ADVERTISEMENT

CLP - what needs to happen with this program to fix the glaring issues we saw today?

TylerHumpFrow13

Lake Baikal
Gold Member
Aug 25, 2019
@Cris_Ard @Larry_Williams @Paul Strelow

Today's loss feels like it's kind of in a bubble, because we went up against a championship contender/arguably the best program in CFB and were clearly unprepared on at least one side of the field. The rest of our regular season isn't a cake walk by any means, but I don't see any other opponents with roster talent even close to what we faced today.

While Cade certainly looked better than last years opener, he still seemed to miss a number of open throws to keep the sticks moving and reverted back to hero-ball in the 4th quarter. My main concern with him and our QB play the last 4 years is that we have rarely seen any QB do enough to help us separate against comparable talent teams. At what point does that stop being a player issue and start being a coaching/development issue?

I don't know enough about play-calling to know how big of an issue this is for our offense, but there seemed to be some dud play-calls that killed drives today as well, and I didn't notice any major adjustments after half-time to give our offense a big enough boost to get back in the game. How much of this is on Cade, and how much blame do we place on Riley?

What can we do to bridge the gap between our program and programs like UGA/OSU/Michigan/Bama? Is it possible for us to bridge that gap without portal use or purchasing recruits with NIL collectives?

Obviously there's a lot of football to play this season, but does today's loss merit reassessing our coaching staff this offseason and making more coaching changes after the regular season, and what needs to happen for us to shrug off this loss and not tank this season?

Appreciate any insight.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.