ADVERTISEMENT

DeAndre Hopkins voiced his concerns on NFL's push to force players to get vaccinated.

I don’t think we could fight it naturally. Honestly don’t know about that drug, but I’m a surgeon. Retired at that. If nothing had ever been done it is certainly possible that this virus would run its course after taking a terrible toll.
I just know that it seems a large portion of deaths/serious illness from the virus seemed to attack overweight people. That is why I asked. Thanks for your replies!

Reactions: clemsonu0219
That proud Daniel High School graduate just proved what a moron he is.

Not sure what your point is but no one said it was 100% effective, but it is 95% effective against severe disease, hospitalization and death. If everyone took it, John Rahm wouldn't have had to forfeit but it did protect him from getting sick, so not sure why he would question it. And NO ONE is being forced to take it. Nuk has the choice not to but that doesn't mean there won't be consequences.
Wait. If what you are saying is true.... Why did Rahm even have to get tested? The NCAA has a threshold that if a team is 85% vaccinated then no players will be tested. This is the part that is confusing. The rules and guidelines seem to change daily.

That sounds reasonable. It seems to be a good bit of evidence that if you get the disease you were only protected against the variant you got. But I would like to see true data on that not just the new snips that I have heard.
That’s a good point and the data will be interesting.

I would also like to see what heterosubtypic immunity will bring, like Influenza.

Wait. If what you are saying is true.... Why did Rahm even have to get tested? The NCAA has a threshold that if a team is 85% vaccinated then no players will be tested. This is the part that is confusing. The rules and guidelines seem to change daily.
I don't know the rules for golfers and testing but that's a red herring anyway. If 85% of the population would have gotten vaccinated, we would already have herd immunity.

This is part of my beef with the narratives...they don’t make sense.

The mRNA Vaccines are for COVID-19 (which is a DISEASE caused by SARS-NCoV-2. The mRNA Vaccines are NOT for the Virus.

I don't know the rules for golfers and testing but that's a red herring anyway. If 85% of the population would have gotten vaccinated, we would already have herd immunity.

If vaccinated people still contract Covid, as they do, then no amount of vaccinated people will create herd immunity. How can you not see that?

If vaccinated people still contract Covid, as they do, then no amount of vaccinated people will create herd immunity. How can you not see that?
Exactly. Not herd immunity in the sense of protection from acquiring the Virus. If it’s herd immunity from COVID, then it would need to be 100%.

The numbers don’t make much sense to me anyways bc ignore natural immunity entirely.

Herd Immunity, using any historic definition, is reached by either inoculation (if the Vaccine was for the Virus) OR natural viral immunity.

What’s actually even more fascinating is do the Inoculations actually create more Asymptotic Hosts bc the symptoms are diminished? Meaning, the Vaccinated actually pose the risk to the Unvaccinated bc they have less perceived knowledge of infection than they otherwise would’ve had...that’s very theoretical, however.

Reactions: gotigers24
Because if vaccinated people are only around other vaccinated people, the chances for transmission is extremely low. The Delta variant seems to be a game changer due to it's high viral load and ability to transmit but we could have kept it from establishing itself here if we all would have gotten vaccinated when it became available.

Reactions: yoshi121374
Because if vaccinated people are only around other vaccinated people, the chances for transmission is extremely low. The Delta variant seems to be a game changer due to it's high viral load and ability to transmit but we could have kept it from establishing itself here if we all would have gotten vaccinated when it became available.

Instead of pushing the JAB, why not test for antibodies on the ones that had COVID….with the mandates the NFL is trying to implement for non vac players of being tested every week, test for antibodies monthly up to a year. I am one year from having had COVID and still have antibodies. Glad I have a doctor that is NOT pushing me to take the JAB because of my antibodies.
My take on getting vaccinated is the following:
1. Should not take the jab if you already have what the vac puts into your body.
2. Not FDA approved…only emergency approved. I basically had the flu for 10 days..worn me out, but did not kill me and never did I think I was going to die. There are several treatment plans for COVID that are able to cure the virus. The MSM does not want you to know that. Also, you can treat the flu.
3. Anytime the government is forcing the issue of taking the Jab, you need to do your research. There is something wrong when states are giving away a million dollar lottery if you take the JAB. A free hamburger or donuts is not worth putting chemicals in my body until I know what the long term effects are.
4. I will make my own decisions about taking the Jab and not be forced.…especially when I am already contributing to herd immunity…as some of you say would make this all go away. A lot of people had COVID before the Vac…..test for antibodies and then decide what is needed.

As I read a lot of these comments on here, there are a lot of different opinions on the vaccine. Question is, who is right or who is wrong…take the jab and your can still get COVID….take the jab and you can still infect people….take the jab and you still do not know the long term effects…take the jab and you could develop other underlining conditions…take the jab and it could have more effects on the underlining conditions that you already had……don’t take the jab and you are scorned…Do we have all of the answers….NO we do not.

This is foolishness from Hopkins. It’s kind of amazing how many people who don’t seem interested in understanding any of this stuff feel like they need to pontificate about it. A lot of the posts in this thread make no sense, but I guess they seem clever to people who want reasons not to get vaccinated or to oppose mass vaccination.

One sort of amusing thing is that the anti-Covid vaxxers will use similar scare language: “experimental vaccine;” “jab;” “long term side effects,” etc

Last edited:
And risk from the vaccine is even lower, so should be an easy choice.

The risk is ***incredibly low*** for the vaccine too. Just take the prick, quit crying, and you never have to deal with covid protocols ever again....and that's the whole point really, I would absolutely hate getting cotton swabbed everyday
I’ve used this anecdote on here before so I don’t want to sound like a broken record….BUT, one of my good friend’s 33 year old coworker had a heart attack and died less than 3 hours after getting his 2nd Covid shot

Maybe it’s one in 300 million. But maybe it’s not. I just don’t understand how people can be called “idiots” or “wackos” if they don’t get the shot because they’re fearful or suspect of side effects, but there’s no comprehensive, reported data acknowledging this sort of thing that I’ve seen - which is exactly why those people aren’t getting the shots.

If someone said there’s a 1 in 300 million chance, definitively, that you can literally die then people would have that data point. But all the things I’ve seen reported are “it’s completely safe” or “there’s not enough supporting evidence that it’s not safe”

I’m a healthy and active 30 year old man; I had Covid early on in the pandemic and experienced very mild flu-like symptoms for less than a week. I also have a family history of heart disease. Personally I feel like any potential or unknown side effects are more dangerous to me than the actual disease itself, that’s why I feel the way I feel about it 🤷🏻‍♂️

Antibody test can be done through blood work in a doctors office…..very common. Also can be tested for free if you donate blood, which is what my husband did.
Antibody tests shouldn’t be used to determine if you have immunity, though.

Not sure what your point is but no one said it was 100% effective, but it is 95% effective against severe disease, hospitalization and death. If everyone took it, John Rahm wouldn't have had to forfeit but it did protect him from getting sick, so not sure why he would question it. And NO ONE is being forced to take it. Nuk has the choice not to but that doesn't mean there won't be consequences.
That’s fair it’ll be interesting to see what ends up happening. Actions do have consequences in the nfl, like that kneeling QB that played for the 49ers found out.

I’ve used this anecdote on here before so I don’t want to sound like a broken record….BUT, one of my good friend’s 33 year old coworker had a heart attack and died less than 3 hours after getting his 2nd Covid shot

Maybe it’s one in 300 million. But maybe it’s not. I just don’t understand how people can be called “idiots” or “wackos” if they don’t get the shot because they’re fearful or suspect of side effects, but there’s no comprehensive, reported data acknowledging this sort of thing that I’ve seen - which is exactly why those people aren’t getting the shots.

If someone said there’s a 1 in 300 million chance, definitively, that you can literally die then people would have that data point. But all the things I’ve seen reported are “it’s completely safe” or “there’s not enough supporting evidence that it’s not safe”

I’m a healthy and active 30 year old man; I had Covid early on in the pandemic and experienced very mild flu-like symptoms for less than a week. I also have a family history of heart disease. Personally I feel like any potential or unknown side effects are more dangerous to me than the actual disease itself, that’s why I feel the way I feel about it 🤷🏻‍♂️
The risk of heart problems from COVID is much higher than any risk from the vaccine. The irony in what you’re saying is that you’re actually more skeptical of the vaccine because it’s so safe. But rumors about problems and anecdotes are convincing people that there must be a problem, even if there isn’t (or if that problem is minuscule, especially relative to COVID).

That said, you’re probably fine if you’ve already had COVID, although vaccination should boost your immunity, and vaccination will make you more sure of immunity and ability to keep from spreading the virus.

Because he was pressuring the FDA to rush it and make it available BEFORE the election. He didn't care if they hadn't finished their trials, he just thought it would help him win. Safety be damned.
There is and always was a treatment plan that could cure the virus…..and he did not push the vaccine like Biden is doing. When Trump was in office, Biden was against the vaccine…..now they are pushing down our throats with threats…..

Reactions: Essolover4
No, it’s just that antibody tests aren’t intended to test for immunity. That’s according to the FDA and the companies that make them.
Well the mere presence of antibodies, in general, don’t grant immunity, sure. It’s not a guarantee.

However, an adequate amount of antibodies SHOULD confer immunity, at some titer level.

One example:

Unfortunately, it is not yet known if detection of anti–SARS-CoV-2 antibodies by commercial clinical laboratory assays is associated with protective immunity. It is possible that protection requires achieving a specific quantity of a specific subtype of antibody. It is also possible that to achieve protection, antibodies must bind to specific epitopes on the virus, which may differ from the epitopes that are targeted in the commercial assays. Thus, we simply do not know if the seroprevalence of antibodies to SARS-CoV-2 that are detected by commercial assays will ultimately translate into protective herd immunity as the virus continues to spread.

Conversely, it is possible that people exposed to SARS-CoV-2 are protected against future infection regardless of whether they have measurable antibody titers or not. The role of T cells in protective immunity against COVID-19, and the association between immunity based on antibodies and memory T cells, remains undefined. Indeed, there are reasons to be optimistic that prior exposure to the virus does lead to protective immunity. Nearly a year into the COVID-19 pandemic, there have been more than 30 million confirmed infections, but extremely few documented cases of reinfection with SARS-CoV-2 throughout the world.7 If natural infection did not lead to a high degree of protection, many more reinfections would be expected. Furthermore, analysis of convalescent plasma reveals that most individuals with symptomatic COVID-19 mount neutralizing antibody responses to SARS-CoV-2.8 Based on immunological experience with other viruses, the presence of neutralizing antibodies is likely associated with protection. Thus, until more data become available, it is reasonable to assume that natural infection with SARS-CoV-2 may lead to protective immunity and prior infection may be closely associated with protection. Furthermore, protection from natural infection suggests that vaccines should induce protective immunity”.

It’s not that the antibodies don’t allude to protection, it’s that they don’t guarantee it.

There is and always was a treatment plan that could cure the virus…..and he did not push the vaccine like Biden is doing. When Trump was in office, Biden was against the vaccine…..now they are pushing down our throats with threats…..
I've already explained why Biden showed skepticism and even linked two articles to illustrate why he was concerned, as were the majority of the public. But Biden is right to push the vaccine, because it is a life saver. Stop pretending like this is anything but the fact that you're mad that Trump lost. You're not fooling anybody.

"When Hahn and FDA vaccine chief Peter Marks laid out beefed-up requirements for vaccine authorization in October, they virtually ended any chance of a vaccine before Election Day. By that time, public confidence had plummeted: Nearly two-thirds of Americans believed that FDA would speed decisions because of Trump's pressure, according to a September Kaiser Family Foundation poll."

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT