Covid Vaccines Less Effective at Preventing Hospitalization, CDC Says

TigerGrowls

Woodrush
Gold Member
Dec 21, 2001

By Cristina Laila
Published August 30, 2021 at 8:45pm
vaccines.jpg

The CDC on Monday came out and said Covid vaccines are less effective at preventing hospitalizations, particularly for people over 75.
The drop in vaccine effectiveness is being blamed on the Delta variant.
ABC reported:
The COVID-19 vaccines’ ability to keep people out of the hospital appears to be dropping slightly, particularly for those 75 and older, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention announced Monday during an advisory panel.
TRENDING: They Openly Mock Us Now: Taliban Hangs "Traitor" by the Throat From US Helicopter in Kandahar Left Behind by Joe Biden (VIDEO)
The CDC has previously estimated that 97% of people in the hospital being treated for COVID-19 are unvaccinated, but that data was collected before the spread of delta, a hyper-transmissible variant that many doctors have warned appears to be making people sicker.
The latest CDC analysis estimates that the ability of the COVID vaccines to keep a person out of the hospital is now between 75% to 95%.
For people older than 75 in particular, vaccine effectiveness against hospitalization experienced the steepest decline, from more than 90% to 80% between June and July.
The CDC made this announcement 11 days after its director said that people who received the Covid vaccine early on are at an increased risk for severe disease.
“We are seeing concerning evidence of waning vaccine effectiveness over time and against the Delta variant,” Walensky said a couple weeks ago.
Walensky continued, “Reports from our international colleagues, including Israel, suggest increased risk of SEVERE disease amongst those vaccinated early.”
Joe Biden is in discussions with Fauci for a Covid booster every 5 months.

as of August 23rd 11,050 fully vaccinated Americans have died from COVID. 171 Million people have been vaccinated ... thus ... .006% of the vaccinated population had a break through case and died. This is a increased from last month, when it was .0007%. The majority of those who died were 65+ and had pre-existing conditions (diabetes, lung disorders)

Math still shows that vaccines are the best defense against CV19 and all variants ..... to @Essolover4 's point there is incremental more benefit of natural infection and thus natural immunity .... but ...... there is a OCEAN of difference between the average 2% unvaxed mortality rate vs the .006% vaxxed mortality rate.

as of August 23rd 11,050 fully vaccinated Americans have died from COVID. 171 Million people have been vaccinated ... thus ... .006% of the vaccinated population had a break through case and died. This is a increased from last month, when it was .0007%. The majority of those who died were 65+ and had pre-existing conditions (diabetes, lung disorders)

Math still shows that vaccines are the best defense against CV19 and all variants ..... to @Essolover4 's point there is incremental more benefit of natural infection and thus natural immunity .... but ...... there is a OCEAN of difference between the average 2% unvaxed mortality rate vs the .006% vaxxed mortality rate.
Actually it is showing that natural immunity is the best protection.

Reactions: TigerGrowls
Actually it is showing that natural immunity is the best protection.

... ya ... "best" being a relative metric. The level/benefit of protection of natural immunity over vaccine immunity is incremental. What isnt incremental is the delta between an average of 2% and .006%.

edit: Lets play with the numbers. As of today there has been 39.2M cases of Covid with 639K deaths. Thats a mortality rate of 1.6%. Now for the sake of math, lets assume those 39.2M had all been vaccinated and we sustained a mortality rate of .006% (current mortality rate of breakthrough cases). That is 2352 deaths ....... a delta of 636,648 deaths .....

I suppose going around licking doorknobs in an attempt to get CV19 on purpose in order to get natural immunity DOES make more sense than eating horse dewormer because your crazy Uncle Chet or some random on Youtube says it cures COVID.

Last edited:
... ya ... "best" being a relative metric. The level/benefit of protection of natural immunity over vaccine immunity is incremental. What isnt incremental is the delta between an average of 2% and .006%.

I suppose going around licking doorknobs in an attempt to get CV19 on purpose in order to get natural immunity DOES make more sense than eating horse dewormer because your crazy Uncle Chet or some random on Youtube says it cures COVID.
You claimed vaccination was the best defense and it isn’t. Never advocated anyone to try to get Covid. I have always said all those who are at risk should get vaccinated. It should be a choice though. I didn’t have a choice .My kids and I both got Covid in January. I wore a mask everywhere kids were homeschooled had groceries delivered and we still got Covid. For me though having had Covid in January and still showing antibodies in my last test in August I don’t think I or anyone else who has had Covid should be forced to take a vaccine. That is all.

You claimed vaccination was the best defense and it isn’t. Never advocated anyone to try to get Covid. I have always said all those who are at risk should get vaccinated. It should be a choice though. I didn’t have a choice .My kids and I both got Covid in January. I wore a mask everywhere kids were homeschooled had groceries delivered and we still got Covid. For me though having had Covid in January and still showing antibodies in my last test in August I don’t think I or anyone else who has had Covid should be forced to take a vaccine. That is all.

This is what I said

to @Essolover4 's point there is incremental more benefit of natural infection ...and thus natural immunity

Oh ... Ok ...I get it .... (sigh)

yes ... natural immunity does provide a incremental better defense against COVID reinfection ... with the caveat that you run a substantial greater risk of DYING if you catch COVID the first time being unvaxxed.

And if you dont want to be vaxxed .... Ok .... fine BUT
1) Know that the vaccine greatly reduces the transmission rate and it is at transmission that mutations and variants form, THUS running the risk of spinning of new variants that current vaccines arent as effective against THUS requiring more boosters

2) If you get sick with Covid .... dont go to the hospital. You made the decision, so live (and possibly die) with it.

Reactions: CUbandcoach77
Articles like this are why people are so (and it’s reasonable) suspicious of the leading health organizations. I’d they had been forthright and transparent from the beginning things might be different. As I’ve mentioned before I’ve had it and recovered so I am opting out and going to trust my antibodies and God given immune system. In the grand scheme of things I had a mild case and I hope the same for everyone no matter what they choose regarding the vaccine . It’s is and should remain a personal decision.

Articles like this are why people are so (and it’s reasonable) suspicious of the leading health organizations. I’d they had been forthright and transparent from the beginning things might be different. As I’ve mentioned before I’ve had it and recovered so I am opting out and going to trust my antibodies and God given immune system. In the grand scheme of things I had a mild case and I hope the same for everyone no matter what they choose regarding the vaccine . It’s is and should remain a personal decision.

I hear you ... and I appreciate the stance on natural immunity .... but .... in order to get that natural immunity .... you had to get COVID.... and .... if Im doing the math right .... youre 268 times more likely to die of COVID unvaxxed vs vaxxed, where as per the article @dual_tiger posted natural immunity only provide 6 to 7 times more protection .....

If you dont want to get vaxxed ... fine .... cool .... but stop telling unvaxxed people who havent had COVID to not get the vaccine because "natural immunity" is better. Youre leaving out a VERY important part of the equation. Do the math yourself .....math doesnt lie

I hear you ... and I appreciate the stance on natural immunity .... but .... in order to get that natural immunity .... you had to get COVID.... and .... if Im doing the math right .... youre 268 times more likely to die of COVID unvaxxed vs vaxxed, where as per the article @dual_tiger posted natural immunity only provide 6 to 7 times more protection .....

If you dont want to get vaxxed ... fine .... cool .... but stop telling unvaxxed people who havent had COVID to not get the vaccine because "natural immunity" is better. Youre leaving out a VERY important part of the equation. Do the math yourself .....math doesnt lie
Are all age groups 268 more likely to die from COVID though? Your statement seems a little disingenuous. People’s age group does play a factor does it not? To lump everyone in the same category vaccinated vs unvaccinated seems to be a stretch. It seems you are leaving out a very important part of the equation.

Are all age groups 268 more likely to die from COVID though? Your statement seems a little disingenuous. People’s age group does play a factor does it not? To lump everyone in the same category vaccinated vs unvaccinated seems to be a stretch. It seems you are leaving out a very important part of the equation.
here is the thing ... I would take the effort to break down mortality by age, and the math would still check out. For younger folks it lowers their transmission rate drastically. Less transmission, less cases, less variants. THEN you'll ask me for the BMI of each age group, then pre-exsisting conditions, then this or that ..... Youre making excuses and there isnt a shred of empirical evidence that supports the cases your trying to make. Even when youre right, it equates to a big nothing burger.

Look, do what you want ... youre wrong and your opinions arent backed by science, math or anything resembling a rational thought, but .... I suppose that it is your right. Just if you get sick .... live with your decision ..... dont go to the Hospital.

I am not advising anyone to go get Covid. That being said if I had not already gotten it.......I would still opt out. If I was over 65 or older and had underlying health issues I may reconsider. That being said.....the survival rate is still over 98% (probably over 99% when you factor in the literally countless folks who had covid and never even went to the doctor or got tested). There is absolutely zero proof of what the long term consequence to the vaccine are. None. I understand the risk. What we should be upset about is that we are waiting until people are severely sick/ hospitalized before we start treating them. Name another disease that we don't treat at it's very onset. Early detection/treatment is what we should focus on for good outcomes and not overwhelming the hospitals. Ivermectin, Steroids, Regeneron, and vitamins prescribed at onset and we wouldn't have overwhelmed hospitals. Instead the medical industry is solely focusing on and pushing the shot that is proving every. damn. day. to be less and less effective. Let's put all our eggs in one giant unproven basket. Makes sense.

here is the thing ... I would take the effort to break down mortality by age, and the math would still check out. For younger folks it lowers their transmission rate drastically. Less transmission, less cases, less variants. THEN you'll ask me for the BMI of each age group, then pre-exsisting conditions, then this or that ..... Youre making excuses and there isnt a shred of empirical evidence that supports the cases your trying to make. Even when youre right, it equates to a big nothing burger.

Look, do what you want ... youre wrong and your opinions arent backed by science, math or anything resembling a rational thought, but .... I suppose that it is your right. Just if you get sick .... live with your decision ..... dont go to the Hospital.
Actually I haven’t made any claims that are not backed up by evidence. Natural immunity being better than vaccination is backed up by evidence. Risk of severe illness and death being minimal for 29 and under is backed up by evidence. These things are backed up by science. You claiming otherwise is not believing in science because it doesn’t fit your misguided narrative. You on the other hand are trying to group everyone into the same category. Making bold absolute statements. I also agree that everyone at high risk should get vaccinated. What I don’t agree with is that everyone that is unvaxxed are the same. If you are not wearing a mask avoiding large crowds and social distancing as per cdc guidelines it is you who should not go to the hospital when you get sick.

I am not advising anyone to go get Covid. That being said if I had not already gotten it.......I would still opt out. If I was over 65 or older and had underlying health issues I may reconsider. That being said.....the survival rate is still over 98% (probably over 99% when you factor in the literally countless folks who had covid and never even went to the doctor or got tested). There is absolutely zero proof of what the long term consequence to the vaccine are. None. I understand the risk. What we should be upset about is that we are waiting until people are severely sick/ hospitalized before we start treating them. Name another disease that we don't treat at it's very onset. Early detection/treatment is what we should focus on for good outcomes and not overwhelming the hospitals. Ivermectin, Steroids, Regeneron, and vitamins prescribed at onset and we wouldn't have overwhelmed hospitals. Instead the medical industry is solely focusing on and pushing the shot that is proving every. damn. day. to be less and less effective. Let's put all our eggs in one giant unproven basket. Makes sense.
I probably would have gotten it had I not got COVID. I am in good shape no health conditions and I run a far amount but my age group at 45 is at that border line. I wouldn’t even consider it for my kids though. Their risk is basically zero at their age. Outside of a slight cough and a short lived 100 degree temp for a day or two you wouldn’t have even thought my kids had a cold.

Reactions: TigerGrowls

This Harvard study says natural immunity is 27% more effective against Delta.

This is what I said

Oh ... Ok ...I get it .... (sigh)

yes ... natural immunity does provide a incremental better defense against COVID reinfection ... with the caveat that you run a substantial greater risk of DYING if you catch COVID the first time being unvaxxed.

And if you dont want to be vaxxed .... Ok .... fine BUT
1) Know that the vaccine greatly reduces the transmission rate and it is at transmission that mutations and variants form, THUS running the risk of spinning of new variants that current vaccines arent as effective against THUS requiring more boosters

2) If you get sick with Covid .... dont go to the hospital. You made the decision, so live (and possibly die) with it.
So you are arguing with a 99+ natural recovery rate?

This Harvard study says natural immunity is 27% more effective against Delta.

Harvard?

Reactions: clemsontiger02

By Cristina Laila
Published August 30, 2021 at 8:45pm
vaccines.jpg

The CDC on Monday came out and said Covid vaccines are less effective at preventing hospitalizations, particularly for people over 75.
The drop in vaccine effectiveness is being blamed on the Delta variant.
ABC reported:

The CDC made this announcement 11 days after its director said that people who received the Covid vaccine early on are at an increased risk for severe disease.
“We are seeing concerning evidence of waning vaccine effectiveness over time and against the Delta variant,” Walensky said a couple weeks ago.
Walensky continued, “Reports from our international colleagues, including Israel, suggest increased risk of SEVERE disease amongst those vaccinated early.”
Joe Biden is in discussions with Fauci for a Covid booster every 5 months.
@DW4_2016 @okclem no amount of science will convince these POS Neanderthal back woods uneducated bitches that they are on the wrong side of history. I would be lying to say that I won't enjoy their comeuppance. these ****ers are as ignorant as can be. It is a wonder they know how to log into their rivals account let alone pay for it...they are ignorant ****s. I suspect both of these bitches live at home and their parents pay for their addictions. Nothing else can explain their ignorance or amount of time they waste on this board replying to almost every thread. They lead pathetic lives as do most regressive liberals.

@DW4_2016 @okclem no amount of science will convince these POS Neanderthal back woods uneducated bitches that they are on the wrong side of history. I would be lying to say that I won't enjoy their comeuppance. these ****ers are as ignorant as can be. It is a wonder they know how to log into their rivals account let alone pay for it...they are ignorant ****s. I suspect both of these bitches live at home and their parents pay for their addictions. Nothing else can explain their ignorance or amount of time they waste on this board replying to almost every thread. They lead pathetic lives as do most regressive liberals.
your mom's house, but close.

That is such a stupid way to present "vaccine effectiveness". All it means it that a lot of people have not contracted Covid. It is manipulation of numbers that oversell the vaccine and that has been a huge issue with the CDC and messaging. Does the vaccine lessen hospitalizations and death? Yes, very much so. But what are the percentages for the unvaxxed and death since vaccines? Do we take the number of deaths and then divide it by the total number of unvaccinated people? Or should it be deaths divided by cases? To get a true sense of how the vaccine is working how about we divide deaths by actual breakthrough cases.

It would be like me stating that 4.5 million have died worldwide. There are 7.9 billion people in the world. Only .056% of unvaccinated people have died.

So the question remains, if Ivermectin is effective why are ER doctors refusing treatment and forcing ventilation treatments filling up more and more ICU beds?

Ohio Judge Orders Hospital to Treat Ventilated COVID-19 Patient With Ivermectin

Reactions: Essolover4
And on top of that I want to know out of all the people that died were they obese and did they have 4 or more underlying issues. I also heard today that a peer reviewed study shows that people who have used opioids have a much higher risk of catching COVID and not recovering. I thought that was interesting.

Reactions: Essolover4
ADVERTISEMENT