ADVERTISEMENT

Chance of another mandatory lockdown in SC at 100%???

My cousin in law's old high school buddy was a high school football coach and teacher in New Jersey. , 42 years old , and very fit. Died in four days after becoming symptomatic. If I was guaranteed to live, I would ask to get it now. But there are no guarantees. You need to give thanks to the Good Lord and write a letter to trump, asking why he disbanded the Bush--Obama pandemic team.
Sorry to hear about your cousin-in-law’s high school buddy...that’s sad, however, it isn’t the norm...far from it actually...the vast majority of fit 40-somethings aren’t dropping in their tracks from this...
And yes, I thank the good Lord everyday for all the blessings He has bestowed upon me.

Reactions: purenonsense
Post the link to the article of him passing away because I’m sure there is one if that is the case. I would seriously like to read it.

Where’s the link @purenonsense ?

If a super fit 42-year-old died from Covid it will be somewhere in the paper or on TV. Where is the link?

You should really get some updated talking points. The whole pandemic team being disbanded freak out ended a few months back.. It was a better sound bite than a actual issue.

https://www.reuters.com/article/uk-...-pandemic-response-team-in-2018-idUSKBN21C32M
Boy , talk about tersing words and straining the language. Is that the best look the Trump Administration can put on it ? lol..Do you have a copy of the Obama Playbook that Mitch denied existed at first , but then confirmed ? I would love to see it. Anything would have helped. Maybe we should get the Obama Playbook, just for fun and farts. Probably would be more relevant that Hillary's emails. But Trump knew all along it was a pandemic ,( he just didn't tell anyone. Right ?)

If she crab soup is served, then sherry MUST be made available as an option. No two ways around that. Where is this Ellas? Is it any good ? This alone does not bode well.
Calabash.
Cris just ate there.
It's good. Classic Fried Calabash Seafood.

I mean.......no table cloths and mater deer ......so no Sherry.
Again.
I made do, but I cannot understand that omittance either.

LOLOLOL. Go look at New York's curve (https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2020/us/new-york-coronavirus-cases.html) and then go look at South Carolina's (https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2020/us/south-carolina-coronavirus-cases.html). Which one appears to be more successful in defeating the virus?

Oh sorry I forgot, you don't believe in numbers.

NY was an absolute shit show from the beginning...let’s compare death rates on the states...

hahaha defending NY

Yep, but the other side is exactly the same. All the conservatives saying how all life is sacred (pro-lifers) but are more than willing to let old and unhealthy die to get the economy rolling.
The virus is gonna take who it takes. Social distancing just slows that down. Get the fvck out of here with your bullshit.

Reactions: tigergrad03
The virus is gonna take who it takes. Social distancing just slows that down. Get the fvck out of here with your bullshit.

Is that you Donald Trump? I've been nothing but polite in this thread, and here you are acting like your Lord and Savior? Is that how your mom taught you to behave? Is that what you learned in church?

No. There are two ways to defeat a virus when there is no vaccine. One is social distancing and flattening the curve to prevent the medical system from being overwhelmed. HOWEVER, everyone doesn't have to get infected. When a majority of people have been infected 50-65% and you are practicing social distancing the virus runs out of people to infect. As people stop being contagious through recovery or death, the virus stops infecting new people. Everyone DOES NOT have to get it. The second way is to act early and fast. You isolate the infected and test everyone they've been in contact with. Isolate the infected and rinse and repeat. That didn't happen here, b/c we got too far behind to quickly with shutting things down and the lack of tests.

Bottom line is that everyone DOES NOT have to get infected. Even opening the economy back up and practicing social distancing can work.

Is that you Donald Trump? I've been nothing but polite in this thread, and here you are acting like your Lord and Savior? Is that how your mom taught you to behave? Is that what you learned in church?

No. There are two ways to defeat a virus when there is no vaccine. One is social distancing and flattening the curve to prevent the medical system from being overwhelmed. HOWEVER, everyone doesn't have to get infected. When a majority of people have been infected 50-65% and you are practicing social distancing the virus runs out of people to infect. As people stop being contagious through recovery or death, the virus stops infecting new people. Everyone DOES NOT have to get it. The second way is to act early and fast. You isolate the infected and test everyone they've been in contact with. Isolate the infected and rinse and repeat. That didn't happen here, b/c we got too far behind to quickly with shutting things down and the lack of tests.

Bottom line is that everyone DOES NOT have to get infected. Even opening the economy back up and practicing social distancing can work.
^^^*Stupid shit didn’t read. lol

NY was an absolute shit show from the beginning...let’s compare death rates on the states...

hahaha defending NY

really? Weren’t you on this very message board in March bragging about how your wife was booking cheap trips to NYC? That sounds libel to me. Shame.

Just look at that those two graphs and tell me who is handling this better.

The fact that you are a moderator on this site is ridiculous.

Boy , talk about tersing words and straining the language. Is that the best look the Trump Administration can put on it ? lol..Do you have a copy of the Obama Playbook that Mitch denied existed at first , but then confirmed ? I would love to see it. Anything would have helped. Maybe we should get the Obama Playbook, just for fun and farts. Probably would be more relevant that Hillary's emails. But Trump knew all along it was a pandemic ,( he just didn't tell anyone. Right ?)

Not going down your tangent. You wanted to throw up the "Trump disbanding pandemic team" as a big thing. Well it's not as simple as your talking point would seem.

Reactions: BigTimeTiger
LOLOLOL. Go look at New York's curve (https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2020/us/new-york-coronavirus-cases.html) and then go look at South Carolina's (https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2020/us/south-carolina-coronavirus-cases.html). Which one appears to be more successful in defeating the virus?

Oh sorry I forgot, you don't believe in numbers.
It because we never started the curve. We had very few cases and closed everything down for no reason. Now you see the curve starting. SC was praised for it efforts, but it could very well ended being completely ass backwards.

really? Weren’t you on this very message board in March bragging about how your wife was booking cheap trips to NYC? That sounds libel to me. Shame.

my wife doesn’t really book trips to NY...please show me where I’ve said that. She’s booked maybe two trips a year topsto NY in her years as an agent. And she doesn’t do “cheap trips!” Not her thing...she’d prefer not to do cheap trips because cheap people and cheap vacations are too much work and very little compensation.

You defending NY in the beginning of this is ridiculous. You’re a keyboard warrior who hides behind a handle.

If you think NY handled corona correctly youre ridiculous. I still have people today calling from NY and New Jersey begging for PPE and willing to pay stupid amounts for it. You really wanna have a conversation about it I’ll gladly give you my number, share emails, share conversations. And share real life facts from non-bias sources showing where people from NY are still not taken care of.

I could sell as much PPE for double what I do to my customers in NY I wanted to. That place is still a shit show. I know nursing home owners buying gloves and pretending they are going into healthcare community and had them on the internet trying to sell them to public for double before they would put down deposit. NY doesn’t give two shits about Corona...they made their money early, politicians didn’t take it serious, and now they want a pat on the back because it’s slowed down

I’ve watched every state, been on calls with every organization, and NY is a damn embarrassment

Not going down your tangent. You wanted to throw up the "Trump disbanding pandemic team" as a big thing. Well it's not as simple as your talking point would seem.
Not a talking point. It is a fact. He disbanded the pandemic team that had received high praise by experts. You are dealing in semantics. Whether it was the "entire " pandemic team or just the unit that dealt in global health and pandemic preparation, it remains my conclusion that this president had no global awareness and was poorly prepared for this pandemic. He just sat there on his fat impeached ass and watched it travel around the globe, laughing at the great hoax all the way till it bit us all right on the ass. .

Not a talking point. It is a fact. He disbanded the pandemic team that had received high praise by experts. You are dealing in semantics. Whether it was the "entire " pandemic team or just the unit that dealt in global health and pandemic preparation, it remains my conclusion that this president had no global awareness and was poorly prepared for this pandemic. He just sat there on his fat impeached ass and watched it travel around the globe, laughing at the great hoax all the way till it bit us all right on the ass. .

that makes absolutely no since. your narrative is not reality.

"high praise by experts"

that nearly made me spill my my milk.

that's probably professors you know that probably believe in "white privilege"

that makes absolutely no since. your narrative is not reality.

"high praise by experts"

that nearly made me spill my my milk.

that's probably professors you know that probably believe in "white privilege"
Are you posting this from Tulsa?

Cuomo and De Blasio have been horrible.

Remember trump's handling of this is only as good as the governors, mayors, and reps under him.
trump made a fool of himself daily on tv,, for everyone to see, in his Covid briefings Congress had no sense of direction and made costly mistakes in it multi trillion dollar plan that was designed and constructed in about four or five working days. People don't soon forget that. It will cost him the election.

trump made a fool of himself daily on tv,, for everyone to see, in his Covid briefings Congress had no sense of direction and made costly mistakes in it multi trillion dollar plan that was designed and constructed in about four or five working days. People don't soon forget that. It will cost him the election.

congress has had no sense of direction with or without trump.

again- this is the first time something of this magnitude since what 1918?

im sure Hillary would have done better.

just imagine we could have had Hillary at the helm.

Reactions: tigergrad03

nah

just think that is silly

the president can hire and fire anyone that works for him

why get pissed at him for staff changes.

thats his business

did you lose a job or have a friend lose a job?

trumps fault?

It could be, I guess, just another example of Trumps incompetency , short sightedness, and ignorance of global health. So in that way , maybe it is not a big thing. But it relates to Covid and was done by his own making. Not a good look by any standard and probably a bigger thing than you think it is.

It could be, I guess, just another example of Trumps incompetency , short sightedness, and ignorance of global health. So in that way , maybe it is not a big thing. But it relates to Covid and was done by his own making. Not a good look by any standard and probably a bigger thing than you think it is.

again

your attack of trump is pure nonsense lol

Reactions: TigerGrowls
congress has had no sense of direction with or without trump.

again- this is the first time something of this magnitude since what 1918?

im sure Hillary would have done better.

just imagine we could have had Hillary at the helm.
I agree that this magnitude is too big for Trump to handle, especially without the pandemic team that he had ran out the door two years earlier, all the while bragging about what a great business decision he had made at the time. . As for Hypothetical Hillary, i don't think she would have disbanded the pandemic team. And , hell, she couldn't have done any worse at this point. But no time now to play the what if game. Our country is in too much of a mess.

I agree that this magnitude is too big for Trump to handle, especially without the pandemic team that he had ran out the door two years earlier, all the while bragging about what a great business decision he had made at the time. . As for Hypothetical Hillary, i don't think she would have disbanded the pandemic team. And , hell, she couldn't have done any worse at this point. But no time now to play the what if game. Our country is in too much of a mess.

what do you mean mess?

I think things are going great.

I mean no college football sucks.

but that's because of a virus

don't think trump had anything to do with releasing the virus

very first thing he did was shut down flights from china

and you called him a bigot and racist.

at least acknowledge that you were wrong to call him a racist and bigot for shutting down flights from china.

should he not have shut down flights from china?

is Canada still closed to americans fleeing liberal cities?

americans are starting to move their homes and businesses from downtown liberally controlled cities.

incentives are being made now to move many to south carolina

think about Hillary just from an energy independence standpoint

how freaking high would gas have been at the beginning if we were not energy independent.

at least being energy independent is something trump did you agree with right?

Lol at John Hugh making a fool of another handle

South Carolina didn’t get everyone in the state infected at once. Stupid liberals were encouraged to go out to a Broadway Show by the liberal mayor!! That’s like being told to go on a two hour plane ride with 3000 people and everyone is laughing, screaming, yelling and clapping half the time!! What a liberal dunce! Seriously, how can you defend stupidity like that?!

@purenonsense So where is this article or link to the extremely fit 42-year-old who died of Covid? My guess is you are lying and full of shit.

my wife doesn’t really book trips to NY...please show me where I’ve said that. She’s booked maybe two trips a year topsto NY in her years as an agent. And she doesn’t do “cheap trips!” Not her thing...she’d prefer not to do cheap trips because cheap people and cheap vacations are too much work and very little compensation.

You defending NY in the beginning of this is ridiculous. You’re a keyboard warrior who hides behind a handle.

If you think NY handled corona correctly youre ridiculous. I still have people today calling from NY and New Jersey begging for PPE and willing to pay stupid amounts for it. You really wanna have a conversation about it I’ll gladly give you my number, share emails, share conversations. And share real life facts from non-bias sources showing where people from NY are still not taken care of.

I could sell as much PPE for double what I do to my customers in NY I wanted to. That place is still a shit show. I know nursing home owners buying gloves and pretending they are going into healthcare community and had them on the internet trying to sell them to public for double before they would put down deposit. NY doesn’t give two shits about Corona...they made their money early, politicians didn’t take it serious, and now they want a pat on the back because it’s slowed down

I’ve watched every state, been on calls with every organization, and NY is a damn embarrassment
New York City and Jersey are the perfect breeding ground for this virus. High population and everyone on top of each other. High use of public transportation. People visiting from all over the world. It’s pretty easy to MOnday morning quarterback their response. There are all always people who take advantage of a bad situation for personal gain. That happens everywhere.

New York City and Jersey are the perfect breeding ground for this virus. High population and everyone on top of each other. High use of public transportation. People visiting from all over the world. It’s pretty easy to MOnday morning quarterback their response. There are all always people who take advantage of a bad situation for personal gain. That happens everywhere.

so in the beginning when Pelosi and the rest of the politicians were in NY stating to continue on with business as usual, refused to shut down, Fauci saying no one needed a mask and then NY has a crazy outbreak and handles it horribly by not utilizing emergency hospitals and forcing skilled facilities to take patients was not reckless and careless? Ummmm K...NY is trying to save face and because they are hitting the downward side of this...probably a lot to do with herd immunity honestly because everyone has likely been exposed because of how horrible it was handled initially, they get a pass? Give me a break...NY was a shit show and if you go back and watch their arrogance in the beginning and now changing their tune and wanna celebrate how good they are doing is a joke

Last edited:
so in the beginning when Pelosi and the rest of the politicians were in NY stating to continue on with business as usual, refused to shut down, Fauci saying no one needed a mask and then NY has a crazy outbreak and handles it horribly by not utilizing emergency hospitals and forcing skilled facilities to take patients was not reckless and careless? Ummmm K...NY is trying to save face and because they are hitting the downward sideways...probably a lot to do with herd immunity honestly because everyone has likely been exposed because of how horrible it was handled initially, they get a pass? Give me a break...NY was a shit show and if you go back and watch their arrogance in the beginning and now changing their tune and wanna celebrate how good they are doing is a joke
Why are you so mad?

Why are you so mad?

not mad at all just stating the facts. They are all out there for everyone if people would just do a little research. It’s amazing people still want to shut down the country and force people to wear a mask when the likelihood of it killing you is slim. This country has gotten to be so damn scared of everything. It’s almost comical.

No he's actually got it right. I just says a lot about him, what he got out of it. A normal mask will absolutely NOT protect you from getting Covid. However, they are effective from stopping YOU from giving Covid to other folks. Since it doesn't protect HIM, it's useless. He doesn't give a rat's ass about him infecting others. THAT'S the bottom line... and you wonder why our President doesn't wear one.

Our POTUS took a preventive cycle on hydroxichloroquine and zinc which actually works. The media going so hard after this is part of an agenda with the biggest reason being big pharma can't make huge profits off it and secondly media will attack anything Trump says. The zinc is what kills the virus as the hydroxi helps it get into your cells quicker and more efficiently. Oh well.......

Reactions: nmerritt11
so in the beginning when Pelosi and the rest of the politicians were in NY stating to continue on with business as usual, refused to shut down, Fauci saying no one needed a mask and then NY has a crazy outbreak and handles it horribly by not utilizing emergency hospitals and forcing skilled facilities to take patients was not reckless and careless? Ummmm K...NY is trying to save face and because they are hitting the downward side of this...probably a lot to do with herd immunity honestly because everyone has likely been exposed because of how horrible it was handled initially, they get a pass? Give me a break...NY was a shit show and if you go back and watch their arrogance in the beginning and now changing their tune and wanna celebrate how good they are doing is a joke
I've disagreed with most of your posts about COVID, but I'm with you on this one. It's true that NY was dealt an extremely tough hand, but to defend their handling the situation is asinine, especially the initial reaction.

not mad at all just stating the facts. They are all out there for everyone if people would just do a little research. It’s amazing people still want to shut down the country and force people to wear a mask when the likelihood of it killing you is slim. This country has gotten to be so damn scared of everything. It’s almost comical.
We don't want the country shut down, which is why we're encouraging others to wear masks. It's not that difficult to understand. Either Asians have some sort of genetic immunity to the disease or masks work.

We don't want the country shut down, which is why we're encouraging others to wear masks. It's not that difficult to understand. Either Asians have some sort of genetic immunity to the disease or masks work.

The country is not going to shut down again. People might as well stop staying that.

ADVERTISEMENT