ADVERTISEMENT

****Clemson COVID update

I predict TL will be our starter in Charlotte against UGA if this season gets cancelled. A mutual very close friend of ours has told me TL’s chances of returning in this scenario are 50/50. Trevor has stated multiple times how he won’t rule out playing 4 years at Clemson and this would only be his third. Plus he loves Clemson and won’t want to go out like he did against LSU. Will also get a massive insurance policy.
Not to mention he’ll be a millionaire next year either way with NIL $$$$.

Reactions: TMcGrady1
Crucify me if you like but there will be no football this season. 23 cases and we have not begun to practice yet.
Football isn’t happening this year.
I have to unfortunately agree with you. When we begin practicing and going to classes there is no way to keep the infection rate down to a minimum.

Crucify me if you like but there will be no football this season. 23 cases and we have not begun to practice yet.

I have to unfortunately agree with you. When we begin practicing and going to classes there is no way to keep the infection rate down to a minimum.

Yeah, but it’s only June and 25% of the team is already infected - seems like this will probably roll through the rest of the team by September, hopefully all with little to no symptoms. I’d be more worried about the older coaching and support staffs, though...

That's correct and has been for a while now.

Say goodbye to most college sports for a long time if that’s the case.

You talk about so many people being out of a job and certain programs shut down, while most players would not even notice a symptom.

There is no scenario where college football should be shut down given how much it funds everything else.

For those of you freaking out...

This is a huge blessing. We are 25%-30% of the way to Herd immunity on the the team.

Literally none of them have serious symptoms. If anyone even has a fever it’s not being talked about.

The ones who don’t have it now wish they had it now. No one wants it in August or September when they will have to miss practice or games.

Young healthy elite athletes are not affected the same way that nursing home patients are affected. Remember the NBA players that tested positive? None of them got sick.

The Clemson players didn’t even know they had it. They were working out vigorously one minute and tapped on the shoulder the next and removed from drills per protocol.

They will push through and be fine.

I have a college senior at another school and this has already started on other campuses in the general population. My son had dozens of fraternity brothers and friends in sororities that stayed on campus and they all got it this spring. They weren’t social distancing. But None of the college age kids had serious symptoms either. Many others tested later for antibodies and were positive as well without even knowing they had it.

I also have a freshmen reporting to campus at Clemson this fall. Can you tell I’m not worried? You shouldn’t be either.

Go back to the student that posted on this thread. Read his comments.

If someone has an immune disorder or is overweight with hypertension or diabetes that is different. But healthy athletes that are 18-22 years olds are going to push through this quickly or not even have symptoms.

Foils your plan..., I know.

And your narrative. Closing in on 120,000 deaths. But this is all just a hoax.

And before you say it, I am going to work and trying to get on with life. But I am wearing my mask, staying out of unnecessary groups, and trying to be smart about it. This is not all old people, my business partners sons wife (who Is 29) has it and is very sick. Not hospitalized yet but closely monitoring.

From Clemson's AD

Any protestors confirmed? Asking for a friend.

Clemson Athletics COVID-19 Update

Thus far in the month of June, Clemson Athletics student-athletes and staff have completed 315 tests for COVID-19 with a total of 28 positive results.

Clemson has notified and isolated each of those individuals who tested positive for a period of at least 10 days. Close known contacts have also been asked to self-quarantine for at least 14 days. Most of the total cases have been asymptomatic, and none have required hospitalization. As community transmission continues throughout the area, it is advised that individuals monitor for symptoms.

As the State of South Carolina and the Upstate continue to experience community transmission of COVID-19, individuals are advised to continue to practice non-pharmaceutical interventions, including face coverings and social distancing.

More information about steps individuals should take if they test positive or have known exposure is available on the University’s website at www.clemson.edu/coronavirus, and detailed instructions on notification procedures will continue to be updated on that site.

FROM THE TIGER FAN SHOP: Click HERE to check out all of our inventory, plus early summer DEALS on officially-licensed CLEMSON apparel!
g2qchpssqpgluzgnioze

The love of money and the want to see others put their lives on the line for your entertainment is sick. I guess if it doesn't directly affect you then who cares huh? As bad as I want football for our rising seniors in high school, I ain't in a hurry getting through phase I. Just throwing around numbers to justify things is easy behind a keyboard. Try being out here and working through the trials and errors we're going through to keep players safe. Be patient. What's lost now will come back to be very fruitful in the next phase of this new normal.

You talk about so many people being out of a job and certain programs shut down, while most players would not even notice a symptom.

There is no scenario where college football should be shut down given how much it funds everything else.
Public health. Get ready for a new normal.

Reactions: ClemsonGentleman
When do we turn the corner? Do we cancel sports forever? Seriously, 23 guys get it and zero need to see a doctor, and most were asymptomatic. Guys. We will all get this at some point. We probably have all been exposed to this. We have to move on. As tests are being done positive cases will happen. As we open up cases will go up. You can’t tell me people didn’t expect this.

Football isn’t happening this year.

Why wouldn’t it happen?

Seriously, the freak out here over this news makes zero sense. What did y’all think was going to happen? We opened everything up (as we should have) and now we have to weather the storm...push through. Obviously we continue to social distance and wear masks in public, and the people who are at risk need to protect themselves.

Otherwise we all should be living life as normal while also being as careful as we can. The talk of canceling football or school makes no sense whatsoever.

Last edited:
When I was little one of my 3 siblings got the chicken pox, so my Dad put us all in the same playpen to get it all over at once. Worked. Let’s just go on and put all the players together in Dabo Land and get it all over at once.

Reactions: tigerworx
Yeah, but it’s only June and 25% of the team is already infected - seems like this will probably roll through the rest of the team by September, hopefully all with little to no symptoms. I’d be more worried about the older coaching and support staffs, though...
I agree

For those of you freaking out...

This is a huge blessing. We are 25%-30% of the way to Herd immunity on the the team.

Literally none of them have serious symptoms. If anyone even has a fever it’s not being talked about.

The ones who don’t have it now wish they had it now. No one wants it in August or September when they will have to miss practice or games.

Young healthy elite athletes are not affected the same way that nursing home patients are affected. Remember the NBA players that tested positive? None of them got sick.

The Clemson players didn’t even know they had it. They were working out vigorously one minute and tapped on the shoulder the next and removed from drills per protocol.

They will push through and be fine.

I have a college senior at another school and this has already started on other campuses in the general population. My son had dozens of fraternity brothers and friends in sororities that stayed on campus and they all got it this spring. They weren’t social distancing. But None of the college age kids had serious symptoms either. Many others tested later for antibodies and were positive as well without even knowing they had it.

I also have a freshmen reporting to campus at Clemson this fall. Can you tell I’m not worried? You shouldn’t be either.

Go back to the student that posted on this thread. Read his comments.

If someone has an immune disorder or is overweight with hypertension or diabetes that is different. But healthy athletes that are 18-22 years olds are going to push through this quickly or not even have symptoms.

My goodness... I haven’t even been posting, but you are making almost every thread I decide to read dreadful with the 10 paragraphs of some stats and your opinion. WE GET IT! We know your stance. There’s all kind of data out there on this, but I’m sure we can all agree there’s still some unknowns. Let us read an article and thread without it at times.

And FTR, I’ve liked a lot of your other insight and posts over the years on TN prospects and inside information you have so please don’t confuse this with that.

Dude its not HIV....

I bet none of them even go to the hospital...most likely their is almost no impact to their daily lives. Better to get it now.

Yes.

This severe cold has become the unifier of all libs. Old folks need to absolutely take precautions, but college athletes don’t even need a prescription to treat this. The manufactured scam of all time.

60-70% of the population has to get it to get to herd immunity . So far, we have had 5%.

So we have had 100k+ lives lost from 5% getting it. Getting to 60-70% could be painful.

as to the football players, it does seem that the young athletic person is only
Mildly affected by it. Hopefully all of our opponents And us can get to a herd immunity level as well. Without any major illness

Reactions: ClemsonGentleman
My goodness... I haven’t even been posting, but you are making almost every thread I decide to read dreadful with the 10 paragraphs of some stats and your opinion. WE GET IT! We know your stance. There’s all kind of data out there on this, but I’m sure we can all agree there’s still some unknowns. Let us read an article and thread without it at times.

And FTR, I’ve liked a lot of your other insight and posts over the years on TN prospects and inside information you have so please don’t confuse this with that.

I get it. You’re a Karen. I’d offer to meet you at Wachovia but it doesn’t seem appropriate given your status.

Just hit the ignore button.

Hope you feel better.

That’s the plan.

I get it. You’re a Karen. I’d offer to meet you at Wachovia but it doesn’t seem appropriate given your status.

Just hit the ignore button.

Hope you feel better.

Meeting me at a Wachovia would not bode well for you, but that response from you shows you’re too caught up in this, so I digress.

Still a lot of unknowns with this virus. “Experts” who does this for a living has changed their opinions over a 3-4 month window, so just bc you’ve read up on it and posts the stats that supports your obvious stance, it doesn’t make you right.

I’m not going to use the ignore function, but you’re becoming that poster you probably used to shake your head at in the past. We understand your opinion. You can say it a million different ways, but you’re saying the same thing.

ADVERTISEMENT