ADVERTISEMENT

Clemson and Nike...

I guess I just don’t understand the concept of letting an athlete/entertainer/celebrity dictate any choice in my lifestyle.

There isn’t a single person I know whose life has been impacted (good or bad) by CK, but some have allowed him to change their shopping and viewing habits. IMO, that is giving a complete nobody control over an aspect of your life.

Ding, ding, ding. We have a winner.

I don't agree with CK and I assure you that he has not helped Nike sell me a single item. BUT as an American he has the freedom to pick and choose what he wants to do with himself and advocate for his beliefs as he sees fit. He has to live with the results of that. Ditto for Nike and their sales. And ditto for each and every one of us in this thread. We can not give much of a crap one way or the other, we can support CK, we can hate what CK is doing enough to not buy Nike products. AND we can argue with each other and try to convince others that we are correct. If enough folks line up behind a common cause, something could actually happen to help that cause.

This is a little slice of America that is working exactly as intended... carry on.

The only time problems happen is when we DON'T realize that this is the way things are supposed to work.

Reactions: MKOTiger
Buddy it’s not a hard concept. Police brutality is a problem. It’s an even bigger problem for the African-American demographic. Colin Kaepernick decides to peacefully protest by taking a knee during the national anthem to say “I can’t just blindly worship a country that continues to take no action when numerous unarmed African-Americans are killed by law enforcement year after year.”

You don’t like that because you think not blindly following the customs of the anthem means someone hates America. You think Colin Kaepernick is a POS because he took a peaceful and effective method to protest a blatant and continuous injustice in our country. He even consulted with veterans before doing so. To act like he has been reckless or inconsiderate in any way shape or form is simply ignorant.

So you can continue to think you’re some red-blooded, freedom-loving, picture perfect American and hate Kaepernick and anyone else who doesn’t like police killing unarmed black men. But the reality is YOU are the POS. YOU are the ignorant SOB who any decent person can’t stand when it comes to conversation about this topic. If you hate the guy who protests police brutality, I am forced to assume that you support police brutality.

Since that seems to be the case, I think I speak for most of the decent human beings on this forum when I say that YOU should boycott being a Clemson fan. You are an embarrassment to the fan base.
You watch way to much CNN dude. Police brutality is not a “true” problem. For someone who was a LEO for almost 10 years, I know it’s just propaganda by the left.

Nah don't take a break. If you do I'll just start saying it. It's annoying because it's true.

Nah, it’s annoying because it annoying. Y’all need to step out if you think Clemson is the most sensitive fanbase out there. Bring up 1980 with UGA, call Cam a cheater to Auburn fans or mention Saban to LSU folks...you’ll see some sensitivity then. We got nothing on those whack jobs.

You watch way to much CNN dude. Police brutality is not a “true” problem. For someone who was a LEO for almost 10 years, I know it’s just propaganda by the left.
LOL at LEOs who have The Punisher as a fvcking avatar. He KILLS PEOPLE he THINKS are criminals. He's not a good guy, he's a psychopath, do cops really want to liken themselves to a murdering vigilante psycho? You entering in here to tell people that police brutality doesn't exist while co oping the PUNISHER logo for COP thin blue line propaganda... HOLYHELL you are special.

"What are your thoughts on the Punisher symbol being co-opted by police or the military?

I've talked about this in other interviews. To me, it's disturbing whenever I see authority figures embracing Punisher iconography because the Punisher represents a failure of the Justice system. He's supposed to indict the collapse of social moral authority and the reality some people can't depend on institutions like the police or the military to act in a just and capable way.

The vigilante anti-hero is fundamentally a critique of the justice system, an example of social failure, so when cops put Punisher skulls on their cars or members of the military wear Punisher skull patches, they're basically sides with an enemy of the system. They are embracing an outlaw mentality. Whether you think the Punisher is justified or not, whether you admire his code of ethics, he is an outlaw. He is a criminal. Police should not be embracing a criminal as their symbol.

It goes without saying. In a way, it's as offensive as putting a Confederate flag on a government building. My point of view is, the Punisher is an anti-hero, someone we might root for while remembering he's also an outlaw and criminal. If an officer of the law, representing the justice system puts a criminal's symbol on his police car, or shares challenge coins honoring a criminal he or she is making a very ill-advised statement about their understanding of the law.
" - Gerry Conway , creator of punisher

You want to bet on that? No way this hurts them anymore than the last time. It’s just outrage politics at its best.

It may not hurt Nike, but last time I didn't take a stand, this time I am. What is one person, but when it trickles down maybe one turns into one thousand, and one thousand turns into one million, you get the point.

So, you support our players on Saturday who believe there's a systemic injustice going on in the country and hate Kaepernick because he also believes there's a systemic injustice occuring and peacefully protests it?

Got it.

I support everything Clemson, however I believe Kaepernick chose to take a knee during something that is sacred to me (the national anthem). Bad choice on his part, and for Nike to support him doesn't line up with my core values. To each his own, but I don't have to support Nike.

Nah, it’s annoying because it annoying. Y’all need to step out if you think Clemson is the most sensitive fanbase out there. Bring up 1980 with UGA, call Cam a cheater to Auburn fans or mention Saban to LSU folks...you’ll see some sensitivity then. We got nothing on those whack jobs.

Meanwhile you're the only one taking this seriously. Really trying to justify which fan base is worse? Dude. We all are and it's fine. It's not that serious tho in what we call the real world. Maybe you're the one that needs to step out more. This fantasy world of college football seems to be getting to you.

Most sensitive fan base in America.

Would you then bitch when your IPTAY dues and season ticket prices quadrupled to make up the revenue difference?

Look, I don't have all the answers. What I do know is I will not tolerate someone showing disrespect towards our flag, (to many of or family members have died to give us the freedom we have today in the great USA). So you go right ahead and fall in line with that POS C. Kaepernick. At some point this country has to decide what they will tolerate, and what they won't.

I support everything Clemson, however I believe Kaepernick chose to take a knee during something that is sacred to me (the national anthem). Bad choice on his part, and for Nike to support him doesn't line up with my core values. To each his own, but I don't have to support Nike.
In what way is taking a knee worse than what he's protesting?

I 1000x support your right to do that, but I also 1000x support his right to be a chode too. I just don’t think that it hurts Nike one iota. Gay marriage opposition never hurt Chik Fil A, and I just don’t see it making a difference here either.

Meanwhile you're the only one taking this seriously. Really trying to justify which fan base is worse? Dude. We all are and it's fine. It's not that serious tho in what we call the real world. Maybe you're the one that needs to step out more. This fantasy world of college football seems to be getting to you.

Most sensitive fan base in America.

Nah, I’m all good buddy. Just tired of opening every thread with the same poster saying the same ridiculous statement over and over and over. It doesn’t matter to me that we’re being called sensitive- I really don’t care. I’m sure we are sensitive when we’re being attacked by the SEC homers all the time. I just want some original statements on the site I spend most of my internet time on. It’d be one thing if it were funny the first time he said it but we’re on post 4000 at this point and it’s just irritating. @Ron Munson’s routine is funny, something Tillman can’t claim, and the reason it’s still funny is because he doesn’t jam white sunglasses, jorts, Tammi and left lane driver jokes down our throats every. single. day.

You have a wonderful 4th sir. Go Tigers.

Last edited:
Reactions: MKOTiger
LOL at LEOs who have The Punisher as a fvcking avatar. He KILLS PEOPLE he THINKS are criminals. He's not a good guy, he's a psychopath, do cops really want to liken themselves to a murdering vigilante psycho? You entering in here to tell people that police brutality doesn't exist while co oping the PUNISHER logo for COP thin blue line propaganda... HOLYHELL you are special.

"What are your thoughts on the Punisher symbol being co-opted by police or the military?

I've talked about this in other interviews. To me, it's disturbing whenever I see authority figures embracing Punisher iconography because the Punisher represents a failure of the Justice system. He's supposed to indict the collapse of social moral authority and the reality some people can't depend on institutions like the police or the military to act in a just and capable way.

The vigilante anti-hero is fundamentally a critique of the justice system, an example of social failure, so when cops put Punisher skulls on their cars or members of the military wear Punisher skull patches, they're basically sides with an enemy of the system. They are embracing an outlaw mentality. Whether you think the Punisher is justified or not, whether you admire his code of ethics, he is an outlaw. He is a criminal. Police should not be embracing a criminal as their symbol.

It goes without saying. In a way, it's as offensive as putting a Confederate flag on a government building. My point of view is, the Punisher is an anti-hero, someone we might root for while remembering he's also an outlaw and criminal. If an officer of the law, representing the justice system puts a criminal's symbol on his police car, or shares challenge coins honoring a criminal he or she is making a very ill-advised statement about their understanding of the law.
" - Gerry Conway , creator of punisher
Didn’t read it all. However I think the punisher is a cool show. That’s why.

Look, I don't have all the answers. What I do know is I will not tolerate someone showing disrespect towards our flag, (to many of or family members have died to give us the freedom we have today in the great USA). So you go right ahead and fall in line with that POS C. Kaepernick. At some point this country has to decide what they will tolerate, and what they won't.
You’re making a large assumption that I’m in line with CK. That’s presumptuous of you.

Yet you failed to answer my question...we both know that’s because you’re full of shit. If you feel so strongly about Nike, you should really boycott watching Clemson athletics as well, until they drop Nike...but we both know you won’t.

But that’s cool. It’s ok to be a blowhard and sorta oppose Nike unless it’s inconvenient for you. See because I believe that single minded blowhards like Colin Kaepernick and @G-Man!!! have the freedom to say whatever they would like, no matter how half thought out it may be.

In what way is taking a knee worse than what he's protesting?

CK could have chose any stage in the world to bring attention to his issue. Don't use the USA flag, and basically turn your back on it, and ignore all the sacrifices that were made in order for all americans to enjoy our freedom. Terrible choice on his, and Nike to support that. Don't try and make it anything more or less.

Didn’t read it all. However I think the punisher is a cool show. That’s why.
nice dodge
Ive still got my punisher comics some where in the attic. Glad you think the marvel show is cool, Frank Castle is a nut job who kills people, you should read my entire comment, sorry if it hurts your mall cop dress up.

The flag and the national anthem doesn't just represent the military. They represent the United States of America. Which includes the government. The military protects the rights that were given to us by the founding fathers of our country, who by the way, protested their government.

Funny how Kaepernick never mentioned the military in his protest, yet you and others like you continue to lump them in to fuel your outrage. Also, what do you think of veterans of the armed forces who have supported Kaepernick's right to protest? Do THEIR opinions matter or just the dead ones for whom you've become the spokesman?

nice dodge
Ive still got my punisher comics some where in the attic. Glad you think the marvel show is cool, Frank Castle is a nut job who kills people, you should read my entire comment, sorry if it hurts your mall cop dress up.
Lol

The flag and the national anthem doesn't just represent the military. They represent the United States of America. Which includes the government. The military protects the rights that were given to us by the founding fathers of our country, who by the way, protested their government.

Funny how Kaepernick never mentioned the military in his protest, yet you and others like you continue to lump them in to fuel your outrage. Also, what do you think of veterans of the armed forces who have supported Kaepernick's right to protest? Do THEIR opinions matter or just the dead ones for whom you've become the spokesman?

Kaepernick decided to show his disrespect for our fallen hero's that died fighting for our freedoms, by taking a knee (for all purposes turning his back on our symbol of freedom, the USA flag) Kaepernick didn't have to say, or do anything else. And yes he has the right to do what he did, however he defined part of who he is. And that part does not line up with my core values.

Kaepernick decided to show his disrespect for our fallen hero's that died fighting for our freedoms, by taking a knee (for all purposes turning his back on our symbol of freedom, the USA flag) Kaepernick didn't have to say, or do anything else. And yes he has the right to do what he did, however he defined part of who he is. And that part does not line up with my core values.

That didn't address what I said. Also didn't answer my question about veterans who are fine with his protest.

I don’t care for Ck nor his thoughts and think it’s laughable that his opinion matters. I also couldn't care less about Nike’s actions concerning his actions. The facts are that 3 times more white people are killed by police than blacks and the poorest 10% of Americans live better than 90% of the rest of the world. If people don’t like living here then they should leave or try and make it better and by making it better, I don’t mean reorganizing facts to fit their own disturbing narratives.

Last edited:
Reactions: G-Man!!!
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT