ADVERTISEMENT

BOA to offer black and Latino customers special mortgages

just identify as black or latino shouldnt be a problem
I’ve taken DNA tests and I have some African and Iberian. Not sure if Iberian would move the needle, but I wonder how far I could push the African American angle. I seriously wonder what their criteria is and how you would go about proving what you are, especially in todays climate of identifying as whatever you want. I seriously doubt BOA would want to have to deal with that issue and would cave to just about anything

At this point I’m all for making a mockery of shit like this

I’ve taken DNA tests and I have some African and Iberian. Not sure if Iberian would move the needle, but I wonder how far I could push the African American angle. I seriously wonder what their criteria is and how you would go about proving what you are, especially in todays climate of identifying as whatever you want. I seriously doubt BOA would want to have to deal with that issue and would cave to just about anything

At this point I’m all for making a mockery of shit like this
Can you not see this issue from any other angle outside of your insecure white male, err, Iberian vantage point? I believe in responsibility so though this program goes further than I'm comfortable with, there is a case to be made for why this is needed.

Can you not see this issue from any other angle outside of your insecure white male, err, Iberian vantage point? I believe in responsibility so though this program goes further than I'm comfortable with, there is a case to be made for why this is needed.

I don’t believe in discriminatory practices under any circumstances. It wasn’t right decades ago, it isn’t right now

The fact that we’re here even having a conversation about the legitimacy of shit like this is literally insane

I don’t believe in discriminatory practices under any circumstances. It wasn’t right decades ago, it isn’t right now

The fact that we’re here even having a conversation about the legitimacy of shit like this is literally insane
So no part of you is happy that this will enable some people to own a home, that otherwise wouldn't have that opportunity? I understand the "potential" downsides but can't you be a little bit happy for them?

What if the story was about angry white welders in SC? Would that make it better?

I would be all in on the policy if the mortgage is for properties in South America and Africa

If you are going to have systemic racism let’s make it the BEST systemic racism there is

This idea slides right into the affirmative action argument

If you want a fair and just society then policies like this BOA pandering does not have a place in America

Treat everyone with respect and have the standards applied with levity

So no part of you is happy that this will enable some people to own a home, that otherwise wouldn't have that opportunity? I understand the "potential" downsides but can't you be a little bit happy for them?

What if the story was about angry white welders in SC? Would that make it better?
No, it would make it wrong, just like this is

Equality. Read about it some time. Preferential treatment is quite literally the opposite of it.

Reactions: OleFastball
how do you square oppressing a group for hundreds of years and then pretending like everyone has the same chance

crazy how your brain works.
Sorry, I’ve never oppressed anyone and nobody is oppressed today in America

Life isn’t fair, not everyone has the same opportunities. No govt or corporate program can or will fix that. Sorry about the bad luck

Right back at ya

Life isn’t fair, not everyone has the same opportunities. No govt or corporate program can or will fix that. Sorry about the bad luck

Right back at ya
your ancestors have been enslaved for hundreds of years in this country 'sorry about the bad luck'.

awesome.

no chance you're racist.

your ancestors have been enslaved for hundreds of years in this country 'sorry about the bad luck'.

awesome.

no chance you're racist.
Everyone’s ancestors have been enslaved at some point throughout history. Time to move on and have some personal responsibility and stop trying to force others to give you free stuff and preferential treatment

Your mindset is degenerative

Everyone’s ancestors have been enslaved at some point throughout history. Time to move on and have some personal responsibility and stop trying to force others to give you free stuff and preferential treatment

Your mindset is degenerative
I agree, it's time for you to move on and take responsibility for your own shitty circumstances so you'll stop blaming "others" for your unhappiness.

Last edited:
Lmao what shitty circumstances might that be? You’re really grasping at straws now homie
You tell me

how do you square oppressing a group for hundreds of years and then pretending like everyone has the same chance

Doesnt the question then become where is the line drawn for making amends under the pretense of wrongs done by generations prior? Theres people throughout history who had it as bad or far worse for longer. Not even getting into the housing thing which is economically stupid and almost certain to backfire regardless of any moral goodwill involved. Just purely examining that justification on the logic of it… given history has been brutal to many cultures, why is only one group, in only one country the brutality existed, entitled to a form or forms of compensation?

You tell me

I’m sorry, can you make any valid points or do you just want to continue twisting narratives?

• Haha
Reactions: DW4_2016

There are a lot of hard truths to face if we really want to solve these problems. For sure offering 100% loans to people in these demographics is not going to help with these problems. Historically speaking these kinds of things have never been the success that people had hoped for because the fundamentals in these areas are so bad.

And per the Forbes article, I can understand where people feel like these types of problems are remnants of past sins against the black community in this country. In some ways they are because of the way integration was handled in the devastating impact it had on black wealth because the policy makers in this country were stupid and how they integrated.

Right now two things are the primary drivers of value in an area. One is the crime rate and the second is the quality of schools. If you can't handle the crime rate then the school district will not be successful. It's impossible to gain equity in a home ownership if an area is struggling with crime and quality of schools. These loans will do nothing to assist in that area.

It's also a problematic when city leadership leaves areas blighted until some rich developer comes in and gentrifies an area. We need community-based programs to work with residents in an area that is struggling to improve the quality of the neighborhoods. There need to be massive efforts in this area to try to start turning around these neighborhoods. Locally owned businesses and restaurants will create hope in the community. Successful schools that are safe and nurturing environments for learning will help immensely. Pretty much every aspect of these problems which the government could help with they have failed miserably like the government does with everything else.

As a nation, we have churned out one bad idea after another in the name of past sins towards the black community and other minority communities. The overwhelming majority of these programs have made things dramatically worse. In many ways, the black community is far worse off now than it was when we integrated.

We need to stop with the stupid government funded social experiments and things like these loan programs are basically pushed forward by the government through the large banks. This was always Barney Frank's wet dream. He wanted to nationalize the banking system but since he couldn't do that controlling a few large banks to institute his social policy was the next best thing. It appears as though we've never gotten away from that.

Reactions: GeorgeJ50
I’m sorry, can you make any valid points or do you just want to continue twisting narratives?
My gut tells me it's true. If not, you sure seem to fit the profile of someone unhappy with the way their life turned out so they rage at "other groups" to make themself feel better about their lack of achievement. Someone that feels the world has passed them by because they haven't spread their wings and experienced greater personal growth. JMO

Reactions: TheValley91
My gut tells me it's true. If not, you sure seem to fit the profile of someone unhappy with the way their life turned out so they rage at "other groups" to make themself feel better about their lack of achievement. Someone that feels the world has passed them by because they haven't spread their wings and experienced greater personal growth. JMO
Lol yeah ok buddy. Maybe take some probiotics, your gut needs calibrated. Calling out bullshit for what it is just that… Nothing more, nothing less

Right back at ya

If “nobody is oppressed today in America”, why is it that the median black family has about 1/8th the wealth of the median white family?

If “nobody is oppressed today in America”, why is it that the median black family has about 1/8th the wealth of the median white family?

Do me a favor and explain how that equates to blacks being oppressed

Thanks

Do me a favor and explain how that equates to blacks being oppressed

Thanks

I believe that a persons race has no bearing on their character or capabilities. Do you share that belief?

With that belief in mind, If there is no oppression of anyone in america, why does the median black family have 12¢ to every dollar of their white counterparts?

If there’s no oppression, the population of the US should be of a large enough sample size that people of equal character and capability would have similar socioeconomic outcomes. 12¢ on the dollar is too wide of a margin to write off as “oh well, life’s not fair”.

I believe this is a result of centuries of oppression. What do you think is causing this?

Reactions: ClemsonReign
I believe that a persons race has no bearing on their character or capabilities. Do you share that belief?

With that belief in mind, If there is no oppression of anyone in america, why does the median black family have 12¢ to every dollar of their white counterparts?

If there’s no oppression, the population of the US should be of a large enough sample size that people of equal character and capability would have similar socioeconomic outcomes. 12¢ on the dollar is too wide of a margin to write off as “oh well, life’s not fair”.

I believe this is a result of centuries of oppression. What do you think is causing this?

What's for a minute assume your argument is correct. How do you explain the fact that Nigerian immigrants coming to this country with little to no money are the most educated, successful and wealthy immigrant groups in this country?

People from Nigeria are almost exclusively black. So if there were systemic oppression of people based on the color of their skin then it would apply to them as well. Yet they succeed at a rate far beyond any other group including whites. What's the reason for that?

What's for a minute assume your argument is correct. How do you explain the fact that Nigerian immigrants coming to this country with little to no money are the most educated, successful and wealthy immigrant groups in this country?

People from Nigeria are almost exclusively black. So if there were systemic oppression of people based on the color of their skin then it would apply to them as well. Yet they succeed at a rate far beyond any other group including whites. What's the reason for that?

Source? Not doubting you, but would like some context.

I would argue that Nigerian immigrants’ families haven’t been subjected to centuries of the USA’s systemic racism.

Also The people who are willing/able to travel to the are going to be of higher ambition and/or socioeconomic status than the Nigerian population at large. The sample is skewed, and I don’t think it’s accurate to apply these statistics to the entire black population of the US.

Hopefully i’ve answered your question. Would you like to take a stab at mine: Why does the median black family have 1/8th the wealth of the median white family?

You aren’t going to get any argument out of me that black people aren’t at somewhat of a disadvantage based on generational poverty, education, etc. I 100% believe they are. I also believe the same applies to poor white people as well. But you aren’t going to see me advocating for preferential treatment for anybody, because that’s stupid. Fix your own problems and stop falling back on the system(other people’s money) to do it for you. Life isn’t fair. Sorry.

Since the black slave trade was actually a function of one African tribe conquering another black tribe then enslaving those they didn’t kill or eat

After which they then sold the excess to white slave traders who then sold them as merchandise to various people around the globe

So since this sordid part of history originated with black tribes in Africa I am all in on punishing and beating the hell out of those race mongering black tribes who overpowered and discriminated against blacks of different skin tones back in the day like centuries ago to even present day Africa

So heck yes I say make those Nigerian oil barons pay restitution for the abuses they heaped on their black brothers

So us dumb poor Southerners most of us who never had a slave are supposed to feel sorry for people who we as a group had nothing to do with slavery

So as to the hundreds of years reference you are correct that the tribes of Africa conducted this savage slavery practice for thousands of years if not tens of thousands of years black on black before the first white face showed up on that continent

So feel anything today about what happened 150 years ago for about 100 years

Nah cause today opportunity exists and if you are around me you don’t get to play victim

You are a warrior and stop using the chickenshit racism excuse because you are pathetically lazy and will not have motivation ambition and get off your ass and make something of yourself

Racism is a losers excuse

Learn how to be a champion and you will then understand

You don’t know till you do

Last edited:
Reactions: TigerGrowls
You aren’t going to get any argument out of me that black people aren’t at somewhat of a disadvantage based on generational poverty, education, etc. I 100% believe they are. I also believe the same applies to poor white people as well. But you aren’t going to see me advocating for preferential treatment for anybody, because that’s stupid. Fix your own problems and stop falling back on the system(other people’s money) to do it for you. Life isn’t fair. Sorry.

You Still haven’t answered any of my questions.

1. I believe that a persons race has no bearing on their character or capabilities. Do you share that belief?

2. If there is no oppression of anyone in america, why does the median black family have 12¢ to every dollar of their white counterparts? What do you think is causing this?

I would argue that Nigerian immigrants’ families haven’t been subjected to centuries of the USA’s systemic racism.

Also The people who are willing/able to travel to the are going to be of higher ambition and/or socioeconomic status than the Nigerian population at large. The sample is skewed, and I don’t think it’s accurate to apply these statistics to the entire black population of the US.

Hopefully i’ve answered your question. Would you like to take a stab at mine: Why does the median black family have 1/8th the wealth of the median white family?
Wait. So your justification is that Nigerians likely have higher drive and ambition? And you’re saying they likely have a higher socioeconomic background?

1. I believe that a persons race has no bearing on their character or capabilities. Do you share that belief?

2. If there is no oppression of anyone in america, why does the median black family have 12¢ to every dollar of their white counterparts? What do you think is causing this?
1. Yes

2. There are lots of reasons. What I just stated above is one, as well as a culture glorifying criminal and degenerative behavior, a general mentality that they can’t achieve goals because of a lack of socioeconomic mobility, and plenty of other reasons. And again, these same things can be applied to other ethnic groups as well, specifically scotch-Irish people of Appalachia and Native Americans

I’m just not going to entertain any idea that places the plight of black people in America solely on white people and systemic racism. Especially when personal responsibility is never brought up as a solution. Part of the issue? Sure, absolutely. You’re also not going to get me board with government being the solution to all ills. Just isn’t gonna happen

• Haha
Reactions: DW4_2016

Short answer dyed and tinted hair along with French Pedicures and extravagent pedicures instead of putting money into a stock fund such as a Vanguard ETF

Frugality and hard work begets wealth

listen to successful people instead of whining about being a loser

If you don’t know it let me make you aware that there are a significant amount of well to do and very wealthy black people who were poor as children and now wealthy as adults

Think Dr Ben Carson to start

Read his biography and learn something

1. Agree
2. LBJ

Wait. So your justification is that Nigerians likely have higher drive and ambition? And you’re saying they likely have a higher socioeconomic background?
No. I’m saying Nigerians who have the means/ambition to travel to the US for jobs, education, etc. are typically going to be wealthier/more ambitions than the overall population in Nigeria. You can’t compare a segment of one population to the entirety of another. It’s not that complicated, try to keep up.

Reactions: TheValley91
Are you suggesting that we coddle people with lower ambition? Or somehow treat people differently based on their level of ambition, drive and work ethic?
No even remotely what I said/suggested. See my response to JoeBidenSniffsSwaztikas

• Haha
Reactions: dpic73
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT