ADVERTISEMENT

Griner released from Russia

dont wanna hear this dumb sht about whelan's family calling it the right decision. what else are they gonna say? for the next 2 years any hopes they have of getting him home are sadly in the hands of our chief vegetable. in other words, they're pretty much hopeless, but there's a cnt hair of hope there that bashing the decision removes. it adds 0 validity to anyone trying to pretend biden didn't get walked over like a doormat or that this isn't disgraceful.

i mean i thought we were the ones who had russia over the barrel now? that putin was weak and in hiding. well if thats true how the fuk is this guy telling us the terms. this admin is so mind numbingly incompetent. the entire lot of em is completely lacking any ability to think ahead in ways that would actually have russia caving in and both of them home without handing over an arms dealer. i cant imagine the damage still to come from the keystone cops in the wh

Our “imprisoned Marine” who was court martialed & dishonorably discharged?
well aware, but he still served and was arrested for nothing. he is the first priority and if russia won't put him on the table we are done talking. period.

i'd even endorse sending ukraine some shiny new explosive toys. you cannot get spanked like this in negotiations in terms of who IS being released, nevermind have it aired out to the world russia just looked you in the eye and told the potus how things were gonna go. you can never rebound from that.

Reactions: tigersrule#
If this story doesn’t sum up the world we live in today not sure what does.

To me on the surface, it seems The USA could/should have forced her release in less than 24 hours. It was for small amount of cannibals oil right?

Admit I haven’t followed closely. If this swap is any indication of the USA power now days I think we should all be more than concerned.

Curious to hear @24TIGER take on it, if you have one Sir.
Thanks for asking for my opinion.

I hope that my “no comment” will speak volumes. BillyD 🇺🇸

Do some of you dumbasses realize that if they could have gotten both, they would have? You make the deal you can get, and keep working on the other.
Agreed. Russia knows how weak Biden is. Why give away all your political prisoners when US will swap a WNBA player for the merchant of death?

Reactions: tigersrule#
Thanks for asking for my opinion.

I hope that my “no comment” will speak volumes. BillyD 🇺🇸
I’m curious- if we are insisting that the USA should have “forced” Griner’s release in less than 24 hours- and you’re interpreting the failure to achieve that as a reflection of the weakness of the current administration, I wonder why that same expectation/judgement isn’t applied to the Whelan case.

Last edited:
Reactions: dpic73
Her situation was unfortunate, but it’s an objectively bad trade. I said that a while ago and stand by it

Without post of bunch of articles, I'd be interested in hearing your actual thoughts on this...
I’m glad an American is coming home. Whelan has been held for 4 years on charges of espionage and neither Biden nor trump have been able to get him back. Clearly Russia wanted more than an arms dealer(who we we didn’t care about until he started selling AKs to FARC which threatened a US backed govt in Colombia) to release Whelan so we got what we could.

Reactions: AustinTiger77
Just as when Trump politicized the Alice Johnson release, this is wrong. We shouldn't have pictures of the President with people in these situations. The ONLY possible use for these images is political gain. When that is the case, it is inappropriate because we make politics out of a terrible situation. I'm glad Griner was released. But I also know if the person in question filled in different "categories" for those on the left, this wouldn't have happened.

Anytime you exchange a person who kills people or helps to facilitate the killing of people for someone who committed no more than a petty crime, you've taken a wrong turn. Griner shouldn't have been jailed as she was and that is the truth. But it is also true that the only reason she's on her way home now is because of her fame and the political gain the Biden admin will get from her release.

I’m glad an American is coming home. Whelan has been held for 4 years on charges of espionage and neither Biden nor trump have been able to get him back. Clearly Russia wanted more than an arms dealer(who we we didn’t care about until he started selling AKs to FARC which threatened a US backed govt in Colombia) to release Whelan so we got what we could.
We wanted him sooner, that’s what he was charged on. It was a sting where agents pretended to be FARC guerrillas saying they were going to shoot down American pilots. He agreed to the sale so it was conspiracy to kill Americans. We also slapped more charges including terrorism when he came back to plead. Before getting arrested he sold arms to terrorist groups across the world that ended up killing Americans. The movie Lord of War was based on this guy, he’d sell to anyone and everyone, but was protected in Moscow and is now going back to presumably restart his business

If the info in this substack is true, Russia offered a one to one swap for Whelan before BG got arrested.

Per Whelan's attorney "Zherebenkov has previously said that Russia offered a 1 to 1 swap for Whelan in exchange for Bout prior to Griner’s detention. This offer was apparently rejected by U.S. officials. "

Reactions: TigerGrowls
This does not surprise me. None of this adds up to me. Once again I am happy that Griner is back in America.

https://therightscoop.com/nbc-repor...en-they-stealth-edited-to-match-biden-claims/

NBC-NEWS-SPECIAL-REDACTION.jpg

NBC reported Russia offered ‘Griner OR Whelan’ — then they stealth edited to match Biden claims​

“The Kremlin gave the White House the choice of either Griner or Whelan — or none,” said an NBC News report on Thursday morning. That’s not what the White House, Biden, Karine Jean-Pierre, or CNN said. They said Whelan, the United States Marine who actually like America, was never an option. Only the woke WNBA player was made an option, they claimed.
A short time later NBC News went and stealth edited their article to agree with that, changing the line to say, “the Kremlin ultimately gave the White House the choice of either Griner or no one after different options were proposed.”

It was only after they were caught stealth-editing that they added a note — hours later — about the edit, writing “an earlier version of this article misstated the choice the Biden administration was given over hostages. It was to swap for Griner or no one, not a choice between Griner or Whelan.”
That’s not an explanation, that’s just them saying they changed it. Can you imagine them letting Fox News get away with a material change like this? Just chalking it up to error and moving on? Please. So why are we supposed to let them off the hook? They should have to EXPLAIN this.
And what’s worse is that it doesn’t even make it better. As so many on the right (and ONLY the right) have pointed out today, that was and should have been treated by the U.S. as an unacceptable condition from Russia, if it even WAS their condition.
Biden was desperate to get Griner released, because the left doesn’t care one bit about a Marine but they sure as heck care about one of their fellow travelers. Just ask teachers union capo Randi Weingarten.

These people are vile, but we knew that.
So Biden traded an evil arms dealer for a criminal WNBA lesbian, leaving a Marine behind, and he did it to get tweet love from the likes of Weingarten, which NBC is happy to carry water about.
Imagine all the phones ringing and sources being worked if this deal took place under Trump? But you can bet the MSM hasn’t lifted a finger to find out the real story about Biden’s bad deal.
They’re happy to just edit what they say, before or after they say it, to suit the DNC’s needs.
Oh and by the way they’re rehabilitating the arms dealer’s rep, too. Yeah.

TRUTH! Who the F**K can we swap with the commies in DC to get those American citizens released from the DC Gulag?

• Haha
Reactions: DW4_2016
If the info in this substack is true, Russia offered a one to one swap for Whelan before BG got arrested.

Per Whelan's attorney "Zherebenkov has previously said that Russia offered a 1 to 1 swap for Whelan in exchange for Bout prior to Griner’s detention. This offer was apparently rejected by U.S. officials. "

You should start all of your posts like that. “If the information in this sub stack is true…”

It’s better than “according to catturd on twitter…”

How do you know this? It fits your story, so just go with it?

• Haha
  • Wow

They wanted Vadim Krasikov
All you're telling me here is that the US would not release Krasikov.

Is this true?

• Haha
All you're telling me here is that the US would not release Krasikov.

Is this true?
No clue. Again I’m against the trade. Dumb move for a few reasons. Would seem that the Russians wanted more to include Whelan, and it came down to bringing an American back or not. Biden should have made the tough call to tell them to kick rocks

No clue. Again I’m against the trade. Dumb move for a few reasons. Would seem that the Russians wanted more to include Whelan, and it came down to bringing an American back or not. Biden should have made the tough call to tell them to kick rocks
Practice makes perfect and the Obama Biden Dream Team are great at capitulating and emabling dictators.

So where was trump when Whelan was arrested??? It happened during his administration. Wasn't trump perpetuating the notion that he and Vlad were BFF??? With all the ass kissing Donnie was doing with Putin you'd think that he could pull something off.

I would have had a hard time not letting at least one American come home, even if it was one that basically denounced her country. That said it still would have been hard, but I could see releasing Krasikov before Bout. Bout would have been a no go IMO!

I cringe at articles like this:

Jotaka Eaddy was sitting at her home in Washington on Thursday morning when she got a text message from a friend: Brittney Griner was coming home, it said.

Eaddy paused, then reread the message as a flood of emotions — relief, joy, pride— ran through her.

The founder of the Win With Black Women collective, Eaddy had been among thousands of women across the country battling to bring Griner, a center for the WNBA’s Phoenix Mercury and an Olympic gold medalist, home after she was detained in Russia for bringing vape cartridges with hashish oil into the country.

Eaddy and members of Win With Black Women wrote the Biden administration in July, demanding more be done to secure Griner’s freedom.

“When you see a fellow American and when you see a fellow sister in such intolerable, unfair conditions, you’re compelled to act and you’re compelled to do something and say something and keep saying something until she’s home,” Eaddy told The Hill.

Since Griner’s detainment 294 days ago, Black women have been at the forefront of seeing the WNBA star’s release and keeping the pressure on the administration.

The campaign We Are BG was organized, and more than 300,000 people signed a petition urging the government to create a deal to bring Griner home.

“It was painful for so many, particularly Black women, to see another Black woman be in those harsh conditions, to just see the pain in her face,” Eaddy said. “It was hard to watch. It’s hard to hear about the inhumane conditions that she was forced to be in.”

Eaddy said Black women played a critical role in securing Griner’s release.

Not only were they courageous and consistent in speaking truth to power, she said, but much of the organizing was done by a Black woman: Griner’s wife, Cherelle.

Members of the WNBA, including Executive Director Terri Jackson and former star Dawn Staley, a basketball Hall of Famer and three-time Olympic gold medalist who is now the head coach of the South Carolina Gamecocks, also spoke out consistently on Griner’s imprisonment. Griner’s own team also stood in solidarity after she was sentenced to nine years in prison in August.

Vice President Harris was also a major player in securing Griner’s release.

“It took Black women sending a strong message to the world that we had to do everything that we could possibly do to get Brittney home,” said Eaddy. “It took the work and the voices of so many that have leveraged their platforms, their individual power, to help join the corps of so many Americans, especially Black women, to say that we must bring Brittney home and we will not stop saying her name, we will not stop standing in solidarity, we will not stop pushing until she’s safely home.”

Black women across the country could identify with Griner’s story, said LaTosha Brown, a community activist and co-founder of Black Voters Matter.

“Part of the reason why I think myself and so many others wanted to continue to uplift her name and this issue is because I know it is very, very easy for America to forget about Black women or to not fight for us,” Brown said.

“Part of that is why you saw Black women come together and I think it was very intentional to affirm this notion of ‘We Are BG.’ We’re feeling this and we’re collectively seeing her as a part of us. And so when she’s not OK, we’re not OK.”

Racial and gender issues hung over the the story of Griner, whose detention in Russia was widely seen as politically motivated given Russia’s invasion of Ukraine.

Some argued that if male and female athletes were paid the same, Griner would not have been forced to join a Russian team in the offseason and there never would have been a possibility of her arrest.

Others said if Griner were not Black or lesbian, more would have been done sooner to secure her release.

“It reminded me of the African American experience,” said Brown. “How you’ve just been snatched from your environment and your comfort. … [Griner] was taken and held captive against her will and there was nothing she could do about it.”

Brown said she was moved to tears when she heard Thursday’s announcement. She reflected on photos and videos of Griner in Russian courtrooms, the terrified look on her face and stories of the conditions Griner faced in the penal colony.

“We kept getting reports that even because of her height, because of her body, that the cell that she was in was extremely cramped and not really big enough,” said Brown. “We also know that she was in a prison that was created to intentionally inflict long-term consequences.”

In a statement, Marcela Howell, president and CEO of In Our Own Voice: National Black Women’s Reproductive Justice Agenda, said Griner should have been home all along.

“As a Black, queer, American woman, Brittney Griner was at grave risk in a country known for its human rights violations, especially at this time when Russia is ramping up its attacks on LGBTQ people,” Howell said.

“Brittney Griner is free, but others still languish in Russian prisons,” Howell added. “Today, we celebrate Griner’s release — tomorrow we join advocates around the world in demanding that Russia stop its human rights abuses once and for all.”

Eaddy said that though she is celebrating Griner’s release today, she too is thinking of all those still detained — including Paul Whelan, a high-profile American who was not part of what appeared to be a prisoner swap that saw the U.S. release notorious arms dealer Victor Bout.

CDC expands use of updated COVID-19 vaccines for kids as young as 6 monthsHow automakers are leaning on dealerships in electric vehicle charging race
She says she will continue to pray and advocate for “the countless other Americans wrongfully detained.”

Brown added that if she could say anything to Griner today, it would be to remind her she is in the hearts of millions.

“I would say to her, sister, we love you. Be free. Enjoy your time. Enjoy this moment with your family and just be free,” said Brown.

So where was trump when Whelan was arrested??? It happened during his administration. Wasn't trump perpetuating the notion that he and Vlad were BFF??? With all the ass kissing Donnie was doing with Putin you'd think that he could pull something off.
Would it have benefited the Donald? If no, there's your answer

Trump did not agree to a bad deal it looks like to me bro. You know he is the master of the deal.

Russia tells DT no deal on Whalen and BG for just Bout, you only get one. DT does not make that deal.
Biden did.
Glad an American is home, yes! Would I have made it for Bout, probably not!

Reactions: TigerGrowls
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT