ADVERTISEMENT

Follow the Science?

Sure, that’s why I said 99% not 100%. You’ll find a few people here and there that disagree but for every one you find, I could name ten more that agree. They’re the outlier.
And I’m not even trying to argue that I’m 100% certain I’m right. I never say that in my office. I’m not God, I can almost never give you a 100% answer in medicine. All we can do as physicians is follow the data. My point here is that 99% of physicians have followed the data to the same conclusions, and that’s a pretty significant thing.
I was a pretty apolitical guy until politics started throwing a wrench in my profession. I pretty much despise Trump for what he did to cause mass confusion and distrust of the healthcare system. Now, I agree that the CDC and Fauci at times did a REALLY poor job on messaging and that didn’t help. For instance, I was really disappointed initially when Fauci told the public not to go out and buy masks because they weren’t going to help. He was speaking hyperbolically. The idea at that time was that we were in a very real crunch of medical professionals potentially not having enough PPE and they didn’t want the public buying up what PPE there was available. But then he had to reverse course later and encourage mask wearing. Which sowed public distrust and Trump pounced on it for political points. What he should have said was “hey masks do work but they only work really well if everyone is wearing one. So you going out and getting a mask while no one else has one in isn’t going to help you all that much. So, please, right now, don’t get them. Medical professionals desperately need these and if the public at large is buying it all, the people who REALLY need it are going to suffer.” Then you don’t backtrack when guidance changes. But that’s a really tough job to try to communicate to the public so I give him some grace for mistakes he made.
I would not agree with the 99% being in agreement. There are a lot of doctors openly against masking and mandatory vaccinations and there are even more that disagree that are hesitant to speak openly due to fear of reprisal.

You'll be happy to know that about a quarter to a third of the CDC leadership is still acting. I'd like to know what interference you're referring to? That would be interesting to hear all about!

EDIT: One thing the data shows from all of this is that all sides played politics with all aspects of this situation which is truly sad. We seem to do that with everything now. It's never ending. That's why I don't understand why you'd pick a side in this. All are at fault. There is no innocent or virtuous party here.

Hell in Los Angeles they are still making kids wear masks to play basketball and if they are over 12 they have to produce and ID card to show they are vaccinated. Even now... it's political everywhere and has been since the beginning.

I have a friend who works in the CDC. According to him, at one point the White House demanded that all public messaging go through them. This created some issues in communication. Whether you call that "interference". is up to you.

Oh and thank you. Seeing you lecture someone else for "condescension" made me LOL on this Monday morning.

• Love
Reactions: dpic73
I have a friend who works in the CDC. According to him, at one point the White House demanded that all public messaging go through them. This created some issues in communication. Whether you call that "interference". is up to you.

Oh and thank you. Seeing you lecture someone else for "condescension" made me LOL on this Monday morning.

Yes, I did read about that. I was mainly interested in the part before. He did say from 2017 to 2021.

And as for the part about condescension, we all fall into that trap from time to time. I'm happy to admit that. I'm just a human who falls short in so many ways on a daily basis.

That’s why every healthcare system in the U.S., including Duke, is still requiring people to mask. Do you think we are just doing it for fun? Do you think every physician is just making this up? That we all know less about the spread of disease than you? It’s astounding how much people think they know about this topic when, in reality, you know almost nothing.
WTF would you still wear a mask? Newsflash....COVID 19 is over. I was just at my doctor and yes, everyone was wearing masks......the comment from my doctor was, "Yeah this is stupid but they make us do this still."

A cloth mask reduces your chances at getting COVID like underwear prevents you from smelling a fart.

Moving the goal post.

CDC never mandated everyone wear and N95 now did they?
They couldn't because there was never enough N95's for everyone to wear. Not even close. It was an impossibility.

So they, unscientifically, mandated everyone breathe through a cloth mask which never passed the common sense test. You have a virus that was many multiples time smaller than the holes in a cloth mask. The cloth masks collect all kinds of shit on them and no one wears them like they would in a hospital setting.

The data is irrefutable that cloth masks to not stop or prevent the spread of Covid-19. It was a horrible, unscientific idea that was forced upon the masses. Anyone STILL advocating for mask wearing to prevent covid-19 should be ignored and ridiculed.

You'll be happy to know that about a quarter to a third of the CDC leadership is still acting. I'd like to know what interference you're referring to? That would be interesting to hear all about!

At this point, I honestly can’t provide any specifics on the interference. I was simply passing along what I heard from the FTEs that I worked with during my time on that contract, and I’m a few years removed from that work and talking with those people.

And that’s really disappointing to hear that a decent chunk of leadership are still in an “acting” position over there. 25-33% is significantly better than the 66-75% that I remember when I was working in the office of the director, but it’s still incredibly problematic because it’s still enough to make the enforcement of lasting changes more difficult. Needless to say, I continue to have no regrets about leaving that CDC contract to support a different agency.

Moving the goal post.

CDC never mandated everyone wear and N95 now did they?

I didn't move any goalposts. I was responding to a specific statement the poster made and not talking about the CDC at all.

Also here’s a study from my employer! I’m sure you’ll decide it was false because orange man said so. But it’s here nonetheless:

Have you heard of this group? Its big and they disagree with the govt and big pharma story.

Reactions: OleFastball
Have you heard of this group? Its big and they disagree with the govt and big pharma story.

Oh the group headed by those “fringe epidemiologists” from harvard, oxford, and stanford? They dont use “mainstream science”, and there is no room for debate in mainstream science. “Its dangerous” to question mainstream science as its already settled and will never be proven incorrect just as its never been wrong before. Dr fauci “represents science” and so criticizing him is “really criticizing science”. These quotes are directly from our hero dr fauci’s emails with francis collins. Collins was a true patriot making sure to let fauci know this type of thinking couldnt be allowed - fauci was two steps ahead tho confirming a media takedown was already underway. Collins did his part in the efforts to defend mainstream science, taking interviews with mainstream media papers and networks to proclaim faucis gospel of science. These guys are just a bunch of hacks from no name schools who should know not to question mainstream science.

Not really sure what this has to do with my responses pertaining to the science around masking or vaccination? This was a specific push to end lockdowns for a more measured approach. It also came a bit later in the pandemic after we had obtained more data and, I’m pretty sure, after the US had pretty much stopped lockdowns. My understanding is they were targeting countries more like, say, New Zealand who were trying to have a zero COVID policy deep into the pandemic.

Not really sure what this has to do with my responses pertaining to the science around masking or vaccination? This was a specific push to end lockdowns for a more measured approach. It also came a bit later in the pandemic after we had obtained more data and, I’m pretty sure, after the US had pretty much stopped lockdowns. My understanding is they were targeting countries more like, say, New Zealand who were trying to have a zero COVID policy deep into the pandemic.
Well you stated that 99% of medical professionals agree with your viewpoints, so this is just another argument to that statement.

I never said I agreed to extended periods of lockdowns. Nor have I said the medical community at large agrees with that strategy.
But they did.

The medical community stopped using science altogether. Heil Fauci proclaimed that he was the science, which is the exact opposite of science.

The medical community did an awful job in response to this covid pandemic. The CDC, on a scale of 1-10, should receive a grade of around 2 or 3.

Don't get your panties in wad im not attacking you directly, that is unless you are defending them. Its ok to be a doctor and realize the profession as a whole did a very poor job. Self reflection and the ability to take criticism is a good thing.

The good news is that we learned many things. 1) lockdowns are stupid and harmful 2) masks don't work 3) Forced or coerced vaccinations are a bad idea 4) the 6 ft rule was ridiculous. These were all things supported, at some point or another, by the CDC and the medical community at large. They were also supported by a large part of both political parties but more so by democrats. They were certainly supported by the big tech overlords. All of these groups lost a ton of credibility and its a shame because we will probably need them at some point in the future and a large portion of the population won't listen to them.

But they did.

The medical community stopped using science altogether. Heil Fauci proclaimed that he was the science, which is the exact opposite of science.

The medical community did an awful job in response to this covid pandemic. The CDC, on a scale of 1-10, should receive a grade of around 2 or 3.

Don't get your panties in wad im not attacking you directly, that is unless you are defending them. Its ok to be a doctor and realize the profession as a whole did a very poor job. Self reflection and the ability to take criticism is a good thing.

The good news is that we learned many things. 1) lockdowns are stupid and harmful 2) masks don't work 3) Forced or coerced vaccinations are a bad idea 4) the 6 ft rule was ridiculous. These were all things supported, at some point or another, by the CDC and the medical community at large. They were also supported by a large part of both political parties but more so by democrats. They were certainly supported by the big tech overlords. All of these groups lost a ton of credibility and its a shame because we will probably need them at some point in the future and a large portion of the population won't listen to them.
bless your heart.

Another $22.4B for Covid-19 relief coming soon.......what could that possibly be for? It's the common cold at this point. Not sure why people even test for it now.

Won't even comment on the Ukraine funding.....

"President Joe Biden will request $11.7 billion in emergency funding from Congress to provide lethal aid and budget support to Ukraine, and $22.4 billion for COVID-19 relief before a potential fall case surge, the White House said Friday"

Another $22.4B for Covid-19 relief coming soon.......what could that possibly be for? It's the common cold at this point. Not sure why people even test for it now.

Won't even comment on the Ukraine funding.....

"President Joe Biden will request $11.7 billion in emergency funding from Congress to provide lethal aid and budget support to Ukraine, and $22.4 billion for COVID-19 relief before a potential fall case surge, the White House said Friday"

Just backdooring funding for soros margin calls on crm

ADVERTISEMENT