ADVERTISEMENT

Every South Carolinian should be outraged over this

Look what has happened to businesses, schools and our football because of all this dishonest reporting of the numbers! And it was calculated and intentional with an election in mind from the very beginning! It’s outrageous. So many gullible people. I’m livid.
The Republicans did make a mess of this by shutting it down.

So, the LabCorp/DHEC lab accounts for more than half the tests and is at 10.5% positive. Let's they account for 55% of the total tests. Simple math:
0.55 x 0.105 + 0.45x = 0.156. The other 45% of the testing agencies are reporting 21.8% positive rates. While not reporting the negative test results is obviously wrong, it's wasn't going to make the % positive go to some low number like 5% as so many seem to be suggesting. I'd be willing to bet it should be closer to 12% or so. That's still much higher than they want. And it doesn't change the number of positive tests that have been reported. The College of Charleston is about to blow up, and the on-campus kids aren't even back yet. My daughter had a roommate test positive, some other teammates' roommate test positive, and more than half the volleyball and baseball teams have tested positive after back to school parties.

Do you get off on bad news? I'm serious..........what's your motivation? You may be the most fearful person on this board.

Find me an article saying that the stay-at-home order was due to percent positive. You can't because that was not the case. The REPUBLICAN governor shut businesses down when the number of positive tests was barely over 1000. You tell me what the percent positive was when the number of positive tests was that low.
How do we know the true % positive.

OP’s link as exhibit A.

Just curious why so many of you think the government in this state would want to shut the state down? You do realize that McMaster is a Republican, and this is a very Republican state. So, help me understand why the governing body of this state would want to hut it down for political reasons?

Im no engineer but I'd take a wild ass guess that some liberals at dhec went rogue with their own agenda...

Find me an article saying that the stay-at-home order was due to percent positive. You can't because that was not the case. The REPUBLICAN governor shut businesses down when the number of positive tests was barely over 1000. You tell me what the percent positive was when the number of positive tests was that low.

“It’s all Trump’s fault!”

Hahaha

You are eventually, really going to wonder why you wasted so much time under that bed.
Trust me, I've been working like I have before the virus ever started. Now, I have been wearing a mask when required to do so or when others around me do. Been just as busy as I was last year. Just not mentally unstable enough to have about 5 conspiracy theories going on at the same time. There's a handful of you posters in here that REALLY need to be on schizophrenia medicine

Serious question here, not an attack:

If the exaggeration of COVID-19 is a liberal plot to, at the very least, attempt to sway voters to vote Trump out in November, and if Henry McMaster is a huge Trump guy which I understand him to be, then why did he make the executive order to put South Carolina into a state of emergency?

Because it was legitimately an unknown what this virus was at the time. You had "experts" predicting 2.5 million deaths if the nation didn't lock down.

He was among the first to reopen. I guess you forgot that.

LMAO. So, since they didn't report the number of negative tests, the number of positive tests is not correct either. So, is it lower or higher, since you seem to have an inside source? I know close to 40 people that have had Covid-19. And that's just in the upstate. So, do you have an intelligent answer for me as to why people chose to use a number for some arguments and ignore the same number for others? And no worries on shocking my employer since I own my own firm.

You have 40 people living with you in your basement?

Reactions: dktum and Tigerbomb

If the exaggeration of COVID-19 is a liberal plot to, at the very least, attempt to sway voters to vote Trump out in November, and if Henry McMaster is a huge Trump guy which I understand him to be, then why did he make the executive order to put South Carolina into a state of emergency?
Winner, Winner!

Reactions: Jwilliamsiii
Trust me, I've been working like I have before the virus ever started. Now, I have been wearing a mask when required to do so or when others around me do. Been just as busy as I was last year. Just not mentally unstable enough to have about 5 conspiracy theories going on at the same time. There's a handful of you posters in here that REALLY need to be on schizophrenia medicine

Your mental wheels are falling off. I know you’re a bright guy, you just became duped by your political desires. I’ll show mercy on you.

Do you actually think any leader can just ignore mob rule in the world we live in today?

Get serious... Even Trump had to play the game. He’s a genius, which is now being proven so even more. He’s always 2 steps ahead. Always.
That makes sense because there are SO many more Democrats in SC than Republicans. You can't make this stuff up.

Do you actually think any leader can just ignore mob rule in the world we live in today?

Get serious... Even Trump had to play the game. He’s a genius, which is now being proven so even more. He’s always 2 steps ahead. Always.

McMaster had to cave to mob rule in South Carolina because the citizenry were demanding a lockdown? Nobody gave half a crap. Remember the time he closed the boat landings because people cared so little? Your post doesn’t make any sense at all.

Reactions: dktum
Just curious why so many of you think the government in this state would want to shut the state down? You do realize that McMaster is a Republican, and this is a very Republican state. So, help me understand why the governing body of this state would want to hut it down for political reasons?

Sweet shit, stop changing the subject. No one thinks Republicans want to shut down anything. However no one is so naive to believe there's not any liberals in govt agencies that would love to make the numbers worse. The DHEC #s are used for decision making throughout the state.

You're a fool if you can't see that politicizing the virus has been one of the top goals of your party. If you weren't a flaming liberal, you wouldn't even be in this thread. Don't even think of pulling a kgwillison and claim to be a conservative. I'm done with you and your ridiculous agenda.

McMaster had to cave to mob rule in South Carolina because the citizenry were demanding a lockdown? Nobody gave half a crap. Remember the time he closed the boat landings because people cared so little? Your post doesn’t make any sense at all.

With all due respect, wake up. Sheep exist on both sides, and politicians look out for... their political careers. Have you missed the cancel culture phenomenon we currently live in?

Reactions: Trading Tiger

Goodness, I was giving you the benefit of the doubt about trusting the DHEC data. However now that I see you have an agenda coupled with terrible analytical skills, you'll no longer receive that from me.

JorRUWo.png

Reactions: CU91ENGR
Goodness, I was giving you the benefit of the doubt about trusting the DHEC data. However now that I see you have an agenda coupled with terrible analytical skills, you'll no longer receive that from me.

I will write that down in my book of lost treasures.

From the OVERWHELMING number of Democrats in this state. I mean Trump only carried this state by over 15% in 2016.

You're the least intelligent engineer I have ever encountered. The rest of the country was reacting to what was going on in New York originally. Liberal media was reporting South Carolina's high numbers ACROSS THE NATION contantly. No one here thinks liberals are doing underhanded things in SC to prevent Trump from carrying South Carolina. Are you really this obtuse?

Just quit, you are making yourself sound dumber by the post.

So you think everyone at DHEC is a Republican? Do you realize many people in Government are liberals? They have a vested interest in the growth of Government. It plays into their long term career plans.
I know this state is run by a Republican that was essentially handpicked by Trump. I know the SC Senate (59% Republican) and House (63% Republican) both have Republican majority. Marshall Taylor, who is acting director of DHEC, is a Republican. Before Taylor, Toomey ran DHEC (until June 2020) and he was appointed by McMaster. Who else do you want?

You're an engineer, and you cannot see how none of the dhec data can be trusted? I'm embarrassed for you. Your employer would be shocked.
I have a feeling @CU91ENGR started out as an engineering major, the same way that I did in 2000, but then he switched into something like the Clemson equivalent of African American studies. His handle should be CU91ENGR96FOR

There's no way that dude has a legit engineering degree.

Last edited:
Reactions: dktum and REDSKNDON
Perhaps obtain a self-help book for analytical reasoning. Liberalism is a mental illness.

I asked a question. You didn’t answer it. You said my analytical skills were lacking. It was a question using a basic logical framework. And you couldn’t answer it. And that’s ok.

I know this state is run by a Republican that was essentially handpicked by Trump. I know the SC Senate (59% Republican) and House (63% Republican) both have Republican majority. Marshall Taylor, who is acting director of DHEC, is a Republican. Before Taylor, Toomey ran DHEC (until June 2020) and he was appointed by McMaster. Who else do you want?

You truly are insufferable, the rank and file career employees of government are not appointed and i promise you many, if not most, are blue.

Yep, since you don't have any intelligent answers to any of my responses. Just snarky little comments that show your intelligence.

I actually feel sorry for you at this point. I know it’s embarrassing, and I sincerely don’t like anyone else to feel bad. You brought this on yourself, but we all make mistakes.

However.. i don’t need to say anything else to you. I told you all along.

ADVERTISEMENT