ADVERTISEMENT

Defensive concerns... Hear me out

TigerFish08

Gold Member
Jun 2, 2024
Maybe i'm overthinking things or just feel really uneasy b/c of the secondary injuries during preseason camp (again)... But hear me out

Offensive progression and improvement have certainly been the major focal points so far this preseason, and justifiably so. Last year wasn't great by any means. But the vibe i'm getting from the defensive side of the ball over the course of the last week just seems... eerie.

Two (potential) starting corners probably won't play against UGA due to injuries, our talent stacked d-line is giving up major runs in scrimmages, defense giving up redzone TDs (which isn't like them), numerous uncharacteristic penalties against the defense in the same scrimmage (which definitely isn't like them), 2nd team offense taking it to the 2nd team defense with relative ease (which i could be wrong on this point and i may have misunderstood the post scrimmage rhetoric)... Something just feels off. Again, maybe i'm off my rocker here, but this 1 team defense shouldn't be giving up 70 yard runs. Ever.

Is this b/c we also have our best d-linemen playing DE, which lead to GR exposing who we have in his place currently? IDK, maybe it was just one of those days. And i'm not foolish enough to ever believe Clemson's defense should allow zero yards and routinely produce goose eggs on the scoreboard. Who knows, maybe next scrimmage the defense will bounce back in a big way and take it to the offense, we've seen it happen plenty of times before. But something just feels off a bit on that side of the ball... and i can't quite put my finger on why

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News