ADVERTISEMENT

Happy Climate Change Day!

OrangeBaron

Valles Marineris
Gold Member
Dec 19, 2010
Happy Climate Change day! 4.54 billion years in a row and counting! Wow! Who da thunk it! Can’t wait to see what the climate brings tomorrow...oh, wait?! Kinda feels like deja vu...odd...

We won’t live to find out if we don’t get these cow farts under control
@Ron Munson I did my part Sunday on the way back from visiting my Mom. Stopped by a cow pasture and yelled "Stop farting. You are killing the earth". The cows looked at me and went back to eating grass. I tried my best. Felt good man. Doing my part.

It's been a good run.

blog4_temp.png

I too enjoy ignoring peer-reviewed scientific literature and mocking evidence-based facts.

The posters ITT who deny climate change and think it’s just some “liberal hoax” are an embarrassment to the human race but also living proof that not everyone evolves and not everyone is mentally fit for a modern society.

Maybe once everything is screwed beyond repair us liberals can say “I told you so”, just like we have on many other issues and occasions throughout history.

I too enjoy ignoring peer-reviewed scientific literature and mocking evidence-based facts.

The posters ITT who deny climate change and think it’s just some “liberal hoax” are an embarrassment to the human race but also living proof that not everyone evolves and not everyone is mentally fit for a modern society.

Maybe once everything is screwed beyond repair us liberals can say “I told you so”, just like we have on many other issues and occasions throughout history.

You liberals are already screwing things up beyond repair so your point is mute...

Dude....the world has been through dozens of changes before man was even here. Explain that!
Yes things change but men also make tbings better. All this liberal non-SCENCE science is laughable.

3-dodgeball-quotes.gif

I fully expect this thread to be full of civilized discussion and not like the other 10k climate change threads on TI.

I won't go as far as Johnhugh, but I am close with 3 prominent Clemson researchers that have studied the effects of sea level rise on the coast of SC for decades. The sea level is rising. The data is there. The sea level in Georgetown County has risen 8 inches in 60 years, and the rate of rise is increasing.

The direct reason for why it is rising is undeniable - it is ice cap melt. The reason why the ice cap is melting - I'll leave to you.

You liberals are already screwing things up beyond repair so your point is mute...

Dude....the world has been through dozens of changes before man was even here. Explain that!
Yes things change but men also make tbings better. All this liberal non-SCENCE science is laughable.
And then man comes along and we are in the middle of a mass extinction. Ecosystems are being destroyed. The ocean is acidifying. The sea levels are rising. The earths main defense against excessive heat is fading faster and faster each year. But sure, let’s just sit around and let it happen.

You’re useless.
I won't go as far as Johnhugh, but I am close with 3 prominent Clemson researchers that have studied the effects of sea level rise on the coast of SC for decades. The sea level is rising. The data is there. The sea level in Georgetown County has risen 8 inches in 60 years, and the rate of rise is increasing.

The direct reason for why it is rising is undeniable - it is ice cap melt. The reason why the ice cap is melting - I'll leave to you.
That makes me uncomfortable so I am going to say it is fake news

Here’s an excerpt that is a good illustration how our current administration just mocks common sense and basic logic. Trump has ushered us into a time where being totally ignorant and denying all facts is acceptable as long as you’re confident. Scary times.

86-F7-ED8-E-4-F7-D-47-A3-B3-F0-CA3-A6-D7-EA124.jpg

Honest question for all of the people ITT who deny that climate change is real:

Let's assume that you are 100% correct; climate change is a liberal myth, and humans are not in any way affecting the levels of the oceans, or the avg global temperature.

Then please explain your POV on the millions of pounds of plastic that are clogging our seas and other water ways. Surely this is an undeniable issue that affects everyone in the world, right?

Caring for the home that we as humans have been given should not be considered a political agenda, IMO.

garbage-patch-featured.jpg

10378162-3x2-940x627.jpg

This nugget of truth won't play well here.

Reactions: clemsontyger04

Well the ocean came all the way up to Columbia long before humans walked the earth.

Wrote a song about it. Like to hear it, here it goes.

Reactions: Ron Munson

Let's assume that you are 100% correct; climate change is a liberal myth, and humans are not in any way affecting the levels of the oceans, or the avg global temperature.

Then please explain your POV on the millions of pounds of plastic that are clogging our seas and other water ways. Surely this is an undeniable issue that affects everyone in the world, right?

Caring for the home that we as humans have been given should not be considered a political agenda, IMO.

10378162-3x2-940x627.jpg

I'll be sure to request paper at the Harris Teeter check out the next time we go to buy food for the family...

Here’s an excerpt that is a good illustration how our current administration just mocks common sense and basic logic. Trump has ushered us into a time where being totally ignorant and denying all facts is acceptable as long as you’re confident. Scary times.

86-F7-ED8-E-4-F7-D-47-A3-B3-F0-CA3-A6-D7-EA124.jpg
If that statement was used as a rebuttal or explanation at our Morbidity and Mortality conference the surgery resident would be looking for a job at an urgent care the next day. Amazing, thanks for sharing.

Reactions: johnhugh
I'll drop this here...

You want Scientific Fact? This guy provide facts and I think he is qualified to share his opinion.

The Founder of the Weather Channel has also said Climate Change is a joke

It's crazy that you perceive certain posters as rational, and then they peddle this anti-climate change nonsense.

Reactions: clem15

10378162-3x2-940x627.jpg
I sure hope that everyone is on the same page about pollution and littering. I don't think the two subjects (global warming/general cleanliness) should be combined but rather individual subject areas. The fact is that everyone wants to live without trash and littering. I think the masses are all more likely to work together cleaning up the planet if they leave "global warming/climate change" out of their mission statement. It is 100% possible to believe pollution is a problem without believing in global warming. And that is a goal everyone can work toward together.

I sure hope that everyone is on the same page about pollution and littering. I don't think the two subjects (global warming/general cleanliness) should be combined but rather individual subject areas. The fact is that everyone wants to live without trash and littering. I think the masses are all more likely to work together cleaning up the planet if they leave "global warming/climate change" out of their mission statement. It is 100% possible to believe pollution is a problem without believing in global warming. And that is a goal everyone can work toward together.
Lolololololololol

I'll drop this here...

You want Scientific Fact? This guy provide facts and I think he is qualified to share his opinion.

The Founder of the Weather Channel has also said Climate Change is a joke

Liberals always have to have some kind of cause. This has been the case with them for the last 50 years.

And it's mostly hypothetical. Look at Al Gore, Leo, and all these Climate change activist living in multiple mansions and flying around in private jets. There carbon footprint for one day is larger than the average person will accumulate in their lifetime.

Then take the pipeline protesters for example. After they left the site when their protests failed, they left behind tons a trash, and that is very typical.

Point being, all it is is a cause to them. a way to rally voters, a justification for violence for some, and a way to make themselves feel better. they honestly don't give a shit about the environment. Just like they don't give a shit about illegal immigrants, or anything else. Its all about power and control.

ADVERTISEMENT