The Jack Dunlap Club
Gold Member
Jan 25, 2009
All in might be the best thing

Then again it may not be

NMy friends say the tariffs are bringing everyone to the table

Mexico and Canada first

Maybe EU next and Pacific Rim to follow

China is moaning and bitching but in the end is going to become legit as a world trading partner

Russia is going to need some more butt kicking

The hot spots of NK will depend on the China trade deal

Same with Middle East with Russia

If USA threads the needle the DOW will hit 30,000 by end of year and not slow down for a while

Just my thoughts not investment advice

Clemson will win three Natties in next 5 years is my other thought

Go Tigers

I was buying starting with early 2008 after the meltdown and new president took office

The election and world events are going to be really conducive to the world economy and markets

Just sayin

Nah, dude. I'm sure the Dow doubling every 10 years is totally sustainable.
Doubling every 10 years is a 7.2% annual return. That would be a significant decrease from the historical average the S&P has shown. Without looking at the historical numbers I am certain it is below the historical growth for corporate earnings too. While tariffs, mid-terms, hurricanes, bird flu, Greece, and dictators are all very important to watch, earnings is the mother's milk for the market and almost the only thing I give serious credence to outside the FED.

My point is we should be at the least doubling every 10 years, including recessions, tariffs, mid-terms, hurricanes, bird flu, Greece, dictators and the other noise that people irrationally crap the bed over.

Then again it may not be

Mexico and Canada first

China is moaning and bitching but in the end is going to become legit as a world trading partner

If USA threads the needle the DOW will hit 30,000 by end of year and not slow down for a while

Go Tigers
I got nauseous reading that post. Earnings that what you meant to say, earnings.

Doubling every 10 years is a 7.2% annual return. That would be a significant decrease from the historical average the S&P has shown. Without looking at the historical numbers I am certain it is below the historical growth for corporate earnings too. While tariffs, mid-terms, hurricanes, bird flu, Greece, and dictators are all very important to watch, earnings is the mother's milk for the market and almost the only thing I give serious credence to outside the FED.

My point is we should be at the least doubling every 10 years, including recessions, tariffs, mid-terms, hurricanes, bird flu, Greece, dictators and the other noise that people irrationally crap the bed over.
Exactly, the last 100 years the Dow should double every 8 years or so. That’s based on the historical 10% growth. That even includes the Great Depression.

I was buying starting with early 2008 after the meltdown and new president took office

The election and world events are going to be really conducive to the world economy and markets

Just sayin

You were buying in early 2008? I hope you pocketed stakes in Bear, Lehman, WaMu, Fannie, Freddie, or a Madoff fund? That would have been good timing ha. 2009? Glad you clarified not investment advice

Reactions: sregit18
People can hate on MAGA all they want. My 401K like everyone else's is loving it. Hope we get 4 more years of it. Retirement will come 3-5 years earlier for me in 6.5 years is the plan.
Exactly, in 15 years I’m hoping to take my future millions and live like a king in Thailand or Vietnam.

Reactions: vatiger1
People can hate on MAGA all they want. My 401K like everyone else's is loving it. Hope we get 4 more years of it. Retirement will come 3-5 years earlier for me in 6.5 years is the plan.

Taxes are down, markets are roaring, companies are thriving, people are working. Tremendous work by the Don.

NYP-1.jpg

You do know historically that the markets double every 7 years with an average 10% average growth. So to your point, history has proven it is sustainable.
Somebody would call you an idiot if you told them that the Dow will be at 52,000 in 9 years......but it is probably a good bet that it will

The insane debt levels will have to be serviced at some point. Time in market will still trump all from an investment standpoint, but there will be a regression soon. That is a certainty.

Absolutely.. and it got worse this year with the tax cut. Those deficits are not sustainable and no ( very rarely anyway) ever cuts costs despite saying so....ergo, will need new taxes at some point.

There is no way that clown gets re-elected, if he even survives this term. He's an absolute embarrassment, and a POS as a human being. And I don't even care about politics.

No way? The market is hot, the economy is roaring, record unemployment, taxes are down... “It’s the economy _______.”

:)

Then again it may not be

Mexico and Canada first

Go Tigers

EU has already announced they have a goal of dropping all their tarriffs.
Like him or hate him, the fact is Trump is winning. The lower corporate tax will have companies moving here for years to come, and pay will keep going up.

And Obama told us those jobs were GONE and not coming back, right?

Obama did everything he could to destroy America, and Bush hurt us, too.

We are entering a Golden Age, economically.

No way? The market is hot, the economy is roaring, record unemployment, taxes are down... “It’s the economy _______.”

:)

Funny... will be interesting to see. I am guessing he won because of the Russians (halfway joking), and because the Dems figured they had it wrapped up and didn't show up like they might have. They won't sit back in the next one.

Again, I don't really care about anything political, and I have voted both sides of the aisle, but there is no debating the guy is a horrible person.

There is no way that clown gets re-elected, if he even survives this term. He's an absolute embarrassment, and a POS as a human being. And I don't even care about politics.

Agreed, James, he's not.
Neither was Moses, King David, or Abraham, to name others.
Neither was Bill Clinton.
But he's a guy elected in a political office, put there to fix the economy and the military, and protect the borders.
On those accounts, the guy is awesome.

Agreed, James, he's not.
Neither was Moses, King David, or Abraham, to name others.
Neither was Bill Clinton.
But he's a guy elected in a political office, put there to fix the economy and the military, and protect the borders.
On those accounts, the guy is awesome.

No doubt dudes no doubt. Those who have tuned out the media/online noise and just focused on moving forward with their own lives are pretty happy these days. For people who decide to tune in just to hear/feel/express OUTRAGE every moment of every day I feel sorry for them. In the meantime Go Tigers!

Ps. Sorry if I assumed to much by calling you dudes. Please insert whatever gender neutral pro-noun you feel most comfortable with.

Last edited:
Funny... will be interesting to see. I am guessing he won because of the Russians (halfway joking), and because the Dems figured they had it wrapped up and didn't show up like they might have. They won't sit back in the next one.

Again, I don't really care about anything political, and I have voted both sides of the aisle, but there is no debating the guy is a horrible person.
What is the point you're trying to make when you say that?

Reactions: yeti24
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT