ADVERTISEMENT

Fauci bringing the heat!

80 years old. Gotta laugh at the people who’ve made him their scapegoat. Very bizarre, just like the reactions to various public health measures.

Dude is the foremost virus expert in the US... possibly the world. BUT he disagreed with Trump in public. He must be destroyed. I been saying it since he disagreed back in April.. and he hasn't been on a WH briefing since. All this dude has done is research on some of the deadliest lifeforms on the planet for the last 40 years. But when you disagree with a sleezy, lying former real estate agent from NY City, none of that matters.

And now the man and his family are getting death threats and have to have security to keep the crazies away...

All politics aside...I find it extremely bothersome when a grown man can’t throw a round object 60-ft in the general direction of another individual

Maybe I am just weird

Dude is the foremost virus expert in the US... possibly the world. BUT he disagreed with Trump in public. He must be destroyed. I been saying it since he disagreed back in April.. and he hasn't been on a WH briefing since. All this dude has done is research on some of the deadliest lifeforms on the planet for the last 40 years. But when you disagree with a sleezy, lying former real estate agent from NY City, none of that matters.

And now the man and his family are getting death threats and have to have security to keep the crazies away...
The thing is, he's Trump's guy. And he goes out of his way not to disagree with Trump. So I don't really even get the people who are claiming he's somehow anti-Trump, either from the people who think that's a good thing or from the people who think that's a bad thing. I think the problem is less that Fauci disagrees with Trump than that (1) a lot of the populist types who love Trump don't like the public health policies coming out of the Trump administration, so they need a scapegoat to stand in for Trump and (2) people who hate Trump are holding up Fauci as a more important authority than Trump, or as opposed to Trump, and that irks Trump's people.

Meanwhile, Fauci still heads up the NIAID, and is going to be back on daily press-conferences with Trump. Things would be less confusing to people if they wouldn't politicize everything.

All politics aside...I find it extremely bothersome when a grown man can’t throw a round object 60-ft in the general direction of another individual

Maybe I am just weird
The job of a father is to teach his son to properly throw a football/baseball. If your father didn't teach you to throw properly, you should find someone that can and have them teach your kids. The circle of uncoordination must be broken. It's so depressing to watch grown men throw like they've been on a 36 hour bender and have no motor skills.

The thing is, he's Trump's guy. And he goes out of his way not to disagree with Trump. So I don't really even get the people who are claiming he's somehow anti-Trump, either from the people who think that's a good thing or from the people who think that's a bad thing. I think the problem is less that Fauci disagrees with Trump than that (1) a lot of the populist types who love Trump don't like the public health policies coming out of the Trump administration, so they need a scapegoat to stand in for Trump and (2) people who hate Trump are holding up Fauci as a more important authority than Trump, or as opposed to Trump, and that irks Trump's people.

Meanwhile, Fauci still heads up the NIAID, and is going to be back on daily press-conferences with Trump. Things would be less confusing to people if they wouldn't politicize everything.

I agree mostly. Fauci does go FAR out of his way to avoid conflict with Trump. But Dude, the simple truth is that Trump is only NOW starting to admit that the virus isn't "just going to vainish". And once this virus got really going in the US in April, Trump was consistently saying that this would be over soon (I think the "summer heat" was supposed to kill it off). Fauci flat out contradicted Trump in a couple of press briefings on these predictions. THAT my friend is UNFORGIVABLE... and you haven't seen Fauci in a official briefing since. The folks who love Trump, LOVE what's coming out of Trump's mouth and consistently want to destroy anyone and everyone who disagrees with him. I do agree that the folks that hate Trump (and I certainly fall into that category) do indeed hold up the guy who is the head of infectious diseases in the US and has over 40 years experience working with them as more of an authority thanTrump is on this virus.

I most certainly DO NOT agree that Fauci will be back on official briefings with Trump. That's not going to happen EVER. Fauci is now the enemy and must be destroyed. Now he's pretty popular, so Trump can't just go right after him. You are going to see more "rogue" reports of Fauci. Trump is already doing his normal thing... "I like <insert person Trump needs to get rid of here> but he sure makes a lot of mistakes". Soon it will be "I don't have a problem with <insert person Trump needs to get rid of here>, BUT I'm hearing from a lot of people that <insert unproven allegation here>. This will go on for a while until no one knows what to believe. It's going to happen. Fauci MAY survive, but only b/c there's an election coming and Trump doesn't have the time or the policial capital to spend on Fauci in the little time before the election.

We'll see... Let's keep an eye out on the official briefings. IF Fauci starts speaking again, you can certainly say you told me so.... :).

I agree mostly. Fauci does go FAR out of his way to avoid conflict with Trump. But Dude, the simple truth is that Trump is only NOW starting to admit that the virus isn't "just going to vainish". And once this virus got really going in the US in April, Trump was consistently saying that this would be over soon (I think the "summer heat" was supposed to kill it off). Fauci flat out contradicted Trump in a couple of press briefings on these predictions. THAT my friend is UNFORGIVABLE... and you haven't seen Fauci in a official briefing since. The folks who love Trump, LOVE what's coming out of Trump's mouth and consistently want to destroy anyone and everyone who disagrees with him. I do agree that the folks that hate Trump (and I certainly fall into that category) do indeed hold up the guy who is the head of infectious diseases in the US and has over 40 years experience working with them as more of an authority thanTrump is on this virus.

I most certainly DO NOT agree that Fauci will be back on official briefings with Trump. That's not going to happen EVER. Fauci is now the enemy and must be destroyed. Now he's pretty popular, so Trump can't just go right after him. You are going to see more "rogue" reports of Fauci. Trump is already doing his normal thing... "I like <insert person Trump needs to get rid of here> but he sure makes a lot of mistakes". Soon it will be "I don't have a problem with <insert person Trump needs to get rid of here>, BUT I'm hearing from a lot of people that <insert unproven allegation here>. This will go on for a while until no one knows what to believe. It's going to happen. Fauci MAY survive, but only b/c there's an election coming and Trump doesn't have the time or the policial capital to spend on Fauci in the little time before the election.

We'll see... Let's keep an eye out on the official briefings. IF Fauci starts speaking again, you can certainly say you told me so.... :).
I suppose what I'm saying is that there really is a "both sides" thing going on here with the politicization of the response to the virus. Trump is certainly a doofus and should be ignored when talking about anything complex, but the portrayal of Fauci as being totally at odds with the Trump administration also seems like misguided partisanship to me, too. The more that narrative about Fauci is pushed, unfortunately the more the Trump partisans treat Fauci as another "corrupt swamp creature" who's opposed to their populist plans.

ADVERTISEMENT