ADVERTISEMENT

Has America ever had a less atheltic President?

#1: Calvin Coolidge

The least athletic American president is Calvin Coolidge, whose athletic talent can be encapsulated by the way he played and felt about golf.

Golf's popularity took off during the first quarter of the twentieth century. As such, presidents were expected to play and enjoy the game. Well, Coolidge played, but he didn't enjoy. By all accounts, he would have been jealous of Charles Barkley's golf swing, routinely taking 10+ strokes to get to the green. And when it came time to leave the White House to make way for Herbert Hoover, the only item left behind was his bag of golf clubs.

Coolidge's disdain for sports didn't end at his own poor abilities. Sports, in a way, also killed his son. In 1924, Calvin Jr. developed a staph infection after playing tennis barefoot on the White House courts. The infection went untreated for too long and soon killed him.
To be realistic, least athletic while in office probably has to go to William Henry Harrison. He basically had pneumonia the entire time he was in office, until he died.

Reactions: Florida Tiger
zWB0p3X.jpg
[/QUOTE]
screw politics for a second cause I don't care but this is pathetic. Please tell me this is photo shopped!

Read
Even with polio he was more coordinated than the limp wristed community organizer.

Read up up FDR and other presidents before life events knocked the crap out of them

For example FDR was very involved in athletics before polio

And I want to say Ford was an AA at Michigan in FB but people joked he was clumsy

And Trump I want to say was being recruited to play pro B.B.

Look at William Perry today with his ailments and then we all need to reflect before judging

Age catches all of us I used to run the 100 yard dash in 9.9 seconds in high school

Now that would be measured in minutes

Reactions: CU1TruTiger4Life
Read

Read up up FDR and other presidents before life events knocked the crap out of them

For example FDR was very involved in athletics before polio

And I want to say Ford was an AA at Michigan in FB but people joked he was clumsy

And Trump I want to say was being recruited to play pro B.B.

Look at William Perry today with his ailments and then we all need to reflect before judging

Age catches all of us I used to run the 100 yard dash in 9.9 seconds in high school

Now that would be measured in minutes

9.9 seconds!! Really? That is book'in, you would have had the State record in some States and the world record up until basically 1900!

In Obama's defense - do you really think anyone is gonna foul the President of the US in a pickup basketball game?

Well I probably would just to say I did it - but it wouldn't be a "hard foul".

GHWB must have been pretty athletic. He played baseball at Yale. I think he played against CU in the CWS one year.

Saw him throw out a first pitch and it went WAY wide. I figured it was the body armor. He was wearing a jacket - I assume to cover up an armor vest.

screw politics for a second cause I don't care but this is pathetic. Please tell me this is photo shopped![/QUOTE]

I'm no Obama fan but honestly I'd bet that you could catch any bike rider in a similar picture.

GWB had a bad knee so mountain biking was how he got his exercise. The knee caused him problems with jogging.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT