ADVERTISEMENT

Griner released from Russia

American Flag Vintage GIF by US National Archives

I hope we got the other people out that were over there for the same reasons

Will the US arrest her when she’s back in the states now that we know she brought marijuana on a plane?

If this story doesn’t sum up the world we live in today not sure what does.

To me on the surface, it seems The USA could/should have forced her release in less than 24 hours. It was for small amount of cannibals oil right?

Admit I haven’t followed closely. If this swap is any indication of the USA power now days I think we should all be more than concerned.

Curious to hear @24TIGER take on it, if you have one Sir.

Reactions: BoldStrategyTiger
The press will make her into a hero and spokesperson for all things woke. She is just a tall petty criminal who plays basketball.

I wonder how many times she was saying "but I'm an American."

Glad she's outta there though. That had to suck.
That was her defense the whole time, what she had was legal in the US. Her liberal “I have my human rights to have this” was the reason she was arrested because you do not have those rights in places like Russia.

Good summarization. This is the Biden admin taking care of their base. Military families in general are not their base and bringing a US Marine home will not give them enough opportunity for msm to kiss their ass for doing this.

I am glad that Griner is released but this is BS when our Marine has been in the gulag over there for 3+ years. Thats not to mention the US citizens that have been sitting in the DC gulag for over 2 years with no trial or bail offered.

Her political and social views are terrible but her punishment was equally as terrible. Glad to see it.
Taking all politics out of the equation, the magnitude of the crimes in this swap are not equivalent. Pot Oil < Convicted Arms Dealer. Chalk one up for Putin and deduct one from Biden.

Ignorance of the law is no excuse, particularly in a communist regime.

Do some of you dumbasses realize that if they could have gotten both, they would have? You make the deal you can get, and keep working on the other.
Well given who we gave up in the exchange, we lost a big bargaining chip. And all for someone who, if not for her political affiliation, wouldn’t have been traded for first.

ADVERTISEMENT