ADVERTISEMENT

Do you believe everything in The Holy Bible to be fact?

All factual?

• Yes

Votes: 58 73.4%
  • No

Votes: 21 26.6%

• Total voters
it-depends-upon-what-the-meaning-of-the-word-is-is.jpg

Because we can't discuss things rationally. It's why I stick to the silly, stupid, inane. Well, that and the fact that I am all of those things...but I digress.

The Bible is a mix of teaching moments and cold, hard fact. It's up to each of us to figure out what's what. I know where I stand, but everyone has to find that answer for themselves.

My take is to each his own. Keep your faith, whatever that may be. Me? I’m completely neutral. But by all means stick to it. This joint is crazy insane for a topic like this. Too many other folks on this board that are going to go on pitchfork, torches and hater rants. And I hate it when people get crushed for whatever they believe in but it happens on this board daily. It’s completely OK that you want to discuss this topic, but this place is not a good neighborhood for that. I’m a pretty opionated guy, but I steer clear of this subject matter on TI. Just some friendly advice.

Well, I consider myself a Christian, but you can't have a rational discussion about something that is inherently based on what you BELIEVE to be true but can't prove (in other words...faith). I don't pretend I don't struggle with that and take great comfort in my favorite disciple... Thomas.

Well, I consider myself a Christian, but you can't have a rational discussion about something that is inherently based on what you BELIEVE to be true but can't prove (in other words...faith). I don't pretend I don't struggle with that and take great comfort in my favorite disciple... Thomas.

Mark 9:23-25 New King James Version (NKJV)
23 Jesus said to him, “If you can believe, all things are possible to him who believes.”

24 Immediately the father of the child cried out and said with tears, “Lord, I believe; help my unbelief!”

Pretty sure the Bible has enough contradictions that you can't honestly select "yes".

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT