ADVERTISEMENT

Every South Carolinian should be outraged over this

So, the LabCorp/DHEC lab accounts for more than half the tests and is at 10.5% positive. Let's they account for 55% of the total tests. Simple math:
0.55 x 0.105 + 0.45x = 0.156. The other 45% of the testing agencies are reporting 21.8% positive rates. While not reporting the negative test results is obviously wrong, it's wasn't going to make the % positive go to some low number like 5% as so many seem to be suggesting. I'd be willing to bet it should be closer to 12% or so. That's still much higher than they want. And it doesn't change the number of positive tests that have been reported. The College of Charleston is about to blow up, and the on-campus kids aren't even back yet. My daughter had a roommate test positive, some other teammates' roommate test positive, and more than half the volleyball and baseball teams have tested positive after back to school parties.

For me, this story isn’t about whether the virus exists. It does. It’s not about whether the virus is deadly. It is. It’s certainly not about a moronic conspiracy theory I won’t even name.

The story is solely about what the error rate is on the statistics I check every afternoon on the DHEC website. Can I trust those numbers? I thought, to a degree, I could. After reading this article, I cannot help but trust them to a much lesser degree. Someone should have caught this.

After reading this article, I cannot help but trust them to a much lesser degree..

tenor.gif

You either trust something or you don't. I don't.

So, the LabCorp/DHEC lab accounts for more than half the tests and is at 10.5% positive. Let's they account for 55% of the total tests. Simple math:
0.55 x 0.105 + 0.45x = 0.156. The other 45% of the testing agencies are reporting 21.8% positive rates. While not reporting the negative test results is obviously wrong, it's wasn't going to make the % positive go to some low number like 5% as so many seem to be suggesting. I'd be willing to bet it should be closer to 12% or so. That's still much higher than they want. And it doesn't change the number of positive tests that have been reported. The College of Charleston is about to blow up, and the on-campus kids aren't even back yet. My daughter had a roommate test positive, some other teammates' roommate test positive, and more than half the volleyball and baseball teams have tested positive after back to school parties.
Probably all in er, too. I hear hospitals are setting up tents to put patients in and have ice trucks full of bodies bc the morgue has bodies three deep in every 1 slot

Reactions: scartiger
It just so happened that their incompetence reported the positive and ignored the 8x number of negative cases ?
So, all I have heard all along is that the actual number of people who have had Covid-19 is 10x the amount who have tested positive. This 10x number was constantly referenced by many in here to use in lowering the death rate. So, now those same posters want to ignore that 10x number when referencing the percent positive. If the 10x number is correct and everyone in SC actually went to get tested, the percent positive would be approximately 22%. Riddle me that batman. It doesn't fit the narrative that so many in here have so I'm sure the narrative will get changed again.

tenor.gif

You either trust something or you don't. I don't.

Not true. There are degrees of trust. I trust my two older brothers with anything. Some of my friends I trust to buy good beer, but I would not trust them to borrow my car.

https://www.wyff4.com/amp/article/l...rds-are-missing-thousands-of-results/33835496

We have all been misled about what is actually occurring with Covid in our state. It turns out the % positive has been drastically lower than what is reported ever since this began. Keep in mind most school districts and a lot of businesses make very impactful decisions based on % positive. DHEC should be ashamed.
It’s an absolute disgrace. It feels like corruption has overtaken honesty. How in the Fock could this happen???
We’ve all been told for months that “covid is everywhere!!!” but it’s just NOT. Just absolute, total shit.

So, all I have heard all along is that the actual number of people who have had Covid-19 is 10x the amount who have tested positive. This 10x number was raised the the forefront by many in here to use in lowering the death rate. So, now those same posters want to ignore that 10x number when referencing the percent positive. If the 10x number is correct and everyone in SC actually went to get tested, the percent positive would be approximately 22%. Riddle me that batman. It doesn't fit the narrative that so many in here have so I'm sure the narrative will get changed again.

You're an engineer, and you cannot see how none of the dhec data can be trusted? I'm embarrassed for you. Your employer would be shocked.

So, all I have heard all along is that the actual number of people who have had Covid-19 is 10x the amount who have tested positive. This 10x number was constantly referenced by many in here to use in lowering the death rate. So, now those same posters want to ignore that 10x number when referencing the percent positive. If the 10x number is correct and everyone in SC actually went to get tested, the percent positive would be approximately 22%. Riddle me that batman. It doesn't fit the narrative that so many in here have so I'm sure the narrative will get changed again.
Wut. Seriously dude, you want things to suck so bad it’s killing you. Maybe take a break from social media and the News for a while. Go catch a fish or shoot a buck. Or... Take a walk, ride a bike, or go hiking. Or whatever guys like you do

You’re talking yourself in circles. A government organization is deliberately reporting only positive cases and you don’t seem to have a problem with that. Why is that?

DHEC like the majority of state government agencies is incompetent. It all falls on the people you hire. Hire idiots and you get incompetent results. Competence not quotas is the answer
Bullshit. Incompetence isn’t an explanation for intentionally misleading people. This was an intentional omission to continue to drive the narrative that covid is everywhere.

Not true. There are degrees of trust. I trust my two older brothers with anything. Some of my friends I trust to buy good beer, but I would not trust them to borrow my car.

With revelations like this, the accuracy of a compromised data set like this cannot be trusted. Dhec officials were advising to only submit positive results. No one knows how deep this goes.

You're an engineer, and you cannot see how none of the dhec data can be trusted? I'm embarrassed for you. Your employer would be shocked.
LMAO. So, since they didn't report the number of negative tests, the number of positive tests is not correct either. So, is it lower or higher, since you seem to have an inside source? I know close to 40 people that have had Covid-19. And that's just in the upstate. So, do you have an intelligent answer for me as to why people chose to use a number for some arguments and ignore the same number for others? And no worries on shocking my employer since I own my own firm.

You don't get it. DHEC has used % positive to dictate lockdowns, masks requirements, school closure, small business closure, etc. It is their driving metric for policy. And they have been downright dishonest. That should bother every person in this state.

With revelations like this, the accuracy of a compromised data set like this cannot be trusted. Dhec officials were advising to only submit positive results. No one knows how deep this goes.

Simply pointing out that there is a big difference between “I believe everything is true” and “I believe nothing is true.” This is clearly, clearly a problem. It must be investigated. I’m not an agenda person or an ideologue. I want to know the truth. Speaking in absolutes about this stuff is irrational in my opinion, but I understand it is a charged issue.

You’re talking yourself in circles. A government organization is deliberately reporting only positive cases and you don’t seem to have a problem with that. Why is that?
Actually I'm not. DHEC has only reported the test results that were provided to them. Whether or not someone in DHEC told them to only report positive cases will be investigated I'm sure. But, it does sounds like the majority of the labs were doing it correctly so someone was getting the correct message. Either way, there's still nearly 120,000 positive cases of Covid-19 in SC. Or 1.2 million when the death rate is being calculated by people like yourself on here.

LMAO. So, since they didn't report the number of negative tests, the number of positive tests is not correct either. So, is it lower or higher, since you seem to have an inside source? I know close to 40 people that have had Covid-19. And that's just in the upstate. So, do you have an intelligent answer for me as to why people chose to use a number for some arguments and ignore the same number for others? And no worries on shocking my employer since I own my own firm.

Dhec officials were deliberately asking for positive only results knowing full well how critical the percentage of positive results is in determining what to shut down in the state. Yet, you trust the dhec numbers and decide you're going to recalculate the % positive rate with only the corrected data that has yet to be uncovered. Shame on you for being intellectually dishonest. Please tell us the name of your firm, so clients can avoid your firm like the plague. What is the name of your firm?

Simply pointing out that there is a big difference between “I believe everything is true” and “I believe nothing is true.” This is clearly, clearly a problem. It must be investigated. I’m not an agenda person or an ideologue. I want to know the truth. Speaking in absolutes about this stuff is irrational in my opinion, but I understand it is a charged issue.

My point is simply, the data cannot be trusted until an investigation reveals how deep the problems are. You elect to trust the data (albeit to a lesser degree) even after these major revelations. Agree to disagree

This makes too much sense for a majority of those in this thread. Wishing something doesn't exist won't make it go away.

Actually I'm not. DHEC has only reported the test results that were provided to them. Whether or not someone in DHEC told them to only report positive cases will be investigated I'm sure. But, it does sounds like the majority of the labs were doing it correctly so someone was getting the correct message. Either way, there's still nearly 120,000 positive cases of Covid-19 in SC. Or 1.2 million when the death rate is being calculated by people like yourself on here.
Corruption is cool with you, I see. People lost their businesses, jobs, livelihoods based on falsified % positive numbers used to shut down the state, but that’s cool.

I know a South Carolina House Representative who says he has confirmed Richland County has falsified death certificates with COVID. He says they go back in session Sept. 15 and many are going to fight like hell to end this state of emergency.

M9hHa36.gif

You ought to be close to seeing little man with pigtails by now. Keep on digging. Just please don’t bring chinaflu back from China if you make it back

You don't get it. DHEC has used % positive to dictate lockdowns, masks requirements, school closure, small business closure, etc. It is their driving metric for policy. And they have been downright dishonest. That should bother every person in this state.
McMaster's stay at home order came on March 31st. At that time the percent positive was approximately 2% and there were only 1022 positive tests. Find me an article quoting McMaster as saying anything about percent positive being the reason he closed businesses. You're just making crap up. School closure in Greenville County is based on a metric containing 3 criteria, one of which is percent positive. But the base line was set from the early on testing, so it should be relative to the testing now.

Look what has happened to businesses, schools and our football because of all this dishonest reporting of the numbers! And it was calculated and intentional with an election in mind from the very beginning! It’s outrageous. So many gullible people. I’m livid.

You are eventually, really going to wonder why you wasted so much time under that bed.

Dhec officials were deliberately asking for positive only results knowing full well how critical the percentage of positive results is in determining what to shut down in the state. Yet, you trust the dhec numbers and decide you're going to recalculate the % positive rate with only the corrected data that has yet to be uncovered. Shame on you for being intellectually dishonest. Please tell us the name of your firm, so clients can avoid your firm like the plague. What is the name of your firm?
Just curious why so many of you think the government in this state would want to shut the state down? You do realize that McMaster is a Republican, and this is a very Republican state. So, help me understand why the governing body of this state would want to hut it down for political reasons?

Reactions: valleyrat
This makes too much sense for a majority of those in this thread. Wishing something doesn't exist won't make it go away.

Here is the issue. Every expert out there uses percent positive to dictate when Covid is under control and when it is raging and drastic measures need to be in place to get it under control. Under 10% for those tested appears to be the magic number for "turning the corner". 5-7% indicates enough testing is being done to truly know how the virus is spreading in the community. Less than 5% and your area is in the clear.

We have no idea what the true % positive has been since this thing started but DHEC has used inflated numbers to make everyone believe it is everywhere and you will probably get infected if you go out to eat or have a party with more than 5 people. They have intentionally manipulated data to force people to behave a certain way.

It is obvious the true number has been at worst 10% since this thing started. Probably well below that over the last month as cases have dropped in half. We are probably at a % positive that indicates the virus is basically being contained and it is okay to get on with your life with common sense prevention.

Just curious why so many of you think the government in this state would want to shut the state down? You do realize that McMaster is a Republican, and this is a very Republican state. So, help me understand why the governing body of this state would want to hut it down for political reasons?

My gut tells me he didn't know DHEC was telling labs to only report the positives. He has been at odds with DHEC guidance since this thing started. They wanted a much more restrictive policy. Seems pretty obvious they would cook the stats to force him to play along.

Reactions: dktum and 1983Grad

Backpedal... come on!... keep going!

I know a South Carolina House Representative who says he has confirmed Richland County has falsified death certificates with COVID. He says they go back in session Sept. 15 and many are going to fight like hell to end this state of emergency.

Serious question here, not an attack:

If the exaggeration of COVID-19 is a liberal plot to, at the very least, attempt to sway voters to vote Trump out in November, and if Henry McMaster is a huge Trump guy which I understand him to be, then why did he make the executive order to put South Carolina into a state of emergency?

Corruption is cool with you, I see. People lost their businesses, jobs, livelihoods based on falsified % positive numbers used to shut down the state, but that’s cool.
Find me an article saying that the stay-at-home order was due to percent positive. You can't because that was not the case. The REPUBLICAN governor shut businesses down when the number of positive tests was barely over 1000. You tell me what the percent positive was when the number of positive tests was that low.

Serious question here, not an attack:

If the exaggeration of COVID-19 is a liberal plot to, at the very least, attempt to sway voters to vote Trump out in November, and if Henry McMaster is a huge Trump guy which I understand him to be, then why did he make the executive order to put South Carolina into a state of emergency?

Do you actually think any leader can just ignore mob rule in the world we live in today?

Get serious... Even Trump had to play the game. He’s a genius, which is now being proven so even more. He’s always 2 steps ahead. Always.

ADVERTISEMENT