ADVERTISEMENT

Clay Travis gets it!

Well it looks like Clay Travis just ruined his career! He, his family, fans, his show, etc. will now be the target of 'Fake News' that will reveal (or insist) that they are all racists and bigots.Clay needs to be smarter than that. Saying what actually may be true is NOT 'politically correct'!

It’s a free market, Lebron is simply doing what is most profitable. He is a supporter of society and we should try to pass whatever laws we can to make life easier for him

It’s a free market, Lebron is simply doing what is most profitable. He is a supporter of society and we should try to pass whatever laws we can to make life easier for him

Before even eading the article and the points made my exact thoughts to your comment was:

Aren't the NFL team owners doing the same thing? Employees make a company go but when a CEO tells you to do something, you do it, or your ass is fired.

The point Clay makes (and he annoys the shit out of me) is very fair and true. Those factories are child labor...the NFL pays their employees millions. It is no where near slavery. That's horse shit

Before even eading the article and the points made my exact thoughts to your comment was:

Aren't the NFL team owners doing the same thing? Employees make a company go but when a CEO tells you to do something, you do it, or your ass is fired.

The point Clay makes (and he annoys the shit out of me) is very fair and true. Those factories are child labor...the NFL pays their employees millions. It is no where near slavery. That's horse shit
Lebron comparing the NFL owners to slave drivers is how the NFL cracked down on kneeling. It’s sad to see that the player’s free speech is infringed upon in the name of a dollar. If the players decided to not suit up how much money would the NFL make?

Personally I think Clay is a prick but he makes a lot of brutally honest statements.

Lebron comparing the NFL owners to slave drivers is how the NFL cracked down on kneeling. It’s sad to see that the player’s free speech is infringed upon in the name of a dollar. If the players decided to not suit up how much money would the NFL make?
So someone who works at Chick-Fil-A is having their free speech infringed upon since they have to say certain phrases? You’re against that I assume?

When you go to work for someone, and you're on the clock, you play by their rules. NFL is no different than any other company. If you don't want to show up and work and follow company policy and procedure they will find someone else to do your job. No player, no employee, no coach is bigger than the company, franchise, etc.

Lebron is getting entitlement confused with slavery and I like Lebron for the most part. Seems to be a good dad and teammate

Donald Trump makes most of his MAGA stuff in China, why isn’t Mr Travis and the Trump supporters in this thread up in arms over that fact?

Reactions: The Mixed Mamba
When you go to work for someone, and you're on the clock, you play by their rules. NFL is no different than any other company. If you don't want to show up and work and follow company policy and procedure they will find someone else to do your job. No player, no employee, no coach is bigger than the company, franchise, etc.

Lebron is getting entitlement confused with slavery and I like Lebron for the most part. Seems to be a good dad and teammate
The kneeling thing was never a written issue. The anthem was never a spectacle until the players decided to use their social platform to protest a great and depressing social injustice that occurs regularly in this country. Of course it was all catalyzed by our divisive president.

It’s sad to see that the player’s free speech is infringed upon in the name of a dollar.

When they are NOT at work, NFL players are free to kneel in their front yards or at the local park to their hearts content.

But — particularly when they are at work — they have to follow the rules of their employer.

If they don’t like it, find a new job and don’t cash the big checks from the NFL. Pretty simple actually.

Last edited:
When they are NOT at work, NFL players are free to kneel in their front yards or at the local park to their hearts content.

But — particularly when they are at work — they have to follow the rules of their employer.

If they don’t like it, find a new job and don’t cash the big checks from the NFL teams. Pretty simple actually.
Yeah I tell our CEO at my job what I’m gonna do and he’ll tell me to stay home.

Donald Trump makes most of his MAGA stuff in China, why isn’t Mr Travis and the Trump supporters in this thread up in arms over that fact?

Show me where anyone is stating that they have an issue with stuff being made out of the country...the issue is comparing NFL players who make millions to slaves...

With the tax and cost advantages on certain things, no one blames companies for going out of the country. Hell, American Girl Dolls are made in China

Reactions: Mcctiger

If they don’t like it, find a new job and don’t cash the big checks from the NFL teams. Pretty simple actually.
The NBA players aren’t allowed to kneel for the anthem either but the owners get a pass because supposedly it was already in their code of ethics or whatever. So basically Lebron is comparing NFL owners to slave masters because they stopped letting the players kneel (but do give them an option to stay in the locker room or tunnel) while he works for the NBA who never has let players kneel for the anthem. Very hard to make this stuff up, lol

President Trump is a very successful businessman, but he is not calling anyone slave masters for paying basketball players millions of dollars. Nice try to avoid the main issue though,

We should all give your ignorance pass since I don’t think you have a job currently or have ever worked a real one in your life. Living off your parents and trying to tell people who go to work every day for someone else how the world turns is classic you. All the millennial/snowflake jokes aside, I just don’t think you have had enough life experience or been exposed to enough to be able to talk informatively about much. And to your point, companies change policies daily to keep up with the ever changing landscape of their employees and business goals. There are social media policies, dress codes, intra-office relationship policies ,etc that you would think were some infringement on your personal freedoms. Good news is you can walk away from the job just like the pro athletes can from theirs. The NFLs decisions were no different. If you ever leave the nest of your law dog parents and live life without a safety net, I believe you will find things are a lot different than you believe.

The kneeling thing was never a written issue. The anthem was never a spectacle until the players decided to use their social platform to protest a great and depressing social injustice that occurs regularly in this country. Of course it was all catalyzed by our divisive president.

I can’t say and do whatever I want at my job either.

Reactions: tigers4381
We are all just like LeBron.

This is America. We love benefiting from child slavery as long as we don't see it.

Just a sad reality.

Reactions: BHSRebels89
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT