ADVERTISEMENT

Breeland excited to visit the White House

CU Alumnus

The Jack Dunlap Club
Gold Member
Nov 30, 2007
I know where this will probably go but what the hell, but I thought this was interesting. Apparently the Chiefs' and former Clemson Tiger Bashaud Breeland is actually excited to visit the White house with the team (assuming they go).

With all of the controversey surrounding WH visits, I found this interesting.

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/chiefs-bashaud-breeland-white-house-visit

Not reading anything into this beyond he wants to make the trip.

I just don’t understand this argument. In the end, if their stance is to not visit, then do they think that changes people’s votes? Three short year ago, that house was occupied by Obama. I assume this is a president they would have visited. He was there for 8 years. Bush before him and Clinton before Bush. It’s not about the man, it’s about the office. It’s about tradition. The president isn’t even with them that long. Just childish.

I just don’t understand this argument. In the end, if their stance is to not visit, then do they think that changes people’s votes? Three short year ago, that house was occupied by Obama. I assume this is a president they would have visited. He was there for 8 years. Bush before him and Clinton before Bush. It’s not about the man, it’s about the office. It’s about tradition. The president isn’t even with them that long. Just childish.

I just took it to mean that these guys often do think for themselves and have their own opinions, and the NFL isn't a league full of guys who just do whatever everyone else does.

LSU just went ! Why would the Chiefs not go ?

I just took it to mean that these guys often do think for themselves and have their own opinions, and the NFL isn't a league full of guys who just do whatever everyone else does.
Oh, this wasn’t a shot at you. I just meant it’s an honor to go to the White House and I don’t see how anyone can argue that. It would be like Obama telling a team not to come because the school was in a state that he didn’t win. Just childish.

Oh, this wasn’t a shot at you. I just meant it’s an honor to go to the White House and I don’t see how anyone can argue that. It would be like Obama telling a team not to come because the school was in a state that he didn’t win. Just childish.

I can see that. I also think that if an athlete doesn't want to go, they shouldn't have to. But I also understand respecting the office. If I were an athlete and were invited by the President I would attend regardless of who it was. But others think differently and that's okay.

Most people including the independents are sick of the shit show that the Media, The Democratic Congress and their presidential candidates have become.
Really? Is this from a poll? Your personal opinion? Or just what Fox News and Trump are telling you?

Reactions: griffgolf
I can see that. I also think that if an athlete doesn't want to go, they shouldn't have to. But I also understand respecting the office. If I were an athlete and were invited by the President I would attend regardless of who it was. But others think differently and that's okay.
This is my opinion too. I despise all politicians but a trip to the White House no matter who was President would be a cool adventure.

Guilt by association is what people look at now. As some celebrities have found out, just talking with an ex president from an opposing political party at a sporting event means you agree with their worst qualities or excuse their views on hot button issues. We live in a weird world now.

Really? Is this from a poll? Your personal opinion? Or just what Fox News and Trump are telling you?
I’d rather get my news from Fox instead of that garbage CNN and MSNBC. But my polls tell me it’s a national opinion that most Americans are tired of this sham put on by the Democrats and FakeNews media

Reactions: Pvilletigerfan
Guilt by association is what people look at now. As some celebrities have found out, just talking with an ex president from an opposing political party at a sporting event means you agree with their worst qualities or excuse their views on hot button issues. We live in a weird world now.
Look at what happened to Ellen, it's stupid.

I'm betting that Travis Kelce will not attend.

This is my opinion too. I despise all politicians but a trip to the White House no matter who was President would be a cool adventure.

I personally agree with you. However, I think most athletes would respect the office and attend as long as the occupant is truly recognizing them/their achievement and doesn't try to use the event to self promote. If they don't trust the occupant to not use them as a prop (assuming they don't agree politically), I can understand their reluctance.

Sadly, these events are now more about who is in office rather than the athletes and their on-field achievements.

In the end, the president should extend the invitation, but it should be the athlete's choice to attend or not without criticism from any partisan group.

Trump has little to no character but why would you pass up an opportunity to get a tour of the White House? You don't have to talk to the guy. I'd go and probably just not elect to meet him.

I’d rather get my news from Fox instead of that garbage CNN and MSNBC. But my polls tell me it’s a national opinion that most Americans are tired of this sham put on by the Democrats and FakeNews media
Fox has too many Rhinos but still by far the best. That’s why they dominate the ratings. CNN has had especially low ratings lately. I think the 2 year Russia Hoax killed any credibility.

Last edited:
Reactions: Orange&Purple
Yeah. I don’t get the protest angle by not visiting. If there was a legit gripe with some egregious policy, I’d listen to arguments. But, the majority is simply posturing. I’d be excited and consider it an honor to visit Trump, and I would have felt the same way about Obama. Despite the fact that the political views of one align much more closely with my own.

Also seems to me that if you have issues with someone, what better way to address those or find a time to discuss those than meeting with that person face to face as opposed to throwing public tantrums for Twitter cred?

Reactions: ChicagoTiger85
Sure, it’s okay. But, free will is like free speech. I don’t want to hear any bitching about the public response for not going. Those people know exactly what they’re doing.

I think being seen associating with a former president that opposes your views is way different than going to the White House with your team. The thing with Ellen was easy prey for the vultures out there. I don’t care about either scenario. If Obama is sitting next to me, I’m not getting up and walking away. I will show him the respect he deserves. We do live in a strange world, but the only thing that makes it strange is that a small minority have been given a megaphone. And boy do they use it instead of just shutting their mouths and staying out of other people’s affairs, beliefs and opinions.

Reactions: 88MechEng
Trump is crass but the media needs to cut the shit out pretending he’s Pol Pot .
The media is reactionary. He isn't Pol Pot but he is 100% responsible for his inflammatory twitter bullshit.

Media is just trying to make money, he's doing the best he can to make CNN profitable.

Reactions: JAMCRACKER99
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT