ADVERTISEMENT

***Clemson's trustees

giphy.gif

I'm half

I'm half joking, but not really. I'm so thankful we are changing the name of Tillman Hall and Calhoun Honors College, but I truly wonder how far this goes.
Totally understand however I don’t think it’ll ever go as far as changing the name of Clemson. The Tillman and Calhoun name changes were definitely needed.

Not defending Strom, I don't know enough about him, but didn't he change his views later in life? Once a racist always a racist I guess? It doesn't matter to me, if his name is hurtful to the citizens of the state, than change it.

Reactions: griffgolf
Not defending Strom, I don't know enough about him, but didn't he change his views later in life? Once a racist always a racist I guess? It doesn't matter to me, if his name is hurtful to the citizens of the state, than change it.

I don't think he did. I think he was just less.vocal about it.

I understand President Edwards has a building named after him already at Clemson but he would’ve been a good option for Tillman hall. He was a big advocate and driving force for desegregation at the university in the 60’s . Have a no issue with the name change the trustees decided on.

Reactions: matthewstigers
I understand President Edwards has a building named after him already at Clemson but he would’ve been a good option for Tillman hall. He was a big advocate and driving force for segregation at the university in the 60’s . Have a no issue with the name change the trustees decided on.

I feel like you mean "desegregation". :)

RC Edwards Honors College May have been a nice touch. A man whose views evolved and peacefully integrated Clemson. Reflective in a way of where we need to be today, constantly listening, evolving and staying connected to the communities that Clemson serves. Or Edwards-Gantt Honors.

I totally agree . I was thinking the same thing about Tillman hall

Will be curious to see what happens when someone petitions to change the name of the football field. Imagine that will get the juices flowing.

Honestly disappointed it wasn't named the George Floyd Honors College.

They just changed the name from Calhoun Honors College to Clemson University Honors College, effective immediately.

Provost said a task force has been looking into this since 2018.

Good. So they put the name back to what it should be. Honors college should be known simply as the honors college. How about that.

May as well adopt the Tiger Paw as a symbol and have the school and town be referred to as the establishments formerly known as Clemson University and Clemson, South Carolina.

While we are at it why don't we change the name of every single town or institution that offends anyone. Notre Dame is a representation of the Roman Catholic religion who has killed more people of Jewish and Muslim heritage in the name of God than any other single entity still in existence. Where is the outrage over that?

I am a proud graduate of the Calhoun Honors College, and I have no problem with Clemson changing the name. What I have a problem with is the overwhelming hypocrisy in today's world fueled by nothing more than political agendas. When the people and politicians of this country attack non-conformity in the interest of universal conformity, they are taking us down the path of either anarchy or totalitarianism. George Orwell had it right, but missed the date by 40-50 years.

Time to load up on ammo....

The hypocrisy is my only problem. These same elitist BOTs that want to parade in front of the cameras that they are some kind of servants for racial injustice wouldn’t have a black man eat at his/her dinner table any more than a man on the moon. That’s my problem. The hypocrisy of it all. Being forced by the mob to do something that you wouldn’t normally do isn’t something to take a bow over.

They were "white-guilted" and caved.

Black professor from Stanford, Shelby Steele, is very outspoken about white guilt and how ignorant it is. I recommend reading

Reactions: Pvilletigerfan
I understand President Edwards has a building named after him already at Clemson but he would’ve been a good option for Tillman hall. He was a big advocate and driving force for desegregation at the university in the 60’s . Have a no issue with the name change the trustees decided on.

Where is said building?

The hypocrisy is my only problem. These same elitist BOTs that want to parade in front of the cameras that they are some kind of servants for racial injustice wouldn’t have a black man eat at his/her dinner table any more than a man on the moon. That’s my problem. The hypocrisy of it all. Being forced by the mob to do something that you wouldn’t normally do isn’t something to take a bow over.

Black professor from Stanford, Shelby Steele, is very outspoken about white guilt and how ignorant it is. I recommend reading

Do you know any of the BOT personally? If not, that's a pretty strong brush to be painting them with without any evidence.

Wow. Pretty judgemental. So you know for a fact that no member of the BOT would be caught dead breaking bread with an African American?

RC Edwards Honors College May have been a nice touch. A man whose views evolved and peacefully integrated Clemson. Reflective in a way of where we need to be today, constantly listening, evolving and staying connected to the communities that Clemson serves. Or Edwards-Gantt Honors.
I would Ben Skardon as well.

Reactions: FallsChurchTiger

That’s a pretty broad stroke, my friend. Do you know any BOTs personally that you can attest this to?

Reactions: bigdaddytiger
ADVERTISEMENT