ADVERTISEMENT

Black Lives Matter: Really? Is BLM really concerned about...

But what does destroying a city accomplish? Destroying a city gets you heard. MLK said that “I think that we’ve got to see that a riot is the language of the unheard. In numerous cases when blacks have peacefully protest one of a few things happened. Their chants go unheard or pushed to the side a la 45 decides to casually have the national guard move protesters so he could do a photo op. I wish I did have to say this but that was totally his actions were totally disrespectful and in the words of Kelly Bryant it was a slap to the face of every American especially black Americans. If you don’t believe that imagine how you would feel if Obama did that to a group of white Americans peacefully protesting.

What does defunding the police accomplish? This is a newer term for me or way of thinking so I had to do some research and here is what I gathered
To explain why he supports the idea, Isaac Bryan, the director of UCLA's Black Policy Center, points to history: Law enforcement in the South began as slave patrol, a team of vigilantes hired to recapture escaped slaves. Then, when slavery was abolished, police enforced Jim Crow laws -- even the most minor infractions.

And today, police disproportionately use force against black people, and black people are more likely to be arrested and sentenced. I’ll also leave a link a the the bottom

So you are punishing millions of innocent people just because you want to tear stuff up...ridiculous!

So NO they aren’t doing this just to tear stuff up. They are not a bunch of animals. They are fed up. They are acting like most people would if they where treated that same way. If not better.

https://www.afsc.org/blogs/news-and-commentary/6-reasons-why-its-time-to-defund-police
Do you know much about the rest of MLKs interview when he said that and why it might be important to note in light of the case you are trying to make by using it?

So, when I evaluate the tragic circumstances in the Black community if I recognize that 60% of the armed robberies in our country and 56% of the murders are committed by a people group that represents 13% of our population then I have had a racist thought conceptually and I should not eve think about those facts, right?

Certain facts MUST be ignored, right?
I don't think you mean it this way, but it actually can be offensive to describe crime this way. Yes, back people make up 13% of the population and black people are convicted of more than 13% of crime. However, the vast majority of those 13% have not committed any crime. Think about it this way: 94.6% of black people are not criminals and 95.8% of white people are not criminals. I think that you actually have a pretty good concept of this, but there are others on this board who probably need to hear this.

Last edited:
This is source of the idiotic statement that BLM funnels money to Dems, based on the link posted above.it's objectively false and based on zero research. BLM cant legally give money to Dem campaigns. If you give money to blm, BLM keeps it. Again, this is an objective irrefutable truth that the link I posted proves.

Actblue doesn't choose to contribute to Dems the same way that PayPal doesn't choose to give money to whatever retailer you are using PayPal to pay for.
So they don’t funnel money to dems?

The ActBlue website was launched in 2004 by Ben Rahn and Matt DeBergalis as a fundraising platform for left-wing nonprofits, liberal political candidates, and Democratic-aligned PACs.[2] ActBlue Civics was formed eight years later in 2012.[3] According to its own estimates, ActBlue has helped to raise $2.4 billion for its clients since its creation.

So they don’t funnel money to dems?

The ActBlue website was launched in 2004 by Ben Rahn and Matt DeBergalis as a fundraising platform for left-wing nonprofits, liberal political candidates, and Democratic-aligned PACs.[2] ActBlue Civics was formed eight years later in 2012.[3] According to its own estimates, ActBlue has helped to raise $2.4 billion for its clients since its creation.

no. they dont. it's a payment processor or a PLATFORM for people to contribute THROUGH. when you go to the page, you select which campaign and how much. then the campaign gets that money. act blue is just a middle man and arent making any decisions about where the money goes. so when you give to BLM throught ActBlue, BLM gets that money.

republicans have an identical site called WinRed.

this is like getting mad at paypal for "giving" money to home depot.

TRUMPS winred page:https://secure.winred.com/djt/2020-...MIxaqTg-al6gIVCNbACh3sPgpMEAAYASAAEgKR9_D_BwE

Biden's act blue page. https://secure.actblue.com/donate/b...MInqD5_-Wl6gIVDtbACh2DswWiEAAYASAAEgJEsPD_BwE

Reactions: Say My Name
Pointing out “black on black crime”in light of these protests is a racist concept.

It insinuates that there are problems in the black community that are inherent to the black community, and that it’s their own obligation as a people group to fix these problems.

It would be similar to asking the white community seeking social change to address their opiate problem or telling whites people who are at a pro-life rally “what about Dylan Roof? You must not really care about people’s lives.”

Sure, violence within cities, shootings, etc. should be addressed. But telling black people that they are responsible for it is the racist thought.

As a side note, we are all capable of producing racist thoughts. That doesn’t make one a racist. IMO we’re too quick to tie someone’s identity to their implicit beliefs...
Facts argue there are lots of issues inherent to the black community, plenty of other minorities have come to America and don’t have those issues. Regarding Roof, whites came out en masse condemning what he did, immediately.
Is the alternative biological?

This is actually a great point.

If there were policies such as mass incarceration for minor drug offenses that were disproportionately enforced in urban environments and that removed fathers from family systems, wouldn’t it be wise to rethink the policy?
We can look at mother Africa where slaves came from to see their situation, how they live, how they act, would that give us some answers to if this is something America placed on blacks or if there is more to it.

Reactions: tigergrad03
no. they dont. it's a payment processor or a PLATFORM for people to contribute THROUGH. when you go to the page, you select which campaign and how much. then the campaign gets that money. act blue is just a middle man and arent making any decisions about where the money goes. so when you give to BLM throught ActBlue, BLM gets that money.

TRUMPS winred page:https://secure.winred.com/djt/2020-...MIxaqTg-al6gIVCNbACh3sPgpMEAAYASAAEgKR9_D_BwE

Biden's act blue page. https://secure.actblue.com/donate/b...MInqD5_-Wl6gIVDtbACh2DswWiEAAYASAAEgJEsPD_BwE
Lol, yes they do, you even know who the big donors are to these front groups. You are cherry picking one avenue. Tell me this ice, what’s your opinion on BLM? Do you know their history? Opinion? How do you feel about their growing influence in your party?

Lol, yes they do, you even know who the big donors are to these front groups. You are cherry picking one avenue. Tell me this ice, what’s your opinion on BLM? Do you know their history? Opinion? How do you feel about their growing influence in your party?

no they dont. you people can't be this objectively stupid. ACTBLUE IS A PAYMENT PROCESSOR. THIS IS A FACT. jesus. i just cant.

george soros giving to BLM and Dems is not the argument we are having.

BLM DOESNT FUNNEL MONEY TO DEMS.

no they dont. you people can't be this objectively stupid. ACTBLUE IS A PAYMENT PROCESSOR. THIS IS A FACT. jesus. i just cant.

Then who the hell are they giving the money to? Both websites are absolutely ridden with political parties to donate to. Man you are supporting and giving money to the very people trying to enslave us all. They despise black people and anyone who doesn’t support their corruption. If you believe act blue, blm or the Democrats are trying to do anything good for black Americans I honestly feel sorry for you. I would burn my money before handing these idiots a penny. How in the world did you fall for this?

Then who the hell are they giving the money to? Both websites are absolutely ridden with political parties to donate to. Man you are supporting and giving money to the very people trying to enslave us all. They despise black people and anyone who doesn’t support their corruption. If you believe act blue, blm or the Democrats are trying to do anything good for black Americans I honestly feel sorry for you. I would burn my money before handing these idiots a penny. How in the world did you fall for this?

ActBlue isn't giving anyone money. Why don't you understand that. They are a pass through.

The idea that democrats despise black people is almost as stupid as the ActBlue point that you all can't get passed.

I will admit that democrats have failed black people. For years.

And within 5 minutes it was obvious what they’ve done. The layer after layer after layer on each website along with multiple websites is the oldest trick in the book for funneling money. Where there’s this much money, people and organizations involved there’s absolutely corruption.

And within 5 minutes it was obvious what they’ve done. The layer after layer after layer on each website along with multiple websites is the oldest trick in the book for funneling money. Where there’s this much money, people and organizations involved there’s absolutely corruption.

YOU CANT BE THIS DUMB. SERIOUSLY.

There aren't "layers". You give money to a candidate through ActBlue. The candidate/cause gets that money. ITS AMAZING YOU CANT GRASP THIS.

ActBlue isn't giving anyone money. Why don't you understand that. They are a pass through.

The idea that democrats despise black people is almost as stupid as the ActBlue point that you all can't get passed.

I will admit that democrats have failed black people. For years.
And with all their greatness why is it they have failed blacks people for years????

They don’t give a shit about them! They are using them to get votes to keep their greedy evil asses in power indefinitely! The only thing they care about is sitting in Washington DC and their cozy mansions all over the world. Look at their individual net worth and ask yourself how is that possible? Start with Nancy Pelosi

The issue is that nobody understands nuance anymore. Everyone gets their talking points from their polo to all party and fall in line, regurgitating the same bull shit over and over.

BLM as an organization is nothing more than a Democratic shell company bent in funneling money to rich white politicians to keep/gain power.

BLM as a movement and ideology is completely warranted IMO. I understand their anger. Their lived experiences speak to racism on many fronts. And something we should absolutely listen to, and do whatever we can to fix.

We have MANY LEO’s who are racist and power hungry. And more accountability is needed. (And MORE funding for training, not less. But I digress.)

Consistently citing black on black crime during this conversation is completely worthless and borderline racially driven.

It is the same argument that the Democratic Party (you know, those bad guys over there) use when discussing abortion. One side says babies in the womb matter, the other side responds with “Well illegal alien lives matter!” and conservatives get angry. But that’s because it isn’t the issue we are discussing.

The issue is police brutality aimed at black people at a significantly higher rate than whites.

Take your emotions out and discuss the actual issue. Listen to the “other side”. It’s actually okay to do so.
The fatal flaw with your argument, 9 unarmed blacks killed last year by police, 5 of them initiated a fight where they went for the cops weapon. 9. Now let’s look at how many blacks killed other blacks. 2380. Two thousand three hundred and eighty.
With such a massive disparity, it makes BLM look like either idiots or (what they are) race baiting political hacks for the left, by focusing on the cop issue. It’s like I have a paper cut on my finger and my arm severed at the shoulder and I think it wise to make my priority to treat the paper cut.

YOU CANT BE THIS DUMB. SERIOUSLY.

There aren't "layers". You give money to a candidate through ActBlue. The candidate/cause gets that money. ITS AMAZING YOU CANT GRASP THIS.
LOL I’m not going any further with this. You believe what you believe and I’ll do the same. I promise you the day is going to come that you will see what they have done. That should have already happened but it will.

Reactions: areeves
The fatal flaw with your argument, 9 unarmed blacks killed last year by police, 5 of them initiated a fight where they went for the cops weapon. 9. Now let’s look at how many blacks killed other blacks. 2380. Two thousand three hundred and eighty.
With such a massive disparity, it makes BLM look like either idiots or (what they are) race baiting political hacks for the left, by focusing on the cop issue. It’s like I have a paper cut on my finger and my arm severed at the shoulder and I think it wise to make my priority to treat the paper cut.
Very well said! 100% agree.

And with all their greatness why is it they have failed blacks people for years????

They don’t give a shit about them! They are using them to get votes to keep their greedy evil asses in power indefinitely! The only thing they care about is sitting in Washington DC and their cozy mansions all over the world. Look at their individual net worth and ask yourself how is that possible? Start with Nancy Pelosi
If blacks are allow to progress in society a lot of the votes will funnel to conservatives. It’s all the democrats have to keep blacks enslaved. Blacks by in large despise homosexuality, the majority oppose abortion also. Those issues alone will cause dissention were it not for the racism narrative.

Last edited:
LOL I’m not going any further with this. You believe what you believe and I’ll do the same. I promise you the day is going to come that you will see what they have done. That should have already happened but it will.

jesus christ. what you "believe" is an objective falsehood. easily disproven.

Yes they do, also, their primary source of funding is also one of the very top contributors to democrats, said funding also funds other groups who’s spoken intent is to destroy America. Said funder gives zero to conservatives.

Reactions: CUTiger1977
Why does every thread get moved to the round table the moment our resident liberals start getting smoked? I’m here to educate, but I feel I’m being marginalized and censored!

Yes they do, also, their primary source of funding is also one of the very top contributors to democrats, said funding also funds other groups who’s spoken intent is to destroy America. Said funder gives zero to conservatives.
The useful idiots of the left are too brain washed to think for themselves. They are the Participation Trophy Generation that was indoctrinated by left wing atheist educators into hating American values.

Reactions: areeves
I would love to see those stats from a logical thinker. Genuinely.

And before you assume I am on the "other side", please note I am a registered/voting Republican who voted for Trump in '16 and will again in '20. So spare me the liberal attacks.
FBI stats are what I use, almost 2 unarmed whites killed for every unarmed black

Your fatal flaw is using false as well as incomplete statistics. You should reread the WaPo stats you are quoting. The numbers you are quoting from WaPo are not correct as you stated them, and also incomplete. WaPo does not reference "9 unarmed blacks killed last year by police". Those are your words. And the actual number isnt even 9, it is 13. The stat is referencing unarmed black men shot and killed by police while on duty. Doesn't include off-duty killings, doesn't incude taser, doesn't include black people killed by chokeholds/restraints/etc.

Even if your stats were correct (9 black, 19 white killed), you do understand that the US is 76.5% White and 13% Black according to 2018 data. So the argument would still hold true that blacks are disproportionately killed by cops than whites. That is simple math.33

I am all for stats, just please quote the actual stats.

And I hear you about black on black crime, it is terrible. And a real issue. But also we have seen the black-on-black crime rates decline in Chicago over the last few years due to primarily black led initiatives in the city. Most of which we don't hear about.

The arm analogy you gave makes zero sense in context. There are thousands of problems currently in our country. Are you currently fighting every single one of them? If not, why? Do you not care about the other issues? You just made up a random analogy to try and prove your point.

Conservatives (I am a voting Conservative, BTW) love to bring up black on black crime when referencing police brutality but get real butt hurt when a Liberal asks if you care about immigrant lives while you protest abortion chanting "Pro-Life". It is frustrating because it is not the issue we are discussing.

So either both sides can bring up random issues, or neither can and we simply discuss the topic at hand.
For the sake of simplicity, let’s say the number you say is 13 is actually 100, the jistt of what I said still stands to any rational person, 100 or 2380, the disproportionate % still exposes the blm movement for what it is. Also, Choke holds save saves. Choke holds are only necessary when people are violently resisting, there is no other means to control the subject as effective. Now without the choke hold you will see more officers go to their gun , baton, or taser.

Last edited:
So blacks ARE killed at a higher rate than whites.
Not when you look at the rate of incidence compared to the rate of death. And that does not take into account the fact that black culture has made it a badge of honor to resist police, to be belligerent towards police. There are untold videos showing this to be the case, from prominent black politicians and state officials to street thugs.

I completely agree on the chokehold issue, 100%. I believe that Law Enforcement needs MORE funding. More training. I think that every LEO should be training in BJJ/Martial Arts so they feel comfortable in H2H situations and not immediately resort to higher force. No need to convince me.

All I am saying is that the stat you are sharing isn't proving the point you think it is. You are saying that 2 whites are killed per 1 black, and I am telling you that the the population percentage of each is not 2 to 1, but almost 6 to 1. So that states that blacks are killed at a disproportionate rate than whites.

And you aren't referencing the rate of incidences, you continue to cite stats about unarmed deaths. Please reference the rate of incidences, once again I am happy to see the stats! Genuinely.

Blacks were disproportionately likely to commit homicide and to be the victims. In 2008 the offending rate for blacks was seven times higher than for whites and the victimisation rate was six times higher.

As we found yesterday, 93 per cent of black victims were killed by blacks and 84 per cent of white victims were killed by whites.

Alternative statistics from the FBI are more up to date but include many crimes where the killer’s race is not recorded. These numbers tell a similar story.

In 2013, the FBI has black criminals carrying out 38 per cent of murders, compared to 31.1 per cent for whites. The offender’s race was “unknown” in 29.1 per cent of cases.

Copy and pasted above, fbi link included if you care to educate yourself. These number are everywhere, you are being willfully ignorant. In summary, black carry out a disproportionate % of crime, 17% of the population carries out more violent crime than the vast majority white. So the reality is rate per incidence actually means a white is more likely to be killed by police.

Less reported yes. But consider your source. Do you really believe what the vomit spewing media tells you?

To a certain extent I do. I’m more conservative then you think. I drove for Uber and Lyft here in South Carolina mostly in Columbia and Charleston and I can’t even tell you how many college kid tell stories of how cops let them off the hook and told them that they were doing them a favor because they were white and did want them to get a record for being young and dumb. A few of the things were felonies. That’s not systemic? I’ve been fortunate enough to hear this from first hand experiences not just from the news.

Reactions: undertheradar
I would love to see those stats from a logical thinker. Genuinely.

And before you assume I am on the "other side", please note I am a registered/voting Republican who voted for Trump in '16 and will again in '20. So spare me the liberal attacks.
By other side I meant the side that views the issue with a lot of emotion, not political party. I’m neither Democrat or republican. And even if i was one or the other I wouldn’t stoop to insulting another person for what party they affiliate with because I have friends and family that affiliate with both.

For the stats: 2019 police fatally shot 1004 people. Number of those people that were black- 225.

To a certain extent I do. I’m more conservative then you think. I drove for Uber and Lyft here in South Carolina mostly in Columbia and Charleston and I can’t even tell you how many college kid tell stories of how cops let them off the hook and told them that they were doing them a favor because they were white and did want them to get a record for being young and dumb. A few of the things were felonies. That’s not systemic? I’ve been fortunate enough to hear this from first hand experiences not just from the news.
Fair point, I would agree that young white males (specifically those with wealthy and/or well connected parents) are more likely to get a get-out-of-jail free card than anyone else. However, I don’t want this to come off as callous, but life isn’t fair and there is always going to be some bias in determining who to let off with a slap on the wrist and who to prosecute. While it isn’t fair that the dirtbag white college students got off the hook for whatever they did, how does it make a random black student any worse off?

What is the racial makeup of the police force in general?

You can't eliminate individual bias or racism. So one way to attack the problem is to have more minority representation in the police force in general. Why is no one promoting this?

Ok this is a good post. You laid out facts from experience. And first hand experience is the best. I haven’t been in a position to experience this. And believe me I’m not a huge fan of the cops. I’ve had a few incidents due to speeding tickets and having a CWP which also meant I had at at least one gun at the time. That’s been awhile but I never have forgotten it. One was a mess. I even at the time ironically was reading the SC gun law book and had it with me. I was coming home from work.

None the less I do think there’s an issue that the good police have to fix within their own. It would seem that the issue has grown over the years and logic would suggest so given the constant militarization they are going through.

And militarization is a HUGE problem. The no knock warrant issue is disturbing beyond belief. I’ve read entire books on it. Did you know it happens over 80,000 times a year in this country?
They kill incident people daily of all races. Heck I’m far more concerned about this than a burglar breaking into my home. They consistently end up at the wrong house. If someone is breaking in I assume it’s a threat (which it still would be in this case) and I’m slightly over prepared for that. So basically everyone including me would likely die. Imo this is the biggest issue with police.

And yes I’m sure these kids and their likely rich parents in some cases played a role in that. It’s a shame man because I really do have as many black friends as white. I’ve known them for a long time and may have a few discussions with them and try to gather more information. But whites being racist isn’t nearly the problem the media is portraying it to be. Cops? I suspect it’s higher in that group.

I didn’t get it from CNN I got it from a book. The title of the book is The Color Of Law. Read it.
Awesome! Sorry I was slightly wound up. I haven’t read that one. I think I will. Thank you for the replies that are good. See other response to your previous post

ADVERTISEMENT