ADVERTISEMENT

California - one first states to have coronavirus and sheltered in place for about

I'm no virologist/epidimiologist or anything close to that, but it seems that the virus is weakening or mutating.

I know that originally the virus couldn't handle UV light. If it has mutated to be able to, I don't know if that was at the cost of it getting weaker or what. There is so much bad info on this damn thing out there.

how many months? Now there cases are sky rocketing..... MixMaster might have been smarter than many give him credit (including me). SC numbers might spike anytime but hopefully we did the right thing. Mask should help in Cali too right?

March 14th....I think

I got here March 2nd, first time ever in California and 2 weeks later they shut it down, lol.

I'm no virologist/epidimiologist or anything close to that, but it seems that the virus is weakening or mutating.

I know that originally the virus couldn't handle UV light. If it has mutated to be able to, I don't know if that was at the cost of it getting weaker or what. There is so much bad info on this damn thing out there.

It’s also strange how some places get massive outbreaks while others don’t. I have had numerous customers who have had outbreaks at work. None of my employees have had it though.

It seems like more data is starting to imply a portion of the population already has immunity. Regardless history will not be kind to the “experts” who used this outbreak to try unproven preventative measures.

it’s looking more and more like Bill Gates and crew have used this as a practice for viruses down the road. Luckily our government has already left room in the real ID laws to add forced vaccinations. Which is where this seems to be going.

Reactions: CUTigerfan32
Do not think there is that much difference between SC and Cali .....Cases in SC are much higher and we were one of the lower states in cases back in the spring. We quarentened early as well.

Everywhere had/has to go through their NY moment. Call it herd or call it whatever you want but they are doing much better after their huge surge.

Everyone hid from it. They/we did not "beat" it by cowering in our homes.

The southeast was the first to basically say "screw it" and move forward. Now the southeast is in a declining stage and has been for several weeks.

All these places that are over aggressive with restrictions are bankrupting their people and delaying the inevitable.

**I'm not saying to just open everything back up like normal haphazardly. Not even close. That would be idiotic. But I do think you can open everything with some restrictions in place. That includes playing sports.

Everywhere had/has to go through their NY moment. Call it herd or call it whatever you want but they are doing much better after their huge surge.

The southeast was the first to basically say "screw it" and move forward. Now the southeast is in a declining stage and has been for several weeks.

All these places that are over aggressive with restrictions are bankrupting their people and delaying the inevitable.

**I'm not saying to just open everything back up like normal haphazardly. Not even close. That would be idiotic. But I do think you can open everything with some restrictions in place. That includes playing sports.
This seems spot on. Every state and community is going to have to face their surge at some point. I don't know if that means we are getting close to herd immunity but it's clear that once you open back up, you're going to see a spike which will then resolve. It's time for all of us to safely get on with our lives.

Why would it be idiotic to open everything back up? As long as the everyone is getting the care they need, there is no need to have restrictions. Not one person in the US has been denied care that they need.

Why would it be idiotic to open everything back up? As long as the everyone is getting the care they need, there is no need to have restrictions. Not one person in the US has been denied care that they need.
I said we shouldn't open everything back up "haphazardly". You left that out. I also said we could open everything up. Just with some restrictions.

Based on the pictures I have seen from "apple chill fest" held in Silver, SC this weekend, we will have another spike in mid september. 2000+ people gathered at a "rock concert" like event. THe carolina cup would have had more social distancing than this. Why the dept of commerce granted approval for this I will never know.

Based on the pictures I have seen from "apple chill fest" held in Silver, SC this weekend, we will have another spike in mid september. 2000+ people gathered at a "rock concert" like event. THe carolina cup would have had more social distancing than this. Why the dept of commerce granted approval for this I will never know.
Silver dragstrip. It's in Manning, SC.
And we all know exactly why no one had the nerves to tell them no.... Career down the tubes and riots outside your house if it gets politicized.

There is another "car and bike" show scheduled to take place in Florence on August 23 at the fair grounds. Complete with stage and multiple artist performing.

The real test will come for everyone as kids get back in school (at all levels) to see how the US reacts when cases really spike again.

It’s also strange how some places get massive outbreaks while others don’t. I have had numerous customers who have had outbreaks at work. None of my employees have had it though.

It seems like more data is starting to imply a portion of the population already has immunity. Regardless history will not be kind to the “experts” who used this outbreak to try unproven preventative measures.

it’s looking more and more like Bill Gates and crew have used this as a practice for viruses down the road. Luckily our government has already left room in the real ID laws to add forced vaccinations. Which is where this seems to be going.
Mandatory vaccinations for preventable disease for all who are physically capable of receiving the vaccine should already exist. The fact that you can choose to not get vaccinated because you are a dipshit is a huge problem

Mandatory vaccinations for preventable disease for all who are physically capable of receiving the vaccine should already exist. The fact that you can choose to not get vaccinated because you are a dipshit is a huge problem
Cool story. Go find yourself a fascist county and move there. No need to bring your authoritative dipshit views over here.

how many months? Now there cases are sky rocketing..... MixMaster might have been smarter than many give him credit (including me). SC numbers might spike anytime but hopefully we did the right thing. Mask should help in Cali too right?

Honestly its a virus. I don't think anyone is a whole lot more right than wrong. I think McMaster had to look at the whole picture because our economy is already going to get crushed from lack of tourism so he didn't do as bad as many think.

Reactions: Pvilletigerfan
California and South Carolina aren't really good comparisons. California has many more densely populated areas than South Carolina, but California is still much lower in cases per capita than SC. Also, California was exposed very early on and was not aware:

"Centers for Disease Control and Prevention confirmed that the Feb. 6 death of a San Jose woman was the first known COVID-19 fatality in the United States. Patricia Dowd, 57, died a full month earlier than the Feb. 29 death of a Washington state man, previously believed to be the first U.S. fatality from the virus."

California and South Carolina aren't really good comparisons. California has many more densely populated areas than South Carolina, but California is still much lower in cases per capita than SC. Also, California was exposed very early on and was not aware:

"Centers for Disease Control and Prevention confirmed that the Feb. 6 death of a San Jose woman was the first known COVID-19 fatality in the United States. Patricia Dowd, 57, died a full month earlier than the Feb. 29 death of a Washington state man, previously believed to be the first U.S. fatality from the virus."
Don’t bring reasonable facts here. Remember, there are pending celebrations waiting to happen when Lex Luther is finally successful.

Per Capita
1 New Jersey
2 New York
17 South Carolina
26 California

https://www.statista.com/statistics/1109011/coronavirus-covid19-death-rates-us-by-state/

When people start to ACTUALLY look at CITIES/REGIONS vs STATES, we can actually make some progress.

LA/SF is not CA
NYC area is not NY
HOUSTON isn’t Texas
Atlanta isn’t Georgia

If anything, we are learning that too many people concentrated is a problem and/or too many people in general. I haven’t looked but just imagine what São Paulo, Mexico City, Rio look like.

Silver dragstrip. It's in Manning, SC.
And we all know exactly why no one had the nerves to tell them no.... Career down the tubes and riots outside your house if it gets politicized.

There is another "car and bike" show scheduled to take place in Florence on August 23 at the fair grounds. Complete with stage and multiple artist performing.
Yep, very familiar with the drag strip. 15 minutes away from my house. You are right about it being politicized. There were several high ranking officials from the county trying to keep it from happening. Same thing went down at the beginning of June....which, I'm sure led to the mid July spike we saw in this area...That was cooler fest tho
https://www.facebook.com/Coolerguys29150/

So johnduhsh is saying he did or didn't get the dipshit vaccine?

According to his post history.... I'm going to say he got the dipshit vaccine but it clearly didn't prevent him from becoming a severe dipshit.

LOL. So enforcing the eradication of preventable disease is fascist? I bet you cream your jeans at every measles outbreak
Yeah, humans have these things called rights. And I’ll play along, where do you draw the line for what our central planners force and don’t force?

diabetes is one of the number 1 killers and largely preventable with diet. Do you support the government forcing people’s diets to save life’s? If not, why?

Y’all communist crack me up. Policies so good you have to be forced to participate...

The Sturgis motorcycle rally in SD is going on right now, despite 60+% of the residents of the town being opposed to it. 250,000 expected people from all over, so I wouldn’t look for a spike just in SD after this, but many of these folks are anti-maskers. I think you have to expect an event that large to have an impact.

There are already 2000 people in quarantine due to School re-openings and that is just the tip of the iceberg in terms of how many schools have opened vs how many have yet to.

Plus, it’s Summer when people can be outdoors more easily and viruses are weaker(so to speak...less easily transmitted is probably a better term). The next month will be telling. Hopefully, things continue improving...I’m crossing my fingers b/c I want some damn football.

Yeah, humans have these things called rights. And I’ll play along, where do you draw the line for what our central planners force and don’t force?

diabetes is one of the number 1 killers and largely preventable with diet. Do you support the government forcing people’s diets to save life’s? If not, why?

Y’all communist crack me up. Policies so good you have to be forced to participate...

Diabetes isn't a communicable disease. Haven't heard of anyone catching Diabetes from someone.

Reactions: johnhugh

There is zero argument against mandatory vaccination for those who are not allergic to the vaccine for severe preventable diseases. Unless you want polio to come back in the name of freedom

Diabetes isn't a communicable disease. Haven't heard of anyone catching Diabetes from someone.
So you agree that people have a right to die without government intervention?

And I notice you ignore how much more lethal coronavirus is for those over weight. Wouldn’t the entire epidemic be much better if the government forced diets?

I’m just trying to understand communist logic.

There is zero argument against mandatory vaccination for those who are not allergic to the vaccine for severe preventable diseases. Unless you want polio to come back in the name of freedom
You should look up what a fallacy is.

I didn’t expect you to be able to answer. You didn’t disappoint.

My views don’t force you to comply to anything. Your views force violence on people who don’t comply. You would have loved Nazi germany. Remember, it’s not fascist if you morally agree.

And I notice you ignore how much more lethal coronavirus is for those over weight. Wouldn’t the entire epidemic be much better if the government forced diets?

Vaccinations against communicable diseases that are in the best interest of society is a far cry from communistic behavior. By your standard if the vaccine was available for the corona virus today and the government mandated that all citizens be vaccinated, you would defy the order just because you don't agree with the order. Never mind that it could potentially save you and those you are around because your rights are more important than the lives you affect. Does that best sum up your logic?

Reactions: CAPT KIRK
You should look up what a fallacy is.

I didn’t expect you to be able to answer. You didn’t disappoint.

My views don’t force you to comply to anything. Your views force violence on people who don’t comply. You would have loved Nazi germany. Remember, it’s not fascist if you morally agree.
Vaccination is an exception. What are your thoughts on drafts for war? Being against whatever makes sense isn’t a personality my man

Vaccination is an exception. What are your thoughts on drafts for war? Being against whatever makes sense isn’t a personality my man
You’ve given no argument to why vaccines are an exception. You state there is no argument, but yet any politician running on forced vaccination wouldn’t get elected. I tend to think the large majority of people are against forced vaccines. So there is plenty of argument when it comes to if the government owns someone’s body.

I’m anti-war and against the government forcing people to participate in their corrupt wars.

Don’t worry, Biden is already laying the ground work to send boots to Lebanon. I’d recommend enlisting so you can have the opportunity to drone strike some innocent people.

Try to make me take a shot. Get in your little baby blue Prius and come give me one you Nazi POS. I’ll be in the Wachovia parking lot. You pick the town. I’m free this afternoon.

This is the 1 in 20 times I’ll agree with you.

Good luck getting people to do “mandatory” vaccination REGARDLESS if it’s proven.

45% adults take the flu vaccine
62% adults for tetanus

if we obtain 60% for COVID vaccination, that would be a massive victory.

Do you disagree with drunk driving laws? If someone wants to be fat and unhealthy that’s their right and doesn’t come at the expense of others. The line you were asking about gets drawn when your rights and freedoms endanger your neighbors.

I would rather take my chances with China flu vs receive a mandatory vaccination. Where is nyvinnie? He will agree with you. After all. New York has done a tremendous job helping sustain social security for a few years

Do you disagree with drunk driving laws? If someone wants to be fat and unhealthy that’s their right and doesn’t come at the expense of others. The line you were asking about gets drawn when your rights and freedoms endanger your neighbors.
Let my neighbor get vaccinated. That’s his right.

ADVERTISEMENT