ADVERTISEMENT

Brent Venables

Hkytiger

Valles Marineris
Gold Member
Mar 9, 2012
….was the great balancing force that kept checks and balances on Dabo and the staff of yes men before the hiring of Coach Luke and Coach Rumph. Dabo is a victim of his own legendary success which will lead to an accelerated downfall no later than the end of next season where he will exit one way or another……He has acquired a financial goldmine with a trophy case to match so there is no deep rooted urgency any more even though he still says all of the right things just like when the Clemson machine was in the early phase of being built starting around 10-12 years ago…per Dabo in 2015:

“In the business world, you look at the old bell curve of a business. You’ve got the birth. You’ve got the growth. You’ve got the plateau. You’ve got the decline. And you’ve got the death. Those great businesses out there, those great programs, they don’t plateau. So how do you do that? You have to constantly reinvent, reinvest, reset, learn, grow. You change. You have to do that. You don’t just change to change, but you have to always challenge yourself each and every year to make sure. ‘Ok, this may be how we’ve done it, but is it still the right way?’ At least ask those type of questions.

I think every successful business, every consistent program, that’s a mentality. You can’t be satisfied. Because just as soon as you think you’ve arrived and you’re satisfied, then you plateau and then the next thing you know you’re on that decline. Now you don’t pay attention to the little things. You don’t have the sense of urgency because you’re fat and happy, then it’s death. The business is closed, or whatever.”

I’m huge Dabo fan; he somehow remembered the names of both my sons at each and every year of the four football camps we’ve been to over the years. He’s been an inspiration to me professionally and personally. But I’ve seen a side of him play out that I believe is an irreversible trend that will soon lead to an increasingly contentious next 18-24 months or so. This regime’s mindset and operational structure is unsustainable, most notably highlighted by negligent roster management and an unhealthy resistance to change. Our erosion to a fringe top 20-25 program will not be acceptable by all the key components of Clemson nation.

• Haha
Reactions: ILSEB
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.