ADVERTISEMENT

Chinese "defector" exposes China lies from early Covid spread

TigerCaper

The Mariana Trench
Gold Member
Apr 1, 2019
Wouldn’t have mattered. Trump would have ignored
Keep on believing the lies by the media and liberals. This is a Fact Check.

Former Vice President Joe Biden was wrong when he said that the Trump administration made no effort to get U.S. medical experts into China as the novel coronavirus epidemic spread there early this year.

“[W]hen we were talking … early on in this crisis, we said — I said, among others, that, you know, you should get into China, get our experts there, we have the best in the world, get them in so we know what’s actually happening,” Biden, the front-runner for the Democratic presidential nomination, said at a CNN virtual town hall on March 27. “There was no effort to do that.”

Except that isn’t the case.

The U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention tried to get into China just one week after China reported the outbreak to the World Health Organization on Dec. 31, 2019.

“On January 6, we offered to send a CDC team to China that could assist with these public health efforts,” Health and Human Services Secretary Alex Azar said at a Jan. 28 press conference. “I reiterated that offer when I spoke to China’s Minister of Health on Monday, and it was reiterated again via the World Health Organization today. We are urging China: More cooperation and transparency are the most important steps you can take toward a more effective response.”

More than a week later, Azar said again at a Feb. 7 press conference that “our longstanding offer to send world-class experts to China to assist remains on the table.”

At the time, the New York Times reported, “Normally, teams from the agency’s Epidemic Intelligence Service can be in the air within 24 hours.”

The Biden campaign did not respond to our requests for comment

Perhaps. He has certainly bumbled terribly on his response in my opinion and has been quite naive in apparently believing China early on.

The fact remains, however, that if this Dr. is truthful then the CCP knew for weeks the virus was communicable, lied about it, and purposely allowed it to be dispersed worldwide. Recall that the CCP (and WHO) complained bitterly about even our feeble attempts to limit some incoming visitors from China in late January.

Perhaps. He has certainly bumbled terribly on his response in my opinion and has been quite naive in apparently believing China early on.

The fact remains, however, that if this Dr. is truthful then the CCP knew for weeks the virus was communicable, lied about it, and purposely allowed it to be dispersed worldwide. Recall that the CCP (and WHO) complained bitterly about even our feeble attempts to limit some incoming visitors from China in late January.

Haters gonna hate.

I suspect we all knew this was the case, but this is first-hand, direct evidence of lies by the CCP early on and to a lesser degree WHO complicity. The video is quite powerful. Oh how things could have gone differently if the truth had been told the first week of January.

Brave, brave doctor.

https://www.foxnews.com/world/chinese-virologist-coronavirus-cover-up-flee-hong-kong-whistleblower
The other shoe has not yet fallen, but I suspect it will. Here, a prominent scientist notes fear that her article raising the possibility the virus arose from a leak from the Wuhan lab would be career suicide. How in the world did we get in a position that a US based scientist is fearful that putting forth a hypothesis (in my mind by far the most plausible hypothesis) as to the origin of a worldwide, cataclysmic virus could cause career suicide?

Reactions: scartiger
MSM has done a number on our free thinking society, most notably, pushing this dipshit narrative.

After people sinking their teeth into Muh Russia, I thought discovering they had been lied to would have lead to more folks questioning what they're being fed. It appears their hatred of trump has destroyed their cognitive ability to analyze situations as more than black and white.

I feel sorry for folks like you. I truly do.

MSM has done a number on our free thinking society, most notably, pushing this dipshit narrative.

After people sinking their teeth into Muh Russia, I thought discovering they had been lied to would have lead to more folks questioning what they're being fed. It appears their hatred of trump has destroyed their cognitive ability to analyze situations as more than black and white.

Yep, two things can be true. IMO, Trump has been abysmal in his handling of the matter and has largely been taken to the cleaners by China's lying and duplicity. But it also proves his instincts on trade with China were correct and in fact IMO he did not go far enough.

The CCP, on the other hand has been revealed as clearly malevolent and perhaps evil. IMO, every facet of our foreign policy should be realigned to deal with this very real, serious threat. I feel sorry for the Chinese people, they appear to be smart, industrious, brave and kind. The CCP does not deserve the Chinese people and vice versa.

Former Vice President Joe Biden was wrong when he said that the Trump administration made no effort to get U.S. medical experts into China as the novel coronavirus epidemic spread there early this year.

“[W]hen we were talking … early on in this crisis, we said — I said, among others, that, you know, you should get into China, get our experts there, we have the best in the world, get them in so we know what’s actually happening,” Biden, the front-runner for the Democratic presidential nomination, said at a CNN virtual town hall on March 27. “There was no effort to do that.”

The U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention tried to get into China just one week after China reported the outbreak to the World Health Organization on Dec. 31, 2019.

“On January 6, we offered to send a CDC team to China that could assist with these public health efforts,” Health and Human Services Secretary Alex Azar said at a Jan. 28 press conference. “I reiterated that offer when I spoke to China’s Minister of Health on Monday, and it was reiterated again via the World Health Organization today. We are urging China: More cooperation and transparency are the most important steps you can take toward a more effective response.”

More than a week later, Azar said again at a Feb. 7 press conference that “our longstanding offer to send world-class experts to China to assist remains on the table.”

At the time, the New York Times reported, “Normally, teams from the agency’s Epidemic Intelligence Service can be in the air within 24 hours.”

I am not going to change your mind, but it is a fact that the CDC and the Trump admin fell asleep at the wheel on this. We have three doctors (two ER and a GP in the neighborhood that are all mad as hell at both of them. Two a big conservatives too.

Just calling a spade a spade.

The other shoe has not yet fallen, but I suspect it will. Here, a prominent scientist notes fear that her article raising the possibility the virus arose from a leak from the Wuhan lab would be career suicide. How in the world did we get in a position that a US based scientist is fearful that putting forth a hypothesis (in my mind by far the most plausible hypothesis) as to the origin of a worldwide, cataclysmic virus could cause career suicide?

Cancel culture. If you don’t goose step in line with the crazies they will come for you

I am not going to change your mind, but it is a fact that the CDC and the Trump admin fell asleep at the wheel on this. We have three doctors (two ER and a GP in the neighborhood that are all mad as hell at both of them. Two a big conservatives too.

And not just Trump. I want an inquisition as to why the vast majority of our leading scientific experts blindly believed the CCP and even to this day are largely backing them. They either sold out the American people are were ridiculously blind or ignorant. Is it simply their hatred of Trump blinding them (consciously or unconsciously), or are they in the pocket of the CCP? Why is even raising the possibility that the virus escaped from the Wuhan lab concerning as to career suicide? Why is it ridiculed when the mere fact that the Wuhan lab is there makes it quite plausible before even considering the other evidence?

Yep, two things can be true. IMO, Trump has been abysmal in his handling of the matter and has largely been taken to the cleaners by China's lying and duplicity. But it also proves his instincts on trade with China were correct and in fact IMO he did not go far enough.

The CCP, on the other hand has been revealed as clearly malevolent and perhaps evil. IMO, every facet of our foreign policy should be realigned to deal with this very real, serious threat. I feel sorry for the Chinese people, they appear to be smart, industrious, brave and kind. The CCP does not deserve the Chinese people and vice versa.
There’s no perhaps about it

Reactions: tigerworx

Believe me, he has his fair share of screw ups along the way. I'm just not dumb enough to allow revisionist historians to feed me a bullshit story about how he should have done x, y, and z based on limited information and lies he had at the time.

He made a bunch of boneheaded decisions. There's no escaping that reality. There's no escaping the reality that our leadership as a whole was putrid throughout this ordeal.

Lolololol. Posted totally unironically with regards to trump?!? Lolololol

An "offer" is not much of an "effort." "We can come over if you like." "No thanks." " Okay, then. Take care..."
"
China seems to be making tremendous progress. Their numbers are way down. … I think our relationship with China is very good. We just did a big trade deal. We’re starting on another trade deal with China — a very big one. And we’ve been working very closely. They’ve been talking to our people, we’ve been talking to their people, having to do with the virus.”

This is what Trump was saying about China as late as Feb. 29th. Trump screwed the pooch with this virus. And that is a fact.

Last edited:
No. I think it's special that you think people should tune out media sources that have lied while happily lapping up lie after lie from trump

I don't happily lap up shit from any elected official. They are all the scourge of mankind and are the worst people on the planet because we've allowed that to happen. I can't name one politician who I have any faith in to do what's right for Americans first before looking out for his/her/zhe/zit own self-interest. The MSM is the exact same way. They don't give a shit about Americans and only care about getting clicks and eyeballs.

I'm also not a complete fvcking moron who knows what Operation/Project Mockingbird is and know that our MSM has been a tool utilized by our intelligence agencies to cultivate narratives for decades now. Our politicians are willful players in this game too. If they want dumbass Americans, like yourself, to think a certain way, they'll make it happen.

Does Trump lie? Absolutely. Do I ever take what he says at face value? Hell no.

The terrifying part about this reality is that it's almost impossible to actually find the truth now a days.

I don't happily lap up shit from any elected official. They are all the scourge of mankind and are the worst people on the planet because we've allowed that to happen. I can't name one politician who I have any faith in to do what's right for Americans first before looking out for his/her/zhe/zit own self-interest. The MSM is the exact same way. They don't give a shit about Americans and only care about getting clicks and eyeballs.

I'm also not a complete fvcking moron who knows what Operation/Project Mockingbird is and know that our MSM has been a tool utilized by our intelligence agencies to cultivate narratives for decades now. Our politicians are willful players in this game too. If they want dumbass Americans, like yourself, to think a certain way, they'll make it happen.

Does Trump lie? Absolutely. Do I ever take what he says at face value? Hell no.

The terrifying part about this reality is that it's almost impossible to actually find the truth now a days.
This. You need to read a left wing American news source, a right wing American news source, and at least 2 foreign news sources to get a semblance of reality/truth. Then, you have to decipher what is said and not said from these multiple news sources, consider all their biases and marketing goals, read between the lines, and run it analytically through your brain and hope you reached the right answer.

I suspect we all knew this was the case, but this is first-hand, direct evidence of lies by the CCP early on and to a lesser degree WHO complicity. The video is quite powerful. Oh how things could have gone differently if the truth had been told the first week of January.

Brave, brave doctor.

https://www.foxnews.com/world/chinese-virologist-coronavirus-cover-up-flee-hong-kong-whistleblower

Seriously? Maybe I need to work on reading comprehension, but that "report" says nothing. Other than she "believes" a whole lot of maybe stuff. Hell, I can state crap that I suspect but that doesn't make it fact without more evidence.

It seems these days people read into news what they want it to say. So much bullshit from our government and from media. Obscuring facts, manipulation of the population, blaming the "others" for all that ails us, and offering scapegoats to the masses that feel their lives haven't turned out like they want and someone must be the blame......we're going to wakeup with a dictator or fascist government someday if we're not careful.

Seriously? Maybe I need to work on reading comprehension, but that "report" says nothing. Other than she "believes" a whole lot of maybe stuff. Hell, I can state crap that I suspect but that doesn't make it fact without more evidence.

It seems these days people read into news what they want it to say. So much bullshit from our government and from media. Obscuring facts, manipulation of the population, blaming the "others" for all that ails us, and offering scapegoats to the masses that feel their lives haven't turned out like they want and someone must be the blame......we're going to wakeup with a dictator or fascist government someday if we're not careful.
Plenty of first hand accounts by her. Did you watch her interview? Seemed specific and quite believable to me.

Why the quotes around “defector”? Is there some question whether this person is a real defector or not?
Can you be a defector in the sense we used that word back in USSR days? That is essentially what she is, but I have not seen that used yet with respect to persons departing China for the US in recent decades.

Reactions: ChicagoTiger85
Plenty of first hand accounts by her. Did you watch her interview? Seemed specific and quite believable to me.
She names names and shows text messages. These would be permissible evidence in a court of law, I believe.

Believe me, he has his fair share of screw ups along the way. I'm just not dumb enough to allow revisionist historians to feed me a bullshit story about how he should have done x, y, and z based on limited information and lies he had at the time.

He made a bunch of boneheaded decisions. There's no escaping that reality. There's no escaping the reality that our leadership as a whole was putrid throughout this ordeal.
Failure at every damn level. Left, right, govt, Media, and scientific community.

It’s maddening and frightening. If COVID had a 10%+ mortality rate we would all be facked.

Failure at every damn level. Left, right, govt, Media, and scientific community.

It’s maddening and frightening. If COVID had a 10%+ mortality rate we would all be facked.
This. I remember being furious in late January watching the flights depart Wuhan to the US daily. And then there was no checking or surveillance of incoming passengers. I was ranting daily then that they should all be forcibly quarantined for 3 weeks on military bases. I told my family and friends then a disaster was coming. They thought i was crazy until March. All you had to do was look at the CCP's actions to tell you how scared they were of the virus; not what they said, what they did. This is also why I believe it escaped from a lab; every action they have taken is consistent with a lab escape despite their words to the contrary. Even if you believed the CCP, it was still quite foreseeable what was coming but most governments worldwide apparently are not very smart and were full of hubris. Note that the countries closest to China such as SK, Japan, Taiwan, Vietnam, etc. were not so naive or stupid. Presumably, they know better what they are dealing with regarding the CCP.

*** :eek: *** My vote for potato post of the week, heck no, the month!!! "Momma used to say stupid is as stupid does." Another wise philosopher also said, "you can't fix stupid."

Reactions: tigergrad03

An "offer" is not much of an "effort." "We can come over if you like." "No thanks." " Okay, then. Take care..."
"
China seems to be making tremendous progress. Their numbers are way down. … I think our relationship with China is very good. We just did a big trade deal. We’re starting on another trade deal with China — a very big one. And we’ve been working very closely. They’ve been talking to our people, we’ve been talking to their people, having to do with the virus.”

This is what Trump was saying about China as late as Feb. 29th. Trump screwed the pooch with this virus. And that is a fact.

First off Donald Trump is perfect just like any other human being. Jesus was the only perfect human doesn't matter what Don Lemmon says. But here is some more facts. I'm just tired all of the BS that's being spewed from the liberals and media and it's being going on for a long time. First when Trump signed the banned coming into our country and second when the WHO said they still wouldn't stop traveling to other countries.

NOW, THEREFORE, I, DONALD J. TRUMP, President of the United States, by the authority vested in me by the Constitution and the laws of the United States of America, including sections 212(f) and 215(a) of the Immigration and Nationality Act (INA), 8 U.S.C. 1182(f) and 1185(a), and section 301 of title 3, United States Code, hereby find that the unrestricted entry into the United States of persons described in section 1 of this proclamation would, except as provided for in section 2 of this proclamation, be detrimental to the interests of the United States, and that their entry should be subject to certain restrictions, limitations, and exceptions. I therefore hereby proclaim the following:

Section 1. Suspension and Limitation on Entry. The entry into the United States, as immigrants or nonimmigrants, of all aliens who were physically present within the People’s Republic of China, excluding the Special Administrative Regions of Hong Kong and Macau, during the 14-day period preceding their entry or attempted entry into the United States is hereby suspended and limited subject to section 2 of this proclamation.

Sec. 2. Scope of Suspension and Limitation on Entry.

(a) Section 1 of this proclamation shall not apply to:

(i) any lawful permanent resident of the United States;

(ii) any alien who is the spouse of a U.S. citizen or lawful permanent resident;

(iii) any alien who is the parent or legal guardian of a U.S. citizen or lawful permanent resident, provided that the U.S. citizen or lawful permanent resident is unmarried and under the age of 21;

(iv) any alien who is the sibling of a U.S. citizen or lawful permanent resident, provided that both are unmarried and under the age of 21;

(v) any alien who is the child, foster child, or ward of a U.S. citizen or lawful permanent resident, or who is a prospective adoptee seeking to enter the United States pursuant to the IR-4 or IH-4 visa classifications;

(vi) any alien traveling at the invitation of the United States Government for a purpose related to containment or mitigation of the virus;

(vii) any alien traveling as a nonimmigrant under section 101(a)(15)(C) or (D) of the INA, 8 U.S.C. 1101(a)(15)(C) or (D), as a crewmember or any alien otherwise traveling to the United States as air or sea crew;

(viii) any alien seeking entry into or transiting the United States pursuant to an A-1, A-2, C-2, C-3 (as a foreign government official or immediate family member of an official), G-1, G-2, G-3, G-4, NATO-1 through NATO-4, or NATO-6 visa;

(ix) any alien whose entry would not pose a significant risk of introducing, transmitting, or spreading the virus, as determined by the CDC Director, or his designee;

(x) any alien whose entry would further important United States law enforcement objectives, as determined by the Secretary of State, the Secretary of Homeland Security, or their respective designees based on a recommendation of the Attorney General or his designee; or

(xi) any alien whose entry would be in the national interest, as determined by the Secretary of State, the Secretary of Homeland Security, or their designees.

(b) Nothing in this proclamation shall be construed to affect any individual’s eligibility for asylum, withholding of removal, or protection under the regulations issued pursuant to the legislation implementing the Convention Against Torture and Other Cruel, Inhuman or Degrading Treatment or Punishment, consistent with the laws and regulations of the United States.

Sec. 3. Implementation and Enforcement. (a) The Secretary of State shall implement this proclamation as it applies to visas pursuant to such procedures as the Secretary of State, in consultation with the Secretary of Homeland Security, may establish. The Secretary of Homeland Security shall implement this proclamation as it applies to the entry of aliens pursuant to such procedures as the Secretary of Homeland Security, in consultation with the Secretary of State, may establish.

(b) Consistent with applicable law, the Secretary of State, the Secretary of Transportation, and the Secretary of Homeland Security shall ensure that any alien subject to this proclamation does not board an aircraft traveling to the United States.

(c) The Secretary of Homeland Security may establish standards and procedures to ensure the application and implementation of this proclamation at United States seaports and in between all ports of entry.

(d) An alien who circumvents the application of this proclamation through fraud, willful misrepresentation of a material fact, or illegal entry shall be a priority for removal by the Department of Homeland Security.

Sec. 4. Orderly Medical Screening and Quarantine. The Secretary of Homeland Security shall take all necessary and appropriate steps to regulate the travel of persons and aircraft to the United States to facilitate the orderly medical screening and, where appropriate, quarantine of persons who enter the United States and who may have been exposed to the virus. Such steps may include directing air carriers to restrict and regulate the boarding of such passengers on flights to the United States.

Sec. 5. Termination. This proclamation shall remain in effect until terminated by the President. The Secretary of Health and Human Services shall, as circumstances warrant and no more than 15 days after the date of this order and every 15 days thereafter, recommend that the President continue, modify, or terminate this proclamation.

Sec. 6. Effective Date. This proclamation is effective at 5:00 p.m. eastern standard time on February 2, 2020.

Sec. 7. Severability. It is the policy of the United States to enforce this proclamation to the maximum extent possible to advance the national security, public safety, and foreign policy interests of the United States. Accordingly:

(a) if any provision of this proclamation, or the application of any provision to any person or circumstance, is held to be invalid, the remainder of this proclamation and the application of its provisions to any other persons or circumstances shall not be affected thereby; and

(b) if any provision of this proclamation, or the application of any provision to any person or circumstance, is held to be invalid because of the lack of certain procedural requirements, the relevant executive branch officials shall implement those procedural requirements to conform with existing law and with any applicable court orders.

Sec. 8. General Provisions. (a) Nothing in this proclamation shall be construed to impair or otherwise affect:

(i) the authority granted by law to an executive department or agency, or the head thereof; or

(ii) the functions of the Director of the Office of Management and Budget relating to budgetary, administrative, or legislative proposals.

(b) This proclamation shall be implemented consistent with applicable law and subject to the availability of appropriations.

(c) This proclamation is not intended to, and does not, create any right or benefit, substantive or procedural, enforceable at law or in equity by any party against the United States, its departments, agencies, or entities, its officers, employees, or agents, or any other person.

IN WITNESS WHEREOF, I have hereunto set my hand this thirty-first day of January, in the year of our Lord two thousand twenty, and of the Independence of the United States of America the two hundred and forty-fourth.

DONALD J. TRUMP

He signed on January 31st. Ok now from the WHO. Way to go Trump don't give them one more penny.

Feb. 4

At a WHO briefing, Tedros urged that there be no travel bans. "We reiterate our call to all countries not to impose restrictions that unnecessarily interfere with international travel and trade. Such restrictions can have the effect of increasing fear and stigma, with little public health benefit. ... Where such measures have been implemented, we urge that they are short in duration, proportionate to the public health risks and are reconsidered regularly as the situation evolves."

First off Donald Trump is perfect just like any other human being. Jesus was the only perfect human doesn't matter what Don Lemmon says. But here is some more facts. I'm just tired all of the BS that's being spewed from the liberals and media and it's being going on for a long time. First when Trump signed the banned coming into our country and second when the WHO said they still wouldn't stop traveling to other countries.

NOW, THEREFORE, I, DONALD J. TRUMP, President of the United States, by the authority vested in me by the Constitution and the laws of the United States of America, including sections 212(f) and 215(a) of the Immigration and Nationality Act (INA), 8 U.S.C. 1182(f) and 1185(a), and section 301 of title 3, United States Code, hereby find that the unrestricted entry into the United States of persons described in section 1 of this proclamation would, except as provided for in section 2 of this proclamation, be detrimental to the interests of the United States, and that their entry should be subject to certain restrictions, limitations, and exceptions. I therefore hereby proclaim the following:

Section 1. Suspension and Limitation on Entry. The entry into the United States, as immigrants or nonimmigrants, of all aliens who were physically present within the People’s Republic of China, excluding the Special Administrative Regions of Hong Kong and Macau, during the 14-day period preceding their entry or attempted entry into the United States is hereby suspended and limited subject to section 2 of this proclamation.

Sec. 2. Scope of Suspension and Limitation on Entry.

(a) Section 1 of this proclamation shall not apply to:

(i) any lawful permanent resident of the United States;

(ii) any alien who is the spouse of a U.S. citizen or lawful permanent resident;

(iii) any alien who is the parent or legal guardian of a U.S. citizen or lawful permanent resident, provided that the U.S. citizen or lawful permanent resident is unmarried and under the age of 21;

(iv) any alien who is the sibling of a U.S. citizen or lawful permanent resident, provided that both are unmarried and under the age of 21;

(v) any alien who is the child, foster child, or ward of a U.S. citizen or lawful permanent resident, or who is a prospective adoptee seeking to enter the United States pursuant to the IR-4 or IH-4 visa classifications;

(vi) any alien traveling at the invitation of the United States Government for a purpose related to containment or mitigation of the virus;

(vii) any alien traveling as a nonimmigrant under section 101(a)(15)(C) or (D) of the INA, 8 U.S.C. 1101(a)(15)(C) or (D), as a crewmember or any alien otherwise traveling to the United States as air or sea crew;

(viii) any alien seeking entry into or transiting the United States pursuant to an A-1, A-2, C-2, C-3 (as a foreign government official or immediate family member of an official), G-1, G-2, G-3, G-4, NATO-1 through NATO-4, or NATO-6 visa;

(ix) any alien whose entry would not pose a significant risk of introducing, transmitting, or spreading the virus, as determined by the CDC Director, or his designee;

(x) any alien whose entry would further important United States law enforcement objectives, as determined by the Secretary of State, the Secretary of Homeland Security, or their respective designees based on a recommendation of the Attorney General or his designee; or

(xi) any alien whose entry would be in the national interest, as determined by the Secretary of State, the Secretary of Homeland Security, or their designees.

(b) Nothing in this proclamation shall be construed to affect any individual’s eligibility for asylum, withholding of removal, or protection under the regulations issued pursuant to the legislation implementing the Convention Against Torture and Other Cruel, Inhuman or Degrading Treatment or Punishment, consistent with the laws and regulations of the United States.

Sec. 3. Implementation and Enforcement. (a) The Secretary of State shall implement this proclamation as it applies to visas pursuant to such procedures as the Secretary of State, in consultation with the Secretary of Homeland Security, may establish. The Secretary of Homeland Security shall implement this proclamation as it applies to the entry of aliens pursuant to such procedures as the Secretary of Homeland Security, in consultation with the Secretary of State, may establish.

(b) Consistent with applicable law, the Secretary of State, the Secretary of Transportation, and the Secretary of Homeland Security shall ensure that any alien subject to this proclamation does not board an aircraft traveling to the United States.

(c) The Secretary of Homeland Security may establish standards and procedures to ensure the application and implementation of this proclamation at United States seaports and in between all ports of entry.

(d) An alien who circumvents the application of this proclamation through fraud, willful misrepresentation of a material fact, or illegal entry shall be a priority for removal by the Department of Homeland Security.

Sec. 4. Orderly Medical Screening and Quarantine. The Secretary of Homeland Security shall take all necessary and appropriate steps to regulate the travel of persons and aircraft to the United States to facilitate the orderly medical screening and, where appropriate, quarantine of persons who enter the United States and who may have been exposed to the virus. Such steps may include directing air carriers to restrict and regulate the boarding of such passengers on flights to the United States.

Sec. 5. Termination. This proclamation shall remain in effect until terminated by the President. The Secretary of Health and Human Services shall, as circumstances warrant and no more than 15 days after the date of this order and every 15 days thereafter, recommend that the President continue, modify, or terminate this proclamation.

Sec. 6. Effective Date. This proclamation is effective at 5:00 p.m. eastern standard time on February 2, 2020.

Sec. 7. Severability. It is the policy of the United States to enforce this proclamation to the maximum extent possible to advance the national security, public safety, and foreign policy interests of the United States. Accordingly:

(a) if any provision of this proclamation, or the application of any provision to any person or circumstance, is held to be invalid, the remainder of this proclamation and the application of its provisions to any other persons or circumstances shall not be affected thereby; and

(b) if any provision of this proclamation, or the application of any provision to any person or circumstance, is held to be invalid because of the lack of certain procedural requirements, the relevant executive branch officials shall implement those procedural requirements to conform with existing law and with any applicable court orders.

Sec. 8. General Provisions. (a) Nothing in this proclamation shall be construed to impair or otherwise affect:

(i) the authority granted by law to an executive department or agency, or the head thereof; or

(ii) the functions of the Director of the Office of Management and Budget relating to budgetary, administrative, or legislative proposals.

(b) This proclamation shall be implemented consistent with applicable law and subject to the availability of appropriations.

(c) This proclamation is not intended to, and does not, create any right or benefit, substantive or procedural, enforceable at law or in equity by any party against the United States, its departments, agencies, or entities, its officers, employees, or agents, or any other person.

IN WITNESS WHEREOF, I have hereunto set my hand this thirty-first day of January, in the year of our Lord two thousand twenty, and of the Independence of the United States of America the two hundred and forty-fourth.

DONALD J. TRUMP

He signed on January 31st. Ok now from the WHO. Way to go Trump don't give them one more penny.

Feb. 4

At a WHO briefing, Tedros urged that there be no travel bans. "We reiterate our call to all countries not to impose restrictions that unnecessarily interfere with international travel and trade. Such restrictions can have the effect of increasing fear and stigma, with little public health benefit. ... Where such measures have been implemented, we urge that they are short in duration, proportionate to the public health risks and are reconsidered regularly as the situation evolves."
That made me laugh. Yes. Trump stopped the yellow peril. But, he let in thousands of white Europeans into New York. And they had the disease. If only he wasn't a bigot.

She names names and shows text messages. These would be permissible evidence in a court of law, I believe.
If she names names then she better not order from HopSings.
3vo6tp.gif

Reactions: pttimmer
ADVERTISEMENT