ADVERTISEMENT

Former Tiger Football Player David Lebel passed away today

SEHTiger

The Jack Dunlap Club
Gold Member
Dec 21, 2001
My son just sent me this obituary. David lived in our neighborhood in Alpharetta, Georgia for many years. He was a true Southern Gentlemen, and his son Dane is best friends with my son. Please pray for the family during this difficult time.

David Phillip LeBel

1954-2024

David Phillip LeBel passed away just before 6AM this morning, August 13, 2024, surrounded by his friends and family after a long battle with cancer. He received the best treatment he could with unmatched support from the Cleveland Clinic, who treated him with the upmost love, respect, and care.

David graduated from Jacksonville High School, where he accepted scholarships to play collegiate level sports at Clemson University. He was a star athlete in both basketball, and football, and decided to take the sport of football to the next level when he joined the New Orleans Saints in 1976.

After his football career ended from injury, he took his leadership skills and competitive drive to become a successful business executive for a building supply company that he spent the majority of his career bringing excellence to their organization.

He had a huge heart. An even larger sense of humor. And loved nothing more than the happiness of others. Truly the life of the party.

He is survived by his wife Cheryl LeBel, his sister, Maribeth Kondziola, his sons, David and Dane LeBel, his grandchildren, Madelyn LeBel, Shelby LeBel, and Josie LeBel, and his step-children, Lauren, Alexandra, and Rex.
He is also survived by all of the friends and family that loved him and the impact David had on their lives.
Rest in peace. We love you.

Reactions: 24TIGER
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News