ADVERTISEMENT

FBI whistleblower alleges Jan. 6 cases manipulated to create illusion of national crisis

TigerGrowls

Woodrush
Gold Member
Dec 21, 2001
We already know this but its good to see them bringing it up in congress. And we absolutely have to respect the brave whistleblowers just as the media did for the previous ones....right libs?

Lawmaker says FBI shift in focus is coming at the expense of other crimes, including child sex exploitation.

By John Solomon
Updated: September 19, 2022 - 11:49pm
The top Republican on the House Judiciary Committee said Monday a whistleblower has come forward detailing how the FBI is manipulating cases related to the Jan. 6 Capitol riot to create "the illusion" that domestic violent extremism is a widespread problem in the United States.
Rep. Jim Jordan (R-Ohio) said in a letter to FBI Director Christopher Wray that the "manipulative case-file practice" was being conducted by the bureau's Washington field office, which was instructing local FBI offices to open up cases on their books that were in fact simply related to the Capitol breach.
"The FBI's case categorization creates the illusion that threats from DVE are present in jurisdictions across the nation, when in reality they all stem from the same related investigation concerning the actions at the Capitol on January 6," Jordan wrote.
"Such an artificial case categorization scheme allows FBI leadership to misleadingly point to 'significant' increases in DVE threats nationwide," he added.
You can read the letter here:
File
2022-09-19-JDJ-to-Wray-re-WFO-DT-investigations.pdf
The Republican lawmaker said the whistleblower's description is "consistent with disclosures we have received from other whistleblowers that high-ranking FBI officials — including a senior WFO official — are pressing front-line agents to categorize cases as DVE matters to fit a political narrative."
The activity comes as President Joe Biden and his team try to make the case that supporters of Donald Trump are creating a crisis of extremism in the United States, a case he made in a widely panned speech in Pennsylvania a few weeks ago.
Jordan said the FBI's shifted focus is coming at the expense of other crimes, including the investigation of child sex exploitation.
"The whistleblower disclosed that the FBI is sacrificing its other important federal law-enforcement duties to pursue January 6 investigations," Jordan wrote. "The whistleblower recalled, for example, being told that child sexual abuse material investigations were no longer an FBI priority and should be referred to local law enforcement agencies.
"Such a posture is not only a dereliction of the FBI's mission to investigate violations of federal laws, but it is a grave disservice to the victims of child sexual abuse and other crimes that do not advance the FBI leadership's political agenda."

If this whistleblower is legit then there is a huge and serious problem with FBI/DOJ.

FBI whistleblower says SWAT teams being misused, J6 defendants' rights trampled​

Suspended agent says he and others are being listed "as Affiants on search and arrest warrant affidavits for subjects" whom they "have never investigated or even interviewed."

By John Solomon
Updated: September 25, 2022 - 11:15pm
An FBI whistleblower has reported to the Office of Special Counsel that he believes the bureau and Justice Department are violating the constitutional rights of Jan. 6 defendants, falsifying statistics on domestic extremism and misusing SWAT teams to make misdemeanor arrests, according to a copy of the complaint reviewed by Just the News.
Special Agent Stephen M. Friend, who works for the FBI in Florida and serves as a SWAT team member, told the main federal whistleblower office in Washington he had an "exemplary" work record since he joined the bureau in 2014 and even won awards but was suspended in recent days after he began raising concerns about the FBI's and DOJ's conduct in the Jan. 6 investigation
"I believed the investigations were inconsistent with FBI procedure and resulted in the violation of citizens' Sixth and Eighth Amendment rights," Friend wrote. "I added that many of my colleagues expressed similar concerns to me but had not vocalized their objections to FBI Executive Management."
The FBI national press office did not immediately respond to a request for comment sent on Friday.
Friend said one of his many concerns is that the FBI is using SWAT teams to arrest Jan. 6 defendants facing misdemeanor charges, violating the bureau's Domestic Investigations and Operations Guide and creating a potentially unsafe encounter.
"I responded that it was inappropriate to use an FBI SWAT team to arrest a subject for misdemeanor offenses and opined that the subject would likely face extended detainment and biased jury pools in Washington D.C.," Friend wrote in his whistleblower complaint. "I suggested alternatives such as the issuance of a court summons or utilizing surveillance groups to determine an optimal, safe time for a local sheriff deputy to contact the subjects and advise them about the existence of the arrest warrant."
The agent said when he suggested alternatives for arresting suspects in minor Jan. 6 cases one of his bosses "told me that FBI executive management considered all potential alternatives and determined the SWAT takedown was the appropriate course of action."
Friend said he believes the Jan. 6 investigation has involved "overzealous charging by the DOJ and biased jury pools in Washington D.C." and that the heavy-handed tactics smacked of prior FBI mistakes like the Ruby Ridge tragedy in the 1990s.
Friend also confirmed allegations first raised by Rep. Jim Jordan of Ohio, the top Republican on the House Judiciary Committee, that the FBI field office in Washington D.C. was opening Jan. 6 cases in other field offices across the country, creating a false data trail suggesting a nationwide problem with domestic violent extremism when in fact the cases all stemmed from the Capitol riot in the nation's capital.
Friend said he was assigned 36 Jan. 6 investigations for Florida alone and that one consequence of the data manipulation is that agents in field offices across the country are being listed as affiants for search and arrest warrants for subjects they actually had not investigated.
"There are active criminal investigations of J6 subjects in which I am listed as the 'Case Agent,' but have not done any investigative work," Friend wrote in the complaint. "Additionally, my supervisor has not approved any paperwork within the file. J6 Task Force members are serving as Affiants on search and arrest warrant affidavits for subjects whom I have never investigated or even interviewed but am listed as a Case Agent."
Another consequence, Friend said, is that agents are being told to deprioritize other investigations of serious crimes like child sex exploitation.
"I was also told that child sexual abuse material investigations were no longer an FBI priority and should be referred to local law enforcement agencies," he wrote.
In an interview Friday, Jordan confirmed his office has had contact with Friend and that he expressed concerns about the deployment of FBI SWAT teams for misdemeanor cases.
"There's other ways to do this, in this agent's assessment of things, and he wanted to let our office know that," Jordan told Just the News. "Again, I guess you step back and think of it for a second. There were other ways to deal with President Trump. I mean, for goodness sake.

Rep. Jordan: Whistleblowers say FBI 'pulling agents off child abuse cases to focus on' domestic extremists narrativeRep. Jordan: Whistleblowers say FBI 'pulling agents off child abuse cases to focus on' domestic extremists narrative

"You had Joe Biden's Justice Department raid the home of a former president, take the phone of a sitting member of Congress, call half the country fascists and extremists," he added.

Reactions: TigerRagRob

FBI Purging Conservative Employees and Retaliating Against Whistleblowers​

By Cristina Laila
Published September 29, 2022 at 5:15pm
IMG_6362.jpg

The FBI is purging ‘conservative’ employees and retaliating against bureau whistleblowers, according to Congressman Jim Jordan (OH).
At least 14 FBI whistleblowers have gone to Rep. Jordan with allegations of misconduct and abuse within the bureau under Christopher Wray’s leadership.
Rep. Jordan received new information about retaliation against at least one whistleblower and a ‘purge’ of conservative employees.
Jim Jordan said security clearances of conservative employees are being revoked as punishment.
TRENDING: EXCLUSIVE: Petition Filed with the US Supreme Court Against Dominion, Facebook and CFCL in "A Case of Great National Importance"
Fox News reported:
The FBI is allegedly engaging in a “purge” of employees with conservative viewpoints and retaliating against whistleblowers who have made protected disclosures to Congress by revoking security clearances, the top Republican on the House Judiciary Committee Rep. Jim Jordan told Fox News Digital.
Jordan, in a letter exclusively obtained by Fox News Digital, and written to FBI executive assistant director of the Human Resources branch Jennifer Moore, the congressman says he has received information of retaliation against FBI employees who have confidentially reported alleged misconduct to Congress.
“During the course of this investigation, we have received protected whistleblower disclosures that the FBI is engaging in a ‘purge’ of employees with conservative views by revoking their security clearances and indefinitely suspending these employees,” Jordan wrote, noting that “many of the formal notices” for those personnel actions had been signed by Moore.
Jordan also wrote that he has information suggesting Moore has “retaliated against at least one whistleblower who has made protected disclosures to Congress.”
That whistleblower, Jordan told Fox News Digital, shared information with the committee notifying them about the Justice Department’s efforts last fall to set up a threat tag label against parents to identify threats at school board meetings against faculty and to then “prosecute them when appropriate.”
Read the full report by Fox News here.

ADVERTISEMENT