ADVERTISEMENT

DeAndre Hopkins voiced his concerns on NFL's push to force players to get vaccinated.

Until he takes a knee for the National Anthem. Unwoke on one issue too woke on another. I love him I hate him. USA 2021.
No. I'm cool if he takes a knee. I'm all WOKE ass now. DH saved football and possibly my job if Duke-Energy requires the vax.

Agreed.

Also, can you get tested to see if the antibodies are still in your system? Maybe a dumb question, but I hadn't heard that.
The red cross checks for covid antibodies every time you give blood, shows up in your online profile

I had the VID in January and as of two months ago, still have antibodies. I'll find out if I still have them next week

Reactions: Essolover4
I do, but I think the way people are treating this like it’s a team sport is pretty ridiculous.
It’s beyond ridiculous really. I’ve said it before but from my unbiased perspective this whole virus issue is just a guise for people to direct hate and animosity toward people who vote differently than they do.

Its very hard to imagine being this scared of the vaccine. I thought liberals were scaredy-cats about covid, but this new anti-vaxxer demographic are taking it to a whole new level
Actually you have it wrong.

The scared people are the ones getting the vaccine. They think they are going to die if they don't get it.

The risk of heart problems from COVID is much higher than any risk from the vaccine. The irony in what you’re saying is that you’re actually more skeptical of the vaccine because it’s so safe. But rumors about problems and anecdotes are convincing people that there must be a problem, even if there isn’t (or if that problem is minuscule, especially relative to COVID).

That said, you’re probably fine if you’ve already had COVID, although vaccination should boost your immunity, and vaccination will make you more sure of immunity and ability to keep from spreading the virus.
I get what you’re saying and it makes sense. But it isn’t just a rumor. I’m saying that I know of an actual example, first hand, of the vaccine killing someone in my age group.

Hard for me to say that there “isn’t a problem” when I have seen this actual problem firsthand. Again, maybe the odds are very low. I’m just not willing to rush into putting something so novel into my body when, the very disease it is supposed to “prevent” had very little effect on me at all

I’m just down for everyone being free to make their own personal choices: uninformed, irrational, or not.

If Trump would have won would 90% of Democrats not be vaccinated?
No, we would still be vaccinated because this should not be a referendum on Trump, like Republicans have made it. You're mad he lost, we get it but that's a terrible reason to downplay the vaccine.

Last edited:
Reactions: yoshi121374
I assume everyone in this thread had the same stance when Nuk shared ideas different from their own? Just making an observation is all
It was obvious what you were doing. I just wanted you to understand that the reference to shut up and dribble was in regards to a famous NBA player that didn't go to college.

No, we would still be vaccinated because this should not be a referendum on Trump, which Republican's have made it. You're mad he lost, we get it but that's a terrible reason to downplay the vaccine.
I'm not mad Trump lost. He's almost a big a threat to freedom as Biden and he's the one that started this whole shutdown thing to slow the spread. I'm mad as hell the Democrats stole two Senate Seats in GA.

• Haha
Reactions: dpic73
It was obvious what you were doing. I just wanted you to understand that the reference to shut up and dribble was in regards to a famous NBA player that didn't go to college.
Which is why I referenced the shut up and dribble “crowd” not directly the statement itself

I get what you’re saying and it makes sense. But it isn’t just a rumor. I’m saying that I know of an actual example, first hand, of the vaccine killing someone in my age group.

Hard for me to say that there “isn’t a problem” when I have seen this actual problem firsthand. Again, maybe the odds are very low. I’m just not willing to rush into putting something so novel into my body when, the very disease it is supposed to “prevent” had very little effect on me at all

I’m just down for everyone being free to make their own personal choices: uninformed, irrational, or not.
I wasn’t saying that was a rumor, but it’s anecdotal. The problem with that is that when hundreds of millions of people get vaccinated, it’s almost certain that some are going to die soon after. VAERS picks that up whether or not it has anything to do with the vaccines, but they try to look for little blips in the data (“signals”) that indicate a cluster of the same problem happening more than would be expected normally.

As far as I know, there aren’t any signals for serious cardiac issues. The only signal I know of related to cardiac stuff is the myocarditis one, but that was for younger people and it isn’t considered serous. It was also very, very rare. Also, remember they paused the JJ vaccine for the signal they found among young women, even though that issue was also extremely rare.

I’m also for people making personal choices, because that’s how we’ve always dealt with vaccination. However, we’ve also had certain vaccinations required for participation in certain things, and that’s because vaccination isn’t a decision that only affects you. But I'd ignore me and talk to your doctor, probably.

Last edited:
It’s beyond ridiculous really. I’ve said it before but from my unbiased perspective this whole virus issue is just a guise for people to direct hate and animosity toward people who vote differently than they do.
The virus is a real thing. But some people have certainly used it the way you described. That shouldn’t make all of us react by politicizing things even more.

OR they care that OTHER PEOPLE may die if they don't get it.
Or they just want the pandemic to end. It doesn’t have to be about people dying. Unfortunately, a lot of people are taking these performative/virtue signaling stands that have nothing to do with what’s going on with the virus. That really is a both sides problem, although the people refusing to get vaccinated are causing more of a problem for the rest of us.

The Vaccine is for COVID-19 NOT SARS-CoV-2.
I think you’re making way too much of that. Technically, we test for COVID-19, too. The vaccines are pretty effective at keeping people from getting the virus, but they’re even more effective at keeping people from getting really sick from it.

Reactions: clemsonu0219
Are we talking vaccinations or abortions? It's interesting how pro-choice this board has become. You all have come a long way
"My body, my choice" is the "logic" the left uses to justify abortion. Funny how they can't apply that same thought to the vaccine that really is a "My body, my choice" issue unlike abortion.

How bout the NFL does this? If you're afraid of catching COVID from teammates or opposing teams, then you don't play. If you're afraid, fine we'll replace you. That seems more logical to me than forced virtue signaling.

Well the mere presence of antibodies, in general, don’t grant immunity, sure. It’s not a guarantee.

However, an adequate amount of antibodies SHOULD confer immunity, at some titer level.

One example:

Unfortunately, it is not yet known if detection of anti–SARS-CoV-2 antibodies by commercial clinical laboratory assays is associated with protective immunity. It is possible that protection requires achieving a specific quantity of a specific subtype of antibody. It is also possible that to achieve protection, antibodies must bind to specific epitopes on the virus, which may differ from the epitopes that are targeted in the commercial assays. Thus, we simply do not know if the seroprevalence of antibodies to SARS-CoV-2 that are detected by commercial assays will ultimately translate into protective herd immunity as the virus continues to spread.

Conversely, it is possible that people exposed to SARS-CoV-2 are protected against future infection regardless of whether they have measurable antibody titers or not. The role of T cells in protective immunity against COVID-19, and the association between immunity based on antibodies and memory T cells, remains undefined. Indeed, there are reasons to be optimistic that prior exposure to the virus does lead to protective immunity. Nearly a year into the COVID-19 pandemic, there have been more than 30 million confirmed infections, but extremely few documented cases of reinfection with SARS-CoV-2 throughout the world.7 If natural infection did not lead to a high degree of protection, many more reinfections would be expected. Furthermore, analysis of convalescent plasma reveals that most individuals with symptomatic COVID-19 mount neutralizing antibody responses to SARS-CoV-2.8 Based on immunological experience with other viruses, the presence of neutralizing antibodies is likely associated with protection. Thus, until more data become available, it is reasonable to assume that natural infection with SARS-CoV-2 may lead to protective immunity and prior infection may be closely associated with protection. Furthermore, protection from natural infection suggests that vaccines should induce protective immunity”.

It’s not that the antibodies don’t allude to protection, it’s that they don’t guarantee it.

Oh, for sure, I just was saying that these tests are not really intended to tell you about immunity.

"My body, my choice" is the "logic" the left uses to justify abortion. Funny how they can't apply that same thought to the vaccine that really is a "My body, my choice" issue unlike abortion.
What if it's not valid in either case? Do you think it is?

How bout the NFL does this? If you're afraid of catching COVID from teammates or opposing teams, then you don't play. If you're afraid, fine we'll replace you. That seems more logical to me than forced virtue signaling.
How about if you're afraid of the vaccine, you don't play? Why should the people who have taken positive steps to end the pandemic be penalized instead of the non-vaxxed?

How about if you're afraid of the vaccine, you don't play? Why should the people who have taken positive steps to end the pandemic be penalized instead of the non-vaxxed?
At some point, they'll have to just have the people afraid of the virus not play and the rest of the league will go on, as normal. For now, though, the league is still being cautious- like every other sports league. At least the vaccine gives us a way to not have to cancel and postpone games, as long as they're also being cautious about the virus.

Once again, though, this just sort of puts things into relief: the people who oppose these policies just want all of the mitigation strategies gone, and they want them gone now. They think the options are having everything be normal, or have mitigation strategies, rather than the options being not playing at all, having a situation where we have harsher mitigation strategies and games are postponed or just not played, or these vaccine-based mitigation strategies.

As for the vaccine, absolutely. I'm vaccinated, but it was my choice. No one else has the right to tell me what I have to put in my body.
Do you only feel that way about this vaccine, or about all vaccines? What about the medication your doctor prescribes you? Also, is anybody trying to force you to get a vaccine? If not, then how is people telling you that you need a vaccine different than the pretty normal situations where people tell you what you need to put in your body?

I think you’re making way too much of that. Technically, we test for COVID-19, too. The vaccines are pretty effective at keeping people from getting the virus, but they’re even more effective at keeping people from getting really sick from it.

Well we can definitely agree that the COVID Vaccine is effective at keeping people from getting really sick. That I think is clear from the evidence. Especially those that are more vulnerable.

With regards to “keeping people from getting the virus” I just don’t think the evidence is there and, after all, it wasn’t the design of them in the first place. It could be, sure, but the design was to diminish the severity of the symptoms.

But the testing is where we end up with issues, which is really an entirely different discussion. The RT-PCR test is not a test for an ACTIVE Virus so we end up with a smorgasbord of theories based off small HMO’s or pockets of people.

Oh, for sure, I just was saying that these tests are not really intended to tell you about immunity.
Fair enough. Agreed

Well we can definitely agree that the COVID Vaccine is effective at keeping people from getting really sick. That I think is clear from the evidence. Especially those that are more vulnerable.

With regards to “keeping people from getting the virus” I just don’t think the evidence is there and, after all, it wasn’t the design of them in the first place. It could be, sure, but the design was to diminish the severity of the symptoms.

But the testing is where we end up with issues, which is really an entirely different discussion. The RT-PCR test is not a test for an ACTIVE Virus.

Fair enough. Agreed
What I'm saying is that keeping people from getting the virus was in the design. They tested for that in the clinical trials.

I'm not sure what you're trying to say about the PCR test.

What I'm saying is that keeping people from getting the virus was in the design. They tested for that in the clinical trials.
Where? Which clinical trial? Which Vaccine? I’m open to changing my view here depending upon how they tested for live, replicating Virus.

Where? Which clinical trial? Which Vaccine? I’m open to changing my view here depending upon how they tested for live, replicating Virus.

Among 36,523 participants who had no evidence of existing or prior SARS-CoV-2 infection by the time of the immunizations, there were 170 cases of COVID-19 observed with onset at least 7 days after the second dose; 8 cases occurred in vaccine recipients, and 162 in placebo recipients, corresponding to 95.0% vaccine efficacy (95% credible interval [CI, 90.3, 97.6]). Among participants with and without evidence of prior SARS CoV-2 infection, there were 9 cases of COVID-19 among vaccine recipients and 169 among placebo recipients, corresponding to 94.6% vaccine efficacy (95% CI [89.9, 97.3]).

This line of thinking is what's wrong with America.

Dr says: take this vaccine, it'll make everything go back to normal
Patient: Sounds good

Dr says: take this pill, it'll fix...errr... mask... your BP
Patient: sounds good

Dr says: here take this pill, it'll fix...errr...mask...the side effects from your last pill
Patient: Sounds good

Never a mention of "Hey if you change your diet, you might can fix this from the inside"

Never a mention of "Hey eat Grapefruit, it'll help naturally lower your BP"
are you mentally retarded? you dont think a doctor has ever told a patient to alter their diet?

seriously, i dont know where you people come up with these facts. sounds like an entertaining read to be honest.

When the vaccine first came out the Left was against it. Harris said she would not trust anything that came out under Trump. You are right. It is political.
What I remember Harris saying was she was against Trump jumping the FDA and pushing the vaccine before the FDA cleared it. I dont think she said she was against ever taking it had Trump won. Maybe there is something I missed though. I just recall her saying that in the debate vs Pence.

@Champs_16 you mean when he gets covid (whatever the current variant is) AFTER he gets vaccinated? Cause that seems to be a thing these days. You know injecting an emergency approved vaccine into your body hoping you don't get serious life altering side effects then finding out 6 months later you got Covid anyway. WTF is that? But don't you worry Big Pharma got another shot for you. And remember you can always demonize people that are exerting their freedom of choice to get you to your happy place. Waiting on ole joey and the blue hairs to sign a presidential order mandating every Merican get vaccinated YEARLY.
who said you wouldnt get COVID if you had the shot? maybe education would fix ignorance, but in your case i would bet all hope is lost.

You're completely missing the point.
yeah. antivaxxers aren't scared they're just smarter than all the vaccine researchers and doctors out there who have overwhelmingly gotten the shot. must be cool being smarter than everyone about everything. does lead to one issue though, who is the smartest antivaxxer?

Reactions: yoshi121374
yeah. antivaxxers aren't scared they're just smarter than all the vaccine researchers and doctors out there who have overwhelmingly gotten the shot. must be cool being smarter than everyone about everything. does lead to one issue though, who is the smartest antivaxxer?
E7SK_OpVcAAH5nf

ADVERTISEMENT