ADVERTISEMENT

CFB, NIL, the portal, worse than I thought

Woody1405

Valles Marineris
Gold Member
Jan 16, 2016
I have mentioned a book I am reading on here a couple of times. “The Price” is the story of the NCAA’s total incompetence regarding the lawsuit that forever changed college football and the resulting chaos. Coaches now are bombarded with pleas for more money by players and agents alike. Cooperatives are conspiring with coaching staffs to learn who they want from the portal followed by agents convincing players to get in the portal to allow the agent to negotiate an offer from a different school. QBs are being offered 1.5 million on average and up to 8 million, or in one case 13 million to enroll in various schools. On average the SEC and Big Ten schools have the most NIL money.

The days of us finding and keeping a DW4 or Trevor based on relationships are over and are not coming back. Because of the strength of the atmosphere which Dabo has created, we can remain somewhat competitive but not at the level we have seen in the past. I fear that the new CFB world, in which a coach has to run off scholarship players in order to reload talent is not a world that Dabo will choose to inhabit.

• Sad
Reactions: ChicagoTiger85
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.