ADVERTISEMENT

Georgia Gov ups his Corona game...

But mandating masks doesn’t divide people? Got it.

Did I say that, or did you infer it? Sure, people are divided by these mandates, but are they issued with the intent to divide? No. They are issued in the best interest of public safety based on the best available data.

A pissing match between elected officials is counterproductive in this moment.

All this does is divide people and create confrontational situations. Leaders should lead.

This year can suck it.

it appears to me he is leading. He’s leading the state that elected him governor.

he didn’t say “you can’t wear masks” he said you can’t mandate they have to be worn.

this is good government.

Just as much evidence that they do nothing as that they work. Can’t believe anything they say.

There isn't any evidence that wearing a mask causes the virus to spread more quickly. And there's lots of evidence suggesting that wearing one limits the spread. Given all the complicated challenges facing us, this one pretty easy. Wear a damned mask if you are around other people.

There isn't any evidence that wearing a mask causes the virus to spread more quickly. And there's lots of evidence suggesting that wearing one limits the spread. Given all the complicated challenges facing us, this one pretty easy. Wear a damned mask if you are around other people.

How about if people are so damn anxious about masks they wear one and they’ll be protected and the people who are not anxious don’t. Seems simple

it appears to me he is leading. He’s leading the state that elected him governor.

he didn’t say “you can’t wear masks” he said you can’t mandate they have to be worn.

this is good government.

This is also the same dumbass that said back in early April that he had only just learned of asymptomatic spread, even though it was already a well-established fact and one of the reasons for the stay at home orders many other states had issued weeks before.

How about if people are so damn anxious about masks they wear one and they’ll be protected and the people who are anxious don’t. Seems simple

The primary purpose of my wearing a mask is to prevent me from spreading it other other people who then may spread it to other people, etc. It's about having consideration for other people and their health. I don't understand why some are being so dense on this topic. Again, this is a lay up. Doesn't have to devolve into some grand conspiracy to deprive you of your freedoms or whatever you've made this up to be.

The primary purpose of my wearing a mask is to prevent me from spreading it other other people who then may spread it to other people, etc. It's about having consideration for other people and their health. I don't understand why some are being so dense on this topic. Again, this is a lay up. Doesn't have to devolve into some grand conspiracy to deprive you of your freedoms or whatever you've made this up to be.

again if people are concerned about their health, knowing the risks, then wear the mask. If you are not concerned, knowing the risks, then don't. I am not getting into a big 17 page thread argument about it. If you are wearing the mask to protect me, then don't.. I choose to wear one so I am good.

again if people are concerned about their health, knowing the risks, then wear the mask. If you are not concerned, knowing the risks, then don't. I am not getting into a big 17 page thread argument about it. If you are wearing the mask to protect me, then don't.. I choose to wear one so I am good.

Near universal mask-wearing is our quickest path to something close to "normal."

I mean, disagree or agree with it all you want, he drew his line in the sand weeks ago and he's not backing down from it. Better than a governor like McMaster who just keeps throwing shit at the wall and hoping it sticks. No alcohol being served past 11 PM? LOL okay.

Kemp and McMaster have been poor on this issue in different ways. McMaster is just trying to make it look like he's doing something while Kemp thinks its better to make a show of doing nothing and prohibiting local leaders from taking measures to protect their communities after getting his hand slapped by the White House.

Reactions: Caltigers
But it doesn’t hurt to try something either. My gosh what is wrong with people. Again I don’t know if it works or not but it doesn’t hurt me to try.
My cardiologist ordered me to not where a mask due to my oxygen level dropping into the mid 85% range after 5 minutes of wearing one in his office. So I should endanger my health?! Junk science is rampant!

Mask on restiing for 30 minutes after a 30 minute walk. It’s 68%!! I take mask off and back to nineties in two minutes.
CC2-C2-C13-7-F7-D-46-A4-9-BD9-F1-F7773-E9735.jpg

Last edited:
My cardiologist ordered me to not where a mask due to my oxygen level dropping into the mid 85% range after 5 minutes of wearing one in his office. So I should endanger my health?! Junk science is rampant!

Sounds like a moot point for you, as it seems like you're already in a high risk category and should stay home.

I like Gov Kemp. I voted for him. I have a good friend from B-School who works on his staff.

But it’s fair to say, political blinders aside, that he hasn’t handled this pandemic very well. His selection of Loeffler is/was controversial.

I fear that my state will turn blue for the first time since 96 in November. Data shows we’re more purple than ever and the changing demographics and the number of residents from out of state, plus young Americans who grew up left-leaning, has Georgia going the other way. We’ll see how that goes ....

FWIW, I’m all for wearing masks. I’m flabbergasted why this is such a damn issue. Jesus Christ

Did you go to the same doctor that your son did to get tested for covid 19? You know, the one that did an antibody test to see if he currently had covid. Lmao

It’s just amazing what counts as a controversial, political issue these days. If wearing a thin cloth sheet over your mouth has even a chance of controlling the virus and helping your fellow man then why on Earth would you not do it. It’s astounding how badly this virus as been handled all the way around to the point that a general public health issue has become political.

Can someone provide a study that suggests masks are ineffective to reduce transmission? Bc all I’m seeing (CDC, Johns Hopkins, etc) seems to make it pretty clear that yeah, a mask helps.

Reactions: ddot7
supposed to be a free country. Why is eveyone fighting over this. If you want to wear a mask then wear one if you don't then don't. it is unconstitiuntional to tell us we MUST wear a mask. Part of these "Woke" times we live in i suppose
Is it unconstitutional though? Is mandating that people have on shirts and shoes to enter establishments unconstitutional? I genuinely don't know bc I don't know the ins and outs of the constitution but curious as to why you think it most definitely is unconstitutional when there are a variety of other laws that mandate what we can and can't do but they are unconstitutional.

I like Gov Kemp. I voted for him. I have a good friend from B-School who works on his staff.

But it’s fair to say, political blinders aside, that he hasn’t handled this pandemic very well. His selection of Loeffler is/was controversial.

I fear that my state will turn blue for the first time since 96 in November. Data shows we’re more purple than ever and the changing demographics and the number of residents from out of state, plus young Americans who grew up left-leaning, has Georgia going the other way. We’ll see how that goes ....

FWIW, I’m all for wearing masks. I’m flabbergasted why this is such a damn issue. Jesus Christ
I've stopped becoming flabbergasted. America has jumped the shark at this point. Extremists on both sides are picking the weirdest battles and get upset about things that don't even make sense anymore. Tomorrow if they say people are back to protesting seatbelts I wont be surprised.

Is it unconstitutional though? Is mandating that people have on shirts and shoes to enter establishments unconstitutional? I genuinely don't know bc I don't know the ins and outs of the constitution but curious as to why you think it most definitely is unconstitutional when there are a variety of other laws that mandate what we can and can't do but they are unconstitutional.

Narrator: It was not unconstitutional

I've stopped becoming flabbergasted. America has jumped the shark at this point. Extremists on both sides are picking the weirdest battles and get upset about things that don't even make sense anymore. Tomorrow if they say people are back to protesting seatbelts I wont be surprised.
Hey but telling me I have to wear a seatbelt is unconstitutional and an infringement on my rights!!! (sarcasm)

Its not unconstitutional. Companies and people can refuse service to people for pretty much any reason besides bigotry related things like race, religion and sexuality. Its in no way unconstitutional to refuse service to someone not wearing shoes or a face mask.

Its not unconstitutional. Companies and people can refuse service to people for pretty much any reason besides bigotry related things like race, religion and sexuality. Its in no way unconstitutional to refuse service to someone not wearing shoes or a face mask.
That's what I was thinking. Seems a bit ridiculous to claim it's unconstitutional to make people wear a mask.

supposed to be a free country. Why is eveyone fighting over this. If you want to wear a mask then wear one if you don't then don't. it is unconstitiuntional to tell us we MUST wear a mask. Part of these "Woke" times we live in i suppose
What part of the constitution covers mask wearing?

It’s just amazing what counts as a controversial, political issue these days. If wearing a thin cloth sheet over your mouth has even a chance of controlling the virus and helping your fellow man then why on Earth would you not do it. It’s astounding how badly this virus as been handled all the way around to the point that a general public health issue has become political.
I'm not sure what to say at this point. I've known for a while that most people are dumb, but the absolute refusal to wear a mask during a pandemic is comical and pure redneck. It's almost like my unc buddies that refuse to acknowledge any part of the academic scandal. It was all an NC state conspiracy. At some point you just have to give up trying to reason with people.

I personally feel masks should be required because it seems that is what it would take for people to wear them.

I also think the government shouldn't have so many mandates, so I don't disagree with the governor preventing a further reach of mandates. Most headlines ignore that he encouraged masks, just didn't want cities to mandate them.

However, those of you that use this to feel vindicated about not wearing masks and continue to claim they don't work using pseudoscience are despicable.

Wear a damn mask.

I personally feel masks should be required because it seems that is what it would take for people to wear them.

I also think the government shouldn't have so many mandates, so I don't disagree with the governor preventing a further reach of mandates. Most headlines ignore that he encouraged masks, just didn't want cities to mandate them.

However, those of you that use this to feel vindicated about not wearing masks and continue to claim they don't work using pseudoscience are despicable.

Wear a damn mask.

There's a reason those silica packets say "do not eat." The same people who need that message are the ones refusing to wear masks. The same dipshits that ate fish tank cleaner after Trump touted hydroxychloroquine.

Can someone provide a study that suggests masks are ineffective to reduce transmission? Bc all I’m seeing (CDC, Johns Hopkins, etc) seems to make it pretty clear that yeah, a mask helps.

I'm sure someone will find some poorly constructed study and draw inappropriate conclusions from it claiming that masks are a danger to society.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT