ADVERTISEMENT

Capitol Police whistleblower memo lays out Jan. 6 'intelligence failures' on Pelosi watch

TigerGrowls

Woodrush
Gold Member
Dec 21, 2001
The attempted storyline by J6 committee has been blown to hell. Its all a farce.

Three days after the Jan. 6 riot, a Capitol Police intelligence analyst sent a blistering email to supervisors, blowing the whistle on a failure to heed clear intelligence that right-wing rioters planned to storm the Capitol.

By John Solomon
Updated: September 13, 2022 - 8:49pm
Just three days after the Jan. 6 Capitol breach, one of the Capitol Police's top intelligence analysts sent a blistering email to supervisors, blowing the whistle on what he said was their failure to heed clear intelligence warning that right-wing rioters planned to storm the Capitol.
"We analysts have been reporting for weeks that Patriot groups are commenting on social media their intentions to storm the U.S. Capitol with overwhelming numbers," Eric Hoar wrote in the Jan. 9, 2021 email to his bosses. "I don't know what was occurring behind the scenes, but I hope that information was briefed with the veracity it deserved, and not just a one-time Event Assessment."
Hoar wrote he feared political considerations had overtaken security needs in the lead-up to the riot.
"The notion that valid intelligence is trumped by optics or political decisions is unacceptable and puts lives in danger," he said. "This is a concept I've understood for a long time, and I know you are aware of this as well, and I hope its meaning is now OBVIOUS to ALL Officials, Commanders, and Stakeholders."
You can read his full memo here:
File
EricHoarIntelligenceFailuresMemo1-9-21RedactedAddresses.pdf
The mention of "optics" appears to be a reference to the language used when House Democratic leadership rejected an offer days before Jan. 6 from the Trump Pentagon to send National Guard troops to assist Capitol Police.
After facing retaliation following the riot, Hoar left the Capitol Police's intelligence unit and landed at the Homeland Security Department, where he is now assigned to train numerous agencies — including the Capitol Police — on how to avoid future failures like the one he decried in his memo.
Contacted at his home Tuesday night, Hoar declined comment.
Hoar worked in the U.S. military overseas and then as a uniformed officer for the Capitol Police before a serious car accident left him confined to a wheelchair. He then moved to the intelligence unit, his friends and fellow officers told Just the News.
Republicans on the House Administration Committee led by ranking member Rep. Rodney Davis (R-Ill.) have taken testimony in private from several whistleblowers like Hoar but did not have a copy of his post-event intelligence failures memo. That was provided to Just the News by a senior Capitol Police source.
As Democrats wrap up their Jan. 6 probe, House Republicans are planning to soon release a wealth of evidence they have gathered showing intelligence and planning failures by the police and the first evidence of House Speaker Nancy Pelosi's contacts with the security apparatus leading up to the riots.
House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy and Rep. Jim Banks, head of the GOP Study Committee, have been working with Davis for months on a counter-investigation to the Jan. 6 committee's findings, officials told Just the News.
In his email entitled "1/6 intelligence failures," Hoar wrote he waited a few days to send his assessment to the department's leadership because he wanted to let subside his anger at watching his colleagues needlessly fight off a riot that could have been prevented or mitigated.
"I have been purposely quiet for several days in order to calm myself, but know that I am filled with anger and frustration," he wrote. "Watching videos of Officers and friends that I served next to when I was in uniform being bullied. Watching posts that I've held being overrun, still makes me nauseous."
He pleaded with both rank and file officers and supervisors to honestly acknowledge the intelligence failures that preceded Jan. 6 so that they would not be repeated in the future.
"The purpose of this message is not to investigate blame, but to hopefully provide insight to help prevent another disaster," he wrote at one point, candidly acknowledging the COVID-19 pandemic had made intelligence sharing harder.
"I sincerely hope USCP Commanders have the fortitude to stand-up and LOUDLY convey the need for effective security posture, despite any optics or career repercussions," he added. "A meek commander is a worthless black hole."
Hoar's assessment is directly backed up by hundreds of pages of internal Capitol Police documents obtained by Just the News showing Hoar and other colleagues in the intelligence division receiving detailed warnings from the FBI, Homeland Security Department, the U.S. Marshals Service and D.C. Metropolitan Police that right-wing extremists were plotting to storm the Capitol and attack lawmakers.
The intelligence was processed and forwarded to department components starting on Dec. 21, 2020 up through Jan. 5, 2021, the day before the riots, the memos obtained by Just the News show.
In fact, some of the intelligence was repeatedly sent in an effort to get leaders' attention over the Christmas holidays. "I apologize if this is a double tap with the email," one of Hoar's colleagues, Matthew Hurtig wrote, in an email dated Dec. 31, 2020 where he re-forwarded information from the FBI about right-wing extremist threats on social media to "storm" the U.S. Capitol and "hang" politicians.
Hurtig, who was assigned by Capitol Police to an FBI joint terrorism task force, wrote he was concerned his first effort to forward the information a week earlier didn't appear to have gone through because he got no response.
Hoar assured Hurtig he was escalating the concerns anew to the Capitol Police intelligence division. "Thanks Matt, I will follow up for IICD," he wrote, using the acronym for the Capitol Police intelligence arm.
File
HurtigDec312020IntelReport.pdf
One of the starkest pre-Jan. 6 warnings came in the form of a Homeland Security Department intercept of online posts from a pro-Trump Web site called TheDonald.win, where detailed threats were made starting a month before the riots. Those threats included talk of penetrating the congressional tunnel system, using maps of the Capitol grounds to plot the best routes of attack and explicit instructions to storm the chamber where the Jan. 6 certification of election results was going to be held.
On Dec. 21, 2020, Homeland Security and Metropolitan Police sent the Capitol Police a six-page compilation of the most extreme threats and planning which had been posted in the 24 hours prior on the site.
The extremists discussed why having early maps of the tunnel system would be important to their plans. "It just means you know where to hang out for maximum impact," one post read.
Another came over the top with a chilling instruction that would mirror exactly what happened on Jan. 6 when rioters trapped House and Senate members in the chamber. “Forget the tunnels. Get into Capitol building, stand outside congress. Be in the room next to them . They won’t have time run if they play dumb.”
The threats sent to Capitol Police repeatedly made specific mention of two groups, the Proud Boys and the Oath Keepers, that later would be accused by the FBI of fomenting the violence.
For instance, one threat posted on the site and provided to Capitol Police said the right wing extremists distrusted the Capitol Police force because of “how they defended antifa from proudboys like they were the swiss guard protecting the pope.”
The Dec. 21, 2020 intelligence bulletin that Hoar's division created to summarize the social media chatter about potential violence on Jan. 6 listed specific threats against members of Congress, including House Speaker Nancy Pelosi and Senate Republican Leader Micth McConnell.
It also cited a suggestion to attack the power grid that provided electricity to the Capitol, a vow to burn down the Supreme Court and pleas to bring shovels, nerve gas and weapons to the event. "Bring guns, and don't let any patriot get arrested at any cost," the intelligence bulletin quoted one person planning to attend.
File
CapitolPolice#21-TD-159.pdf
Despite all of the intelligence coming into Capitol Police, the department's final instructions to its front line officers made no mention of the potential warnings.
For instance, the department's Jan. 5, 2021 final Civil Disturbance Units plan for crowd and riot control contained this inexplicable language about threat assessment: "At this time there are no specific known threats related to the Joint Session of Congress - Electoral College Vote Certification."

Reactions: TigerRagRob
Bigly serious. I know that blows up your blame and deflect game but I'm sure the GWP will give you some ammunition to share with us tomorrow for why it's all Nancy's fault anyway, ha
You know your info is not proof at all. They had to have the national guard in place beforehand dude. Trump requested the guard to be there on J6 and did it in advance. You are not correct in your statement.

You know your info is not proof at all. They had to have the national guard in place beforehand dude. Trump requested the guard to be there on J6 and did it in advance. You are not correct in your statement.
Bigly serious. I know that blows up your blame and deflect game but I'm sure the GWP will give you some ammunition to share with us tomorrow for why it's all Nancy's fault anyway, ha
@dpic73, do you like movies?

• Haha
Reactions: TigerRagRob
This is a LIE that has been disproven repeatedly and it's easy to find the truth if you really wanted to. Again, blame and deflect.

So what do you have to say about all those hours Nancy was furiously calling around trying to get the Secretary of Defense, governors and anyone else she could get in touch with to bring in law enforcement? What was Trump doing during that time, while she was doing HIS job?

Please answer that question without the assistance of the Gateway Pundit.

Reactions: flotiger
Be nice to my little pony. Its having a hard time these days trying to defend Pedohitler and scared Trump might be Potus if pubs win the midterms and be Potus for 10 years. I can see poor dpic now....
no-nooo.gif

Dude, did you even read what you sent? The committee is contending that Trump instigated the event through his rhetoric and did nothing while it happened. What exactly is this article undermining? Please read the following paragraph from YOUR article:

"One of the starkest pre-Jan. 6 warnings came in the form of a Homeland Security Department intercept of online posts from a pro-Trump Web site called TheDonald.win, where detailed threats were made starting a month before the riots. Those threats included talk of penetrating the congressional tunnel system, using maps of the Capitol grounds to plot the best routes of attack and explicit instructions to storm the chamber where the Jan. 6 certification of election results was going to be held."

So, a PRO-TRUMP web site had messages intercepted that show a deliberate plan to infiltrate the Capitol grounds and prevent the certification results and somehow, this is undermining the committee's message??? Are you on drugs?

Also, the rest of the article details several examples of these threats. How do you reconcile that with the MAGA storyline that this was a peaceful political protest and not an insurrection or a coup? Are you saying you are now acknowledging you guys were lying? Are you now acknowledging the numerous examples found in this article of premeditation and warnings about the intent of the MAGA world to prevent a peaceful transition of power?

I really hope the committee sees this article, this would really bolster their case that numerous people within the administration knew about it and did nothing. They're complicit and should be punished.

Dude, did you even read what you sent? The committee is contending that Trump instigated the event through his rhetoric and did nothing while it happened. What exactly is this article undermining? Please read the following paragraph from YOUR article:

"One of the starkest pre-Jan. 6 warnings came in the form of a Homeland Security Department intercept of online posts from a pro-Trump Web site called TheDonald.win, where detailed threats were made starting a month before the riots. Those threats included talk of penetrating the congressional tunnel system, using maps of the Capitol grounds to plot the best routes of attack and explicit instructions to storm the chamber where the Jan. 6 certification of election results was going to be held."

So, a PRO-TRUMP web site had messages intercepted that show a deliberate plan to infiltrate the Capitol grounds and prevent the certification results and somehow, this is undermining the committee's message??? Are you on drugs?

Also, the rest of the article details several examples of these threats. How do you reconcile that with the MAGA storyline that this was a peaceful political protest and not an insurrection or a coup? Are you saying you are now acknowledging you guys were lying? Are you now acknowledging the numerous examples found in this article of premeditation and warnings about the intent of the MAGA world to prevent a peaceful transition of power?

I really hope the committee sees this article, this would really bolster their case that numerous people within the administration knew about it and did nothing. They're complicit and should be punished.
Yes anybody that really was trying a coup should be arrested. Not only for J6 but the May 29th coup attempt and both coups the congress tried also. Everyone involved doesnt matter if a member of congress or a fed employee. If they unlawfully tried to overthrow the gov arrest them all. If only interested in enforcing the law one way then fuk off...

You must be misinformed. It was just a peaceful protest about "irregularities". Isn't that right @OleFastball ?

Reactions: ctcseb
Yes anybody that really was trying a coup should be arrested. Not only for J6 but the May 29th coup attempt and both coups the congress tried also. Everyone involved doesnt matter if a member of congress or a fed employee. If they unlawfully tried to overthrow the gov arrest them all. If only interested in enforcing the law one way then fuk off...
You okay dude? Got you “feewin hutt”?

You do the crime, you do the time. I don’t care what political party people represent or are affiliated with. So you can take your whataboutism and stick it.

There’s bad people on both sides willing to commit crimes in defense of their idealogy. They should all face justice. The Alex Jones punishment yesterday made me super happy. Tired of evil people evading justice.

You okay dude? Got you “feewin hutt”?

You do the crime, you do the time. I don’t care what political party people represent or are affiliated with. So you can take your whataboutism and stick it.

There’s bad people on both sides willing to commit crimes in defense of their idealogy. They should all face justice. The Alex Jones punishment yesterday made me super happy. Tired of evil people evading justice.
You claim to not care about parties but then cry about whatabotisms. I said arrest all of them that tried a coup. If party doesnt matter then you would agree with that. You would also agree you cant just enforce law on one side and not the other also. If there is a two tier justice system then we dont have a country. Law has to be applied equal and fair or everything falls apart...

• Haha
Reactions: DW4_2016
You claim to not care about parties but then cry about whatabotisms. I said arrest all of them that tried a coup. If party doesnt matter then you would agree with that. You would also agree you cant just enforce law on one side and not the other also. If there is a two tier justice system then we dont have a country. Law has to be applied equal and fair or everything falls apart...

You are pretending to be fair in your application of justice and then bring up the two “coups by Congress” which I assume is your way of taking a jab at the Trump impeachments. So, you claim objectivity but mislabel the impeachments because of your bias. Ted Cruz said there wasn’t a single senator that didn’t think Trump absolutely went for a quid pro quo with Zelensky. Everyone knew he was guilty but they protected him to not lose power. Similarly, McConnell declared Trump guilty of instigating the riots. Similarly, your coward buddies protected again. Please stop with your false equivalency of these being “coups” that need to be punished. Your own side admits Trump was guilty as fvck, they just didn’t want to “lose”.

Once you stop lying and misrepresenting reality, then we can agree that truly guilty people should get punished.

You are pretending to be fair in your application of justice and then bring up the two “coups by Congress” which I assume is your way of taking a jab at the Trump impeachments. So, you claim objectivity but mislabel the impeachments because of your bias. Ted Cruz said there wasn’t a single senator that didn’t think Trump absolutely went for a quid pro quo with Zelensky. Everyone knew he was guilty but they protected him to not lose power. Similarly, McConnell declared Trump guilty of instigating the riots. Similarly, your coward buddies protected again. Please stop with your false equivalency of these being “coups” that need to be punished. Your own side admits Trump was guilty as fvck, they just didn’t want to “lose”.

Once you stop lying and misrepresenting reality, then we can agree that truly guilty people should get punished.
Do you even know what the definition of a coup is? Its the unlawful removal of a lawfully elected government. Thats what they did with the two impeachments. They lied and fabricated charges. You had a sitting member of congress write out a bullshit transcript of a call that Adam Shitt and his staff wrote and read it into the record as evidence. The star witness stated Trump didnt ask for a favor but was asked if he thought Trump really wanted one. He said yes and that was grounds? Dont really care what they thought. What was the evidence? None. All you said is "well some people THOUGHT he did".. It was clear this was a shame and lie and yet they went with it. So it was unlawful thus a coup attempt. When you know something isnt true but try to use it any way thats not lawful. Also see Russiagate. Also see when the leftist mob breached the White House in an attempt to get Trump on May 29 2020 and set Washington on fire as if the British were there again. Dont want to hear a fukin thing from you if your just going to be partisan. I say arrest them all no matter the party...

• Haha
Reactions: DW4_2016 and dpic73
Do you even know what the definition of a coup is? Its the unlawful removal of a lawfully elected government. Thats what they did with the two impeachments. They lied and fabricated charges. You had a sitting member of congress write out a bullshit transcript of a call that Adam Shitt and his staff wrote and read it into the record as evidence. The star witness stated Trump didnt ask for a favor but was asked if he thought Trump really wanted one. He said yes and that was grounds? Dont really care what they thought. What was the evidence? None. All you said is "well some people THOUGHT he did".. It was clear this was a shame and lie and yet they went with it. So it was unlawful thus a coup attempt. When you know something isnt true but try to use it any way thats not lawful. Also see Russiagate. Also see when the leftist mob breached the White House in an attempt to get Trump on May 29 2020 and set Washington on fire as if the British were there again. Dont want to hear a fukin thing from you if your just going to be partisan. I say arrest them all no matter the party...
Jeez, you are so damn pliable that you'll literally believe anything.

Sondland testified, however, that the White House declined to invite Zelenskiy to meet with Trump in Washington in order to pressure the Ukrainian president to announce the investigations Trump wanted.

Sondland said that “everyone was in the loop” at the highest levels of the Trump administration about the pressure campaign.

Sondland said he gradually came to believe that the White House was holding back the $391 million in security aid to pressure Ukraine.

Trump’s acting chief of staff, Mick Mulvaney, acknowledged that White House withheld the money in order to push Ukraine to investigate the 2016 election, although he later reversed those comments.

Trump has acknowledged that he held up the military aid, saying he wanted to encourage the country to tackle corruption in a broad sense. Transparency International, a non-governmental organization, ranked Ukraine in the top third of the most corrupt countries in a global index.

Trump did not address corruption in his July call with Zelenskiy and he did not bring it up the first time the two men spoke shortly after Zelenskiy was elected in April, records from both calls show.

Trump ultimately released the money on Sept. 11, after news of the freeze became public.

Reactions: ctcseb
@scotchtiger - this is what I meant yesterday. A small but vocal minority of trump supporters are full-on team Russia. Like this guy..
Who are these Trump supporters that support Russia? I would like to question them...Most people to the right of a socialist hate communist and socialist. So not understanding why they would support Russia???

@scotchtiger - this is what I meant yesterday. A small but vocal minority of trump supporters are full-on team Russia. Like this guy..
I work with Russians daily and they are good people.
Putin is a bad dude. That doesn’t mean all Russians are bad people.
Just as many Americans think Joe Biden is a bumbling idiot and don’t support him or his incompetence.

Zelensky is a corrupt midget.

• Haha
Be nice to my little pony. Its having a hard time these days trying to defend Pedohitler and scared Trump might be Potus if pubs win the midterms and be Potus for 10 years. I can see poor dpic now....
no-nooo.gif

Trump might be Potus if pubs win the midterms and be Potus for 10 years

The fact that you guys actually want this, for your lord and savior trump to be installed as a dictator, is truly frightening. Holy shit, how did we come to this in America?

It's no wonder you are always slobbing Putin's knob. What a bunch of sheep.

Dude I want some of the drugs you are on…. 😂

Reactions: DW4_2016 and dpic73
Trump might be Potus if pubs win the midterms and be Potus for 10 years

The fact that you guys actually want this, for your lord and savior trump to be installed as a dictator, is truly frightening. Holy shit, how did we come to this in America?

It's no wonder you are always slobbing Putin's knob. What a bunch of sheep.
You cant find any post of me praising Putin Jerseyboy... Project on

Dude I want some of the drugs you are on…. 😂
Like I said your a partisan and dont give a crap about the law. 2023 is going to be a new year and a new world after the midterms. Enjoy the last couple months with all the power...

• Haha
Reactions: dpic73
Like I said your a partisan and dont give a crap about the law. 2023 is going to be a new year and a new world after the midterms. Enjoy the last couple months with all the power...
Herschel and Margie Three Toes gon fix Amerikkka! 😅

• Sad
Lol, I have dozens of posts where I lambast both right and left. I cannot stand the entitlement mindset of the liberals, the constant cries of victimhood and the downright idiocy of identity politics. The concept that the color of your skin matters more than one’s work ethic to define one’s success bugs the crap out me.

As a Republican, I just couldn’t follow along when the right adopted not only the victim complex (you guys sound like snowflakes), but the “alternate facts” BS and turning everything into a zero sum game. Someone has to win and someone has to lose, and since you don’t want to lose, you guys have to self justify evil actions and lies. Zero values and principles, the fact that people who claim to have integrity and honesty are lying sn cheating makes me want to vomit. I expect it from the dreamers on the left, didn’t see it coming from who I thought were the adults in the room.

I am a never Trumper who won’t stop calling out that you fake Republicans are destroying the party and country.

Last edited:
Herschel and Margie Three Toes gon fix Amerikkka! 😅
They could never be in the KKK since one Herschel isnt white and MTG isnt a racist cracka like old Pedohitler and his racist wife, both of whom you support btw. Also you have to be a democrat to be in the KKK. They like to lynch pubs from trees. Do you still wear your sheets and do they have bacon stains on them???

You cant find any post of me praising Putin Jerseyboy... Project on

great. Wanting your dear leader installed as dictator in this country is much, much worse. Your hero worship for that guy is unbelievably pathetic.

Lol, I have dozens of posts where I lambast both right and left. I cannot stand the entitlement mindset of the liberals, the constant cries of victimhood and the downright idiocy of identity politics. The concept that the color of your skin matters more than one’s work ethic to define one’s success bugs the crap out me.

As a Republican, I just couldn’t follow along when the right adopted not only the victim complex (you guys sound like snowflakes), but the “alternate facts” BS and turning everything into a zero sum game. Someone has to win and someone has to lose, and since you don’t want to lose, you guys have to self justify evil actions and lies. Zero values and principles, the fact that people who claim to have integrity and honesty are lying sn cheating makes me want to vomit. I expect it from the dreamers on the left, didn’t see it coming from who I thought were the adults in the room.

I am a never Trumper who won’t stop calling out that you fake Republicans are destroying the party and country.
No such thing as “alternate facts” just "alternate opinions". I also call out both but I cant stand double standards. Country cant go on that way. But continue following the ruling class crew that lied and got us in Iraq and are now trying to get us into Ukraine. Just keep supporting sending the common class to war to die so the ruling class can get richer. I want populist running on both sides. I dont care if I dont agree with them. I dont agree with Jimmy Dore on much except on this issue. Its ruling class vs commons. Support the establishment dems or pubs you support the ruling class. Support MTG,AOC,Bernie,Paul, Gabbard and Trump you are on the populist side. Its really not about pub vs dem in the end....

Reactions: TigerGrowls
They could never be in the KKK since one Herschel isnt white and MTG isnt a racist cracka like old Pedohitler and his racist wife, both of whom you support btw. Also you have to be a democrat to be in the KKK. They like to lynch pubs from trees. Do you still wear your sheets and do they have bacon stains on them???
sometimes i wonder how you remember to tie your shoes in the morning

Reactions: dpic73
Would love to poll current KKK members on their political affiliation.

ADVERTISEMENT