ADVERTISEMENT

DeAndre Hopkins voiced his concerns on NFL's push to force players to get vaccinated.

92TigerME

Lake Baikal
Aug 5, 2018
“Never thought I would say this, but being put in a position to hurt my team because I don’t want to partake in the vaccine is making me question my future in the NFL,” said Arizona Cardinals wide receiver DeAndre Hopkins who took to social media to voice his concerns on the NFL’s push to force players to get vaccinated in a now-deleted tweet.

https://djhjmedia.com/rich/more-and...-the-leagues-new-covid-vaccination-protocols/

What if both teams go through a COVID-19 outbreak among unvaccinated players? Who wins then?

The wide receiver’s tweet got an immediate reaction on social media.

Jalen Ramsey, NFL All-Pro cornerback also responded to Hopkins’ tweet.

“Some of y’all clearly didn’t get what I’m saying here lol.. the NFL is pressuring/ ‘influencing’ guys to get the vaccine,” Ramsey said on Twitter. “They are saying if there is an outbreak, the team will be penalized heavily. My point is no teammate of mine will feel that pressure from me because whether you are vaccinated or not, there is still a chance of getting covid. I thought my point was simple but I guess not lol.

He added in another tweet, “Just because my teammate(s) personally decide not to get the vaccine, I won’t think they are a bad teammate.”

Ladies and gentlemen that right there is a red-blooded American, and it’s how everyone else should feel about it. Ramsey believes in freedom and it’s shocking how so many Americans no longer do.

Leonard Fournette, running back for the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, the Super Bowl championship team, also spoke out against the league, tweeting “Vaccine I can’t do it…”. He also deleted his tweet.

Can't wait for the NFL to try to enforce this BS when a vaccinated player tests positive and they try to make him pay the salary penalty while forfeiting games, when they have incentive bonuses that won't get paid out. The NFL is so myopic on this issue. So many lawsuits forthcoming.

It’s about the government controlling you. They are using the NFL as a litmus test to allow Americans to see what’s going to happen to them next if they don’t take the jab. They are measuring the outrage, so stand up and shout! This is totalitarianism.

Hopkins may have saved football. He may have saved the country

Its very hard to imagine being this scared of the vaccine. I thought liberals were scaredy-cats about covid, but this new anti-vaxxer demographic takes being dumb and scared to a whole new level
So, just out of curiosity, is there any vaccine that you wouldn’t inject? Are there any you are not 100% “up to date” on?

Appreciate the honest/cordial interaction, thank you. I can respect that line of thinking.

Are there any medications that you wouldn’t take if your doctor recommended them?
Yeah they're are probably medications I would question and get second opinions on, but that's a pretty wide net and would greatly depend on the symptoms I was experiencing.

Yeah they're are probably medications I would question and get second opinions on, but that's a pretty wide net and would greatly depend on the symptoms I was experiencing.
I agree COMPLETELY.

That’s exactly what people like Nuk are trying to do: weight the risk/reward.

In his age group and health profile, the COVID risk (NOT TO BE CONFUSED WITH CORONAVIRUS RISK) is extremely low.

So, his thought process is not “I’m scared of the big bad COVID jab”, it’s more of:

1) I have a right to choose and

2) The choice is based off of my individual risk profile

Anyways, thanks again. I appreciate when we can have cordial interactions.

I agree COMPLETELY.

That’s exactly what people like Nuk are trying to do: weight the risk/reward.

In his age group and health profile, the COVID risk (NOT TO BE CONFUSED WITH CORONAVIRUS RISK) is extremely low.
The risk is ***incredibly low*** for the vaccine too. Just take the prick, quit crying, and you never have to deal with covid protocols ever again....and that's the whole point really, I would absolutely hate getting cotton swabbed everyday

are there different policies in place for COVID positive people that are vaxxed or unvaxxed?

We know there is different criteria for what is considered positive covid for vaxxed and unvaxxed which is crazy. But have organizations, government, businesses set different quarantine, mask, attendance, distancing criteria for positive covid people depending on their vax/unvax.

So in the NFL if player A is vaxxed and Player B is unvaxxed and both test positive - are they treated different.

Oh, and yes, we are now seeing a different testing criteria based on vaxxed/unvaxxed. I believe most like the NFL just test vaxxed less.

The risk is ***incredibly low*** for the vaccine too. Just take the prick, quit crying, and you never have to deal with covid protocols ever again....and that's the whole point really, I would absolutely hate getting cotton swabbed everyday
1. You do not know what the overall risk profile is. That is not knowable at this stage. It could be as low as the clinical trials showed, it could be higher. We have much, much, much more data on the COVID risk profiles.

That’s one of the reasons why we have post marketing data collection and systems like VAERS (which of course isn’t fully reliable).

2. Sure perhaps he will take it because the behavioral consequences are overwhelming if he doesn’t. That’s most likely.

I'll take the vaccines my doctor tells me I need to take. I don't seek out vaccinations but Im also not scared of them
This line of thinking is what's wrong with America.

Dr says: take this vaccine, it'll make everything go back to normal
Patient: Sounds good

Dr says: take this pill, it'll fix...errr... mask... your BP
Patient: sounds good

Dr says: here take this pill, it'll fix...errr...mask...the side effects from your last pill

Never a mention of "Hey if you change your diet, you might can fix this from the inside"

Never a mention of "Hey eat Grapefruit, it'll help naturally lower your BP"

Truly unknown what the long term impact of the VAX is. short term risk is lower than getting the virus, but we don't know if there is impact down the road.
Its actually pretty well known that there aren't long term impacts from the vaccine. We know this because of how vaccines work.

This is not like taking a pill for a long period of time and having side effects.

This line of thinking is what's wrong with America.

Dr says: take this vaccine, it'll make everything go back to normal

Dr says: take this pill, it'll fix...errr... mask... your BP
Patient: sounds good

Dr says: here take this pill, it'll fix...errr...mask...the side effects from your last pill

Never a mention of "Hey if you change your diet, you might can fix this from the inside"

Never a mention of "Hey eat Grapefruit, it'll help naturally lower your BP"
Yeah thats all the same

Truly unknown what the long term impact of the VAX is. short term risk is lower than getting the virus, but we don't know if there is impact down the road.
There is actually zero published evidence the vaccine lowers the death rate of covid. The number of breakthrough cases have been drastically misrepresented. Also... We have fought In wars so Americans have the freedom to choose what we put into our bodies. This is not a dictatorship.

Its very hard to imagine being this scared of the vaccine. I thought liberals were scaredy-cats about covid, but this new anti-vaxxer demographic takes being scared to a whole new level
You're completely missing the point.

Can't wait for the NFL to try to enforce this BS when a vaccinated player tests positive and they try to make him pay the salary penalty while forfeiting games, when they have incentive bonuses that won't get paid out. The NFL is so myopic on this issue. So many lawsuits forthcoming.
I think the outbreak has to come from an unvaccinated player to apply

There is actually zero published evidence the vaccine lowers the death rate of covid. The number of breakthrough cases have been drastically misrepresented. Also... We have fought In wars so Americans have the freedom to choose what we put into our bodies. This is not a dictatorship.
What I also find fascinating is that people quote the initial Clinical Trial numbers as 10’s of thousands...

That’s a misinterpretation of the numbers. 10’s of thousands initially participated but not all of them become Rona-positive (in Placebo and Control).

Take Pfizer, for example, initially there were 44,000 volunteers (approx half P and half C) but only, IIRC, around 300 developed COVID symptoms.

So the efficacy rate is based off the people who contracted COVID, not the 44,000. That said, the UNSOLICITED Adverse Events would be based on the 44K.

Reactions: epancaro
We need to start with insurance not covering expenses of unvaccinated people, hospitals refusing admittance, etc. See if that gets us anywhere
Perhaps even restrict credit card access, cell phone access, ability to participate in banking, etc.

Then after just put the Unvaxxed into internment/labor camps amirite? Perhaps you’ll consider more extreme methods once the camps are put in place?

That’s really the only way to ensure the Vaxxed stay safe.

Last edited:
Its very hard to imagine being this scared of the vaccine. I thought liberals were scaredy-cats about covid, but this new anti-vaxxer demographic takes being scared to a whole new level
I generally don't like putting drugs into my system - that's just me.

So, as you can imagine, I'm really not enthusiastic about putting something in my body that doesn't have full FDA approval.

Also, the chances of death as a result of Covid are what? . . . less than 1/2 of one percent?

Lastly, I've already had Covid, and two points as it relates to that.
For me it was much like the flu.
Based on recent studies there seems to be possibilities that my antibodies as a result of having Covid are a better protector than the vaccine anyway.

My question is this with regard to the NFL policy and what seems to be college football's policy . . . .
The policies seem to punish the non-vaccinated players if they happen to contract and spread Covid.
Yet, nothing I've heard or read refers to what happens to a vaccinated player if he contracts and spreads it.

You know there are going to be vaccinated players that go out and get it because they think they're now bullet proof and then come back and give it to others on the team. Do they get off scott free?

It's just an interesting time when people who don't want to put a non-approved FDA drug in their body to protect them against a disease with a miniscule death rate are shamed.

I generally don't like putting drugs into my system - that's just me.

So, as you can imagine, I'm really not enthusiastic about putting something in my body that doesn't have full FDA approval.

Also, the chances of death as a result of Covid are what? . . . less than 1/2 of one percent?

Lastly, I've already had Covid, and two points as it relates to that.
For me it was much like the flu.
Based on recent studies there seems to be possibilities that my antibodies as a result of having Covid are a better protector than the vaccine anyway.

My question is this with regard to the NFL policy and what seems to be college football's policy . . . .
The policies seem to punish the non-vaccinated players if they happen to contract and spread Covid.
Yet, nothing I've heard or read refers to what happens to a vaccinated player if he contracts and spreads it.

You know there are going to be vaccinated players that go out and get it because they think they're now bullet proof and then come back and give it to others on the team. Do they get off scott free?

It's just an interesting time when people who don't want to put a non-approved FDA drug in their body to protect them against a disease with a miniscule death rate are shamed.
This is exactly it. Same situation I'm in. Covid at Halloween 2020...still antibodies in my system as of last week.

As for the NFL, what happens if a vaccinated player brings it the building...spreads it to the unvaccinated?
1. How do they prove that? I don't think they can​
2. How can they prove otherwise? I don't think they can​
3. So what's the point of it if #1 and #2 can't even be answered?​

Wow. What a statement.

How about not covering expenses of obese people. Smokers. Drug Abusers. Alcohol Abusers. I could on and on.

Why don't we just keep going?
We're on the same page

Can’t wait to see the memes if he gets COVID and doesn’t make it.

@Champs_16 you mean when he gets covid (whatever the current variant is) AFTER he gets vaccinated? Cause that seems to be a thing these days. You know injecting an emergency approved vaccine into your body hoping you don't get serious life altering side effects then finding out 6 months later you got Covid anyway. WTF is that? But don't you worry Big Pharma got another shot for you. And remember you can always demonize people that are exerting their freedom of choice to get you to your happy place. Waiting on ole joey and the blue hairs to sign a presidential order mandating every Merican get vaccinated YEARLY.

This is exactly it. Same situation I'm in. Covid at Halloween 2020...still antibodies in my system as of last week.

As for the NFL, what happens if a vaccinated player brings it the building...spreads it to the unvaccinated?
1. How do they prove that? I don't think they can​
2. How can they prove otherwise? I don't think they can​
3. So what's the point of it if #1 and #2 can't even be answered?​
Agreed.

Also, can you get tested to see if the antibodies are still in your system? Maybe a dumb question, but I hadn't heard that.

Reactions: clemsonu0219
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT