ADVERTISEMENT

⚖️ MURDAUGH MURDERS & TRIAL THREAD ⚖️

New developments released today in the Steven Smith mystery....FITS issued a challenge sometime back to get fresh forensic eyes on the Steven Smith death and a group of forensics experts has gotten involved. This is going to be very interesting.
Hmmmmm. How come? I kind of like the way she opens. She makes it clear she doesn’t really KNOW anything and is just telling us what she thinks and has discovered. Makes sense to me.
I think Mandy knows more than what she is saying even if she does not know who did it.

I don't recommend listening to the latest Mandy Matney podcast. Even by her standards, it is immature and awash in her bias and self-promotion. All she does for 45 minutes is name-call and attack others.

The low-point is the "dramatic reading" by her fiance of an email that one of the attorneys (from last week's Bowen Turner episode) sent in reply to someone who emailed him about the Bowen Turner case.

I don't recommend listening to the latest Mandy Matney podcast. Even by her standards, it is immature and awash in her bias and self-promotion. All she does for 45 minutes is name-call and attack others.

The low-point is the "dramatic reading" by her fiance of an email that one of the attorneys (from last week's Bowen Turner episode) sent in reply to someone who emailed him about the Bowen Turner case.
Couldn’t agree more

I tried to give them a pass for as long as I could, but they have lost professionalism. Even if I have sympathy for the victims and want justice to be served, I still prefer impartial reporting on what is transpiring. These people could take a lesson from the journalists on TI.

Also, I get the sense they are running out of things they can report.

I tried to give them a pass for as long as I could, but they have lost professionalism. Even if I have sympathy for the victims and want justice to be served, I still prefer impartial reporting on what is transpiring. These people could take a lesson from the journalists on TI.

She hasn't been objective in a long, long time and I know it, but keep listening anyway because it is interesting and I figured that somewhere among all the blabby blah blah there's a fact or two that I'm smart enough to digest on my own. We've all had years to get used to this style of "news reporting" so just exercising my ability to sift through the bias to find the facts and think about it by myself.

I am with you. I give them passes and just run everything through a mental filter, trying to glean some interesting facts in what I hear. I am perfectly capable of listening to things that I either disagree with, or don't agree with the characterizations and editorial stances.

But the latest podcast was a new low in juvenile "journalism." I'm not ready to quit listening, but I am close.

So this Charleston ShrimpTank video/podcast interview with Eric Bland gives a great rundown and rehashing of the story, albeit from Eric Bland's point of view.

I highly recommend it for anyone with an interest in this entire sordid affair.

I am surprised Eric said some of the things he did, but he certainly must know where to draw the line. He seems to think they are getting close to bringing criminal charges, but I guess that is based on what one considers close.

The best point he made (IMO) was that a normal father would not let their last living son walk the streets with no protection if they thought the family was being targeted.

New FitsNews update today with excerpt on timing and who/what initiated financial investigation below. 🔎

"According to multiple sources familiar with the obstruction of justice investigation launched in the aftermath of the boat crash, a statewide grand jury investigating the Murdaugh family subpoenaed all of this information in late April of 2021 – approximately six weeks before the murders.

This subpoena was reportedly authorized by S.C. circuit court judge Robert Hood, who told multiple sources at the time that the attorney general was “going after the Murdaughs.”

“Alex’s finances were already under investigation,” a source close to the inquiry told me, adding that the financial charges which began to fall on Murdaugh’s head in mid-November of last year were already “in the works” months before the murders."

Here we go…

“A shirt worn by Alex Murdaugh on
the night his wife and son were
murdered was found to have a
significant amount of high-velocity
impact spatter on it from at least
one of their bodies, sources familiar with the
investigation recently told FITSNews.
The presence of this forensic evidence on his
clothing "could have only come from one thing,"
according to sources close to the investigation.
Specifically, the spatter indicates that Murdaugh
was physically close to one or more of his family
members when they were shot.”

Here we go…

“A shirt worn by Alex Murdaugh on
the night his wife and son were
murdered was found to have a
significant amount of high-velocity
impact spatter on it from at least
one of their bodies, sources familiar with the
investigation recently told FITSNews.
The presence of this forensic evidence on his
clothing "could have only come from one thing,"
according to sources close to the investigation.
Specifically, the spatter indicates that Murdaugh
was physically close to one or more of his family
members when they were shot.”
Wonder if the high velocity spray came from one or both of the victims, and if from only one victim, which gun was used on that victim (one that belonged to the family or the other gun).

Wonder if the timing of the info seepage means charges are coming sooner rather than later.

My prayers are for the victims and for truth and justice to prevail, whatever that may be.

Wonder if the high velocity spray came from one or both of the victims, and if from only one victim, which gun was used on that victim (one that belonged to the family or the other gun).

Wonder if the timing of the info seepage means charges are coming sooner rather than later.

My prayers are for the victims and for truth and justice to prevail, whatever that may be.

Id say really soon. The fact is, they’ve known it was him the whole time, they just needed the proof. I know the use of this type of tech takes a few months, so I’m sure they now have what they need. Let’s see if I’m right… 🤝

Id say really soon. The fact is, they’ve known it was him the whole time, they just needed the proof. I know the use of this type of tech takes a few months, so I’m sure they now have what they need. Let’s see if I’m right… 🤝
I think a lot of people are hearing some minor variation of what FITS reported. My guess is the blood was from both victims.

Given that an indictment seems imminent, what do you think AM’s defense will be?
I mean it really depends on the strength and nature of the evidence tying him to the actual crime.

He claims to have an alibi placing him elsewhere (with his mom or dad, I can't remember exactly where) at the time of the killings. But with modern phones, it's often pretty easy to track people's location retrospectively.

Reactions: yemassee
I mean it really depends on the strength and nature of the evidence tying him to the actual crime.

He claims to have an alibi placing him elsewhere (with his mom or dad, I can't remember exactly where) at the time of the killings. But with modern phones, it's often pretty easy to track people's location retrospectively.
One would think if he had his phone with him then it would be easy to prove where he was.

I think a whole bunch of stuff will come out all at once and a lot of questions will be answered.

Reactions: tallulahtiger30319
One would think if he had his phone with him then it would be easy to prove where he was.

I think a whole bunch of stuff will come out all at once and a lot of questions will be answered.
So I guess the question is does the blood splatter mean he was there and witnessed someone kill his son and wife. There were the news reports where it alleges he was in cahoots with various drug dealers and did he cross the wrong person or did he pull the trigger

Not only is Alex Murdaugh a really bad person, he's just downright evil.

It's difficult to understand the level of poison in a person that would compel them to be so evil and have zero moral compass or conscience. I'm not sure I will ever understand pure evil. It exists. I just don't get it.

It's difficult to understand the level of poison in a person that would compel them to be so evil and have zero moral compass or conscience. I'm not sure I will ever understand pure evil. It exists. I just don't get it.
Agree with you, but would add that if allegations prove true, there is more than one blighted soul involved. It appears that AM had a web of lifelong friends and colleagues, most from respected and successful local families, who leveraged their positions in a network for ill gain so they could live the high life. One has to marvel at the arrogance in how many times and for how long this network seems to have operated. Guess you don't think long-term consequences if you really rule the systems in place to uncover deceit.

Many of the alleged victims are also local families who needed the financial help from legal settlements to make them whole and survive life, not to fly on a private jet for recreational purposes.

The jurisprudence system relies on ethical people and principles to work. Hopefully, this will result in Low Country justice being restored to a working model with victims being financially restored and perpetrators being punished (incarceration and fines) if the cases are proven in court.

Matthew McConoughey has a quote in his book that is really simple yet profound. It’s something like, “just because you can, stop and ask yourself ‘do you want to’ before you act.”

It can apply to literally any situation, good or bad, raising your kids, one more drink, buying a new gadget, speaking your mind, how you treat others, etc etc etc

Insurer that paid out on Gloria Satterfield claim sues AM and his cohorts. Hard to feel as much sympathy for an insurance company that should have validated claim and avoided fraud, but wrong is wrong. If I were in AM's situation, I would confess to anything I'd done for judicial mercy, not expecting any. I would immediately get on my knees and pray for God's salvation because eternity is longer than an earthly existence.

Insurer that paid out on Gloria Satterfield claim sues AM and his cohorts. Hard to feel as much sympathy for an insurance company that should have validated claim and avoided fraud, but wrong is wrong. If I were in AM's situation, I would confess to anything I'd done for judicial mercy, not expecting any. I would immediately get on my knees and pray for God's salvation because eternity is longer than an earthly existence.

The latest Mandy Matney podcast has some very good "inside" information about the insurance claim regarding Gloria Satterfield's death. Many more details about the actual death, the inner workings of the insurance claims, etc. It really reinforces the sketchiness of a $4M payout for a 58 year-old housekeeper in Hampton, SC--with minimal insurance investigation.

The "Impact of Influence" podcast is my preferred podcast of the Murdaugh podcasts. They have a very informative regular guest: John Snyder. He's a former DA and always does a great job explaining the law in these cases--or more importantly, the procedural nuances and "so-whats" of the legal moves.

I always assumed he was a SC attorney and "plugged in" to the SC legal scene, but apparently he's actually a NC attorney--and was suspended from practicing law a couple of years ago for failing to represent two clients adequately (read the details below, if you care) and for misrepresenting his actions to the bar disciplinary committee.

The disciplinary committee did note that he was having personal and family troubles while these cases were happening, so maybe he fell on some rough times and is now paying his penance.

(I am not 100% sure that this is the same "John Snyder," but no "John Snyder" appears in the SC bar directory.)

I'm not trying to smear him, as he adds a lot of value to that podcast, but I find it a little troubling that we are hearing from another lawyer who didn't do right by his clients--albeit much less egregiously.

On May 31, 2022, Alex Murdaugh signed a confession of judgement, awarding the Satterfield family more than $4.3 million. That should cover the financial angle.

SLED still in pursuit of facts regarding the fall and details re death. 🧐

I wouldn't want to speculate.

The only thing that's abundantly obvious to me throughout this entire saga is that Alex Murdaugh is a very bad human being. At this point I'm not sure what would surprise me.

I have always struggled with understanding evil, pure evil. I just don't understand how human beings could be so evil, so reckless and display a complete lack of compassion for others. This is an individual who over and over again willfully, knowingly, hurt a lot of people.

I wouldn't want to speculate.

The only thing that's abundantly obvious to me throughout this entire saga is that Alex Murdaugh is a very bad human being. At this point I'm not sure what would surprise me.

I have always struggled with understanding evil, pure evil. I just don't understand how human beings could be so evil, so reckless and display a complete lack of compassion for others. This is an individual who over and over again willfully, knowingly, hurt a lot of people.
It’s disturbing.

And no telling how many people he actually ripped off over the years - especially those who have passed and got conned out of anything they owned.

after yesterdays news there’s no doubt he did it. Had really hoped he didn’t but not sure why. Maybe for his older Son. Of all the evil he had done at least he wasn’t a murder.

feel awful for all involved. So many lives destroyed.

after yesterdays news there’s no doubt he did it. Had really hoped he didn’t but not sure why. Maybe for his older Son. Of all the evil he had done at least he wasn’t a murder.

feel awful for all involved. So many lives destroyed.
From the FitsNews Facebook videos, sounds like indictments are on the horizon. Indictments won't change the lives impacted, but civil society exists when facts are litigated, cases are proven in a court of law, and those adjudicated guilty are held accountable. That's the best earthy approach, recognizing that God will have the final disposition of every earthly soul.

If nothing else, there haven't been further new murders related to this family since this time last year. Incarceration is a useful tool in protecting society.

• Love
From the FitsNews Facebook videos, sounds like indictments are on the horizon. Indictments won't change the lives impacted, but civil society exists when facts are litigated, cases are proven in a court of law, and those adjudicated guilty are held accountable. That's the best earthy approach, recognizing that God will have the final disposition of every earthly soul.

If nothing else, there haven't been further new murders related to this family since this time last year. Incarceration is a useful tool in protecting society.
hey which Facebook video are you referring to?

ADVERTISEMENT