ADVERTISEMENT

Clemson Regional breakdown

dustinw

The Jack Dunlap Club
Gold Member
Aug 29, 2005
I don't know a thing about high point.

I watched a decent amount of Vandy this year. They have plenty of talent but they never quite put it together.

They had plenty of good wins. They took 2/3 from LSU and Florida. Those teams weren't great by any means and they played back in April when both were struggling. The head scratchers come from their losses. In their sweep against Uof they lost by 4,5 and 8, against Texas A&M they lost by 15, 9 and 6, against UGA 10, 10 and 4.Even though they lost their last two series against UT and UK. I thought they played better baseball against UT. I didn't see much of the UK series but the scores are ugly. They had a good showing in the conference tourney beating UF, UT and Miss St so they are paying good ball right now. They can hit the ball pretty good but they don't have the pitching like years.

I went to a couple Coastal games this year and they can hit but they really struggle pitching. IMO for them to win a game it has to be a high scoring game.

For Clemson they need to play loose and not get uptight. I would like to see us be aggressive on the base path and use some hit and runs to help our guys out when we go through spells during the game where we can't get anything going.

I think for the first time in a long time we have the arms to get us through the regionals but we need to lean on the Youngers guys and not the guys that have shown us what happens when they pitch. Not naming names.

We need Jarrell, Bissetta and Crighton to have a big weekend.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News