ADVERTISEMENT

Damn, I feel sorry for the people of Minnisota.

He's probably no worse than the rest of the clowns we elect in this country. He's probably less corrupt than most.

This dude is on a "role" lately. Where's "St. Simmon's" at?

Minnesota ranks in top 5 nation wide in pubic education as well as infant mortality. Pretty good place to raise a family and such.

Originally posted by bcs summa:
that's true but we can thank him for Obamacare he's the one that put it over the top.
And I'm sure that the 7 million people who now have health care that did not have it previously do thank him. As well as any retiree who planned on living past 2016, when Medicare was set to run out of money.

As well as pretty much any American, since health care costs are now rising at the slowest rate...ever.

Our insurance has increased faster than ever thanks to the affordable care act. Both our companies blame it on the act. Great deal for the takers. Terrible for the givers. Those that pay the bills.

Recent wall street journal article talked about how health care costs are averaging less than 6% increase year over year. One of the first times in recent history it is below 10%. I hate this is happening to your company but it is not what is happening nationally.

Originally posted by dbjork6317:

that's true but we can thank him for Obamacare he's the one that put it over the top.
And I'm sure that the 7 million people who now have health care that did not have it previously do thank him. As well as any retiree who planned on living past 2016, when Medicare was set to run out of money.

As well as pretty much any American, since health care costs are now rising at the slowest rate...ever.
---------------------

Originally posted by PeeDeeOrange:
Our insurance has increased faster than ever thanks to the affordable care act. Both our companies blame it on the act. Great deal for the takers. Terrible for the givers. Those that pay the bills.

Hmm, two very different takes.

I'll throw in my experiences. My company is NOT raising premiums in 2015 for the first time in the 15 years I've been with them. My wife's company is also NOT raising premiums in 2015.[/QUOTE]

Originally posted by PeeDeeOrange:
I'm sorry that's happening to you. But, as a couple other posters mentioned, I don't believe it's an indication of what's going on nationally.

Personally I was very thankful for the ACT last January when I had lost my job. It covered me during my job search and allowed me to continue to get the prescriptions I needed, neither of which would have been affordable without the insurance.

So let me get this strate, Minnisota is a grate place for pubic educashun? Deer God....

Yes, yes, for the first time in our lives we will be taxed for simply being alive. Congrats?

Originally posted by andcam:
Recent wall street journal article talked about how health care costs are averaging less than 6% increase year over year. One of the first times in recent history it is below 10%. I hate this is happening to your company but it is not what is happening nationally.
I guess my company that employs over 8 million people is one of the company's that "this" is happening to. Open enrollment saw my part of the insurance increase by $2200.00 this year. Have you had open enrollment yet?

I guess I could have lowered my cost as I did have an option to take a less effective plan, but I have always had that option. 8 million employees is a pretty good factor of what is happening nationally. The polls that you speak of were taken before open enrollment. Nice try though.

I'm a physician and virtually nobody has insurance in SC that did not have it before. Because our idiotic state govt did not expand Medicaid. And also there is no provision to cover derelicts. Instead of Obamacare every American should be enrolled in Medicaid and if you want better then pay for it. Like England, not Canada. Obamacare is stupid because it uses insurance companies.

The only reason to feel sorry for Minnesotans is the weather.
This post was edited on 11/5 2:26 AM by semperfiger

Originally posted by semperfiger:

I'm a physician and virtually nobody has insurance in SC that did not have it before. Because our idiotic state govt did not expand Medicaid. And also there is no provision to cover derelicts. Instead of Obamacare every American should be enrolled in Medicaid and if you want better then pay for it. Like England, not Canada. Obamacare is stupid because it uses insurance companies.

The only reason to feel sorry for Minnesotans is the weather.
This post was edited on 11/5 2:26 AM by semperfiger
I tend to agree with this. One of Obama's bigger errors was thinking that if they went with a more conservative plan that involved insurance companies and an individual mandate (which Newt and his congress supported in '94) instead of a single payer type system that extended medicaid to cover everyone that he could get more bipartisan support.

Originally posted by SWUtigers:

Yes, yes, for the first time in our lives we will be taxed for simply being alive. Congrats?
we were already being taxed for the government to pay for unpaid medical bills from uninsured people who bankrupt.

Originally posted by jasper7765:

Originally posted by andcam:
I guess my company that employs over 8 million people is one of the company's that "this" is happening to. Open enrollment saw my part of the insurance increase by $2200.00 this year. Have you had open enrollment yet?

I guess I could have lowered my cost as I did have an option to take a less effective plan, but I have always had that option. 8 million employees is a pretty good factor of what is happening nationally. The polls that you speak of were taken before open enrollment. Nice try though.
I believe the increased cost and in my case increased deductibles, but 8 million employees? I've got to know which company in the US has 8 million on the payroll.

Now they'll just a a physician shortage starting around 2016.

Tons are getting out because they cannot pay the regulated overhead on the reduced reimbursements.
Plus, now the top talent is being steered to other more attractive/lucrative career paths.

People may be covered but that don't mean jack*ish if there's no one to see them.

Originally posted by 1Clemson:

I believe the increased cost and in my case increased deductibles, but 8 million employees? I've got to know which company in the US has 8 million on the payroll.
Wal-Mart is the largest employer in the US with 1.3 Million.

It is the only employer with over 500,000 in the US.

ADVERTISEMENT