ADVERTISEMENT

Dow almost at 30K....

TigerNatty81 said:

My wife and I made more in our 401k's last year than our salaries. Hoping the same for this year![/quote]

Yes let’s impeach Trump immediately we can’t let this continue. What idiots!

Last edited:
Reactions: SaltyMeatBallsOO
CcQLI-obama-vs-trump-nbsp-s-amp-p-500.png
Easy to be a big gainer when you start at 0

Plus the job market is in unreal and the best ever for minority’s. Also the world is in awe, of us taking out Iran’s top general. Making it look like taking candy from a baby. Our enemies respect Trump more than any POTUS since Reagan The Great.

Really? You might want to read the link below or just use Google. It’s very simple. This is too easy to refute the nonsense you all are spewing with actual facts.

https://www.rollingstone.com/politics/politics-news/nato-trump-world-leaders-mock-video-921813/

... Record low unemployment, particularly in the minority sector, higher relative wages for hourly workers, and declining income gaps - what else do people want? It is truly amazing the rampant stupidity that exists in this country right now. If there were a democrat in office, all the major news outlets would be debating whether he may be the best president in history...

5d7f73fa2e22af10de380f78

IMO, the economy would be even more robust without this tariff nonsense.

And a healthy economy has not led to a deficit reduction; quite the opposite in fact.
ding ding
Trumps tarrifs are taxing americans and the conservatives are no where to be seen on the issue. hilarious. The defecits are booming. Conservatives talk about their 401ks like we haves seen those get wiped out real quick before recently.
come on people.

ding ding
Trumps tarrifs are taxing americans and the conservatives are no where to be seen on the issue. hilarious. The defecits are booming. Conservatives talk about their 401ks like we haves seen those get wiped out real quick before recently.
come on people.

@firegiver I have received more in tax returns and 401K than any other president, What is your issue with the economy booming?

If any president cut taxes the way Trump has while simultaneously increasing government spending, the economy would do well. Largest deficit growth ever in a time of economic expansion. Not to mention the largest income and wealth gaps since the Gilded Age.

The bubble will burst eventually. I'm enjoying the market ride while it lasts, but you sycophants are nauseating. Buncha Lindsey Grahams cleat chasers.

Reactions: nytigerfan
@firegiver I have received more in tax returns and 401K than any other president, What is your issue with the economy booming?
congrats? my point is that a wet gym sock could be the president and this would be happening.
Trump's policies are pretty much dog crap. You like your profits? Me too. The money we are making has fvck all to do with Trump's tax plan. There are endless studies proving out that corporate tax breaks were funneled into stock buy backs and didn't trickle down. You don't actually believe in trickle down do you?
Anyway go check the deficit, it got worse.

Reactions: NattyLight16
congrats? my point is that a wet gym sock could be the president and this would be happening.
Trump's policies are pretty much dog crap. You like your profits? Me too. The money we are making has fvck all to do with Trump's tax plan. There are endless studies proving out that corporate tax breaks were funneled into stock buy backs and didn't trickle down. You don't actually believe in trickle down do you?
Funny how all of a sudden, now the liberals are so concerned about the deficit.

We had a wet gym sock for 8 years. The economy was ready to bust out8 years ago. When Trump got elected all the liberal economists predicted doom and gloom. The economy took off! My business, which is MFG, was stagnant for Obama's 8 years, after Trump was elected we have grown 15-20% per year. And remember, Obama had basically free money the whole time in office because of the Fed.
If you like Democrat polices , move to Detroit, San Fran, NY or any other Democrat city where Taxes are Sky High, Cost of living thru the roof, and have most people want to leave.

We had a wet gym sock for 8 years. The economy was ready to bust out8 years ago. When Trump got elected all the liberal economists predicted doom and gloom. The economy took off! My business, which is MFG, was stagnant for Obama's 8 years, after Trump was elected we have grown 15-20% per year. And remember, Obama had basically free money the whole time in office because of the Fed.
If you like Democrat polices , move to Detroit, San Fran, NY or any other Democrat city where Taxes are Sky High, Cost of living thru the roof, and have most people want to leave.
You know what your problem is? You don't like my words so you tell me to leave my state. Can't have a neighbor you disagree with? Can't have a civil convo?
Maybe just maybe ur biz doing well has nothing to do with the executive branch. Do you have any reason to think otherwise?

Uh, the tax cuts weren’t all corporate. My family saved a ton last year specifically due to tax reform.

Me too. You think I ain't aware? Anyway deficits up.

The deficit is a problem. At some point, we have to address entitlements - the lions share of federal spending. And we need to pray that we don’t elect someone proposing an expansion of entitlement programs - like free college education or Medicare for all.

The deficit is a problem. At some point, we have to address entitlements - the lions share of federal spending. And we need to pray that we don’t elect someone proposing an expansion of entitlement programs - like free college education or Medicare for all.
You posted the same thing two years ago.

I suspect “at some point” is pretty much whenever someone you didn’t vote for is in office. And I’m not singling you out; it’s not an unusual stance.

Fiscal conservatism is not a philosophy that should be cast aside just because a Republican is president.

I suspect “at some point” is pretty much whenever someone you didn’t vote for is in office. And I’m not singling you out; it’s not an unusual stance.

Fiscal conservatism is not a philosophy that should be cast aside just because a Republican is president.
You really went out on a limb with that one. I imagine like myself, @scotchtiger would never vote for anyone who proposed those ideas while running, so yeah, it's not a concern as long as the guy we voted for wins.

You really went out on a limb with that one. I imagine like myself, @scotchtiger would never vote for anyone who proposed those ideas while running, so yeah, it's not a concern as long as the guy we voted for wins.
Trump campaigned on reducing the deficit. The opposite has happened.

If you are a principled conservative, how do you hold him accountable?

I'd be all for it right now. "At some point" just meant that nobody actually does anything about it.

That said, Trump has at least done some things to reign in entitlements like pushing work requirements. He and Bill Clinton agreed on that. I don't think today's democratic party would support such common sense efforts to reduce spending though.

https://apnews.com/6e1cc4a1ebf14cd0...igns-executive-order-pushing-work-for-welfare

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-new...se-food-stamps-usda-work-requirement-n1095726

Trump campaigned on reducing the deficit. The opposite has happened.

If you are a principled conservative, how do you hold him accountable?

How exactly do you hold a president accountable? Vote for a drastically worse option who will expand entitlements and and the general scope of government? Protest? Tweet?

How exactly do you hold a president accountable? Vote for a drastically worse option who will expand entitlements and and the general scope of government? Protest? Tweet?
Primary him. No one said you have to vote for a democrat.

If you want to piss off a conservative, lie to him. If you want to piss off a liberal, tell him the truth.

Nice quip. Sounds good, but as we both know, it holds no truth, as most things that are spewed by the majority of conservatives in defense of their savior! Trump has told 15,000+ lies since he took office, but conservatives have lost all moral fortitude!

Kind of outside the ability of voter scotchtiger. If there’s a better primary candidate, I’m in. Otherwise, I’m voting against a horrible option from the left.
Can’t vote for a better primary candidate if you don’t ask for one. The Republican Party decided that they were fine with what they have. Just hard to claim that they are the party of fiscal responsibility moving forward.

Reactions: ClemsonReign
Can’t vote for a better primary candidate if you don’t ask for one. The Republican Party decided that they were fine with what they have. Just hard to claim that they are the party of fiscal responsibility moving forward.

Who is that party?

Who is that party?
Right now, it doesn’t exist. There are conservatives and a handful of liberals that I think could have a responsible fiscal policy. It was Mark Sanford’s entire platform. The Republican Party, however, has determined that debt is no longer a problem.

When’s the last time you heard a Republican complain about current levels of spending? How
much do you hear from the administration on a daily basis about new spending?

Right now, it doesn’t exist. There are conservatives and a handful of liberals that I think could have a responsible fiscal policy. It was Mark Sanford’s entire platform. The Republican Party, however, has determined that debt is no longer a problem.

When’s the last time you heard a Republican complain about current levels of spending? How
much do you hear from the administration on a daily basis about new spending?

I agree. Not much I can do though except support the best ones in the primary. I voted for Sanford. At a national level, it appears both want to run up the deficit, but one wants to raise my taxes and one just saved me $20K in taxes. Easy decision.

Every state in the country, every government employee, and every union member should be lining up to kiss Trumps rear end.
How much debt did we take on to boost this kind of growth?

Uh, the tax cuts weren’t all corporate. My family saved a ton last year specifically due to tax reform.

this is from Tucker Carlson... no bueno for trump. the old trickle down aint tricklin down.

But dig a little deeper. A Pew poll from this fall provides a glimpse of what is actually happening in a lot of parts of the country. In that survey, 56 percent of Americans said the economy was excellent or good, and that's good news. But then there was this: Only 31 percent of the economy was helping them and their families. Just 32 percent thought the current economy was helping the middle class, 58 percent thought the opposite.

Among lower-income Republicans, 47 percent said economic conditions were hurting them; just 30 percent said they were helping. Now keep in mind, these aren't sociology professors from the Oberlin faculty lounge. This is the president's core, it's his base.

Last edited:

dude if you are crediting Trump for your own businesses growth, you are bad at being a business owner.

Easy to be a big gainer when you start at 0

Why did Obama start at zero? What happened before that? Wait, didnt we have 8 years of a republican president who lowered taxes for the rich, started wars in the middle east and deregulated and then bailed out (with our money) the banks?

this is from Tucker Carlson... no bueno for trump. the old trickle down aint tricklin down.

But dig a little deeper. A Pew poll from this fall provides a glimpse of what is actually happening in a lot of parts of the country. In that survey, 56 percent of Americans said the economy was excellent or good, and that's good news. But then there was this: Only 31 percent of the economy was helping them and their families. Just 32 percent thought the current economy was helping the middle class, 58 percent thought the opposite.

Among lower-income Republicans, 47 percent said economic conditions were hurting them; just 30 percent said they were helping. Now keep in mind, these aren't sociology professors from the Oberlin faculty lounge. This is the president's core, it's his base.

Thanks! Saw this earlier this am; pretty interesting. Always skeptical when people talk generally about the “Middle Class”. Widely varying definitions out there. Recently had to remind my wife of where we sit...

Reactions: Rychek4

You are always quick to bring up entitlements when someone points out how much your boy Trump has grown the deficit. But the entitlements were already there when Trump took office, so the unprecedented deficit growth we have seen under Trump is not because of entitlements, it is because of his reckless spending and tax cuts for the rich. Why not address that first?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT