ADVERTISEMENT

"Do something" is not science...

I don't know these things. I just read the results.

And you didn't answer my primary question. How is it bad to have myriad recognized experts discussing ideas on the best way to handle an unprecedented situation like COVID?
Because if you have myriad experts giving Trump advice, he would be sure to rubber stamp the worst advice, that's why.

Because if you have myriad experts giving Trump advice, he would be sure to rubber stamp the worst advice, that's why.

That may be correct. In fact let's just say I'll grant you that point and you're right. That doesn't mean when the new administration takes over for the failing previous administration that it shouldn't implement those best practices. You're so focused on Trump that you just can't get past the fact that it's not as though Biden did any of these things. In fact they sought to quash any countering viewpoints as misinformation. They sought to drown out any descent as being some sort of partisan crap that has no bearing on reality. That's just not true and it's been proven to be the case.

This was an all sides failure. That's why I don't understand how you constantly want to break things down to some partisan argument. I don't give a crap about which party is right. I'm talking about what was best for the country at a time when people were dying and everyone was tearing each other apart over whether to wear a mask or not or whether to go to school or not. Biden stood by and allowed all the madness related to school closings and everything else to go on without his voice being added to the debate to try to restore some sanity. It's ridiculous that we make this about partisanship when it's anything but that. It's about Americans and people who live in this country. It's about leadership in spite of what might be best for a political ideology. We don't get much of that anymore.

I think they (policy makers/CDC/etc) followed what the majority of the medical field's opinion was at the time. Sure there were some differing views, but they seemed to follow what the majority believed was the correct choice at the time. I think a lot of the issue was a sizable portion of the population viewed COVID as something that wasn't as deadly as it actually ended up being, and didn't like the idea of having to wear masks for whatever reason. I think hindsight has taught us that the mask mandates probably should've been regionalized vs enacted broadly.
It is now documented fact that Fauci paid millions in govt finds to have subject matter experts change their public stance on covid. They were forcing an agenda by any means necessary and it was for big pharma profits at minimum and the results have been disastrous.

• Haha
Reactions: dpic73
That may be correct. In fact let's just say I'll grant you that point and you're right. That doesn't mean when the new administration takes over for the failing previous administration that it shouldn't implement those best practices. You're so focused on Trump that you just can't get past the fact that it's not as though Biden did any of these things. In fact they sought to quash any countering viewpoints as misinformation. They sought to drown out any descent as being some sort of partisan crap that has no bearing on reality. That's just not true and it's been proven to be the case.

This was an all sides failure. That's why I don't understand how you constantly want to break things down to some partisan argument. I don't give a crap about which party is right. I'm talking about what was best for the country at a time when people were dying and everyone was tearing each other apart over whether to wear a mask or not or whether to go to school or not. Biden stood by and allowed all the madness related to school closings and everything else to go on without his voice being added to the debate to try to restore some sanity. It's ridiculous that we make this about partisanship when it's anything but that. It's about Americans and people who live in this country. It's about leadership in spite of what might be best for a political ideology. We don't get much of that anymore.
You're not trying to solve a problem, you're looking for people to blame. And all the better when you can concoct an argument that frames the other side as the bad guys. Sorry, but I'm not going to cry about the horrible abuse you had to suffer by wearing a mask - shall I call you a Wambulance? I'll also point out that that most schools reopened not long after Joe took office but somehow school closures are all the Democrats fault. We should probably also address why they believed they were needed in the first place with Delta raging and kids bringing it home to their families - this was especially detrimental to the cult that refused vaccination to own the libs, because they died in much higher numbers. Thank god Joe came in and brought logistics and sanity back to address the pandemic or it would have been much, much worse.

Instead of misplacing blame, I suggest you focus your attention on all the numbnuts who wanted to disregard every safety precaution - which just caused it to rage out of control much worse than it would have otherwise. This needed to be addressed as a team sport, not a political football. When given a chance to be responsible patriots, half the country punted and that included you. I did my part - can you say the same? Or is it just more convenient to blame Fauci?

You're not trying to solve a problem, you're looking for people to blame. And all the better when you can concoct an argument that frames the other side as the bad guys. Sorry, but I'm not going to cry about the horrible abuse you had to suffer by wearing a mask - shall I call you a Wambulance? I'll also point out that that most schools reopened not long after Joe took office but somehow school closures are all the Democrats fault. We should probably also address why they believed they were needed in the first place with Delta raging and kids could bring it home to their families - this was especially detrimental to the cult that refused vaccination to own the libs, because they died in much higher numbers. Thank god Joe came in and brought logistics and sanity back to address the pandemic or it would have been much, much worse.

Instead of misplacing blame, I suggest you focus your attention on all the numbnuts who wanted to disregard every safety precaution - which just caused it to rage out of control much worse than it would have otherwise. This needed to be addressed as a team sport, not a political football. When given a chance to be responsible patriots, half the country punted and that included you. I did my part - can you say the same? Or is it just more convenient to blame Fauci?

I tried to make a point to you about what I was saying. As per usual, you turn to Trump, insults, condescension... you know, you! Your call. I am not going to join your parade.

Delusional is defined as maintaining fixed false beliefs even when confronted with facts. That'd be you my friend. Have a blessed night. :)

• Haha
Reactions: dpic73
I tried to make a point to you about what I was saying. As per usual, you turn to Trump, insults, condescension... you know, you! Your call. I am not going to join your parade.

Delusional is defined as maintaining fixed false beliefs even when confronted with facts. That'd be you my friend. Have a blessed night. :)
Like it's all Fauci's fault and he should burn in hell because you chose not to follow his advice? Those kind of beliefs?

Are you referring to Brownback in KS? He was an idiot and a state economy is different from a national economy. As someone who lived in the KC area for 10 years, Kansas is a conservative state but it has had a number of successful and effective Democratic governors. I even voted for one.

I did like Ronald Reagan. I thought he was a very good President, but he also made a lot of mistakes and had his share of scandals.

Bush 2 is a decent man but a terrible President. He did so many things I don't like that it's hard to know where to begin. He was NOT a conservative. Big government neo-con. No thank you!

Trump again, not a conservative. Big government guy all the way.

Boris Johnson and Liz Truss - No conservatives

Basically none of these people really represent my values and again, they aren't kings. They have to work within the framework of their governmental structure. My views on government are something I wish you'd actually open your mind to let me convey without always putting words in my mouth (on through my keyboard in this case) that I have not said and don't believe.

My fundamental viewpoint is the government is a necessary evil. It is a vehicle through which people will seek to seize power over time. That's not a political party thing. It's an everyone in government thing. I do not think the government should have control over the people in the ways we have implemented today. Most government programs, though well-intentioned, ultimately fail because of corruption and the fact they become fodder for demagoguery. I prefer a much smaller central government and then we can have our states govern themselves as the people of those states see fit to do. The smaller we can make the more significant centers of power the better because at least then the people in a given area will have a true voice.

Our nation is almost evenly divided these days. Abuses at the state level (mostly gerrymandering) have created a far more partisan and toxic Washington DC than is beneficial for anyone. We all suffer as a result of that because we get elected representatives who just won't work with anyone on the other side. They view it as a sign of weakness and compromise is not something they are interested in. That's not good for anyone.

However, at the state level, things tend to be less partisan though there are states where it is really bad on both sides. Ultimately though, we're going to be far better off letting the states work through their own issues and problems. Do you disagree with that?

Lastly, I get that you don't care for me. I'm not the person you seem to think I am. Could we perhaps try to hit reset and stop this? I apologize for any personal insults I may have cast in your direction. It is an area I have worked very hard to improve because it's not a good way to be. It's up to you of course, but I would welcome discussion on the basis of our disagreements and agreements on a non-personal level. Just because we disagree so strongly on some things doesn't mean we have to treat each other so badly. The same goes for @dpic73. Would much rather discuss matters than constantly tear into each other in such vitriolic ways.

Hope you have a great afternoon!

Willence

As when a couple man and woman break up I suggest you use the mantra Its not you , its me

My suggestion is sometimes you set something free and pray it does not come back

Willence

As when a couple man and woman break up I suggest you use the mantra Its not you , its me

My suggestion is sometimes you set something free and pray it does not come back
Willence

Following up on my comment above I have always told my son and daughter to eliminate and stay away from negative, cancerous , caustic people and you life will be better

I am laughing ay myself as I see every day the worse conduct possible by people who then try to gaslight and project that its you

The truth is they are talking and looking into the mirror

I an going to start spending more time doing things that will be a positive impact on people and stop wasting my time on people that do mediocre deeds while creating hurricane winds from their lips

I am going my best to stay over on the actual football part and spent much less time on this loser thread

Good night God bless and Godspeed

Reactions: Willence
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT