ADVERTISEMENT

⚖️ MURDAUGH MURDERS & TRIAL THREAD ⚖️

I'm popping in and out....but if Becky Hill had any jury influence that swayed the verdict heavens.

What a waste of state resources in this situation to retry a murder verdict for a retrial when the criminal will likely rot in prison due to the financial crimes to which he admitted guilt.

If I were the State, I wouldn't waste those resources for a second trial.
What an absolute shvt show and an embarrassment.

If "Pick Me" Becky actually did make statements, which I am on the fence about but not as convinced as I was that this is a Dick n' Poot scam, the murdering Ginger deserves a new trial. Its too slippery of a slope to go down. There should never even be a perception of court personnel in any way communication/injecting their thoughts on a trial. I undermines the justice system IMO.

All Becky had to do was her job, which was order lunch, and she saw her 15 minutes opportunity. SMDH.

Do we know how Friday’s juror responded?

1/10 jurors today gave contradictory testimony about Becky and her influence.
So is one person lying or the other 10 are lying?

Do we know how Friday’s juror responded?

1/10 jurors today gave contradictory testimony about Becky and her influence.
So is one person lying or the other 10 are lying?
The 1 juror testified that she felt pressure from the JURY (not Hill as stated in her affidavit), which happens in every case. That won't be enough to overturn, but the judge will determine.

Missed most of this, but Becky Hill needs to take the stand if she hadn't.

Salient Point:
"All Becky had to do was her job, which was order lunch, and she saw her 15 minutes opportunity. SMDH." @Will4Clemson I'll add that she should use her book profits to pay for the new trial if one is ordered.

The 1 juror testified that she felt pressure from the JURY (not Hill as stated in her affidavit), which happens in every case. That won't be enough to overturn, but the judge will determine.

Salient Point:
"All Becky had to do was her job, which was order lunch, and she saw her 15 minutes opportunity. SMDH." @Will4Clemson I'll add that she should use her book profits to pay for the new trial if one is ordered.
The first juror (Juror Z) said that she felt that Becky's comments to "watch Alex closely" and "pay attention to him" influenced her. Juror Z said that Becky's comments made it seem like he was guilty.

The rest of the jurors gave completely innocuous testimony.

Salient Point:
Well from what I understand she won't get much lawyering if that is what she is using to hire counsel. :)

I'm sure there is some deal that will have the taxpayers paying for her defense since she was a state actor when she decided that she wanted to be in a starring role.

Justice Toal kept a tight rein on Poot all morning with the jurors - especially during his arguments.

But she gave him a lot of latitude when Harpootlian questioned Becky Hill - and she asked Becky Hill a lot of questions herself.

I think that Justice Toal isn't looking kindly on an officer of the court writing a book about the trial, arguably mishandling exhibits, and potentially causing all of this mess with the post-trial motions.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT