ADVERTISEMENT

****Dabo just said...

Larry_Williams

Senior Writer - Tigerillustrated.com
Staff
Oct 28, 2008
Basement
He was just asked if there will be anyone out this week because of COVID testing or contact tracing.

"There will definitely be some guys not available every week for every team," he said. "We'll have a few guys that I'm sure will not be able to play for whatever reason, whether it's some type of short-term injury thing or whether it's COVID protocols. That'll probably be the case from week to week."

Said it seems that coaches have decided to divulge on game days who is out and then go play.

Imagine this board an hour before gametime when it’s announced Trevor and Etienne are in Covid protocol and will miss the game

AgonizingGlisteningKomododragon-size_restricted.gif

Does anyone have any insight into who has already had Covid on the team?

Reactions: dickerj
Hold the line and don’t turn back as long as there is not a catastrophic case load that turns into serious illnesses. Football can be a great model for how society deals with the sickness but does not stop. You manage the issue with solid protocols that focus on the sick and not the healthy.

Reactions: agantt
I was watching Hard Knocks and one of the coaches said the team that handles the Covid situation the best would come out on top.

Reactions: BigTimeTiger
Saliva tests and quicker results make it practical to test more often.

There will be issues with players who had it early not showing antibodies later. So they still might get caught up in "protocol" if a roommate gets it.

Here is the problem. These kids don't live in a football dorm under the control of the football program... and they chose roomates/house-mates that they get along with, and not according to some plan to minimize the impact of a positive COVID Test. It's not the one guy who gets COVID, its the fact that that can take out his roommates as well. And as we know, upperclassmen tend to room with other upperclassmen. and upperclassmen tend to be starters more than freshmen.

Bockhorst mentioned in an interview (this site? TOS?) that he was roommates with Putnam (maybe others?). Lord only knows what other combinations of starters/2nd teamers are rooming with each other and could possibly be taken out for two games by a single positive covid test.

I personally have my fingers and toes crossed that we can successfully dodge bullets this year.

Saliva tests and quicker results make it practical to test more often.

There will be issues with players who had it early not showing antibodies later. So they still might get caught up in "protocol" if a roommate gets it.

Here is the problem. These kids don't live in a football dorm under the control of the football program... and they chose roomates/house-mates that they get along with, and not according to some plan to minimize the impact of a positive COVID Test. It's not the one guy who gets COVID, its the fact that that can take out his roommates as well. And as we know, upperclassmen tend to room with other upperclassmen. and upperclassmen tend to be starters more than freshmen.

Bockhorst mentioned in an interview (this site? TOS?) that he was roommates with Putnam (maybe others?). Lord only knows what other combinations of starters/2nd teamers are rooming with each other and could possibly be taken out for two games by a single positive covid test.

I personally have my fingers and toes crossed that we can successfully dodge bullets this year.

It is going to be an interesting season. 2 games already postponed in Big 12. Testing technology is getting better. Nobody had a crystal ball, but in retrospect it looks like an early November start date would have been best. I think you’d have Big 10 and Pac 12 playing if that was the case.

Reactions: cyclotiger
It is going to be an interesting season. 2 games already postponed in Big 12. Testing technology is getting better. Nobody had a crystal ball, but in retrospect it looks like an early November start date would have been best. I think you’d have Big 10 and Pac 12 playing if that was the case.

LOL. The big 10 and PAC 12 never wanted to play football. They are in shut down mode until after the election.

You schedule bye weeks like we did and play football. Over 110+ players on each roster. A free year of eligibility. The games will be played and life will go on. Waiting until November is kicking the can down the road and does nothing.

ADVERTISEMENT