ADVERTISEMENT

CDC says fully vaccinated people can stop wearing masks indoors and outdoors

Jtyler

The Jack Dunlap Club
Gold Member
Jan 25, 2003
Wouldn't this apply to football??

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention announced Thursday that people who are fully vaccinated against Covid-19 no longer need to wear masks or physically distance — whether indoors or outdoors in most circumstances.

"We have all longed for this moment when we can get back to some sense of normalcy," CDC Director Dr. Rochelle Walensky said during a media briefing Thursday afternoon.

"Based on the continuing downward trajectory of cases, the scientific data on the performance of our vaccines, and our understanding of how the virus spreads," Walensky said, "that moment has come for those who are fully vaccinated."

giphy.gif

Sick bro! What happened to that theory that the government was gonna make us wear masks forever and it was all just a power grab?
Just wait the vaccine ID cards are coming. Right coop# ?
there's no centralized proof of vaccination, so it probably has no impact on encouraging people to get vaccinated

Reactions: Cocks are Number 1
there's no centralized proof of vaccination, so it probably has no impact on encouraging people to get vaccinated
Those who've had Covid-19 or been vaccinated should have sufficient protection to stave off the most severe reactions. Anyone who wants a vaccine can get one. The maskless approach shifts the responsibility and risk to the individual not not the collective. I live in Midtown Atlanta and the Mayor needs to repeal the mask ordinance immediately. (Until vaccines were available, the ordinance in a congested urban environment made sense.) We'll see how well science is followed.

Thanks @Jtyler for posting this. People were growing tired of my mask and Covid posts.

Today is a huge day because the left leaning scientists in bureaucracy and the Whitehouse followed reason and science rather than continuing a message of fear and uncertainty.

I’m glad to have won them over to the side of reason and science and data. It’s going to take a while to convert over that are stuck in their fears. But I suspect we are on a fast track now to returning to normal lives.

These no masks needed statements are received better by some when it’s Fauci or the CDC saying it versus others that have known this science to be true for a while. Regardless, It’s a happy day for sure and I’m just glad to be getting our lives back.

Last edited:
Thanks @Jtyler for posting this. People were growing tired of my mask and Covid posts.

Today is a huge day because the left leaning scientists in bureaucracy and the Whitehouse followed reason and science rather than continuing a message of fear and uncertainty.

I’m glad to have won them over to the side of reason and science and data. It’s going to take a while to convert over that are stuck in their fears. But I suspect we are on a fast track now to returning to normal lives.

These no masks needed statements are received better by some when it’s Fauci or the CDC saying it versus others that have known this science to be true for a while. Regardless, It’s a happy day for sure and I’m just glad to be getting our lives back.
Really man...

Still not sure what the vaccine does

...that being previously infected didn’t accomplish.

Honest ? I tested positive for antibodies after learning of exposure in my circle....had no noticeable symptoms. What would be different this time around?

My wife got the shot. I have not. Not opposed just not sure if it’s really necessary.

Reactions: Cocks are Number 1
I think some of the hope is this will incentivize people to get vaccinated. We also are seeing how effective and safe the vaccines are. This is a really important day for America.
Those folks that die from the vaccine have no dog in this hunt any longer....or why they died. Hell of a fvcking way to go with barely in anyone's thoughts in these times.

Glad the science changed. The director of the CDC said two weeks ago she wouldn’t let her son go to summer camp without wearing a mask outside.
Seemed to me like it was a very crappy couple of weeks with (1) Colonial Pipeline issue, (2) bad jobs report, (3) the spectre of massive inflation, (4) possible war in Jerusalem and (5) a larger groundswell of anger and resentment for continued Covid policies that don’t match the science or reward the vaccinated.

A very convenient time to say Mission Accomplished.

Seemed to me like it was a very crappy couple of weeks with (1) Colonial Pipeline issue, (2) bad jobs report, (3) the spectre of massive inflation, (4) possible war in Jerusalem and (5) a larger groundswell of anger and resentment for continued Covid policies that don’t match the science or reward the vaccinated.

A very convenient time to say Mission Accomplished.
Agree completely. With all the other disasters, many caused by their inept policies, they decided to try to change the narrative and put out some “good news” as a distraction.

CDC seems to be following politicians more than science these days.
Have been from the beginning. There is simply no way their recommendations were based on science. You don't go from recommending wearing masks, to not wearing masks, back to wearing masks as well as changing distance guidelines if you are basing those recommendations on actual scientific study/experimentation. It is simply impossible.
I think the cdc is a good agency overall and provides a necessary service, but they have damaged their credibility to a large degree with this virus. They should have just told the truth from the beginning and said that they did not have enough info to be certain what to do, but were recommending what they thought was best at the time, and that changes to their guidelines may come as they get more info. In fairness to them, I don't think the "follow the science" phrase came from them. Anyone that thought there was actual science behind their guidelines after the first few months, either never took a science class, has a low IQ, or just believes whatever some people tell them even if they should know better. Every time I heard someone say they were "following the science" I knew they were either stupid or lying and had zero credibility.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT