ADVERTISEMENT

DOW HITS 24,000- THANK YOU TRUMP

https://www.reginfo.gov/public/do/eAgendaMain

Literally hundreds of regulations have been reduced or removed. Some I agree with some I don’t. But every regulation creates an obstacle to some business. And the reduction or removal of that regulation benefits that business.
"Because he's removed regulations" is nothing more than a talking head platitude. Again, I'm just looking for substance. I honestly would like some hope that he's doing something right.

Reactions: griffgolf
Apparently the Fortune 50 people I talk to don’t share your thinking along with numerous small business associations

Maybe I am just talking to the wrong people
Depends on what levels you are talking to. This is coming from the c-suite of many publicly traded companies as well as the institutional investment community. Perhaps middle managers feel different, if those are the people you are talking to.

Really looking forward to his stated policy to give all Americans health insurance.

Dozens of executive actions have been pro-business and pro-jobs. I am among those that think Trump's crazy tweeting and communication is at least in part deliberate to distract media and liberals from knowing what he is actually doing to change government and the economy. His craziness becomes the media message and most completely miss what he is actually doing- it isn't reported. Major relief of oppressive government regulations via executive actions and rolling back Obama damage. Backing out of horrible trade agreements and climate accords has helped the economy in ways hard to measure.

Just the idea of a pro-business president has enhanced the psychology and investing of the business world at large.

Trump is crazy like a Fox

I watch him throw red meat to people just to see them bite and then ignore Trump’s moves

Watch what. He does and not what he tweets

Reactions: Earle36
If that’s the case, the market would be dropping. Everything I’ve read, this plan is great for business and the rich (never worked for a poor guy). But screws the middle guy, like usual.
The market will stay strong as long as there is as much liquidity as there is today. Lots of disposable income searching for alpha. Most institutional investors feel the market is "frothy", but have nowhere else to put money. They don't get paid to stay in cash.

I'm curious as to what policies Trump has implemented that people believe have resulted in this strong market.
If you woned a
Which policies? And how have they resulted in the expansion? What sorts of investments have been made?
You would have to start and own a business with lots of jobs for Americans to understand. It doesn't appear to me you ever will.

The housing crisis was related to the repeal of Glass-Steagall, via the 1999 Gramm–Leach–Bliley Act, and the late 90's mergers of the investment banks and commercial banks. Voted on by a republican congress and signed by a democratic president. No one avoids blame

Correct. I personally didn’t want to dereg the banks. I just don’t trust the banks. But my BB&T stock went from 30/share to about 50/share.

"Because he's removed regulations" is nothing more than a talking head platitude. Again, I'm just looking for substance. I honestly would like some hope that he's doing something right.

No, it isn't a talking head platitude at all. Probably should study up some there. I can tell you first hand that regulations make a difference and they stifle innovation and growth. Some regulation is good and necessary but our previous president was in love with over-regulating everything. It's basic economics here. To say he has removed regulation and that the House has used the Congressional Review Act to peel back layers on stifling regulations is a true statement. He also has sent the message the US is open for business. If he doesn't get the Tax Reform through, it will all crash back to Earth unfortunately.

Really looking forward to his stated policy to give all Americans health insurance.
Or maybe people get well off enough, that they can afford to buy their own. I've heard stories from liberals in Europe. People have diseases that threaten their life, but can't get treatment or surgery for years. So they die or pay big bucks to get it done stat.

If you woned a

You would have to start and own a business with lots of jobs for Americans to understand. It doesn't appear to me you ever will.
What does this even mean?

I've taken no positions. I've merely asked for real, substantive answers. But apparently that is perceived as attacking someone's team.

Depends on what levels you are talking to. This is coming from the c-suite of many publicly traded companies as well as the institutional investment community. Perhaps middle managers feel different, if those are the people you are talking to.

Conversations I do are confidential however the people I talk to wield lots of financial power

I am hearing that the Tax cuts are going to raise the GNP as much as 8 per cent a year

Expected at first to grow from the 3 per cent plus to at least 4.5 and then soar to 6 for at least 3 to 5 years

Inflation is going to heat up

Hard assets will rise in value

Cash will fall in value

Question, if the economy stays red hot, does Trump pull a Reagan and win 49 or 50 states in the 2020 election. People vote with their pocket books, it's the economy stupid.
I say yes.

if you backwards f&cks will elect a pedophile to the senate, I see no reason why Trump cannot win again.

The market will stay strong as long as there is as much liquidity as there is today. Lots of disposable income searching for alpha. Most institutional investors feel the market is "frothy", but have nowhere else to put money. They don't get paid to stay in cash.

Again, i’ve Not seen one article that says the new tax plan hurts business. Their all going to be paying the same if no legislation is passed or pay less in taxes.

90% of articles is saying this is a rich or corporate welfare tax cut

Correct. I personally didn’t want to dereg the banks. I just don’t trust the banks. But my BB&T stock went from 30/share to about 50/share.
BB&T has bought like 3 regional banks and a bunch of Texas branches in the last 5 years. Growth looks good and I expect it will continue.

No, it isn't a talking head platitude at all. Probably should study up some there. I can tell you first hand that regulations make a difference and they stifle innovation and growth. Some regulation is good and necessary but our previous president was in love with over-regulating everything. It's basic economics here. To say he has removed regulation and that the House has used the Congressional Review Act to peel back layers on stifling regulations is a true statement. He also has sent the message the US is open for business. If he doesn't get the Tax Reform through, it will all crash back to Earth unfortunately.
And here we go again, around in a circle. You've acknowledged here that some regulations are good and necessary. So, has Trump only removed bad ones? Which bad ones that Trump has removed would have a positive effect on the economy, and why?

Or maybe people get well off enough, that they can afford to buy their own. I've heard stories from liberals in Europe. People have diseases that threaten their life, but can't get treatment or surgery for years. So they die or pay big bucks to get it done stat.
Well what we really need to do is decouple insurance from employment and get rid of state level restrictions. Allow a real free market to drive prices down and let people pick and choose. But that isn't going to happen in our lifetime.

It's a rhetorical question, but who the hell doesn't have at least a little bit of money in the market? Whether it be an IRA, 401k, weed stock, etc. EVERYONE has money in the market these days, and if you don't, you shouldn't be allowed to vote. Gotta have skin in the game to vote.
There are millions of people who barely make enough to live on. I doubt they are heavily invested in the market. Geez...

if you backwards f&cks will elect a pedophile to the senate, I see no reason why Trump cannot win again.
Yet most of the men exposed recently have been flaming Lib's. Must put you in the fetal position. If a conservative harasses someone, I say screw him. I wouldn't vote for Mr Moore. Liberals tend to not care though, if the perverts one of theirs. Most of these Hollywood perv's and Matt L., were big Democrat donors and supporters. Of course this is the party that supports rapist like Bill Clinton and deviants like Barney Frank.

Trump is crazy like a Fox

I watch him throw red meat to people just to see them bite and then ignore Trump’s moves

Watch what. He does and not what he tweets

jesus christ. imagine being this goddamn stupid.

trump's tweets have nothing to do with foresight or being strategic to "distract" americans. that's seriously the dumbest thing his supporters continue to peddle. his tweets are the result of him being an impulsive dullard with a massive ego and quick fuse. there's nothing more to it.

Reactions: VeniceTiger
Apparently the Fortune 50 people I talk to don’t share your thinking along with numerous small business associations

Maybe I am just talking to the wrong people

The GOP bill does next to nothing for small business owners. If you read the fine print on the bill, the low rate for pass through income excludes most professions (including consultants, which is what many small business owners are designated as). By the way, the CPA that explained that to me is a republican.

It's a rhetorical question, but who the hell doesn't have at least a little bit of money in the market? Whether it be an IRA, 401k, weed stock, etc. EVERYONE has money in the market these days, and if you don't, you shouldn't be allowed to vote. Gotta have skin in the game to vote.
Well considering how few people vote it may make sense that so few people are actually invested in the stock markets. Today the percentage is only slightly better than 50% compared to 65% or higher before the Great Recession. That is a cavernous decline from just 10 years ago.

Yet most of the men exposed recently have been flaming Lib's. Must put you in the fetal position. If a conservative harasses someone, I say screw him. I wouldn't vote for Mr Moore. Liberals tend to not care though, if the perverts one of theirs. Most of these Hollywood perv's and Matt L., were big Democrat donors and supporters. Of course this is the party that supports rapist like Bill Clinton and deviants like Barney Frank.

"Most of these Hollywood perv's and Matt L., were big Democrat donors and supporters."

Here we agree, Donald Trump was a hollywood perv and a liberal donor and supporter.

What does this even mean?

I've taken no positions. I've merely asked for real, substantive answers. But apparently that is perceived as attacking someone's team.

You have no ideas for jobs to help others.I suggest you get off this board, put your butt on the line and borrow money to start a business and help others by creating jobs. Then you would feel better about yourself. You're the only one who can get yourself out of this funk you are in.

There are millions of people who barely make enough to live on. I doubt they are heavily invested in the market. Geez...
They should be, all it takes it a little bit of money each week, over 40 years, would make them s million. Too many people rather have nice clothes or the latest gadget. It's not hard to save a little money and build some wealth. But it does take discipline.

When this market reverses and it will (maybe very shortly), I will point to Earle6 as the catalyst for his bullish call that puts the market top in. Yellen has more to do w/ this market than Trump. Valuations are ridiculous. I mean a couple standard deviations ridiculous. Buy the dip until you are the dip.

Trump is a buffoon. A well intentioned buffoon.

Conversations I do are confidential however the people I talk to wield lots of financial power

I am hearing that the Tax cuts are going to raise the GNP as much as 8 per cent a year

Expected at first to grow from the 3 per cent plus to at least 4.5 and then soar to 6 for at least 3 to 5 years

Inflation is going to heat up

Hard assets will rise in value

Cash will fall in value

GNP is fairly irrelevant because as you mention inflation would take off and it's growth would be fueled by foreign $. The dollar tanks and international money buys our assets, which are now relatively cheap and because the US would be desperate to sell.

I hardly see how this is a good thing, but I also have a hard time understanding how people could vote for trump over any living breathing organism.

"Most of these Hollywood perv's and Matt L., were big Democrat donors and supporters."

Here we agree, Donald Trump was a hollywood perv and a liberal donor and supporter.
Love the hate man!
Sounds like Trump had relations with your wife and she loved it.

The Moore situation is very concerning. The reason he wins is simply because he doesn't support the murder of unborn babies. It's that cut and dry in my view. If the Democrat was pro-life, he'd win. But because he is for no holds barred abortion, he'll lose. Paint it however you want but that's why.

The dollar tanks and international money buys our assets, which are now relatively cheap and because the US would be desperate to sell.
The U.S. has spent 100 years trying to keep the value of the dollar down. If the dollar is lower than a foreign countries currency it makes our exports cheaper in comparison. Giving our companies a competitive advantage.

The Moore situation is very concerning. The reason he wins is simply because he doesn't support the murder of unborn babies. It's that cut and dry in my view. If the Democrat was pro-life, he'd win. But because he is for no holds barred abortion, he'll lose. Paint it however you want but that's why.

Got it, you believe it is more important to protect unborn fetuses than it is to protect children from sexual predators after birth. Oh well, at least there will be more kids for Roy Moore to fondle.

Trumps first year and he exposes all of these liberal sexual harassers. No wonder they were scarred of MAGA!

so in your world (which is bigly F'd up by the way), Trump is personally responsible for the stock market performance (as long as it is good) and for exposing liberal sexual harassers? i guess the women coming forward deserve no credit, right?

I cant wait until Trump tweets us into a war... in your inbred alternate reality Trump will be jumping out of helicopters Rambo style to kill north koreans.

Got it, you believe it is more important to protect unborn fetuses than it is to protect children from sexual predators after birth. Oh well, at least there will be more kids for Roy Moore to fondle.

I didn't say that. I provided analysis and nothing more. I didn't editorialize with my own views. You're the one that is a bit unhinged about this. I think there's enough opinion already. I would not vote for Moore because there's too much there for me to assume his innocence. But I would never vote for a person who advocates murdering children. What's ironic is you used the same type of circumstantial moralism that you're upset about Republicans in Alabama using. Kind stupid if you ask me. :)

"It's the economy, stupid."

A famous line because the state of the economy is almost the main factor that determines election results, especially when an incumbent president is running. You can debate dozens of issues, but the general state of the economy swings large chunks of votes.

I agree.... it’s just how you define the economy- it’s not all stock market.

@Rychek4 I shouldn't even bother but I am. I did editorialize in the last post I made here. I was referring to the previous post and the Democrat running in Alabama is for no holds barred abortion. He said that himself. If you would like to educate yourself, it might help. Trying to zing me won't be effective as evidenced by your circumstantial use of my quotes. So I guess the LOL is at the profound ignorance that led you to try and create a zing. Carry on with your day!

ADVERTISEMENT