ADVERTISEMENT

Covid Vaccines.....

harristeeter

Lake Baikal
Gold Member
Feb 2, 2015
Has anyone been offered the vaccine yet, and if so, are you taking it?

My wife (nurse) received the email yesterday that the hospital is giving out the first round the end of next month. She has the choice to take it or not take it. She just has to turn in the survey by Sunday.

Second round is in the spring time. Apparently it’s the one from Pfizer, will be interesting to see how many take it.

Would you?

Reactions: tallulahtiger30319
I filled in the request yesterday to be a part of the test groups

quicker I get vaccine the better

I vaccinated myself up with everything the CDC recommends for adult males and then some due to travel

name it I took it

Newberry hospital and some Prisma workers will begin getting the vaccine by the end of November or in early December. Once the Emergency approval is given, there are a lot of places that it will be given immediately. Some shipments will be in route to their destinations before the approval is given. Just waiting on someone to say "go".

Has anyone been offered the vaccine yet, and if so, are you taking it?

My wife (nurse) received the email yesterday that the hospital is giving out the first round the end of next month. She has the choice to take it or not take it. She just has to turn in the survey by Sunday.

Second round is in the spring time. Apparently it’s the one from Pfizer, will be interesting to see how many take it.

Would you?
Why would you NOT take it?

We have a pandemic that has shut down major parts of the economy and the vaccine is >90% effective. I would be the first in line, especially if I were working in a hospital/healthcare.

Why would you NOT take it?

We have a pandemic that has shut down major parts of the economy and the vaccine is >90% effective. I would be the first in line, especially if I were working in a hospital/healthcare.

First and foremost, they have no idea what side affects there may be over the long haul. Several trials have been stopped due to adverse reactions.

Most things that are rushed have a higher likelihood of error.

I would normally not take it, same as the flu shot, but with the crazy shit the world has going on yes I’d get it. Just to get back to life. My 4 year olds will not be however.

The problem with the Pfizer vaccine will be storage. It states it has to be stored at minus 70 degrees celsius or below. Most of the hospitals, and distribution centers do not have that capability and will have to buy new freezers.

Reactions: cgoligh
I just hope FDA don't sit on their arse and drag this. The clock starts today for them to get this thing approved. They should been camping at Pfizer labs to get this approved fast.

Reactions: Intracoastal
First and foremost, they have no idea what side affects there may be over the long haul. Several trials have been stopped due to adverse reactions.

You can say that about a lot of medications. Usually 1-2 years of data of human trials is all that is needed for medications. It's not like they wait 10 years before approving a medication.

Of course I would. I trust science and I'd like to go out in public again without worry of spreading a pandemic. I was reading the other day about a healthy man who caught it in Texas and he ended up having a double lung replacement because his immune system went haywire with the viral infection.
I just want to go back into the office and move on with my life. So yes.

This is new RNA technology and unlike traditional DNA, which carries genetic information for every cell in the human body, messenger RNA directs the body’s protein production in a much more focused and safe way.

If it was available today I would take it.

I don't trust any news from china but they have already gave out million doses of sinovac vaccine to their people and I think it's old dna style vaccine.

Of course I would. I trust science and I'd like to go out in public again without worry of spreading a pandemic. I was reading the other day about a healthy man who caught it in Texas and he ended up having a double lung replacement because his immune system went haywire with the viral infection.
I just want to go back into the office and move on with my life. So yes.
Science isn’t something you just trust. Data isn’t up to interpretation. This blind ignorance is how the government has been able to try numerous pandemic experiments with no science to support.

The same experts are the ones that have spent the last 75 years trying to figure out what a healthy diet is lol. There comes a time people need to use their brains and practice independent thought.

trusting fact free science is why more people will die from covid preventative policies than the virus.

The problem with the Pfizer vaccine will be storage. It states it has to be stored at minus 70 degrees celsius or below. Most of the hospitals, and distribution centers do not have that capability and will have to buy new freezers.
Even if you meant Fahrenheit I’m not sure I understand the issue. Plenty of medications have that requirement.

Reactions: ChicagoTiger85
If it means getting back to normal, then I would take it. However, after listening to Biden's press conference yesterday, as a relatively young middle class white male who is not a front line worker I am probably a year or so out to having access.

Pfizer says that the dry ice they ship the vaccines in can last up to 15 days and the storage can be extended by adding more dry ice

This was NO ACCIDENT

China released the virus and helped spread i
I'm not a conspiracy theorist but I will go down the rabbit hole a little.

I have thought for a while that China has had a vaccine of their own OR there are people dying at an astonishing rate over there. It's one of the two. Every where else in the world, some places with amazing health care and restrictive measures, are having a tough time with this thing. Meanwhile China, one of the most populated countries on earth with terrible health care is reporting less than 100 cases per day and 91K total cases since March??? I don't know how or why the world isn't absolutely outraged at China. Are people not infuriated at those numbers? It's a slap in the face. They haven't lifted a freaking finger to help and have not been truthful from the start. They won't even let investigators in to try and locate the source. Meanwhile our own politicians are ripping each other apart over this thing when the bipartisan effort and finger pointing should be squarely on CHINA. It's unreal the pass they have been given and it's disgusting that we have some leaders in this country and around the world in other countries that refuse to publicly acknowledge the lack of cooperation from the harvesters of this disease that will kill millions and cost trillions.

it’s a vaccine. Pretty simple in how it works and what’s being used.

You’re more likely to have adverse events with that big fat burger and fries your going to eat this afternoon, but you don’t hesitate there, do you?

Adverse events shut trials down all the time. Most amount to headache and upset stomach and most of the time it’s placebo or unrelated.

My take, as well.
Why am I not surprised that the guy who feels the virus is a hoax and Trump would win every state in the land doesn’t plan to take the vaccine.

As for me, while I am over 60 (not quite 65), I will patiently wait my turn. First responders, teachers, residents of nursing homes, etc. all deserve to be vaccinated sooner than me. I will happily wear a mask in the interim.

Even if you meant Fahrenheit I’m not sure I understand the issue. Plenty of medications have that requirement.
That might be the temp for the Moderna vaccine that has the same requirement as the chicken pox vaccine. The Pfizer vaccine requires a temperature much lower and can can only be refrigerated for 5 days. The Moderna vaccine can be refrigerated for 30 days once taken out of the freezer.

Science isn’t something you just trust. Data isn’t up to interpretation. This blind ignorance is how the government has been able to try numerous pandemic experiments with no science to support.

The same experts are the ones that have spent the last 75 years trying to figure out what a healthy diet is lol. There comes a time people need to use their brains and practice independent thought.

trusting fact free science is why more people will die from covid preventative policies than the virus.
Do you vaccinate your children against measles, chicken pox, mumps? Were you old enough to take the polio vaccine on a sugar cube? Go ahead and use “independent thought” but don’t expect anyone to feel sorry for you when you are refused the opportunity to fly on a plane, attend a sporting event or a wedding or funeral because you lack proof of being vaccinated.

Do you vaccinate your children against measles, chicken pox, mumps? Were you old enough to take the polio vaccine on a sugar cube? Go ahead and use “independent thought” but don’t expect anyone to feel sorry for you when you are refused the opportunity to fly on a plane, attend a sporting event or a wedding or funeral because you lack proof of being vaccinated.
Perfect for me. A built in excuse to get to stay home.

Sign me up

Why am I not surprised that the guy who feels the virus is a hoax and Trump would win every state in the land doesn’t plan to take the vaccine.

As for me, while I am over 60 (not quite 65), I will patiently wait my turn. First responders, teachers, residents of nursing homes, etc. all deserve to be vaccinated sooner than me. I will happily wear a mask in the interim.

My entire family had it, we’re all okay. We’ve also had the flu before, none of us get a flu shot, and here we are, all okay.

You're more than welcome to look after yourself, and your own.

I'm pretty sick and tired of the irrational responses I see on here, when it's pretty clear that the truth is out there. The vaccine was not developed by Pfizer or Moderna. It was developed by the Syndicate to resist the alien virus known as "Purity," (Russian's called it "the black cancer"). The alien virus was of course intended to colonize earth via the death and/or mutation of the humans exposed to it. This was explained very clearly on Fox in the mid- to late-90's.

Good post.

That’s true about most medications. We don’t know if ADHD medicine messes up your heart, but everyone is taking it these days. I’ve been on it since I was 8 and I’m in my 20s. Does that mean I’m going to stop taking it out of fear? No.

I have no kids and I’m not anti-vaccine. I’m anti blind acceptance of all vaccines... things like Anti-Vaxxer are terms used to remover scientific discussions about if a vaccine works or worth the risk. Not all vaccines are the same and anyone who is 100% accepting of all vaccines rejects science.

I’m very pro “follow the science.” Issue is most people that say follow the science can’t produce the scientific data that they are following. WHO went from pro science free lockdowns, to admitting they don’t work, to now saying the work again... eventually you have to recognize the science keeps changing to fit policy...

We are in week 40 something of 2 more weeks to flatten the curve btw.

As a Phase III vaccine tester for the Moderna vaccine, hell yeah I'm taking it.

I"m still PO'ed I got the placebo instead of the real thing.

I will say that other people who got the real thing say the second booster shot -- a month after the first -- can pack a punch. Compared to a stronger version of the flu shot.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT