ADVERTISEMENT

Cancel the NBA

I'll just continue to not care what a sports league or athlete says/does politically and enjoy the product they put out.

It seems like way too much work to be angry and offended by political posturing from anyone, especially an entertainment figure/entity.

I'll just continue to not care what a sports league or athlete says/does politically and enjoy the product they put out.

It seems like way too much work to be angry and offended by political posturing from anyone, especially an entertainment figure/entity.

I honestly just can't imagine going through life making decisions about my shopping and entertainment based so much on politics.

And I literally work in politics.

I'm sorry. Is the hypocrisy of the NBA somehow the democratic party's fault?

****ing yikes.

I sometimes wonder if ... say a black CLEMSON QB (and let’s say he was really good and led us a Natty and chose to kneel or something), if our fan base would be so adamant about not watching games anymore. Or does it only apply when it only fits the narrative you want it to fit/agenda

They were using slave labor to produce their product. The political stances just further illustrate their hypocrisy. This is despicable regardless of your feelings about BLM stuff.

They were using slave labor to produce their product. The political stances just further illustrate their hypocrisy. This is despicable regardless of your feelings about BLM stuff.

I thought Nike was doing that? Don't know how the NBA used slave labor to play basketball. (This was incorrect...I have since read the article. It's terrible what they did but still...)

Call me dangerously apathetic if you will, but there is so much more important in my life to worry about that if I can sit down and be entertained by sports, I'm not gonna worry or get my hackles up about what's behind the curtain.

Last edited:
I thought Nike was doing that? Don't know how the NBA used slave labor to play basketball.

Call me dangerously apathetic if you will, but there is so much more important in my life to worry about that if I can sit down and be entertained by sports, I'm not gonna worry or get my hackles up about what's behind the curtain.
You did not read the article...

Reactions: Pvilletigerfan
The NBA has been the most progressive and responsive sports league in regards to equality and fair treatment of minorities. I cannot understand why they would get so deeply involved with a country with such a horrific record of human rights abuse.

Lololololol. You aren't joking huh?

Why is this funny to you? The NBA made a deal with a Communist regime that suppresses dissent and anyone that doesn't toe the party line for $$$$. You know sorta like the way your party tries to do in this country. And you think it's funny? When exactly did you become a disciple of Mao? Was it in your childhood or were you indoctrinated over time? Holy shit you are stupid

The NBA has been the most progressive and responsive sports league in regards to equality and fair treatment of minorities. I cannot understand why they would get so deeply involved with a country with such a horrific record of human rights abuse.

Duh maybe $$$$$$$?

Reactions: BigTimeTiger
I sometimes wonder if ... say a black CLEMSON QB (and let’s say he was really good and led us a Natty and chose to kneel or something), if our fan base would be so adamant about not watching games anymore. Or does it only apply when it only fits the narrative you want it to fit/agenda

NBA is a shitty product the political stuff is icing on the cake.

I will never watch another NBA game until Lebron retires AND the league repudiates communist.

Are you going to also stop buying all Chinese goods and supporting any companies that have major presences in China? If not, you're just playing political "gotcha", and it's real fvckin' tiresome out of some of you people. You don't care about this, you just want to stick it to the NBA because their black players have the unmitigated gall to want to improve black life in America. Take your weak sh!t somewhere else.

--Mr. DT

Are you going to also stop buying all Chinese goods and supporting any companies that have major presences in China? If not, you're just playing political "gotcha", and it's real fvckin' tiresome out of some of you people. You don't care about this, you just want to stick it to the NBA because their black players have the unmitigated gall to want to improve black life in America. Take your weak sh!t somewhere else.

--Mr. DT
You already this angry on a Wednesday evening?

--Mr. DT
Word!!!

I feel the same way...

Once upon a time, the NBA was a great league...but as usual, liberalism ruined it. And LeBron's clueless ass has pretty much put the final stake in it...
I get it.

s-l200.jpg

Reactions: flotiger

--Mr. DT

I’ve made a deliberate effort in the past couple years to avoid buying anything Chinese, and I’m glad to see others jumping on board. So, no, at least on my part, it’s not political “gotcha”

If you’re going to commit so much zeal and angst toward “black lives”, but continue to support and openly defend a country that commits the human rights atrocities that China commits, im going to call you a huge hypocrite and a tell you you’re FOS

So take your weak shít and shove it up your ass

ADVERTISEMENT