ADVERTISEMENT

Cooper at Elite 11 semis

JSpears5

The Jack Dunlap Club
Gold Member
Aug 4, 2008
I spoke to my one insider, the father of an Elite 11 semifinalist this week. He was at the competition last week in LA. He is also very interested in Cooper because his son was not offered by Clemson because we liked Cooper better. I asked him what he thought of Cooper. Basically said that Cooper has a huge brace on his knee and it really limited his mobility. Looked very stiff because of it. Said he had a big arm but he thinks the footwork kept him from being very consistent.

He also said that his son is a runner and almost all the drills were designed for drop back non mobile passers. Said only 3 or 4 guys there were real dual threat. His son has not been picked though he thought he should have been right on the bubble for the last spot. I asked him about the USC commit and he said he look good but was not really the MVP, said he was doing 7-on-7 late in the day and defense had been going for a couple of hours and were getting tired. He said that the guys that went early and excelled were the real top of the class. Those were mainly the QBs that already had tickets to the finals before the competition began

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.