ADVERTISEMENT

Football season in jeopardy?

I thought your hero was responsible for getting the vaccine out so quickly.
Yo dawg, it’s no secret that I’m a Trump supporter…& yes, the vaccine was developed & initially distributed on his watch…but I was never taking it, not on his watch nor on Biden’s…It was developed way too fast for my liking & I never felt comfortable with it…

I think we should just go full bore and let all the anti-vaxxers get it. Will be a huge benefit to the future of human evolution. We are watching survival of the fittest happen in real time.
At least 6100 have died after getting the vaccine per CDC. They had the number at 12k at one point. Swine flue vaccine was stopped after 44 people died after taking it back in the 70’s.

I am about as middle of the road as they come. But would love an answer for people deadset against the vaccine.

Did you vaccinate your kids before they started school?
Did you research the side effects?

No troll but a serious question. I waited and got this vaccination after a period of time so I could study and read for myself the side effects.

But I have a 3yr old that I just let the doctor give whatever shots he tells me to give him. I always thought that people that didn't vaccinate their kids were a little looney honestly. But truthfully is the tide turning to those vaccinations also?
Not FDA approved for one thing. No long term studies is another.

• Haha
Reactions: Cloud 9
If it is the Delta variant then .08 percent according to a study of 65000 Brits. Less than the flue. It's 0 for those under 50.
People under 50 are dying in the US currently and the percentage of deaths that are from that age group is now significant and also among to most likely to be hospitalized. Corresponds with that groups status as the lowest percentage vaccinated as well.

Reactions: fcctiger12
At least 6100 have died after getting the vaccine per CDC. They had the number at 12k at one point. Swine flue vaccine was stopped after 44 people died after taking it back in the 70’s.
Where is the link for this if your implying that 6100 died from direct cause of vaccine and not that 6000 of the millions who've gotten the vaccine have happened to die since the time of receiving I'll be waiting.

You can say what you want in an effort to insult me. You do you. Doesn’t change the fact that there are those with the power to make said decisions use the factual information at hand to make them.
Apparently facts change daily then…

It is factual, roughly 1% of the infected individuals over the last few weeks are vaccinated. This Is based on actual test results. What is your point other than to try To cloud the facts with bullshit.
So you are saying that we have tested all the asymptomatic vaccinated carriers out there? 😂 Ok man. You do realize those numbers can’t even begin to represent vaccinated carriers/ spreaders because most are asymptomatic carriers right. And with that don’t typically get tested at all. Surely you are not that dense.

Reactions: tigerworx
Apparently facts change daily then…
I’m trying really hard not to go down this wormhole of ridiculousness with you…but I will say this. Yes….that’s how science works. You come to conclusions based on all available evidence. And when new evidence is presented, you adjust those conclusions. And so on and so. All fields innovate. That’s the beauty of capitalism. Even the trash man picks up trash a lot different today than he did 10, 20, 30 years ago.

You can say what you want in an effort to insult me. You do you. Doesn’t change the fact that there are those with the power to make said decisions use the factual information at hand to make them.
"Those with the power" Now we are getting some where... you lib Nancy Pelosi lover.

Reactions: tigerworx
For the record, that's what I said waaaaaay back in December 2019/January 2020, along with all of the other folks who don't live their life in fear of catching a virus with a 99%+ survival rate.

I bet you had a shit-eating grin on your face as you typed that, thinking that you were going to show us. But on the contrary, that's what we wanted the whole time.
Are you saying the 'fittest' have natural immunity and actually ARE the fittest?

asking for a vaxer friend

Last edited:
Reactions: Trading Tiger

No idea what is being said or done behind the scenes, but yikes if there are really internal discussions about this again
Has anyone mentioned that the current test cannot differentiate between flu and covid? They are apparently getting ready to start using an updated test that will differentiate. Bet the covid numbers drop and the flu numbers go way up at that point. Do libs want to shut down civilization for the flu at that point?

Reactions: Essolover4
I’m trying really hard not to go down this wormhole of ridiculousness with you…but I will say this. Yes….that’s how science works. You come to conclusions based on all available evidence. And when new evidence is presented, you adjust those conclusions. And so on and so. All fields innovate. That’s the beauty of capitalism. Even the trash man picks up trash a lot different today than he did 10, 20, 30 years ago.
You are absolutely correct here, but you must be smart enough to see the difference. For the love of God, I really hope so. Nobody suggested shutting down the entire country because a few garbage men got accidentally stuck with hypodermic needles.

Reactions: jimbob1019
Has anyone mentioned that the current test cannot differentiate between flu and covid? They are apparently getting ready to start using an updated test that will differentiate. Bet the covid numbers drop and the flu numbers go way up at that point. Do libs want to shut down civilization for the flu at that point?
I’m not sure that is accurate. My daughter had the flu last year. They tested her for covid19 first and she had a negative test. The dr then followed up with a flu test which was positive.

"Those with the power" Now we are getting some where... you lib Nancy Pelosi lover.
Name calling gets us everywhere. Put the drink down. I think you’ve had enough.

And to your point no, I’m not talking Washington politics here and I’m not left leaning.

Last edited:
You are absolutely correct here, but you must be smart enough to see the difference. For the love of God, I really hope so. Nobody suggested shutting down the entire country because a few garbage men got accidentally stuck with hypodermic needles.
That wasn’t at all the intent of that analogy, but okay let’s go there. No they didn’t shut down the entire economy and no they didn’t even stop picking up trash. But garbage men everywhere altered their routines as was recommended in order to avoid those needles. Politicization of garbage man safety didn’t stop them from making changes.

Last edited:
I had the virus and got vaccinated.

My wife had the virus, but did not get vaccinated because she has a rare blood disorder that makes her prone to blood clotting. She wants more time and full approvals before she considers taking the vaccine.

20 year old daughter just got Covid and has mild symptoms so far. Not vaccinated.

18 year old daughter has had neither.

None of us are keen on the girls getting vaccinated until long term affects are known.

Given that they are now saying that vaccinated people still spread the virus, the decision is no longer about consideration of others. It’s only a personal risk assessment. Those in higher risk categories should probably get the vaccination. Those in low risk categories or are concerned about blood disorders, may reasonably opt not too yet.

Last edited:
I had the virus and got vaccinated.

My wife had the virus, but did not get vaccinated because she has a rare blood disorder that makes her prone to blood clotting. She wants more time and full approvals before she considers taking the vaccine.

20 year old daughter just got Covid and has mild symptoms so far. Not vaccinated.

18 year old daughter has had neither.

None of us are keen on the girls getting vaccinated until long term affects are known.

Given that they are now saying that vaccinated people still spread the virus, the decision is no longer about consideration of others. It’s only a personal risk assessment. Those in higher risk categories should probably get the vaccination. Those in low risk categories or are concerned about blood disorders, may reasonably opt not too yet.
Exactly

I’m not sure that is accurate. My daughter had the flu last year. They tested her for covid19 first and she had a negative test. The dr then followed up with a flu test which was positive.

CDC to Start Using a New COVID Test that Will Better Identify Flu Cases After Seasonal Flu Numbers Disappeared in 2020​

By Jim Hoft
Published August 1, 2021 at 11:48am
A new report from the CDC says the flu was measured at historically low levels during the coronavirus pandemic.
The CDC insists this was due to the powerful coronavirus pandemic. The CDC also said this week that the flu numbers are back on the rise.

The CDC also put out a notice on the posts circulating on social media that claim the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention will stop using its covid-19 test because it cannot differentiate between the covid virus and flu viruses. The CDC says there is no truth to those claims.
Here are the seasonal flu numbers for 2019-2020:
TRENDING:
BREAKING EXCLUSIVE: Uncovered Email Shows Milwaukee Elections Executive Woodall-Vogg Laughing About the Election Steal on Election Night
flu-numbers-2019.jpg

And here are the seasonal flu numbers for 2020-2021.
flu-2020-1.jpg

And now the CDC is going with another COVID test that also tests for the flu.
This is the latest move by the CDC that appears highly suspect.
They need to get their program together if they want Americans to trust their continually changing demands.

Reactions: Essolover4
I have been vaccinated and will get the booster when its offered. Vaccinated people are less likely to get the virus, and if they get the virus, the vaccinated are less likely to suffer serious effects. Choosing the vaccine, which has been tested, over the likelihood of getting covid with severe symptoms is a no brainer. Look at the percentages of hospitalized vaccinated vs. hospitalized unvaccinated. Look at the deaths among unvaccinated vs. the vaccinated. Look at the serious side effects of the vaccine. There are almost none. I am really having a hard time knowing who to believe about the vaccine. Should I believe the doctors and epidemiologists or people who could hardly pass science in high school. Tough decision.

I have been vaccinated and will get the booster when its offered. Vaccinated people are less likely to get the virus, and if they get the virus, the vaccinated are less likely to suffer serious effects. Choosing the vaccine, which has been tested, over the likelihood of getting covid with severe symptoms is a no brainer. Look at the percentages of hospitalized vaccinated vs. hospitalized unvaccinated. Look at the deaths among unvaccinated vs. the vaccinated. Look at the serious side effects of the vaccine. There are almost none. I am really having a hard time knowing who to believe about the vaccine. Should I believe the doctors and epidemiologists or people who could hardly pass science in high school. Tough decision.
That’s all mostly true. Except that you are leaving out that healthy people under 35 (if we are going by the numbers presented by the cdc)have virtually little to no ill effects of catching Covid. That’s what the numbers are saying. What incentive do they have to get the vaccine? They virtually have little to no risk. If you want to talk about spread well that’s being proven right now that it is spreading in both communities vaccinated and unvaccinated alike. If you are at risk sure take it. It’s really a no brainer. If you have had Covid or in the low risk category then it isn’t so cut and dry.

That’s all mostly true. Except that you are leaving out that healthy people under 35 (if we are going by the numbers presented by the cdc)have virtually little to no ill effects of catching Covid. That’s what the numbers are saying. What incentive do they have to get the vaccine? They virtually have little to no risk. If you want to talk about spread well that’s being proven right now that it is spreading in both communities vaccinated and unvaccinated alike. If you are at risk sure take it. It’s really a no brainer. If you have had Covid or in the low risk category then it isn’t so cut and dry.
Since less than 1% of vaccinated have break through infections, it actually is a no brainer for anyone eligible for the vaccine to get it. Not sure why you're so hell-bent on this contrarian argument against getting vaccinated. What's your end goal?

"The data reported from these states indicate that breakthrough cases, hospitalizations, and deaths are extremely rare events among those who are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (see Figure 1). The rate of breakthrough cases reported among those fully vaccinated is well below 1% in all reporting states, ranging from 0.01% in Connecticut to 0.29% in Alaska."

Last edited:
Since less than 1% of vaccinated have break through infections, it actually is a no brainer for anyone eligible for the vaccine to get it. Not sure why you're so hell-bent on this contrarian argument against getting vaccinated. What's your end goal?

"The data reported from these states indicate that breakthrough cases, hospitalizations, and deaths are extremely rare events among those who are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (see Figure 1). The rate of breakthrough cases reported among those fully vaccinated is well below 1% in all reporting states, ranging from 0.01% in Connecticut to 0.29% in Alaska."

Easy answers...what is the "breakthrough" cases for those that are unvaccinated? That is mysteriously left out here...also, honest question, how can we seriously trust any data being generated by these folks. Again, very serious question. I lost track of the number of times they have had to walk back previous statements, data, test methods and guidance. Last, why would I take a vaccine for something that is so low risk? You realize, don't you, what a low risk this is, right? No matter who's numbers you look at, the 100% recovery rate is well over 99.9% unless you are over 70 years of age with multiple complicating factors. And, way again should we take an experimental vaccine? This is a reasonable question and position to take.

Contrast the risk with the economic damage, the academic setbacks of our children, the increase in suicides...no way can these costs be justified for COVID... society has lost it's collective mind. This is common sense.

Reactions: TigerGrowls

It’s not contrarian at all really.It’s common sense. The cdc’s own data show that people of a certain age group have little to no risk.What’s so hard for you to except the science/data? The vaccine is stopping hospitalizations and death for those who are at risk no doubt. Everyone in that category should get it if they haven’t had Covid already.Mitigation as a whole isn’t a reason either. They clearly can’t predict how many asymptomatic vaccinated carriers are out there spreading Covid. How can they. Don’t be dense man. That 1% number can only find those that present symptoms and test. Look at the news anytime they are testing these sports teams they are finding more than 1% vaccinated asymptomatic that are infected. It’s more of they just are not catching the asymptomatic vaccinated that are infected. Don’t believe me? Why do you think the cdc is now recommending vaccinated wear masks again.

It’s not contrarian at all really.It’s common sense. The cdc’s own data show that people of a certain age group have little to no risk.What’s so hard for you to except the science/data? The vaccine is stopping hospitalizations and death for those who are at risk no doubt. Everyone in that category should get it if they haven’t had Covid already.Mitigation as a whole isn’t a reason either. They clearly can’t predict how many asymptomatic vaccinated carriers are out there spreading Covid. How can they. Don’t be dense man. That 1% number can only find those that present symptoms and test. Look at the news anytime they are testing these sports teams they are finding more than 1% vaccinated asymptomatic that are infected. It’s more of they just are not catching the asymptomatic vaccinated that are infected. Don’t believe me? Why do you think the cdc is now recommending vaccinated wear masks again.
Of course the numbers come from the number of positive tests, but your argument seems to be since there could be more than we know about, younger people should still have the right to spread it. The charts don't lie - areas with high vaccination rates have less reported breakthrough cases, hospitalizations and deaths. But it's like the news that the vaccinated can spread it asymptomatically gave you wings and you can't stop driving home that point. Maybe it's just me but I see no value in your argument.

If its that good then why this 5 alarm fire drill? There should be no issues and we should be in normal life if thats the case. Before this is over it will become self evident that the vaccinated are getting more covid with worse symptoms than the unvaccinated. Just my guess...I do not have anything more than my gut on this prediction.

• Haha
Reactions: acwill07 and dpic73
Of course the numbers come from the number of positive tests, but your argument seems to be since there could be more than we know about, younger people should still have the right to spread it. The charts don't lie - areas with high vaccination rates have less reported breakthrough cases, hospitalizations and deaths. But it's like the news that the vaccinated can spread it asymptomatically gave you wings and you can't stop driving home that point. Maybe it's just me but I see no value in your argument.
I guess I need to know what your definition of break through is. Is it contract and spread or is it hospitalizations and severe illness? Don’t you think when making a decision all information has value especially to age groups who are very low risk? Or is it only the information that leads us to your conclusion of value?

If its that good then why this 5 alarm fire drill? There should be no issues and we should be in normal life if thats the case. Before this is over it will become self evident that the vaccinated are getting more covid with worse symptoms than the unvaccinated. Just my guess...I do not have anything more than my gut on this prediction.
I don’t agree. People at high risk should absolutely get vaccinated. People not in those high risk categories have more of a decision to make as more and more news and data is pointing to getting vaccinated doesn’t mitigate the spread.

I guess I need to know what your definition of break through is. Is it contract and spread or is it hospitalizations and severe illness? Don’t you think when making a decision all information has value especially to age groups who are very low risk? Or is it only the information that leads us to your conclusion of value?
I don't see the value in trying to find a loophole to justify younger people not getting vaccinated because you learned that the vaccinated can also spread. Deaths are not the only outcome that should matter and vaccinations are still our best defense to slow this virus. Its really simple unless you have an unspoken agenda.

Reactions: fcctiger12
I don't see the value in trying to find a loophole to justify younger people not getting vaccinated because you learned that the vaccinated can also spread. Deaths are not the only outcome that should matter and vaccinations are still our best defense to slow this virus. Its really simple unless you have an unspoken agenda.
So the numbers being presented by the cdc are a loop hole now? 😂 shouldn’t you always weigh your risk factors when taking a medication? (Especially when dealing with children) I don’t understand people like you. Deaths are not the only outcome either never said that but if you believe the cdc hospitalization numbers certain age groups have almost no risk and certainly not higher than other illnesses. If you want to talk mitigation well you certainly can try that tactic but again recent headlines and the cdc recommending masks for the vaccinated don’t paint that picture. With that knowledge what purpose does a vaccine have for people in those low risk categories? If you have a very low chance of sickness/ death and mitigation is proving to be a nonfactor what other reason do you have? You call it a loophole. I call it critical thinking. Again with all that said the high risk group should get the vaccine but lets stop pretending that we need to stick every low risk person out there especially our children because of some false mitigation narrative.

So the numbers being presented by the cdc are a loop hole now? 😂 shouldn’t you always weigh your risk factors when taking a medication? (Especially when dealing with children) I don’t understand people like you. Deaths are not the only outcome either never said that but if you believe the cdc hospitalization numbers certain age groups have almost no risk and certainly not higher than other illnesses. If you want to talk mitigation well you certainly can try that tactic but again recent headlines and the cdc recommending masks for the vaccinated don’t paint that picture. With that knowledge what purpose does a vaccine have for people in those low risk categories? If you have a very low chance of sickness/ death and mitigation is proving to be a nonfactor what other reason do you have? You call it a loophole. I call it critical thinking. Again with all that said the high risk group should get the vaccine but lets stop pretending that we need to stick every low risk person out there especially our children because of some false mitigation narrative.
  • The CDC isn't trying to create a loophole - you are
  • The risk from taking the vaccine is virtually zero
  • You have a higher chance of transmitting the virus if you're unvaccinated - again, the numbers bear that out.
  • This isn't as hard as you want it to be......for some unspoken reason.
"Almost 50% of the patients are under age 50. Fifty patients are in the ICU, and 11 of them are children."

Last edited:
  • The CDC isn't trying to create a loophole - you are
  • The risk from taking the vaccine is virtually zero
  • You have a higher chance of transmitting the virus if you're unvaccinated - again, the numbers bear that out.
  • This isn't as hard as you want it to be......for some unspoken reason.
"Almost 50% of the patients are under age 50. Fifty patients are in the ICU, and 11 of them are children."

So now you are going to post a link with antidotal evidence from CNN on one hospital instead of using data from the cdc to prove your point? Ok man. The numbers don’t represent vaccinated asymptomatic transmission I thought we already established that. Again it isn’t a loophole it is common sense. Here you go I guess this is fake news….

This is one of many. Oh and by the way since you refuse to acknowledge it why is it you think the vaccinated are recommended to wear masks again? Could it be that there is more vaccinated transmission than you want to acknowledge? Vaccine bullies like yourself claim to believe the science but when the science changes an new data comes to light you refuse to except it. It’s ok though you can go back to clutching the pearls and watching CNN. 😂 I suggest you educated yourself with the actual data from the cdc and less meaningless drivel from cnn and Fox News.

Reactions: TigerGrowls
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT