ADVERTISEMENT

⚖️ MURDAUGH MURDERS & TRIAL THREAD ⚖️

Somebody CandP for the rest of us please
There's also a one hour video interview of her.

Former Charleston, South Carolina sex worker Lindsey Edwards doesn’t want money – even though she and her family could certainly use it. Like far too many Americans, Edwards – who recently left the Palmetto State in her rearview mirror – is finding it harder to make ends meet amidst the onslaught of increasingly ominous economic indicators.

But this 28-year-old mother of four isn’t about to cash in on her gut-wrenching story – or go back to the life that led to it.

To her, telling her story is much more important than selling it …

During a raw, emotional, wide-ranging interview with me over the weekend, Edwards made one thing perfectly clear: Any money conceivably coming to her from a slew of potential court cases would go directly to a foundation benefiting victims of human trafficking.

She doesn’t want a cent … she just doesn’t want what happened to her to happen to anyone else.

And what happened to Edwards?

As a twenty-year-old exotic dancer in and around Charleston eight years ago, she found herself forced into the sex trade – at gunpoint, in some instances. According to her, she was under the thumb of a ruthless madam, armed “bodyguards” and a network of dirty cops (many of whom allegedly received favors in exchange for the information and “protection” they provided the madam).

In this capacity, Edwards was compelled to have sex with literally hundreds of men – often against her will.

And often resulting in violent rapes …

During this period of involuntary sexual servitude, on four occasions Edwards said she found herself compelled to service a personal injury attorney from Hampton, S.C. named Alex Murdaugh – one of many wealthy, well-known clients in her madam’s black book.

What transpired during those four encounters?

According to Edwards, Murdaugh choked her to the point she nearly blacked out, gagged her, beat her and pulled clumps of hair from her head – trauma she willingly relived on our cameras in the hopes of making sure it doesn’t happen to anyone else.

Here is my full interview with Edwards …

No gag order. Looks like more details will come out sooner rather than later.

I knew what you meant, but in case others confused the gag of the former sex worker, posting the link to the gag order in the Murdaugh murder proceedings.

I watched that whole video - pretty convincing and don’t doubt her accounts based on everything else we’ve come to learn.
Agreed. I listened too it as well, didn't mean to, but found her credible.

Sounds like there's a group of powerful men in the Low Country who are low in character. AM sounds like an evil sociopath. I'm surprised Maggie didn't divorce him early in the marriage (what staying with him that long says about her is disturbing) and not surprised that AM spawned Paul/Timmy/Spawn of Satan.

When I think there can be no more, there is more.

Doubt we have heard the rest of AM story
Figure 80% is out now but still more to come
Better story right now to me is Representative Timmons in Greenville, his mistress and her husband Ron Rallis who painted the church pink…. His wife Paula Dhier and that one is going to get good

With a group of guys last night and the discussion became the plane crash that killed Charles and Kelli Schell. Charly Schell founded Forge Consulting and Alex Murdaugh is accused of setting up fake accounts (nothing new as Fits reported this).
What I found interesting is a couple of the guys said this might well have been an intentional crash as they knew they were going to be drug into the investigation and everything they had done wasn't above board.
Not saying any of this is true but a couple of the people talking are pretty well connected. The more I read and hear on Murdaugh the more believable the series Ozark is.....

With a group of guys last night and the discussion became the plane crash that killed Charles and Kelli Schell. Charly Schell founded Forge Consulting and Alex Murdaugh is accused of setting up fake accounts (nothing new as Fits reported this).
What I found interesting is a couple of the guys said this might well have been an intentional crash as they knew they were going to be drug into the investigation and everything they had done wasn't above board.
Not saying any of this is true but a couple of the people talking are pretty well connected. The more I read and hear on Murdaugh the more believable the series Ozark is.....
There is absolutely nothing that is beyond reason or feasible at this point. Literally anything is possible and could absolutely be true. Just hope we get the truth on other public figures whether that be LE, SLED, Mullen, judges, Harpootlian, elected officials, etc. I couldn’t care less about a war on good ol boys… I just think this is so fascinating and wants to know every detail.

Folks (not Will) that I know that have grown up with the Murdaughs in that part of the state very much believe there is an “Ozark” element to all of this.

Interesting read. It took a large number of dominoes to line up correctly to result in the death of Mallory Beach. If the Murdaughs had raised their sons to abide by the law, Paul wouldn't have been an underaged purchaser of alcohol using a false id that Buster gave him. If all of the kids were using their brains, they wouldn't have gotten into a boat with Paul, who they knew could evolve to a Timmy. If he adults at the Oyster roast were being adults, they would have taken those boat keys and let that group sleep over. (Were they making other alcohol available to their guests that Paul consumed?) If the bar on the way home had not served shots to Paul and his friend, perhaps Paul could have functioned in a less intoxicated state. If the kids at that stop had elected not to get back in that boat because Paul was visibly drunk and call a friend for a ride, the outcome could have been different.

Seems a lot to pin on just Parkers because per SLED the store checked the id in line with legal requirements. But SC law is again very special with its "joint-and-several liability law in alcohol-related cases." In another jurisdiction without that legal construct, a jury of reasonable people would either let his store off or apportion a small amount of cause and thus damages to Parkers.....but with that law, the small amount is probably enough to pin the magnitude of the line of falling dominoes on Parker.

But for the grace of God, people can die from making unwise decisions not just from alcohol but with the friends we choose. This saga is a primer on how not to live one's life.

Front page of the Wall Street Journal, no less. First thing I saw when I logged on this a.m.

Good looking family.....

<<<rolls eyes, putmps fist up and down in front of abdomen>>>

Reactions: Solid Orange Blood
And the latest Mandy Matney podcast may be a new low.

She complains about not being taken seriously by "real" journalists, about being called a "blogger" instead of an investigative journalist, etc.

And then she spends half of the episode whining about her personal "betrayal" by a WSJ reporter. She spent so much time whining and complaining that she almost forgot to tout all the great work she was doing.

This week's "Impact of Influence" podcast is much more informative and highlights Poot's press conference the other day. I highly recommend listening to it.

She complains about not being taken seriously by "real" journalists, about being called a "blogger" instead of an investigative journalist, etc.

And then she spends half of the episode whining about her personal "betrayal" by a WSJ reporter. She spent so much time whining and complaining that she almost forgot to tout all the great work she was doing.

This week's "Impact of Influence" podcast is much more informative and highlights Poot's press conference the other day. I highly recommend listening to it.

Real journalists/reporters use facts to tell the story and are not the story.

Podcasters who want to be part of the story are commentators. Their information may have some basis in fact, but introduce opinion, speculation and slanted information.

I consume and enjoy both forms, but in the appropriate context and filter. Freedom Speech is one of the greatest rights in the US Constitution. God Bless The Founding Fathers in their infinite wisdom and vision. The USA may fall like Rome, but the principles on which we are founded are beyond compare. (Sorry....I love to consume information and appreciate that right.)

I think she and fits have good sources and know as much as any news outlet trying to cover this but she is clearly biased. I want to hear both sides and then draw my own conclusion.

Is that really shocking?
No. If he's willing (allegedly and per the indictment) to shoot his wife and son, stealing is probably his starter crime. AM's conduct and actions don't surprise me by now, what does surprise me is his close family members and possibly Maggie's family standing by him. There's a difference in loving the sinner and seemingly being blind to the sin.

No. If he's willing (allegedly and per the indictment) to shoot his wife and son, stealing is probably his starter crime. AM's conduct and actions don't surprise me by now, what does surprise me is his close family members and possibly Maggie's family standing by him. There's a difference in loving the sinner and seemingly being blind to the sin.
There are a lot of family members that do not stand by him. I can't speak for Maggies family, but Randy is not the only family member that he stole from! Anyway, nothing is shocking to me at this point. He was willing to reach to the bottom of the barrel.

Mandy Matney & Liz Farrell are out at FitsNews. What happened - were they fired, did they quit, were they sued, or are they going somewhere else? Mandy will still be posting her podcast, vocal fry continues.

Any chance they will take their self-righteousness and self-promotion down a notch or two?

Any chance they will take their self-righteousness and self-promotion down a notch or two?
We can wish. If any journalist or blogger crosses the line, they could find themselves holding a bag of legal fees and/or damages in their very own lawsuit. There are actual reporters on this story, and I prefer their stories.

In the end, the courtroom will adjudicate guilt because innocence is never determined (aka OJ Simpson) because that's not how our system is set up.

Reactions: yoshi121374
Wonder about the timing of the search....has someone been talking?

From FITSNews print "The latest development in the investigation? A dive team search which was initiated on Tuesday morning near Varnville, S.C. – a stone’s throw from the home of the late Randolph Murdaugh III.

“Dive teams are in the water,” one witness told me.

News of the search was first reported by Michael DeWitt of The Hampton County Guardian."

For the video cliffnotes: https://youtube.com/shorts/_SRT2UCB_ts?feature=share

FITSNews remains all in on this saga.

This makes it sound as thought people are going to start ratting each other out with regards to the alleged financial crimes. Very curious to see how many people are implicated.

By the way, I thought Mandy’s last podcast was horrible.

When they moved Cousin Eddie and then almost immediately after they drug the creek near the Murdaugh dad/brother, I wondered if someone was ratting on the murder component.

With respect to the white collar crime, many of these people held positions that require a fiduciary relationship and responsibility to their clients. Many of them seem to have abrogated those responsibilities (allegedly), so they will suffer the consequences unless they can cut a deal to pin it on the kingpin. Being AM's friend paid dividends (financial and power) on the front-end of the equation but will likely have a higher cost (financial and freedom) on the backend. Smart people know when to turn away business too good to be true.

I will let others summarize Mandy Matney or I'll avoid knowing what she shares. I prefer more objective journalism.

Sh*t’s starting to sink in and these guys are all willing to turn on each other. Lafitte’s wife whining about how his house arrest is cramping their lifestyle is totally laughable.

I can’t with Mandy anymore. While I believe in doing things the right way and a lot of what she believes, she’s become unbearable. It’s her delivery and has nothing to do with her “vocal fry” that she goes on about.

When they moved Cousin Eddie and then almost immediately after they drug the creek near the Murdaugh dad/brother, I wondered if someone was ratting on the murder component.

With respect to the white collar crime, many of these people held positions that require a fiduciary relationship and responsibility to their clients. Many of them seem to have abrogated those responsibilities (allegedly), so they will suffer the consequences unless they can cut a deal to pin it on the kingpin. Being AM's friend paid dividends (financial and power) on the front-end of the equation but will likely have a higher cost (financial and freedom) on the backend. Smart people know when to turn away business too good to be true.

I will let others summarize Mandy Matney or I'll avoid knowing what she shares. I prefer more objective journalism.
I could be wrong but my belief is that MM reports what behooves her sources.

MM started out on fire but has consistently moved toward becoming a part of the story. She’s borderline unbearable which is disappointing because I think she’s had the best info/connections. She just can’t keep it professional anymore.

Reactions: yemassee and CT76
MM started out on fire but has consistently moved toward becoming a part of the story. She’s borderline unbearable which is disappointing because I think she’s had the best info/connections. She just can’t keep it professional anymore.
She is definitely part of the story now, which is a shame because as you mentioned, she seems to have the best info when it comes to this.

I'm also curious as to once all this Murdaugh stuff is finished, what does she and her partner do? I guess they just reinvent themselves because it appears that the drama of the Murdaugh saga directly impacts their livelihoods.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT