ADVERTISEMENT

do you believe this?

We will see what peer review has to say about this. It doesn't sound all that unreasonable. We know that Earth's climate has changed a whole heck of a lot in its very long history.

You mean in your infinite wisdom you don't believe a professor at one of the top universities in the world on subject he's no doubt spent the better part of his career on?

That makes a lot of sense to all of us who have a college degree .... or a high school diploma .... or a GED.

A quick internet search will produce multiple peer reviewed articles stating the exact same thing. Those may be a little wordy, so here is a compilation of those articles with their sources at the bottom : Link

Anybody who doesn't believe Earth is changing is an idiot.

Instead of listening to a bunch of desk bound professors and/or politicians who bury themselves in front of computer data we should be listening to the folks who actually go OUTSIDE: hunters, sportsmen, and farmers.

I grew up hunting in Illinois, early every October we'd see big bomber formations of ducks and geese heading South, and then in April they'd be heading back up North. Last time I went home to hunt I asked my Dad where they were, he said they head South later and go back up North earlier. Same with deer season. Used to be able to set your watch by the rut, now it seems to slide forward or backwards a bit every year.

Now, the question here is whether or not the Earth is changing because I drive a gas guzzling truck or because my wife uses hairspray. While I happen to think that while we're not exactly making things better for the environment, the Earth is changing due to it's natural evolution. And all the liberal environmental wacko's need to stop blaming America and the "West" and focusing on developing nations like India, China, Korea et al who are spewing far more crap into the atmosphere than we EVER have.

Cheers!

Reactions: jschneid30
The one question I have on this article is this...
Antarctica May have been warm back then.. I get that..
But where was Antarttica at that time??
If you don't take tectonic shift into the model then the whole idea is bunk....
Just my opinion.. At that time S.America and Africa had barely separated..
You can't think the continents were in the same location then as now..

Originally posted by gogetem:
Anybody who doesn't believe Earth is changing is an idiot.

Instead of listening to a bunch of desk bound professors and/or politicians who bury themselves in front of computer data we should be listening to the folks who actually go OUTSIDE: hunters, sportsmen, and farmers.

I grew up hunting in Illinois, early every October we'd see big bomber formations of ducks and geese heading South, and then in April they'd be heading back up North. Last time I went home to hunt I asked my Dad where they were, he said they head South later and go back up North earlier. Same with deer season. Used to be able to set your watch by the rut, now it seems to slide forward or backwards a bit every year.

Now, the question here is whether or not the Earth is changing because I drive a gas guzzling truck or because my wife uses hairspray. While I happen to think that while we're not exactly making things better for the environment, the Earth is changing due to it's natural evolution. And all the liberal environmental wacko's need to stop blaming America and the "West" and focusing on developing nations like India, China, Korea et al who are spewing far more crap into the atmosphere than we EVER have.

Cheers!

I'm not sure how old you are and how long ago it was when you were growing up. I also do believe in what you preach regarding climate change. However I'm not so sure that the migration patterns changing are indicative. The temperature/environmental changes that would have to occur over such a short period of time would be unmatched throughout the history of this planet. If the migratory patterns have changed significantly enough that they are noticeable to the layman then that would be pretty indicative of severe human impact IMO.

And you liberal nerds think we conservative religious folks are believing crazy stuff?? What kind of faith does it take to believe some of this stuff??

Why does an appreciation of, and trust in the scientific method make someone liberal?

everyone knows that there is a polar shift underway

us depleting the ozone really doesnt have any effect on this shift

its happening whether we ride bikes or v8s to work

Ohiotiger, now I get it. If a professor at some "top" school says it,,,,it must be true. I understand how a superior being like yourself must feel having to deal with lesser mortals. but here is a hint......don't be so condescending......it's a very unattractive trait. Now......go swallow a Louisville Slugger, buttwhole.

Originally posted by igachoochoo:

Ohiotiger, now I get it. If a professor at some "top" school says it,,,,it must be true. I understand how a superior being like yourself must feel having to deal with lesser mortals. but here is a hint......don't be so condescending......it's a very unattractive trait. Now......go swallow a Louisville Slugger, buttwhole.
I am pretty sure he didn't mean to hurt your feelings...

Agree. Earth has gone through a few ice ages and following melting warmups. So the article is plausible.

I believe the earth is warming. But that warming has been going on for at least several hundred years and predates anyone thinking of burning fossil fuels. Man's CO2 production is trivial compared the effects of our planet's temperatures from volcanic activity, gamma radiation hitting the atmosphere from space, and solar flare variations.

Columbia, SC was once a coastal town. So there.

Sorry I got here late, I was too busy looking for a thread like this to be in the Round Table. But it's a pretty believable article.

Read this quote today, and I think you've completely demonstrated it:

Also, in particular is this cyclical form of poverty which facilitates an environment of anti-education. In these communities anyone displaying even an ounce of intelligence is ostracized by their peers and sometimes even their own family. To be "intelligent" is to think you are better than everyone else and to be a traitor.

It's a shame that these topics almost always gather polarized responses. Maybe that's just the nature of anonymous message boards. But, when you posted this thread, were you really interested in a candid response, or were you just declaring to TI "Look, here's something I don't believe in."?

YOU ARE THE WORST. DO YOU STILL WANT TO FIGHT ME?

barbarian-and-big-bossman-5.jpg

Stop providing scientific proof!!! I'm trying to believe over here!
3dgrin.r191677.gif

It's pretty obvious that the planet is warming (Fox news to the contrary). The question is: How much are human behaviors causing that change? I've read a good bit on the subject, and I do see the case for human caused global warming. However, it's also a fact that every second, more energy from the sun hits the earth than humans have produced ever. The forces required to make even the smallest change on a global scale are enormous.

It seems most likely to me that we are in a natural warming period and that human activities are "helping" that.

ADVERTISEMENT