ADVERTISEMENT

For all you knuckleheads that said the racism bad press wouldn’t effect recruiting

Paws14

The Jack Dunlap Club
Gold Member
Aug 13, 2012
Ohio State has flipped Hancock and will likely get Carter now too because of it. They pushed the angle nonstop

So Clemson is now full of racists and a bad environment for black men? GTFO.
You had a white man in a position of power use the N word multiple times while talking to a black player. You can bounce around it all you want but other college programs will kill you with that.

And to bypass the obvious thing about it being wrong Pearman used the word, he's also our worst coach in recruiting and on the field. Dabo mishandled this situation and if these players decommit then that's his fault.

You had a white man in a position of power use the N word multiple times while talking to a black player. You can bounce around it all you want but other college programs will kill you with that.

And to bypass the obvious thing about it being wrong Pearman used the word, he's also our worst coach in recruiting and on the field. Dabo mishandled this situation and if these players decommit then that's his fault.
No, Dabo didn’t mishandle the situation..,

The situation was HANDLED three years ago...

Just turns out some pansy-ass former walk-on couldn’t be a grown ass man & let the past be the past....just had to have his 15 minutes of fame cause he was never good enough to actually get it on the field...

FWIW his would be position coach at Clemson is black. I would like to think they've had some meaningful conversations about what's happened lately. Seems like I also remember him being a HEAVY Ohio State lean before committing and the negative press with a lack of in person contact tipped the iceberg back in that direction.

Just turns out some pansy-ass former walk-on couldn’t be a grown ass man & let the past be the past....just had to have his 15 minutes of fame cause he was never good enough to actually get it on the field...
I cannot imagine being this obtuse

Reactions: ClemTiger9
I’m sure the board racists will blame it on something else.

Also, anyone who is surprised by this is an idiot.

Certainly lying to yourself about causes and effects, publicly spueing when you don't personally know - certainly THAT will help the university, and the young men involved. While you're at it defaming entire categories of people you don't know but don't approve of - that's a real boost to recruiting too.

Good plan.

Reactions: Tigerfan8002
Ohio State has flipped Hancock and will likely get Carter now too because of it. They pushed the angle nonstop
Honestly I think this potentially hurts us with younger prospects than the current 2021 class. These guys have already met Dabo, have a relationship with Clemson, etc. it’s those younger guys that might not let us in the door over it that’s more of a concern.

Overall I don’t think it really has a lasting impact, but might make a difference with a couple major targets.

Reactions: BHSRebels89

Clearly it wasnt handled properly. Otherwise it wouldn't be an issue right now. Dabo messed up. Usually he is good about learning from his mistakes. Hopefully it happens here.

What discipline should DJ Greenlee received for calling one of his team mates the N-word?

Clearly it wasnt handled properly. Otherwise it wouldn't be an issue right now. Dabo messed up. Usually he is good about learning from his mistakes. Hopefully it happens here.
It was handled properly...in-house...as it should’ve been. Dabo even consulted Woody McCorvey about it, who, by the way, is black. But like I said, a pansy-ass walk-on wanted his 15 minutes of fame & he did so at the expense of the program that gave him an opportunity. Not to mention the scholarship player that didn’t help matters at all. Smh

How was it not handled properly? One person tweeted about it who wasn't even there 3 years later.

Do you honestly believe that a group of 100 football players could've kept a "scandal" of a coach saying the N word under wraps?

Imagine how quickly that escalates if there was an issue. Guys telling parents, girlfriends, etc. It would've been all over twitter minutes after practice.

Then, you add in that DJ's dad is on our football staff. Imagine how easily Pearman could've been fired if Larry had any resentment. Obviously, the situation was handled. If it wasn't, then this would've been a huge issue.

This was just a moment for Tuttle to gain attention. No other players backed Tuttle up.

I would think that if it wasn't handled properly, it wouldn't have taken 3 years to come to light, but what do I know? I'm just a sane and logical person, I have no idea how the morons on this planet think.

Jesus, man. Settle down. No need to assault the character of former players.

Last edited:
I would think that if it wasn't handled properly, it wouldn't have taken 3 years to come to light, but what do I know? I'm just a sane and logical person, I have no idea how the morons on this planet think.

I completely understand the difference...black privilege is alive and well.

Lololololol.

Don’t sell yourself short, you are plenty obtuse.
I think it is time for ole John to disappear permanently. A few others who live to make ever thread political should join him. The few of us pre-99 wish Cris would just drop the hammer like he use to. With that said, Dabo has made some mistakes. If there is no season, this sh*t could linger for a while. This country has lost it’s ever loving mind. But we all know what happens when the pendulum swings too far one way..........

OSU hammered the negative recruiting angle (i.e. racism; the 5 confederate flags on campus at the rally; Pearman using the ‘N’ word; Dabo’s initial silence then wearing the ‘football matters’ shirt, etc...) and it worked with Hancock. It isn’t working on Barrett.

Reactions: mccadoyle
@WinstonW101 @MaxCalifornia @Cavitybacks all got on me about this when I posted about it on the Korey Foreman thread. I know with 100% certainty it’s being used against Clemson.
I never disagreed with it being used against Clemson. WTF are you talking about? I was adamant about firing Pearman. I just don't want to disband the university, over it.

You were speaking like a lunatic in that thread and it wasn't the first time. I'm sure it won't be the last, either.

Reactions: funkbott and MTPSC
And somehow losing a player or two won’t affect the trajectory of this program.

I never disagreed with it being used against Clemson. WTF are you talking about? I was adamant about firing Pearman. I just don't want to disband the university, over it.

You were speaking like a lunatic in that thread and it wasn't the first time. I'm sure it won't be the last, either.

You quoted this post I made in the thread :
“Again, if you don’t think opposing coaches will dangle Dabo’s comments and everything surrounding Clemson during that time whenever they see an opportunity, then you’re mistaken or you think opposing coaches are nicer on the trail than they really are“

and responded to that post with the following :

“Why do you actually cheer for Clemson? It's clearly not woke or liberal enough for you. CAL-Berkeley is a lot more your speed. They might lean far enough left, but I'm not sure. You cancel easily.”

You picked out the post I made about it being used to negative recruit and decided to address that directly.

toward the bottom of the page - your post Saturday at 12:30 Am. Now you’re acting like you don’t recall. Maybe you really were drunk

https://clemson.forums.rivals.com/threads/korey-foreman.204072/page-2

ADVERTISEMENT