ADVERTISEMENT

DeAndre Hopkins voiced his concerns on NFL's push to force players to get vaccinated.

Among 36,523 participants who had no evidence of existing or prior SARS-CoV-2 infection by the time of the immunizations, there were 170 cases of COVID-19 observed with onset at least 7 days after the second dose; 8 cases occurred in vaccine recipients, and 162 in placebo recipients, corresponding to 95.0% vaccine efficacy (95% credible interval [CI, 90.3, 97.6]). Among participants with and without evidence of prior SARS CoV-2 infection, there were 9 cases of COVID-19 among vaccine recipients and 169 among placebo recipients, corresponding to 94.6% vaccine efficacy (95% CI [89.9, 97.3]).
Since you seem interested, knowledgable and respectful, I'd propose a "sidebar" with you. Perhaps even a cordial, documented, back and forth debate over a few months (I can post to a website). Especially if others would find it helpful so as to not continually clog up the WEZ as well.

There are a few oddities with the data that you submitted and, partly, IMO, it reveals my issue with the entire thing. First off, lets look at the MedScape article you sent...which...on the surface...looks like REALLY good data. Here's the problem, once you look just one step deeper, it seems to me, that there is something afoot...

Let me try to explain, with the caveat, that I am certainly open to being corrected by evidence if you can find it from the initial Author(s). Their Methods included:

"We used a test-negative case–control design to evaluate the effectiveness of vaccination against confirmed SARS-CoV-2 infection. This is a widely accepted design for determining vaccine effectiveness in a population after the introduction of a vaccine (15–17)."

Here's what that means according to #15 Reference (found here):

"Under the test-negative design for influenza VE, study subjects are all persons who seek care for an acute respiratory illness (ARI)."

What that means is that the testing is only done after presentation of symptoms that were bad enough to seek medical care. This certainly makes sense in a clinical setting; however, it DOES NOT go far to prove that the Vaccine is preventing actual Infection. Because, since the Vaccine DOES drive down observable/felt symptoms OF COVID, it is much less likely that those individuals, who are seeking ARI care, would be seeking the care because of Coronavirus Infection.

So, while the article seems to be a knock-down-drag-out argument, when you dig deeper, there's more to the story.

I would like to see overall data on "those who seek care for ARI" who have been Vaccinated for COVID vs Unvaccinated. That would be interesting.

Last edited:
Would you say it is a person's right then to at least wait until that type of data is available? That has been my beef. Can a person have the right to say "I am not opposed to taking it but I do want to wait until more data is out".

I know you are/were a doctor. If I remember correctly I asked you about my Mom when having her Gall Bladder removed. How much could we fight this virus naturally? If people took their diet and health more serious? Would that also help fight it along with meds/vaccines?

Do you feel that Ivermectin should be readily available to infected patients? I keep reading that it has been around for a long time and many people beat Covid using this drug.
Study in India shows simple itamin D in high doses can help prevent and treat COVID.

We warned you. I'll probably never get a flu shot again. The best defense is to stay fit and healthy. Feel free to donate to the drug companies. Soon they will all own their own Lürssen mega yacht and they will be laughing at you while drinking wine at the Monaco Yacht show every year.

We warned you. I'll probably never get a flu shot again. The best defense is to stay fit and healthy. Feel free to donate to the drug companies. Soon they will all own their own Lürssen mega yacht and they will be laughing at you while drinking wine at the Monaco Yacht show every year.
If you think you’re smarter than the person in the picture you should really reassess your life. You have posted much worse arguments with fewer facts to back it up.

I'll take the vaccines my doctor tells me I need to take. I don't seek out vaccinations but Im also not scared of them
And if your doctor told you to jump off a bridge would you do that also without asking why?

That’s the problem with people who have a hard time with why other just won’t take the jab. Sorry, legalized drug dealers who peddled Oxi for years and killed many and addicted more are going to tell me what is safe for my body?

I will go to a doctor/surgeon for advice on my broken bones, heart, brain, but I do not trust the pills they tell you to take or the shots. Big Pharma has way too much control here.

We need to start with insurance not covering expenses of unvaccinated people, hospitals refusing admittance, etc. See if that gets us anywhere
That’s a great start... for the border crisis

Yeah same thing. A shot that does hardly anything (unless you are really dumb and don't understand how vaccines work), a cripplingly addictive pain killer and jumping off a bridge. Smart analogy. And luckily I have never had a bad, pill-pushing doctor like you apparently have....good doctors are not hard to find and identify if you have any common sense at all.
That's not true. The shot doesn't care how dumb you are.

Reactions: TM2013
Pushing this vaccine on people is wrong. It was developed under expedited reasons for the purpose of helping the most vulnerable. Not to force young football players to take it. Keep in mind, the clinical trials were started before animal testing was complete and they still don't know what the variants will be from all those hundreds of thousands of clinical trial test will be because there hasn't been enough time.

So they came up with another lie.

The new lie is that the variants are caused by people who didn't get vaccinated.

Reactions: CUTiger1977
Pushing this vaccine on people is wrong. It was developed under expedited reasons for the purpose of helping the most vulnerable. Not to force young football players to take it. Keep in mind, the clinical trials were started before animal testing was complete and they still don't know what the variants will be from all those hundreds of thousands of clinical trial test will be because there hasn't been enough time.

So they came up with another lie.

The new lie is that the variants are caused by people who didn't get vaccinated.
Your parents must be closely related.

• Haha
Reactions: dpic73
And if your doctor told you to jump off a bridge would you do that also without asking why?

That’s the problem with people who have a hard time with why other just won’t take the jab. Sorry, legalized drug dealers who peddled Oxi for years and killed many and addicted more are going to tell me what is safe for my body?

I will go to a doctor/surgeon for advice on my broken bones, heart, brain, but I do not trust the pills they tell you to take or the shots. Big Pharma has way too much control here.

Sweet Jesus this guy doesn’t trust medicine. Do you believe the moon landing was faked?

He may be a barrel of dicks guy like johnhough

I'm just imagining you and your group of friends rolling on the floor laughing because they think you OwNeD tHe LiBs with your "Barrel of dick's" comment.

On a scale of 1-10, how clever did you think your comment was?

I'm just imagining you and your group of friends rolling on the floor laughing because they think you OwNeD tHe LiBs with your "Barrell of dick's" comment.

On a scale of 1-10, how clever did you think your comment was?
I’m for equal rights, so are you saying gay people shouldn’t be afforded the same publicity in jokes?

He man, have you decided to stand for something? No? That’s what I figured, just another lame attempt to belittle someone who you know nothing about.

I’m for equal rights, so are you saying gay people shouldn’t be afforded the same publicity in jokes?

He man, have you decided to stand for something? No? That’s what I figured, just another lame attempt to belittle someone who you know nothing about.

Oh this one was super clever too! OwN ThE LiBs!!!

ADVERTISEMENT