ADVERTISEMENT

Fall sports canceled??

dphil07

The Mariana Trench
Gold Member
Nov 28, 2002
Hearing Clemson is canceling all fall sports. Buddy has a source inside the AD...

Hearing Clemson is canceling all fall sports. Buddy has a source inside the AD...
Bringing the heat! Hope your source is just a wishful thinking Coronabro who doesn’t see that these players all want to play and are in the best hands possible given the circumstances.

mebmkT1.gif

FWIW same dude texted me the morning Deshaun suited up against SCAR with a torn ACL telling me he was playing. Hope it’s false boys
Well, i guess i can take that European vacation i always wanted. Oh, wait, i hear that European nations are not allowing US citizens to enter. Is this true ?

Probably the MAC shutting down to keep the domino effect going and the Big 10 Commissioner saying he prefers a spring season after the Big 10 met and decided no pads allowed in football practices indefinitely. Secondarily, many MAC schools were playing P5 schools, so there are scheduling issues, transfer portal issues, all kinds of unwanted impacts especially if one of the P5 conferences follows suit.
This changes everything.

Reactions: TMcGrady1
I'm praying that it doesn't happen but I think it's more of a realization that is hitting our athletics department that it's about to happen.

I had beers again last night with a conference commissioner that swears it's going to happen. He did say the SEC and ACC are trying to fight it hard..

Reactions: KansasClemson215
I'm praying that it doesn't happen but I think it's more of a realization that is hitting our athletics department that it's about to happen.

I had beers again last night with a conference commissioner that swears it's going to happen. He did say the SEC and ACC are trying to fight it hard..

I would not agree with it, but would not be surprised. If there was one sport that was not going to happen it was always going to be college football. I hold out hope, but slight hope.

Reactions: Cloud 9
Can’t believe this would be a Clemson decision. NCAA or ACC I would understand but Our President is a huge football guy so I’d think he’d go to bat for having a season. I’ll probably just end up being wrong anyways

Reactions: Esso13
TIFWIW, but I just had brunch and mimosas with a guy who had a beer with another guy who smoked a bowl with yet another guy who did a few lines with some Power 5 ADs.

I was told we were “go for launch.” I’m not totally sure if we were talking about football or Space-X. I might have still been a little drunk from last night.

TIFWIW, but I just had brunch and mimosas with a guy who had a beer with another guy who smoked a bowl with yet another guy who did a few lines with some Power 5 ADs.

I was told we were “go for launch.” I’m not totally sure if we were talking about football or Space-X. I might have still been a little drunk from last night.
I herd the same thing from a friend of a short order cook at Huddle House.

Reactions: tigerragman
My prediction if Biden wins...the media narrative will change to:

We understand now that this virus is going to be with us for a long time. We are going to have to continue using common sense, but we must also continue to live life. Our death rates are declining and we are improving our treatments. We have to be smart but not live in fear.

Think you will see much more positive media spin without the fear driven approach.

Which conference?

Can’t believe this would be a Clemson decision. NCAA or ACC I would understand but Our President is a huge football guy so I’d think he’d go to bat for having a season. I’ll probably just end up being wrong anyways
I agree . Clemson will not be the first to announce and you are right the ACC has to vote on playing . NCAA right now can only make a recommendation since they don’t control football (bcs) like other sports.

If this happens, I will forever blame the fear mongers on this site and all of those like them.

Ranked number 1 preseason too with Tlaw and ETN
And there will be some ignorant enough to blame all the assholes who refused to do something as simple as wear a f’n mask.

My prediction if Biden wins...the media narrative will change to:

We understand now that this virus is going to be with us for a long time. We are going to have to continue using common sense, but we must also continue to live life. Our death rates are declining and we are improving our treatments. We have to be smart but not live in fear.

Think you will see much more positive media spin without the fear driven approach.
I hear ya, but seriously, if Biden wins, the media will go completely silent on covid, the same way they did with the swine flu, Ebola outbreak, and that other pandemic that was ignored while Obama was in office.

A lot of the conspiracy theorists point to that article several years back where Fauci states that the Trump administration will face a surprise outbreak as evidence that the whole thing is either a hoax, or that it was released intentionally. The truth is, there are pandemics every other year or so. What Trump is having to face that no other President ever did is the MSM abandoning their last shred of professionalism and objectivity, to do whatever they can to prove orange man bad.

ADVERTISEMENT